(2003) Brides of year 2003

cookiemz

hello female
happy.gif

it's very quiet here ... everybody must be trying to finalise as much things as possible before the 7th month.. me too.. kekeke

how are your preparations getting on??
happy.gif
gotten your actual day photographer?

my invitation cards are still at the printer's! :mad:

are there any good places to buy ribbons here?

kare2711

All
Today I was at China Square Central for my facial, and I was walking around searching for a place to buy my dinner. I came across this restaurant at the basement called Village. It's very like Marche and it's theme is 'Restaurant in a Village'. Sounds good eh? And the best thing is because it's relatively new, and hardly people frequent China Square Central, the restaurant was almost empty save for one table when I was there! And the place is huge! Shall we go there? It looks so cozy and nice too. And now, they have a promotion. Everybody will have a piece of cake on the house :p It's only about 5 minutes' walk from Chinatown MRT station. Here's a map of China Square Central (with the red star) - http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg:8080/map.jsp?x=29503.383&y=29541.414&postal=048423&level=6&star=1&xyfile=&heading=18+CROSS+STREET%2C+CHINA+SQUARE+CENTRAL+%28048423%29

I think we have to decide fast.

Shook
No problem ah. Don't worry
happy.gif
And I enjoyed viewing your pics!!! You took so many photos of your ROM. So lucky!

piper

hi there,

I'll be selecting my photos this week. dunno how's the results.

hopefully the BS will be kind enough to give me some of rejects.

sandgirl72

hi ladies..
ya lor.. our thread has been quiet for some time..
chicory thanks for 'reviving' this thread..
happy.gif

my 1st fitting is end Aug, while PS in early Sept over a spread of 2 days.. got to think of outdoor venues liao...

hi chicory
yr 1st fitting is pretty early leh.. i think it is better lor.. at least there is sufficient time for alterations and PS.. so PS when?
happy.gif

hi sunnyday
maybe U can check with yr BS if they can bring forward yr 1st fitting..
happy.gif

hi piper
don't worry yr pics will be very very nice and beautiful one la..
happy.gif

sue

Hi all, how's everyone? I'm going to Segamat this Fri to visit my in-laws so won't be joining in. Will be meeting the BV's bride this wednesday.

Hi Pausini, how many weeks are u preggie? U can't take raw food.

Hi Shook & Kare, will u be putting yr photos online? I want to see. Mine is half done, will send the link once all up.

Hey Vin, how's life? I was in BK last weekend too. Very hot. Shopping and eating is still as good.

pausini

Hi sue,

thanks.. yah i will remember. No raw food. I am 15 weeks plus now, by the time of meeting will be 16 weeks.

Kare: u make the place sound very great. cant wait to go there... So wat u have today?

meow

Date: 1st Aug
Time: 7pm-730pm
Attendance: Meow, Sweetie, Besse, Yve, Annmelody, Wedsoon, Leo, Akira, MT, Jenn
Venue: Westin/Swissotel Kopitiam (2nd floor), Pasta Fresca (boat quay), Coca buffet steamboat (international building, beside Lido), NYDC (suntec)
Not attending: Grace, Are

meow

Error in posting, should be:
Attendance: Meow, Sweetie, Besse, Yve, Annmelody, Wedsoon, Leo
Venue: Westin/Swissotel Kopitiam (2nd floor), Pasta Fresca (boat quay), Coca buffet steamboat (international building, beside Lido), NYDC (suntec)
Not attending: Grace, Are, Akira, MT, Jenn

besse

Leo..

So how? did you call Nail Couture? manage to get a slot? hmm.. better to do earlier, cos if not, nails won dry in time too.. and you will zzz late.. like me
sad.gif
now i super regret

Yve..

keke.. yeah lor, i oso intend to start dieting in Sept.. hmm.. but my amore package will expire in sept.. grrr.. see how. but these few days appetite super good.. ;)

thanks for the well wishes.. don worry la, sm day you will go bali one.. this is oso my 1st trippy there.. ;)

Meow..

I come back we see how many people confirm going, then we decide on the place and mk reservation k?! promiz i help
happy.gif
how you these days? busy with work?? reno start buay? we starting work this week before the 7th mth..

Hi all

If wanna ICQ me, you can reach me at ICQ# 156951168. nick's FishCake
happy.gif
hope 2 see someof ya online!!

besse

DK

of cos.. you are most welcome to come join us for the gathering!!!
happy.gif

updated list:

Attendance: Meow, Sweetie, Besse, Yve, Annmelody, Wedsoon, Leo, DK
Not attending: Grace, Are, Akira, MT, Jenn

sweetie

Leo29, Are, MT,
Thanks for your comments. My bridal shop proposed mag and normal in one album for about $1.4k extra. What do you think? Do you have the small album in your package? Necessary?

