(2003) Brides of year 2003

shook

Oh Kare, dat bad ah. Thot std in Equinox is high. On my ROM day, my hubby's colleague wanted 2 buy us dinner @ Equinox but later went to Lemon Grass.

Maya
U there? Memory searched me, your big day is next wk rite.

hi matka,

dun worry abt where you want to go for your outdoor shoot. Leave it to your photographer The places he brings you to would be those that he has recced, tried and test succcessfully.

Unless there is a special place that bears sentimental value for both of you. If that's the case, better to let your photographer know in advance so that he can go down to recce the place first. My photographer told me that some places don't look good in photos ...

Yeah, my dog is the apple of our eyes so we decided that he HAD to be part of our celebration too! Anyway its cheaper to bring him along for the wedding photoshoot then to pay for him to be photographed separately!

serene

Hi gals,
Thanks for the concern, I am better now
happy.gif

Anyone interested in the outing next week besides Ammerline??
happy.gif

Hmm..I have been idling on planning for my wedding last few weeks...
Guess there are still a long list to settle:
1) Guo Da Li
2) Guest List
3) Printing of cards
4) Final Fitting for gowns
5) Seleciton of accessories for gown
...can't think of any more at this moment..

My PS gown will be my actual gown too cos boutique does not allow different gowns
sad.gif
Quite restrictive...

Come to think of it..we are left with less than 3 mths for our wedding..esp those in early Oct
happy.gif

Heee...looking forward to the event..then can settle down finally...hehee

leo29

Besse,

Me sama sama, after work also very sian. But exercise really help to ease our tireness. I feel fresh and energetic after the workout. Nowadays during worktimes also very Jing Shen. Just that body ache. Me also trying to relax this 2 weeks but not on the workout. Will be having my PS next next wed, on 23rd.

How is your nail? Better now? Me going indulge on 22nd, e day b4 my PS. Is Indulge a shop? Just now when i call them, i heard baby crying. Seem to be a house to me.

leo29

Yve....., you so Wu Xim. Still remember my birthday. A big kiss for you, Muiak...... Originally intend to go for a short trip or stay over at Sentosa htl but give it up becos want to save $$$$. Then I told my hubby no need to buy present for me. Where to find hah, this type of wife. Thick skin huh.... hahaha.....

yve

leo, yeah lor.. just looked at the records the other day. mine is one day after u mah.. hiaks..

i asked for a pair of running shoes from hubby, so practical hor.

A

amerline

hi serene

i think everyone in this thread quite busy eh? looks like i am the only idler ard...hehehehhe

stressed

No Amerline, I'm also an idler. Haven't done anything except for what the bridal has told me to do and my invite list. That's all!

rhs

hi 1027,
you bring your dog? how cute!! so that time nobody in his studio ah? have to wait outside? oh no ... but good thing it did not affect your mood. I would have been very grumpy, kekeke .... thank's for the tips, we'll call him a day before. Btw, mine is on 29. Today is my 2nd fitting only. I still have to do 3rd fitting because on the 1st one the gown is too tight, then today it's very loose. Aiyoh, scared that my body will change again near the PS

matka,
I agree with 1027, best to leave it to the photographer. He shld know the best. Maybe you can give him your preference like nature, buildings, old shophouses, etc

are

hi all... hv juz uploaded some shrunk pics on yahoo. hope they dun take up too much space.

will remove next wk to make space so pls take a look & hope they are alright? ;P

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Wow!! You gals so late still have sleep.. eht happen?? insomia???

leo29/Besse,
Thanks for your advice... Besse, wht is french cuffs???

grace

are..i saw yr pics..
nice nice... i like yr bouquet...
u all went to so many places ah..envy..
i only go sentosa.. =)

hi besse..go for the beaded kuah.looks so nice.

hi mt, my dog is a yorkie, not silky..
wah yr eye so sharp can see the lace details.
its actually light peach lace with beadings..

M

mt

Hi Grace,
"hi mt, my dog is a yorkie, not silky..
wah yr eye so sharp can see the lace details.
its actually light peach lace with beadings.."

