(2003) Brides of year 2003

shook

Kare
Nar, u not the oldest one. U look like xiao mei mei. I told my hubby May said she is the oldest but I said I m the oldest. He laughed at us for "competing" to be the oldest
rofl.gif

Vin
Wat a small world.
My cousin happened to be my hubby's sister's colleague and my hubby's niece n nephew happened to be my aunt's grandchildren's classmate.

May
Ya boy, hopefully there is no economy class ticket n u got upgraded to business/first class or got SQ flight.
C u r young to be an MD. How can u b the oldest one among us
biggrin.gif

Lately my mgr reorganize our job. I wz allocated to do the job which I HATE (I did it b4). My hypocrite mgr pretend to ask me wat I like to do. After he revealed everything. I told him straight in the face dat he left me wif no choice. He still said no I can make a choice but.... full of crabs. I oso wanna move to a greener pasture but quite difficult in today's economy
sad.gif
Oso got commitment now after marriage. Next time when baby arrived worst. Besides, age is catching up, not easy to compete wif the energetic youngsters. Sigh..... wish I dun have to work.

oso32

Hi gals,

sure was nice meeting up with all of you! i was initially quite apprehensive about the whole thing and it was my hubby who kept encouraging me to go ahead and enjoy myself
happy.gif

i shouldn't have started this age thingy ... now everyone's "fighting" to be the oldest ... haha! but one thing's for sure i guess ... vin should be the youngest amongst us, rite? and thanks, Vin, for the lift home!

kare, how did your "interview" go last sat? did u manage to find Dazhong Pri school that i was telling you about?

sammi

Hi Jady,

Can check with u..what r the wordings colour for your cards printed by Hi-tech? Is it silver or gold?

I just collected mine and if I didn't remember wrongly, my hotel also recommended Hi-Tech. And their rate is good.

kare2711

Oso
Hmm .. no interview. Miscommunications. *#&$#$^ but at least I got to talk to the P of St Anthony's and she also said that Dazhong is literally at my door step. Hmm... must now search for Da Zhong in my street directory.

Only when I was in my hubby's car did I realised that I could actually offer a ride home for you. Ugh, but I assumed wrongly that your hubby is coming to pick you up. Sorry about that.

Well, at least you get to see the 'bullied'. And no less, by the youngest in the group!

kare2711

Shook
I have to agree with you. I used to be so free with my time and money but now, everything I do, must think and think again. Sometimes, I think it''s better to be single. Or maybe I'm so used to single life for too long.

I also wish to be a tai-tai but I don't see that happening in the near future.

kare2711

All
Okay, I have to ask. Being one of the oldest does not make me one of the wisest. Hiak! How do I get rid of the double name? You all have only single names.

oso32

pausini
forgot to ask if you tried any of the soup recipe that we were telling you over the weekend? successful or not?

vin,
how was your segamat trip? did your niece/cousin like the barbie doll u bought?

kare
dun worry about it! and u r rite ... me got to see the "bullied" and think in May's definition, he can be considered the "good to bully" type! hee hee
happy.gif

pausini

Oso32,

Lazy to cook on sat, normally if cook would be for lunch and dinner but i have a BBQ at dinner so i forget abt cooking. I think i tried this coming sat. I have all the ingredient in mind. Tell u next week ok!!! But i really to to admit that my MIL did cook nice soup cos she place so much capital in the ingredient and the amt. The soup is so rich, most of the time we only drink the soup and didnt finished the ingredients. I felt that is a great waste leh...

Kare: wat happen to ur interview? Who mess it up??

Girls did u watch the channel * show on sunday nite after the 10:30pm news. It is taking abt genius kid. Wah a K2 boy is doing fraction now. After watching the show my hubby and I were like, "wah why so competative!!!"

Can we still go back to the older time where the child could play five stone, zero point, etc etc!!!

may

Kare: what fly SQ ...me...wait long...long...

i now praying VERY HARD that i can fly MALAYSIA AIR can liao. If all goes well, i can cut short my trip and still be ard this weekend. Weekend very precious leh..i need to do housework..haha...

