victoria

hi all dec brides,

i can't seems to find any shoes dat i like and match both my WG and EG
sad.gif
wat shld i do?

B

bride-to-be

hi wen

i think it's better to do a trail makeup cos it's very subjective whether u like the makeup or not.furthermore u can discuss with the artist abt hairstyles..

M

mt

Hi wen,
I have short nails too but can still do manicure, though of course natural extensions look better (but costs!)

I guess you and I are the only brides here who haven't seen their WG. But you are in safer hands ;) so no case for worries!

Tux are best (IMO), so I'm renting one for HB (no point making he doesn't need). He's renting another suit that's abit younger looking than tux. If your FIL that pantang... I don't know, I thought black suit quite standard. Did you know, used to be, black is ok, white is not for wedding? I don't know I guess need to be comfortable/ acceptable to your case.

Planning to do my detailed schedule, helper list of duties, guest list (rough outline and chase PIL's and mum's lists), invits choice & printing... among other things. Abit overwhelmed.

wen

Hi Bride-to-be
Initially, wanted to. Checked with makeup artist on a few dates but he is not available. Then he is out of town for one month. After a while, sian sian liao.
Since he is highly recommended by friends and has good reputation, so decided not to have trial.
But I must say his hairstyling is not as impressive as makeup. Only simple setting.

freesia

Hi sandgirl72,
I went leapin' lizard, try around those heels, and mix n match the parts that I like... although I wear size 6, but the guy said that my feet very bony, hence, need to alter the front covered part to size 5, that charges me another $10 on top of $79.
Actually I tot tat's abit expensive...b'coz it's just a plain n simple pair w/o any accessories....just hope that in the end, I can wear it comfortably .... 'coz finding a suitable pair of shoes is quite a pain to me.... ;p

freesia

Hi Victoria
Have you combed all the shops that brides have mentioned in SB forum already? Otherwise, you may like to consider custom made the shoes according to your likings.

hi matka, my friend booked a playroom Tumble Tots (like a huge indoor supervised playground)and catered McDonalds. Well, it was money well spent coz the total bill was less than 2 tables at the hotel. Not to mention the same money was used to feed almost 40pax!!! If all 40 went to the hotel that would have been 4 tables!

Hmm, esplanade doesn't seem like such a good idea coz that place doesn't really cater to the children. Which hotel are you having your dinner?
Have you considered the suntec / marina region?

Oh yah har !!! I forgot all about the outing!!

wen

Hi MT
Your gowns should be ready in this month, right? Very soon, u will see your gown.
For me, until now only have seen his initial sketch which is very brief. As for WG, have absolutely no idea on the bead works. Quite worried that I might not like his design.

That's exactly what i think. Black suit is standard wat.
But cant blame FIL for being pan-tang. He is already more than 70 years old. So not comfortable w black. In order not to make FIL unhappy, intend to make a dark grey suit.

shook

Hihi May
Juz seen your photos. U r slim wif v proportionate fig. Soooo.... envy.
Your shoes r v well done. Hey, u can make shoes when u retire.
The hse in your picture is your love nest or your mum's hse? It is well decorated.
U din post photos in your evening gown?

Hihi Pausini
Oso finished viewing your photos.
U r a photocopy of your mum. U not v fat lah. Your round face makes u look full. I oso have chubby face
sad.gif

Jas77 wz your ah yi rite. Your hubby brought many warriors to fetch u. Hmmm.... u v tai sai huh. Your photos r well taken especially wed actual album 3. Your hubby still in touch wif his teachers, dat is v rare. He muz b teachers' blue eye boy.
proud.gif

Your evening gown is v beautiful n v matching wif your hubby's suit. Your evening hair do matched your evening gown well.
Your hubby sirname Law?

Hihi Vin
U travelling again next mth? Another honeymoon? Where to? U meeting us?

piper

hello pple...

u were right...I did enjoy my PS yesterday. Luckily, sentosa wasn't very crowded & the weather was fantastic...we went Sentosa at abt 10 am...left abt 45 mins later...really fast hor...

then it was back to the studio for more PS...the entire ps ended at abt 2.30 pm....my make up artist remarked tat we are very fast...normally, the ps should end at abt 3.00/3.30 pm...

when i've uploaded my photos, i'll post the link here...