Ahaha eyes sharp to see lace but can't tell a yorkie from a silky, so paiseh haha!
happy.gif

You know the front pic featured on www.singaporebrides.com
I think I'd take that idea to wear my kua, cocktail dress and WG... this way it brings attention to detailing at the hem, you might want to consider that for some AD pics
happy.gif
Gives a very close feeling too. Could see quite alot of lace on your gown but maybe resolution not high can't see beadings. But I think your photog will be able to capture that for your album so no worries.

M

mt

Hi Are, I like your hair, very sweet! And the red door backdrop. Hmm at Spottiswood? Who's the photog? The EG hairpiece is cool too.
My Fave is the silver-grey EG against sky. From a distance looks very low-cut but it's a light-coloured band on the bustier right? Sexy and glam!

besse

Hi gals.

Thanks for advise.. i will take the beaded kwa then
happy.gif

Leo, Yve

ysday nite the whole chipped off part came off.. so now my right hand 2nd finger got v v short name.. haiz.. maybe do acrylic on that nail lor.. see how..
sad.gif

haha.. ya, forgot, our bday v v close.. mine's on 25th
happy.gif
hehe.. we going to Bali Hard rock this yr.. err. a bit of the indulgence, but cos muz redeem the krisflyer points before expire.. so take the chance to take a break lor..

Anyway, happy bday to you babes in advance!!
happy.gif

Yve..

EEks.. i oso wanna go on heck care diet.. lolz, one more week for me.. looking 4ward to sinful chicken rice (with skin *yum yum*), nasi lemak, etc etc.. lolz

Are.. yeah manz.. you look so pwetty..
happy.gif
hehe.. so sweet..

MT, both my kwas from my bridal, the wedding present. for you, i think the red one looks more younger. the silver ones reflect too much light in the picts
happy.gif

Serene.. french cuffs shirt .. err. needs cuff links.. the diff is that the cuff is upturned, and has the slit to put in cuff links
happy.gif
go robinsons take a look.. ask the sales person if you need to
happy.gif

Anyone printing invites yet??

Have a good weekend you all!!!

meow

Shirlynn,
I hope you can see this posting here. I'm working night shift on monday and thursday. So if you want to meet me after your working hours, it'll have to be on other days except mon & thur hor. Also can bring my precious moments card back to me? I know it has expired, but i wanna keep it for keepsake. It was my first card with them. Thanks!!

Leo,
Nice seeing you tonight. Sorry i cock eye liao. Didn't see you....my eye sight getting poorer. I need to go find my optician soon.

M

mt

Hi Besse,
Thanks! I think I called Wedding Present before while scouting for kuas, the lady was very curt with me maybe cos I only wanted kuas, not the whole package
sad.gif

The cuff links I personally prefer the chinese knots type, I heard supposed to be free with certain shirts.

Ladies, I just bought my wine! To share,
Initially intended $600 budget ($15 x 40 bottles) but burst it today. We have free-flow beer, no corkage, 36 tables- ideally should provide 72 bottles wine but since we have beer and it's weekday, we only bought $930 (about $15+ average x 60 bottles, all Australian wines, the supermart will deliver to banquet venue day before banquet):
<U>Kick off cocktail</U> (cos palate sharper)
1. Rosemount Estate Cabernet Merlot ie. Red Wine
($20.30 x 10 bottles)
2. Jacob's Creek Chardonnay Pinot Noir Brut Cuvee ie. Sparkling White Wine aka Champagne except not from that region
($21.50 x 4 bottles)
<U>As dinner progresses</U> (food and wine dulls their palate)
3. Lindermann's Cawarra Merlot ie. Red Wine
($13.90 x 40 bottles)
4. Lindermann's Cawarra Chardonnay ie. White Wine
($13.90 x 6 bottles)
<U>Dessert</U> (Preferred a few bottles of muscat but at this point HB said I siao, this is CHINESE dinner not Western so forget about it... til... hehe)

#1 I was looking at Wolf Blass but the lady claimed Rosemount was better value having been $30-something... how true I don't know lah.
#2 I think we bought too little, but expensive leh. Abit of champagne more celebratory I felt, esp. during cocktail supposed to build up the mood.
#3 Shiraz was spicier but I felt Merlot easier to drink... we tasted both but was worried about QC... think Merlot "safer" albeit rather bland.
#4 Was actually looking at something $1 cheaper, a Chilean brand, but lady steered us here so...