Shook: i m worst caught b/w two bosses. plus being capable means that i got to do more work which is not fair. i m not looking forward to this trip at all. wish that i dont have to work too...but it will not happen unless i strike toto

Oso: well, i am glad tat u came along too..more pple more fun, right? And we were all busy chatting away...that time flies.

Pausini: hey it is an honor to be the one who is one and wise...haha...
miss the show that u mention but kids nowadays are very stress and pressurise. play what zero point and 5 stones...it will laugh at by the peers. they r now playing computer games or attending classes...

some times, i got this tot that i only want 1 kid...how to afford to have many when exerything so ex. rather have one and then give him the best.

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Welcome back ladies!!!

Meow,
is ok.. not need to say sorry lah...

Jenn,
Thanx alot... but havent fix a date to go over but still thinking when to go...is a maybe only..

vin

Kare,

Doesn’t matter who is the oldest laa… think as long as everyone is happy ever after will do. And again, you don’t look old like your age lor…:p

What do you mean by double name?

May,

Hv you settle your air ticket to New York?? Em… will it be like your wish, travel by SQ and its business class as well???

Shook,

So now you started to in-charge of sth you don’t like? Or there’s a possibility for you to change? Working is good.. so don’t dream of living w/o a job. You will hv problem to spend your time when ppl ard you is working while you got nothing to do at home.

Oso32,

Ya.. Think I’m the youngest and the most fierce gal among you all.
thanks, Vin, for the lift home! =>Don’t mention, you are just stay somewhere ard me!

My Segamat trip? Aiyoh, normal… as you know, Segamat is a boring place. Nothing over there. Basically just back home to visit my family.
Yeah, my cousin like it very much. ..
happy.gif
and she keep changing the doll’s clothing and create her own conversation btw the two Barbie dolls.

Sometimes I bullied my hubby, but he did bully me as well.

Pausini,

Think you are the youngest to be mother among us!

Can we still go back to the older time where the child could play five stone, zero point, etc etc!!!
=>Why not! This is the living environment that you can prepare fr your child. ..
happy.gif

Did you listen to classical music everyday? Heard that is good fr the baby. Should talk to him/ her as well.

HI Gals,

You gal share everything with your hubby??? I mean the bill, mortgage loan etc.. Right now, me and my hubby still like single time, we hv our own account, we don’t hv any joint account.

Know what! I notice sth when I play back the video on my wedding day! My “sisters” ask ang pao fm my hubby when he came to fetch me and aft he used out all his ang pao, he dare to ask his buddy whether he can write “I owe you” letter fr my “sisters” or not! Stupid rite! And my “sisters” put wasabi (very thick layer) together with biscuit, he can finish it and tell his buddy that is a new flavour of jam in the market! Make all my “sisters” laugh, can’t stand him!

shook

Pausini
No I din watch the show. No time to watch TV program nowadays.
Can't agree more. It is v competative now compared to our time. But the kids today r much much cleverer than children of our time.

Kare
Ya boy, we can njoy total freedom being single. On the other hand, we have one more person who dotes on us after we r married
proud.gif

Oso32
Hm... u a muz b a gd cook ya.

Kare
How come u got your nick repeated? I thot u typed your nick twice. I type Shook as my Username then it comes out once

shirlynn

Hi Gals

Finally finished my PS and also GDL. Now so shag.... going to have gathering this friday??

Hi Amore,

You are back... welcome... managed to get for me??

amore

shirlynn... sorry nope did not get for you... things are soo expensive there.... saw a shop dat sell cards and some wedding stuff... saw an "ang bao" box... it costed HKD$875... which is SGD$200+...

shook

May
Kids today play computer games. I personally feel dat it is unhealthy. When we play zero point, five stones, cha teh, rounders, etc, etc, we exercise our body n interact wif human being. I heard fm someone dat when a teacher ask a kid how does a chicken look like, the kid replied Kentucky fried chicken. Dat is v sad. The younger generation shld b exposed to the nature.