S

serene sng

hi gals,

GOOD MORNING!!!!

MT/wen,
I also havent see my gown yet...
happy.gif

worried until very sian liao.... dun have the kick or strength to worry so much...

gals,
Im looking for actual day makeup artist for my mum and not so expensive...budget constraint...

Hi Okeanosmao,
i knw that we are both the same venue for our weddings!!! jus like to ask if you have got any wedding favours prepare by yourself or using theirs?? Also your MCs, you be using theirs or you got your own?? Pls advise....

Meow,
Dun be sad... agreed with leo29 & Okeanosmao...
My sister might be going to bangkok.. so can you repeat where you got your wedding things?? e.g corsages, tea set...etc
embarrassed.gif

Pai seh hor

pausini

Shook:

Yah lor May slim slim leh.
Yah they all said me look like my mum. Jas77 is one of my Ah yee.. At 1st hubby dun want me to get some many Ah yee cos have to give many ang pow. End up he got more than me....

Haha that is my teachers lah... Not his.. starting from sec 2 we have being visiting my teacher till now. So quite close, happen that all my sibling are from the same sec sch. So the teacher know four of us very well...

okeanosmao

wen,
maybe u can make dark grey which is the closes to black..shld be not much of a diff, since yr FIL pan tang type..
will dark grey match yr gown?

serene,
i took the favours frm the restaurant..did not buy any others liao..cos hor, those ppl i invite hor not so fancy abt favours..so might as well take theirs..
btw, does dragon gate give chocos as wedding favours??
i did not use their mc, i use mc from this forum..the free mc which meow intro to me.
oh and i'll b using my own songs thruout the dinner.

as for the makeup artist, i saw gals recommending makeup artists leh..all charged between $60-80 exculding transport charges. if more than 6 ppl, she will come to yr hse without transport being charged. but one thing is tat, u can negotiate with her the charges if u hv more ppl.
u can call catherine - 97468487.
or u can try jeannie - 97371918 (i din call her yet) and vivian - 67347939
i believe they hv their own shops..i know catherine's shop is at either delphi or adelphi..not so sure..

cutiechar

Hi All,

Its been a long time since I am here..hehe..

I got my shoes from Leapin lizard oso..mine is a off-white covered shoes with crystals..cost me $129..hmm..abit ex but my hubby feel that with crystal more glittering..(of coz lah! I pay mah, not he pay..keke).

Freesia, why u pay extra $100? I tot the sales person is a lady..

I went to Takashimaya for the open-toes shoes..some not bad..can try Metro also, they have some glittering one..

btw, anyone intending to buy two covered shoes without a open-toes one? I cant seem to find nice open-toes champagne gold one(glittering ones)..how ar? where can get?

cheers!

freesia

Hi Cutiechar
that sales person is a guy...I oso din't know y I have to pay extra $10....now to think of it, since it's custom made, I shouldn't be paying anything more rite? Unless it's the case that the default is size 6 for the front covered area and the length of sole?

Hi Piper
Good to know that u've enjoyed for PS!
happy.gif
It's really surprising to that yours went through so fast! Really amazing! I'm quite curious how come you go through outdoor first instead of indoor first? IS this the normal sequence for PS?

kare2711

Pausini
Wow.. I'm still enjoying your pics. Just only going to see the third album. So fun! And yes I agree with Shook, you look like your mum.

cutiechar

Hi freesia

Yar lor! I oso think its quite weird..but nvm since its only $10..as long as the shoe fits u nicely and comfortable, I think the $10 is worth isn't it? ;)how tall is ur shoe? mine is 3 inch and my leg is so painful...dunno can survive whole day or not..keke..

hey, so many brides have gone for their PS and fitting. my fitting is this month, waiting for bridal to call..so excited man..
since like most of you enjoy ur PS, hope mine is so pleasant oso..

Genie, I got the same date as you!

cheers!

piper

Hi freesia,

I went for the outdoor first bcoz the photographer got another PS at abt 2 pm...anyway, it was also good that we went out earlier..the morning sun was good & not too scorching. Luckily, we did not perspire too much during outdoor.

think the most impt thing during ps is to relax & enjoy the moment. We were a bit stiff during the outdoor shoot...but after a while, we literally warm up....it was fun & there were a lot of impromptu stuff...the photographer even took a photo of us in my husband's car...felt like those east coast couple, "tou qing" in the car...hehehe

really enjoyed every minute of it...now i can't wait for the photos to be developed...really hope that they will turn out ok....

wen

Hi Okeanosmao
Yeah... Likely to go for dark grey suit.
Will go and collect material sample from bridal. Have to make sure that the colour also match EG & tea dress... sian...