Went to 2 other supermarts but they were pricer, and the names I didn't know.

akira

hi girls, just managed to see some of the new pics recently.

leo, so how do you like the back of your WG now? it looks good to me..

are, must agree tat you're photogenic.
happy.gif

anyone knows where to find a plain silver colour cravat/ascot? my hubby is trying to find one to match with his vest which is in shantung silk and silver in colour. we can't seem to find plain simple cravats anywhere. also, other than Boss, is there any place tat sells decent-looking bow ties? ie not too small types with matching cummerband. thanks

akira

MT, I think the lady didn't lie to you. Rosemount generally retails about $30 in the supermarkets. So you think Merlot is safer? I generally dun drink red so dun really know wat to serve for dinner. for white though, I'm inclined towards resieling cos it generally goes well with chinese food. But then I dun really have much of a choice cos my hotel has a wine list and if I want something else I've to pay corkage.

M

mt

Hi Akira,
phew that's nice to know :D I'm not a wine drinker though I went for a 3-day workshop eons ago. As far as I recall, I hated Riesling (must be the only person who does, I think it smells too much for gasoline... but HB and alot of people recommend it). Chardonnay seems another safe, conventional choice, I hope.
The particular $13.90 Merlot was rather bland, but yah, safer than the same-priced, same-brand Shiraz. Shiraz was sharper, afraid some people will find it difficult and at that price, was worried about consistency of the batch.

My hotel has a wine list but no corkage so of course I'm not getting from them, but I had thought the hotel's list should be safest, heh. Went asking at supermarts but from what I heard, seems that once hotels order that particular brand, batch, they discourage supermarts from selling the exact. Yikes, I can imagine how expensive corkage + wine is though. I'm already smarting from my bill.

yve

MT, which supermart did u go to? I am not buying yet, till nearer the date. No place to store all the bottles.

Besse, dun worry, can get an extension for the short nail. That's what I did not my right thumb too. Paid 10 bucks for it, but the lady did not charge extra to take it off later.

Besse and Leo, oh! so Besse BD is on 25 Jul, leo's is on 26 Jul and mine is 27 Jul! Wah, so close.. Happy BD to all!

My PS pics are ready!! Gng to choose tommorrow.. gng to keep fingers crossed..

grace, have u choosen your pics?

M

mt

Hi Yve,
No need to store the wines, the supermart will. Then day before your banquet they deliver to restaurant/ hotel coordinator, less fuss for you.

I bought mine at Carrefour, scouted Jason at Raffles City and Cold Storage at Centrepoint.

B

bride-to-be

hi MT

thanks for sharing ur infor.
i dunno much abt wine.now,i can just copy urs.
i have abt 25 to 27 tables so can u sugguest to me how many bottles i need.i believe most of my guests not many r good in wine too &amp; dun drink much.

are

bride-to-be/serene... hehe... no lah, i had co party so ended up hm late lor. wanted to rest a while b4 koon so might as well do smtg abt the pics. ;P now oso same... juz got hm... ;P

thanx gals for your compliments. actually, i'm really not photogenic, i look awful in any pic, esp passport photos. but i muz say we r quite pleased w our photographers, cos he managed to capture all these w/o us feeling awkward cos hubby oso not photogenic. but i muz say tho the make-up was a bit too 'white'.

MT... my photographers wer from my bridal.
yup, liked the sliver gown for its 'glamness', + the make-up+hair complimented well. but i'm not wearing all PS gowns, esp tis mermaid one cos can't walk in tis! ;P hehehe... i had to pull v hi 2 walk during PS &amp; a bit pai sey... ;P its a bustier but i had to pull quite low so it fits nicely @ the waist. there is some organza band at the bustline.

grace... i cld go more place cos i oni hv outdoor mah, rem? ;P but they were oso v nice to extend the session 4 us so we finish all the shots we want. actually i had prepared casual as well, but i told them forget it cos we wer all so tired! ;P

M

mt

Hi BTB,
I heard ratio is 2 bottles: 1 table, so yours would be 50 to 54 bottles, but all these are estimates.

- If you get consignment basis you can order more and return some leftover, but places which offer consignment have more expensive wines than what I chose.
- If you DON'T serve wine during cocktail, you save $ too.
- French wines tend to be more expensive than Australian, if watching budget, maybe skip French. Eg. Australian wines can still find $12/13, French cheapest (Brand: French Cellar) still above $15.