Can I suggest not to have coca buffet steamboat cos it very expensive, I am terribly tight...
sad.gif
. NYDC sounds good...

yve

Hi,
Can I suggest another place? There's a Jap restaurant at Bugis next to Fish and Co which is having 50% off their al-carte menu. E.g. Unagi on rice is $22 usually, now is $11. I has dinner there last Sun. Had the seafood soup which is yummy. Interested?

shook

Kare
My ROM photos many
lol.gif
lol.gif
I din post all of them. We had 3 cameras on my ROM, 1 digital, 1 auto, 1 manual focus. The manual focus is an expensive professional type of camera. It is the best among all. My dad din use it 4 ages. It wz spoilt. N up only managed to develop abt 8 pcs out of a roll. We loaded 2 rolls of film in dat camera
sad.gif
. So sad ... some shots were taken wif tis manual camera only. Luckily we had the other 2 cameras, so I can still laugh
lol.gif

Hm...the plc u suggested sounds interesting.
bounce.gif
. I second it
smile.gif

Sue
I will post my wedding photos on-line later. Only have my ROM photos when u click on the link @ the moment.
U join us next time okie

yve

sweetie, u mean the jap place is good idea??
happy.gif

I allocated a few hundreds for extra photos. Actually gng to spend another 500 now.

Already allocated 1000 for those traditional stuff like roast pig and etc. And also a few hundred for stationery.

leo29

Besse,

Yap, managed to make an appt with them at 4pm. Just nice after this can go straight to my bridal shop and collect my gowns.

Sweetie,

1.4K just for the album or there is photos included?

Yve,

Sound goood! I like jap food. But just wonder is the discount still on in Aug?

yve

leo, u know like photocopying the guestlist for the recep, buying color pens for the guestbooking. and etc misc stuff.

I hope the discount is till Aug lor..
happy.gif
Lets, see till then. Otherwise, there's the pasta place there too..

sweetie

Yve,
I meant the jap food is good...

Leo29,
1.4k is a top up of 38 photos from my basic 28 photos in the package. Still considering, this sat confirm.

sleepy

Hi ladies

I'm back and I'm married!!! Can't believe it, still trying to accept the fact. hehhehe.

With 2 photographers and a videographer, I felt like a star that day. hee. Hope the photos turn out well.

At the end of the day, I find honeymoon is the best. Whether u have a hotel wedding or a resturant wedding, a good honeymoon is more impt!!! heehehe...

may

I know the place that Kare has suggested. It is just 10 mins walk from my office. So i am ok. It has the same concept as Marche and it shld be quiet as not many pple know abt it. So i think it is good idea to go.

What time shld we meet. I can be there at abt 6.15 pm. I think we shld exchange handphone numbers.

Oh dear, i think i am also bad at recognising pple. So how...better describe what we r going to wear on Fri.

I wont be bringing my actual day photos..too heavy..will bring my honeymoon pictures instead...ok..

leo29

Yve,

OIC! Don't scared me lei, spare a few hundred for those stationary. Maybe include cards printing lah hor. As for the Jap shop, you got their contact no? If you don't mind can help to call and check with them? Thank you....

Sweetie,

That mean total you have 66 photos? Pai seh, I don't really get you. What size is your photos?

pausini

So we are settle at that place???

I think I can only reached abt 6:30 or later but before 7pm.

Not very familar with that area so hope i dun spent too much time looking for it.

I think i will be bringing my small wedding album since i have already posting my actual day pix in web.

I still dun know what i will be wearing may be i post again on thursday or friday.

naturally

Morning gals!
happy.gif

Sunnyday,
Agree with the gals, best is to bring forward the first fitting, just in case mah!

Piper,
Have fun selecting the pics!
biggrin.gif

My turn to update: my PS will be on this coming sunday... and the damned pimples had to pop out now! Hope it'll flatten out soon... so sian!
sad.gif

cherubies

hi all,
wedding this sat.
me will not be in for this forum till end aug cos i will be away for a month for my hm.

sleepy,
glad the day went well!
i saw your pixs, u are very pretty and young!
happy.gif

agree with you that's why my hm is one month long. hee hee. will share pixs when i come back.

hi maya,
catch up soon!

wink

are, i oso think the long-feng bedsheets are kind of obiang...but q cute leh for the wedding day itself plus my mum was pleased that i wanted them cos she q traditional..

babyvon, thanks for the tip!!! LG has many models and oso good price, i think will only buy after the "7th" month, genna warning from my mum last nite again--not to buy anything during this month..sigh...

meow, dun be upset over by the table thingy...mi understands cos my mum oso like this...sigh..plus she keeps changing her mind every now and then..maybe closer to the date they will give us the final no.!! cheer up!!

gals, is it a good time to start going for regular manicure and pedicure? any recommendations beside indulge?

leo29

Wink,

Me will go Mani/Pedi for my PS and AD only. I don't think necessary to go regular. For me only facial is a must to go regularly.