Vin
With effect fm next mth, I will b in charge of something I HATE. I wz doing tis idiot job 2 yrs ago n can't wait to get out of it. Now back to it again. Then suay. I HATE tis Indian mgr. He is an expatriate seconded fm India. He is here for 2 yrs. By rite, his contract shld end tis yr but I guess he is extending his contract. He wz seconded when our new Finance director came on board. He is the blue eye boy of the director. Ah ya, u know lar, Indian can talk v well. Morever, most top management dotes on staff enrolled by them. So senior staff like me, my ex-superior n a few senior staff got all the shit

I plan to do volunteer work n spend more time wif my parents if I dun work.

Your hubby v v cute n funny
rofl.gif
My ah yi not as naughty as yours. They v tame one. Din even lock the main door. My hubby pretend dat he din know the door wz unlock n din force thru. My ah yi din even bargain on the ang pow $. My hubby put only $88 coz he expect they bargain for more. My hubby v lucky hor. He actually planned to give my ah yi $88 each. He said he zuan dao
proud.gif

kare2711

Shook
Yah I want to know too. How come everyone's name only appears once and mine appears twice -- kare2711(kare2711)??? How do I change to one single name ah? Anyone knows?

Pausini
Hmm .. long story about the interview. I am not supposed to go for the interview and I was supposed to be informed but no calls came to me, so I had to travel all the way and in the end, no interview. What a waste of time!

And yes I agree. I love our times, when we were simpler and afraid of our elders. We turned out to be very nice, don't we? Kids now are so different. Everything also must be the best. Please, if we are still in contact when I have a child, and I turn into a Kiasu parent, slap me someone!

May
I also thought of having one kid but friends were advising me against. They said either nothing or two. Or else the 1 will be lonely. What, very difficult like that.

Vin
Thanks! But really, I was all ready to reveal my age then but after hearing all your ages, wah, I am ancient. But enough of this.
happy.gif

shirlynn

Amore,

Its okie... I will start to source around... the bridal shop say they do not provide accessories except flowers for the car.

So will either get a pair of bear bear or bells... or anyone else got any ideas??

pausini

haha kare u very cute.

Ok i also have this problem before but manage to solve it> i hope i remember correctly.

U go to "edit profile" Login and under "Full Name" delete the name away. See whether it will work.

Shook, vin, May, Kare:
When i recall back my childhood time. it was so sweet. I wonder will my children still able to treasure the childhood they have.
One thing is i still have a distance "Home town" at Perak but i realise the technology have start taking over it too. Children dun really play zero point and five stone too. Those more well off family are getting computers. My aunty is busy searching for a good tution school for my cousin so he wld lose out with other kid all ard Malaysia. So stressed!!!!

Vin, how u know i am the youngest mummy, u can also u are 2 yr younger than me. Can catch up with me anytime. Be nicer to ur hubby lah. U try to change to be nicer and i think he will love u more. We used to have arguement very often during courtship n i ever admit that i love myself more than my hubby. He is very upset. There are time i still think i love myself more.
After married, i realise mutual understand is very impt and family need to work hand in hand to achieve a better future. It is tough, i am still trying... "like he dun want to keep his dishes after meal.. arghh"

Shook: wah u shld call me to be ur Ah yee. Wah ur hubby give such a big ang pow!!!! The only big ang pow i got is only when i am " mei ren" and ah yee for a colleagues.. but still not as big as urs leh...

May: One kid very lonely one. When my mum brought me over to spore, I came along with my parents, my sister was placed with my grandma in malaysia. I experience the loneliness. it is terrible, it can be worse if both parents are working and have to place the kid with grandparents. I also agree raising a child not easy but i also believe we cant used the $$ to judge whether we can raise a clever children.

I remember my aunty even ask my mum whether 4 kids are too many for her. She replied yes for inital cos she have to work very hard to provide us. however, when we all grown up and married off, she suddenly feel that 4 is too little cos only left my youngest sister and brother with her and most of the time my siblings have their own events.

So i think i also know why Shook's mum miss her so much..

shook

Kare

A v pratical n foresight thot.