I heard Cold Storage Matthew Lang only $13 thereabouts on limited time promo (dunno whether over), a budget buy too.

are

yve... thanx. will keep it there 4 a while then. hv fun choosing your pics tmr! ;P

grace... yeah, i liked the bouquet too. i din choose it tho, the bridal said PS no choosing. glad it was so nice. but i oso bought 2 stalks of exotic flowers 2 bring but oni managed 2 use 1. tis florist @ city hall - ah huay ah huay, has many exotic flowers tat wer so nice! actually wanted cotton flower, but 4got to order n they din hv stock. 2 bad...

B

bride-to-be

hi MT

actually never tot of wine for cocktail but u reminded me!i think i'll be getting aust wine.must budget abit..pocket hole really big
yah...i oso feel consignment charge higher price.
hmm....maybe go carrefour wif ur list &amp; just follow wat u get!
thanks!

hi are

forgotten to tell u tat ur hubby is very familiar to me.i dunno if i noe him or maybe seen him many times b4

yve

MT, I am planning to get mine from Carrefour too. But the last time, the guy told me that they cannot keep the bottles for me so long. Thinking of getting 2 dozen of rosemount diamond range for my 30 tables. Got to rem that there is beer and hard liquor too.

M

mt

Hi Yve, mine is free-flow beer too, 5 or 6 bottles hard liquor, weekday but cos I'm serving right from cocktail, afraid might run out. Think I'd add 6 bottles Muscat nearer the date.

Thinking of buying a nice bottle of champagne (my hotel provides 2 bottles already but can serve those 2 to VIP table instead during toasting). Then I can make my own personalised bottle label with our pic for just that bottle of champagne. After pouring over champagne fountain, keep as memento (wrap in cloth before putting in ice bucket should protect the label somewhat).

kopibean

hi akira,

for plain silver colour cravat/ascot, you can find at the men's dept at ck tangs,isetan and takashimaya. I got my hb one at takashimaya and it is cheap too..below $50...cos hb din wan to spend so much on a cravat which you wear only once.....

hi are,
your photos are so nice!!like the sportiswood park photos and the silver grey photo too..
agree wif the rest tat u r photogenic!!!

akira

thanks, kopibean, you're a lifesaver. didn't think of looking at the men's dept of the department stores cos didn't think they would carry. we only hunted all the usual shops that sell ties and some of the more obvious men's brands. :p

MT, I guess 2 bottles of wine per table are about right. mine is on a weekday too but I've quite a few colleagues who can easily finish a bottle each at dinner, so I'm probably going to have more. but I guess old folks and relatives won't drink so much. judging from the wedding dinners I've been, if you serve wine, people won't usually drink so much hard liquor which doesn't go well with food anyway. I guess we also have to bear in mind tat our dinners are near year end and generally people are in a more 'party' mood...

are

hi bride-to-be... hmm... maybe you noe him frm school? he from ngee ann last time, &amp; he looks the same frm sch days.

thanx kopibean... i really liked the spottiswood park pics as well. glad i finally found the place i want. went reccee quite a few places 4 shophouses but fell in love once i got there.

yve

hi gers!
i am back from choosing my pics. choose extra 20 to upgrade to magazine style. Like the indoor pics more than outdoor cos it was raining that day mah.. Hope to take more outdoor on AD. Got the proofs of the choosen pics with me for scanning to make the slideshow. Will post them when ready hor..

M

mt

Hi BTB, you can get from Cold Storage ($50 incl. the bottle of champagne, BUT NO PIC ONLY NAMES), or you can DIY.
happy.gif

maya

Hi, anyone here??

3 more days to go.....and I'm very very very frust with the seating arrangements which are still not sorted out. I feel so squeezed among mom, IL, FH. My temper getting very very short!!! FH finally realised how diffc it is to spread the guests over the tables and is now coming back and forth to check with my side how to juggle the spill overs......mom and IL "fighting" over traditions, mine over theirs, own brother and SIL also got issues over table......have told FH and close friends a few times that I'm ready to call off the whole dinner....that's how frustrating it has been......!!!!!!!

D

dk

Wen,
If i'm not wrong the PS session (eg. mine which is 4hrs) actually excluded the Makeup,changingtime &amp; meals break.