A

amerline

hi serene,

if got meet i would prefer 2molo.....thur my MIL coming over to my place to discuss wedding matters. stress...

pausini

Hi kare: thanks! of course i am my mum's daughter mah!!!!

How abt urs?? we are all waiting to view urs leh...

Oh yes, do we need to bring anything on our meeting day?? like our album etc??

jus

Hi Amerline,

Saw your posting in the Oct Thread…
Alamak…
Tot if thu’s meeting called off, we (you, me n bride-to-be) can meet up on thu…
Nevermind…
Would have lots of other opportunity!

Dun stress…
I m sure things would progress smoothly since you mentioned previously that your MIL very ‘chin chai’ ; )

S

serene sng

Okeanosmao,
THe favours are chocolates.. Initially, i dun want to buy.. but very tempting to see the favours so beautiful...
his name is daniel rite??? i look for him.. but his slot is taken already for my date...so looking for alternatives...
they got give songs meh...?? all the while, i thought we have to prepare ourselves..have you collected your invitation cards???
Thanx for your info for the makeup artists..

meow

Okean,
Yeah, Dragon gate got chocs...my sis took the chocs too. Have you meet up with him yet?

Serene,
Yeah, the emcee is Daniel alright.

meow

Leo,
Do you mean nail art? Paint on or stick on sticker? They themselves have stickers too. But i think they can do it for you free if you brings your own ones. Better call them up to confirm loh.

leo29

Meow,

Ya.... nail art! I din know got paint and sticker type. Ai yoh, then must visit them and see which one nicer. I guess painted one will be more xpensive. For PS, i think no need to waste so much $ lah hor.

Anyone did nail art before? Any comment on paint type and sticker type.

okeanosmao

wen,
dun be so sianz..maybe the grey suit turns out well..

serene,
initially i oso tempted to buy other favours for my guests..but then i think again, will hv xtra costs for tat and furthermore our guests not so keen into these..chocos better..mayb closer frens can give something xtra but after the dinner lor (those who help u thruout the dinner.)
yup, meow intro daniel to me so i oredi asked him v early..further more,yr date v popular leh..so its kind of difficult.or u can ask yr fren to b mc..
i think if u dun hv they will provide songs but most probably will be chinese songs..i'll be using english songs..more suitable..
invitation cards so fast collect? actually, i hvn even call them to discuss leh..invitation cards, space allocation all hvn discuss..
when u go for trial eat? which room u choose?

meow,
i hvn meet up with daniel yet. mayb ard sept then i meet up with him.
btw, heard u gals tok abt the manicure shop. isit indulge? at where? sorry, missed out alot of postings here so cannot catch it..

then i wanna ask u gals, my nails will break when i keep it long..then now one finger nail short the rest still okie but not so perfect..n my PS this 25th. do u think use paste okie?

leo29

Okean,

The shop is at Mohamad Sultan. You can check with meow or amore for exact location. Paste? You mean nail extention?

wondering

Dear Jady,

Hi! Are you having your wedding in Hilton Hotel? Just wondering how is the service there.... I got a girl friend who wants to sign up for a wedding in Hilton... How's the food and service??? Thanks

kare2711

Pausini
Hmm ... I am also chasing my photographer. Been quite some time already. But once it's ready, I'll definitely let you all see!

D

dl

Hi ladies,

I'm also a Nov bride. Will be going for 2nd fitting next week. Already chosen outdoor WG & EG
for PS end of this month.

I'm really very indecisive in bring which EG for
(Night outdoor). Can you gals give me some advices.

1) Purple Bustier in A-line cut
or
2) Silver/white Shimmering in Symmetrical Cut

Thanks all.

M

mt

Hi Serene,
Oh you haven't seen your WG yet... when? I negotiated to bring forward 1st fitting (plain no details this Sun), have to get round to finding right corset to wear then.