Besse recommend another shop at mandrain htl. Today me going there. Will let you know my comment when I'm back.

sandgirl72

good the morning everybody..
bounce.gif

naturally,
whenever i have pimples popping out, my beauty advisor will always ask me to put a generous dot of mask onto the pimples b4 going to sleep, and next day, my pimples spot is not that red. and it will help to dry up the pimples...

perhaps U can give it a try..
wink.gif

wow.. so where do U plan to go for outdoor?? how many locations are U given?

leo29

Sweetie,

38 in 12 pages? That mean they do montage for you? I think quite ex lei! I guess that album is ex. Did they told you how much that album cost? All in one album, my opinion.. too thick. You have problems carrying around. What your hubby said?

kare2711

All
I'll try to post again. Just now I was forbidded by the forum to post.

I didn't try the food yesterday because it was so quiet and I was alone.

I have an appt in Orchard at 5.30pm so I can be there at about 6.30 - 7pm. So shall we make it at 7pm? Will that be too late for you, May? Are the other brides ok?

We sure can exchange numbers. Shall we do that via email instead?

I still don't know what I'll wear that day but I'll post when I do, probably on Friday itself (or Thursday night).

sweetie

leo29,
I dun intend to bring around. My hubby actually doesnt want to spend so much on photos. He leaves the decision to me. The album will be 20 flipping pages. Is it so heavy?

vin

Hi Sue,

You going back to Segamat on Fri?? How you go back??? When will you be back to Singapore? I'm going back on saturday and will be back on Monday.

You was in Bangkok as well? I miss the food there...

are

sweetie... is the small album cheaper? frm my exprience frm my sis's wedding, another small album is actually gd cos u can leave @ ur mum's place for ur relatives to see when they are waiting for you to return frm ur hubby's place. then you can leave the big album at your hubby's place and dun hv to carry ard lor.

vin

HI gals,

So you the venue settle?? At village at China Square Central? Like May, is very near my office as well.

Kare has appointment, so shall we meet at 6.30 or 7p.m?

My wedding album is too heavy. I can only bring the super small one which consist only a few photos and not all from my photoshoot album. And I can bring along my wedding day albums as well but these two album is not full set. My full set is in software form and not yet printed out.

shook

I m oso not sure of the location, need to figure it out.

7pm is fine wif me

I won't bring my ps n actudal day album. 2 heavy to carry them ard searching 4 a location I m not sure of. Anyway, I will post them on-line. Honeymoon photos not ready yet, oso cannot bring. Mini album wif my mum. So, I got no photos 2 share wif all of u
lame.gif

leo29

Sweetie,

20 pages only??? Confused!!!! 28 15R already take up 28 pages plus the addition 12 pages, total is 40 pages. Photo is always on single side mah. You see how lor, if you got excess $ then go for it since i can tell you really like it. For me, i already tell myself, the most max xtra $1K becos I wan to spend my $ on other thing.

piper

hi naturally,

take good care & drinks lotsa water...dun itchy fingers & squeeze the pimples hor.

Must post ur photos here to show us ok?

sweetie

leo29,
Its 20 flipping sides with 40 pages (front and back). I agree that $$ can be of better use than spending so much on photos alone. Hmm.. maybe I will reduce my photos so that I can keep to my budget.

annmelody

oops...I did not leave my contact number?

I will send a email later with my contact number to who? btw can i have a copy of the contact list again as i had misplaced it...thanks

I only went for my outdoor at 5.30pm yesteraday so int he end went sentosa only but to 3 different venues. It's kinda fun but super tiring!!!

Have a feeling that the photos would not turn out nice leh...hope me not being paranoid :p

chicory

Hi gals,

So nice to see so many responses
happy.gif

Hi sunnyday,

I agree with them too, maybe you can try to ask your BS to bring forward the first fitting so that you will have sufficient time for changes. Are you taking OTR gowns? Maybe for OTR gowns, first fitting can be later.

Hi tingting,

The schedule that the BS gives me is one month apart for each item. But the first fitting is taking more than 1 month since confirmation. Initially, i thought i am late for first fitting, so i am considered on track. For PS venues, i heard Botanical Garden is nice, may consider that and a beach. You are having CS for your EG? I am sure Dang will manage cuz' she is so experienced.
happy.gif

Hi Piper,

I am sure your photos will turn out very nice based on those few photos you have posted.
happy.gif
If you have good relationship with your BS, you maybe able to ask for those rejects. No harm trying.

Hi Sandgirl72,

My PS also in Sept. The designers at my BS seem very busy so i guess they have a systematic schedule for all their brides-to-be. How come your PS over 2 days, it is a norm for your BS or you requested? Any extra charges?

Hi Naturally,

Wow... your PS quite early. I am sure your MU artist will be able to help you hide those "damn" pimples. Hopefully they will flatten out before sunday
happy.gif
. Might be "stress" due to excitement over coming PS.