My hubby n me agreed dat we wanna have 2 kids. I said twins better still. All @ 1 goal
lame.gif

Last time my parents oso planned to have 1 kid only. Then they found dat my brother is v lonely by himself. Oso my brother can't wait to run out of the hse to play wif other kids. So they decided to have me. Hahaha otherwise I won't b here
biggrin.gif

Your nick appears double in a wedding website ==> u give birth to twins
lol.gif

I notice some ppl oso have their names duplicated like yours. May b u check wif Chin Leng.

kare2711

Pausini
Actually my Full Name is blank ah. But I try again, and if it works, this now you shouldn't see a repeat of my name. If you see it, that means it doesn't work
sad.gif

Pausini
What you said are so profound. But I do agree with you that I also think sometimes I love myself more than I love anybody else. In fact, when hubby does things that I wouldn't do if I were in his shoes, I was really surprised that such love exists. With my exes, I never got such sacrifices. Yah, maybe there is, but they are only during the beginning. So actually I resolve to be like my hubby, to be more tolerant of his weak points and to love him much much more.

Shook
I wish ah! But if I give birth to twin girls, I would faint. My hubby's parents are very traditional and so far, his older brothers have all given birth to boys first, and I would hope for the same. I always think older brothers can take better care of their little sisters, rather than the other way round.

I was thinking of moving our 'chat' to Yahoo Groups. What do you all think? You just need an account with Yahoo and then we can read and post there. Even better is that you can choose to have your posts sent to your mailbox.

snoopy

Hi all,

Juz collected my inserts frm Hi-Tech yesterday.. they veri fast leh, i confirm sat ...can collect mon liao to avoid the 7th month. printing was veri nice, and all staffs are veri friendly... : ) my in gold print.

hi serene ... wow we same same men : ) ...so glad declared PH liao.

cookiecorgi

Thanks gals for responding to my queries...
happy.gif

Called up HiTech.. their office close very early leh....I cant possibly meet them after work.. and my hubby works on sat morns.. so i dunno how to meet them. Did you gals take half day off or sth? How do you gals liaise with them...? Meiyan is indeed nice to suggest sending me a sample of the inserts thru snail mail... so waiting for the sample.

errr... you mean printing of cards cannot do on the 7th month? i tot its okay...
sad.gif

shook

Pausini
Hmm...how come u know how old is Vin? I personally feel dat Vin's hubby dotes on her v v much. Rite Vin?

My mum misses me v v much bcoz I m the youngest n the only girl in the family. In fact, all my family members dote on me v v much. I m like a little princess in the hse. Watever I want, I get. My dad ever told me b4, if he could get the moon he wld get it 4 me. U know, I cried v badly the moment I left my hse on my wedding day. Even today, when I think of dat moment, my tear drops.
lame.gif
Guess bcoz my family is small so we r v attached to each other.
happy.gif

Ya hor, if I knew u earlier n our wedding is not so near, I wld ask u to b my ah yi then more fun.

Kare
B4 marriage, I attended a pre-marriage course. The counseller told me dun expect your husband to b to change his habits. U gotta learn to accept his bad habits n weaknesses. Well well, nobody is perfect, so I learn to accept my hubby's bad habits (as long as it is not v bad one lar).

May u continue wif your in-law's family tradition n gives birth to a boy 1st.

My aunt (my dad's cousin) told me our family have twins in alternate generation. There wz a twin in my dad's generation (my dad's counsin) n my 2 cousins oso have twins.
kiss.gif

Our of curiosity, y u suggest moving our chats to Yahoo group. I have no objection, juz curious to know.

kare2711

Shook
I know! I actually applied for online counselling but no time to do it with hubby. I really think it will be useful for us. Geez, now you remind me!

Actually I cried last night too, but I was thinking about my dog. She passed away three years ago but at times I still think of her. And I burn candles for her every Tuesday and last night while burning the candles, I was reminded of her again. My only regret is that hubby never meet her before or he too, would fall in love with her.

I thought of moving to yahoo because that's not so public and we can talk more freely? Also, the posts can be sent through emails so I thought that's quite convenient.

M

mrs

Hello! Ladies!

Long time no see!

I'm sorry for not posting for so long as I was real busy!