My makeup artist is very good... budget. Skill-wise, rather green but she can do it lor. Better to let her know exactly what look, what colours. Trial is free but you pay transport cost- no harm looking for her. Lina... darn her thread in SB keeps disappearing, gimme a holler if you need her contacts. I'm getting her for my mum, MIL, myself... the PROBLEM is how you are going to stagger the timing, cos only 1 pair of hands leh. Someone sure complain make-up so early will not be fresh etc.

Her hairstyling skills I saw a pic it looked fine to me.

D

dl

Hi ladies,

I'm also a Nov bride. Will be going for 2nd fitting next week. Already chosen outdoor WG & EG
for PS end of this month.

Can you gals give me some advices on whether will it be weird to put on a Silvery/white shimmering EG for night shooting. Have seen a lot of bride put on loud or dark colour gown for night shooting. In fact, I have to chose between this or a purple one. Personlly, I like the shimmering one more as its design is sexier.

Thanks all.

M

mt

Hi DL, I vote the shimmer silver since you already like the sexier cut and also, at night the lighting's poorer (that's why loud colour is rec,... I think dark colour's a bad idea as the flash will bounce off the face/ torso area and leave your legs in darkness... OVER-"spotlight" effect).

meow

Leo,
Nail art cost $6.50 for 10nails. If one nail, it'll be $3.50. But i'm not too sure that's paint one or stick one. This is the price i copy in Jan when i ROM, they gave me free lor to help me cover my injured nail then. As i say, they dun mind you bring your own sticker for them to stick on. Think they stick it for you FOC. I know HMV level 3 got some very nice diamond like studs. Very nice but slightly ex lor. But there's plenty inside the packet lor.

Okean,
My ROM also got one nail shorter than other norm nails. But i leave it like that so that i dun have to pay for it. It can't be easily seen too. So it depends on you if you want to extend or not. One nail extension cost $11. The address is 33 Mohamed Sultan Rd, #02-12 Tel:6732 6698/6732 3661 I got Jane to do my nails. Grace got Clara to do hers.

DL,
I think you should go for the one you like most.
happy.gif

D

dl

Hi MT,

Thanks for your details advice. What colour is your EG for outdoor * curious *. Have you selected the locations. I have not done so,still have no idea but definite will like to have a seaside pic.

Thanks !

M

mt

Hi DL, my EG is blue.

I like urban-city-buildings-MRT-bus type locations rather than beach-field-nature
happy.gif

D

dk

Hi ladies,
I've been MIA for a long while...Wah! Seem that U ppl are really into the preparation thing.
Me very "Zhou Gao", i think i'm the only one still idle. For me preparation seem to be a standstill since my last bridal vist 2mths ago.

DL, MT & Wen,
Me also haven seen my WG & EG yet. I only got to see the rough sketches of them. My 1st fitting @ the end of tis month. I was told that i'll not get to see the final piece yet on the 1st fitting.....Wait too long a little "Bar" Liao....Sian!

The Man's Tailor not decided...quite like Kingsmen or maybe get Ted Wu to make my HB's suit as well. HB will have Final say though. Anyone have good recommmendeds? Is there any tailor i should be avoiding?

Oh ladies,
Anyone can advise on how frequent for facial visit for a relatively ok complexion? Should it be 2weeks once or 3weeks once?
Pey Sey! I'm trying to save some money by limiting the visit to the min.

Got to go now! till then Cheers!

sleepy

gud morning ladies

Been taking long time to reply. I have sent u the link. I've collected my gowns yesterday...now awaiting for big day! very gan cheong hee!

Hi cherubies, so nice of u to go Europe. I'm going for a short trip.8 days only. In fact, I hope to go away for at least 2 weeks but becos of $$ and time...no choice. Me going to Carins and Gold Coast.

Hi maya

Dun worry abt that. Happens to me too. Feel myself very short tempered these days. worry abt lots of things...just remember to drink lotsa of water....and keep your complexion clear...
happy.gif

M

mt

Hi DK,
You are with TW? Safe hands I should think. I think it's standard to see no details on 1st fitting
happy.gif

The Man's Tailor- sorry no recs from me since I only did OTR (I admit not as nice as I want but HB very bohchap).

Relatively ok complexion? Mthly is more than enough... mine jialat complexion yet never more than mthly
happy.gif