Yap Yap...I have seen my photos for the photoshoot already! Yes, we are very pleased with the results. Very natural pics! Nice - even when I laugh until cannot see eyes, my double chin showing and my face look round round. * chuckle* (Andrew will touch up on those stuff so that some of my pics will not show too much of my faults! Heheheheh!)

Hubby decided to throw in $2000 for the upgrade to premium package even though we were 'quite firm' in not upgrading before we see the pics. *laugh* And I didn't have to persuade him at all! He just say "Hell! Let's just pay and upgrade!"

My eyes almost pop when I heard him! Kept asking him "Are you sure??" three times before I went full fledge to discuss more about the upgraded package with Andrew!

pam

Hi,
ME also very long did not pop in.
happy.gif

Looks like most of the girls have already done their photoshoot. I have not even decided on my WG design.
sad.gif

Hi Mrs Quake,
Great to know your photos turn out well. Can share some of your photos?

cath

Hi Cookiecorgi
printing the cards during 7th month should be alrite i suppose... but dont distribute them during 7th month.

me also have problem meeting up with Hi-Tech. And I suppose that when we meet them is probably to select the paper and the style of printing we want it to be... so i doubt it will take long. I have asked Meiyan to fax me the common format and style and thus, I roughly know what i want. As for the choosing of paper, probably it can be quite fast lor. To stay an hr there maybe is the max. So, I will be taking time off for that reason.

shook

Kare

How long was your dog wif u? She muz b a darling 2 u dat u have such a strong passion 4 her.

Is the yahoo group u referred to a group name whereby u create a few recipients then when u send email to these recipients, u juz type the group name instead of typing the name of the recipients? Juz wonder wat is the diff b/w tis n sending email. Sorry, I m a computer idiot so ask u so many stupid questions
lame.gif

freesia

Hi Pam
Sorry I didn't remember the date of your wedding....but I seriously think that you should start your WG design any sooner....
for me, I have just only done with my 2nd fitting yesterday...however, still have some more to go till late Aug before my PS.

For my experience, the whole designing process would take quite a while, especially if you custom-made and need to go into choosing of finer details on what you like on those gowns and also getting those accessories eg. shoes, shirts, cuff-links, ties and miscellaneous stuff...

So maybe you like to get yourself decided on what kind of design & look you like for your wedding...then this makes it easier for your designer to work on it?

M

mrs

Hello Pam!

Unfortunately, I'll only be able to get hold of my CD Rom in mid October. Therefore, I got nothing to show at the moment.

Freesia is right in syaing you should start on your gowns and stuff soon. If not, there'll be a rush when the date gets nearer.

jady

hi cath & cookie,

the insert they provide is just normal ivory or peach paper. wording only gold.

can just confirm the format & style vis fax/phone during the wkdays. tats wat i did, on a tue i called them & they fax me a sample(i cant b bothered to choose style/format so juz ask them to give me the commonly used type). then i gave them my parents/IL's names & other details, so they fax the final format(after changes here & there) on thur(2 days lata). as my inserts r provided,on sat i just bring down to them, din even reconfirm the format cos oredy confirmed via fax b4 meetg them.:p

however, if u r getting their inserts, can don't go down till the collection. if u hv confirmed the format via fax,there's nothg to do cos usu people will just choose the ivory paper as inserts & words in gold.

just my 2 cents if u dnt hv time to go down...
happy.gif

besse

aros

Hmm.. meow, so how? where we confirm dinner this friday?? today wed liao.. quick le.. muz book leh.. cos we so many pax.. u can find out watz name for the pasta place? need to mk reservations??

Yve, Kopi, Leo

Wah.. heehee.. all diff ways of celebrating. so nice.. err.. frankly hor, leo, i envy u.. cos can play MJ.. wahahahha.. i fingers itchy liaoz.. dying for my nest to be ready so can jio you all for MJ... *scratch scratch hands*

Er.. u all all done the wrist corsages oledy ar?? grr.. i not yet do leh.. smore will have abt 10 jie meis.. siow liaoz..
sad.gif
(

Shirlynn.. hehe mus rest well k.. cos you will be having the big day soon.. hmm.. for car decor.. can just do simple flowers, with nice ribbons.. else can put in a pair of bear lor..
happy.gif
if got more budget, can consider forever frens..

hi everyone,

wah, looks like the hot topic is the invitation cards now eh?

RHS: how was your photoshoot? It didn't rain right?

vin

Shook,

Ya.. kids nowadays play computer games. Will they hv communication problem when they interact wif ppl???…:p

You can do volunteer work during weekend.
Yeah, he dote me and of coz I appreciate and dote him as well…
happy.gif

Wow, your relationship wif yr dad is very good. Is good to be closed with family. Is fate to be in one family and lucky you are the one that hv good relationship with them.

Kare,

Hope you won’t be one of the kiasu parent.
Btw, I’m ok with the yahoo chat. See which one the rest prefer.

Pausini,

How old is your cousin now?? Is tuition very popular now?? Seem like no matter the student is excellent or normal or poor in their studies, their parents tend to send their children fr tuition class, piano class etc. One of my hubby cousin who is in primary 3 now, her daily schedule is full of lessons such as piano lesson, ballet, swimming, drawing, “xin suan”, ceramic painting etc. And her mum is so busy to send her ard!

Emm… I’m not well prepared to be a mummy now. And I need to stay at home to look aft baby initial stage. Besides, my hubby is not prepared fr that as well.

Ya, one kid very lonely, must hv at least 2. or the more the merrier….
happy.gif

Emm… I treat my hubby quite nice.. just he will do sth fr me like on the TV, take drinks fr me when we are at home, prepare fruits fr me etc. And I do help him on others (e.g more to his personal matter and his works). And we hv more argument b4 married than now. Ya.. mutual understanding is very important in a family, and I know that we can’t change each other but we must improve and be a better person. And so far as what I can tell is the only thing we quarrel abt is he like to delay his things and always be a last min person.

vio

hi,

anyone require ur make-up artist to arrive at your place early ie. 5.30am on actual day?

how much sur-charge fee we hv to pay? mine told me $80.

leo29

Besse,

Play mj also envy..., you Suan me hah!

Me also haven't do my corsages. Don't like that lei, i more or less cool down liao and now you make me kan chiong again. Anyway I can rest for a mth doing nothing becos..... lunar july mah.

pausini

Kare:
sorry, cant help u much on the double name issue. May be i remember wrongly. it was not dun that way.

I think the words tolerant and love really come hand in hand for a couple to live together peacefully and lovingly. Isnt it??? Of course, trust is also very impt.

Does yahoo have the chat forum too??? i cant used the yahoo messager cos coy block it. i know www.msn.com also have a forum to allow pple to create their own circle. I have one with my bunch of friends.

Vin, My cousin is only 4 or 5 yr old this yrs and he is in malaysia. So competative now! I also a very last min person. I used to be a person that planned everything before hand but i am a perfectionist and if the result is not what i am expected i will feel very disappointed. Friends said i expected to much from pple ard me and myself. so i tune myself until i have this bad habit now.. hahaha...

Shook: U attended the courses, we wanted to do that too but we can find a time where both of us is free. Most of the time, my hubby could make it so we didnt signed up the course. Cos he feel i need it more. hahaha...

I feel giddy today so call my boss that i am not going to work. Good to have an understand superior, married some more and because i am pregnant so how they understand but of course i cant overdo it. :p

oso32, i tried making the black bean chicken soup today. I hope it turn out nice. hee hee

besse

Leo Jie..

no lar, not suan you, is seriously envying u.. cos i 3 weeks no mj liaoz *sulk*

hehehe ... sounds like gambler..

anyway, how was nail couture? i might be going down nxt tuesday in the pm to soak off my acrylic nail extension.. are they nice??
happy.gif
juz found out that my colleague's fren opened the place.. hehe

Sweetie..

Hmm.. i did before for my gf.. simple ones.. not yet tot abt doing for my own.. see how.. maybe worse case go buy fresh flower buds, then tie tog with ribbons.. hmm.. that's last min resort

chicory

Hi Mrs Quake,

So nice to hear that you are very pleased with your photos. What's the difference between the normal package and premium package? Quite a huge top-up
happy.gif