(2003) Brides of year 2003

may

saw in the Streats papers on pg 19 that there is a jap restuarant at Bugis that is having 50% discount for ala cart orders. So there is another choice for us - should the location at China Square Central be unsuitable or inconvenient.

It is not sushi stuff only...so i think Shook it is ok? And Pausini no need to eat raw stuff.

They say reservation is possible but i have never try this restaurant before.

We now got 2 choices - which one do you gals prefer?

sue

Hi Vin, I'm going back on Fri nite. Some of hubby's friends wanna go together so we are taking a train in. Coming out on Sunday. Yah, really missed the food there especially the cheap & delicious seafood in Chinatown.

vin

HI Shook,

Outseide restaurant is fine with me..
happy.gif

pausini

Hi girls,

I have sent out an email to some of u. Those attending the meet up this coming friday to exchange contact number.

If i miss anyone out could anyone kindly add the name in the mailing list again.

Oso, May, vin, Shook, Kare, pausini, sue, jazz

Anyone i miss out. I knew Sue couldnt make it but i just add her in the list so she can collect the numbers.

meow

Besse,
I've already started my reno. The electricals has been laid, think today they make the plaster ceiling lor.

naturally

Hi all, thks for the concern!
happy.gif

The spots are kinda dried up, but still visible... 3 on the same cheek, like bermuda triangle like dat! I'm just hoping they'll flatten, so at least easier to conceal... hee, piper, i already squeezed one, couldn't tahan lah! Dunno if it's due to reno stress, or maybe my new house too dusty???
lame.gif

Hey, just thot of something, my photographer uses digital, can ask him to erase my spots lor! heh heh, now i feel better!

Sandgirl, now that u mentioned, we still haven't confirm outdoor location, guess i was too preoccupied with the sudden breakout and my painful mouth ulcer (how come they all had to happened at the same time?) I would prefer sentosa or botanical gardens, while hubby likes raffles marina. Prob can't have all, since these locations are quite far apart. See how lah!

Hi Chicory,
My mum also ask me how come so early take pics, as if can't wait to get married, haha!
lol.gif
I think we are just a KS couple!
happy.gif

okie, let's all share our pics when they are ready, shall we?
happy.gif

shook

I oso sent my cell phone no to all using Pausini's email
happy.gif

Haha May
rofl.gif
guess u love Japanese food v much huh. I still prefer Village restaurant. If majority vote for Japanese restaurant, then go ahead wif the Japanese restaurant lor but I think I will take my dinner b4 going to the Japanese restaurant. I go there n order green tea
proud.gif

shook

Pausini
Juz happened dat yrs back I had tempura set @ Bugis foodcourt. Boy, it wz so oily n ger luck. It makes me feel like throwing (think something like morning sickness kinda feeling). So whenever I c Japanese food, it reminds me of dat feeling. So I have phobia over Japanese food
Same goes to liquor. I wz drunk once on a flight fm London to Singapore. I always drink champagne or wine or hard liquor when I broad the plane to make me sleepy. Dat time, I drank on an empty stomach. I wz drank. I puked when I woke up n had a terrible hangover. Fm then onwards, I dun drink liquor. The taste n smell reminds me of dat incidence.

Vin
If we r going to Village restaurant, I meet u outside the restaurant.

female

hei cookiemz,

are u holding ur customary since (i thot) u rom-ed recently? i a bit blur liao
happy.gif

my invites also at printer's. think i'll have to send them out during 7th mth, or else it'd be too late to rsvp! are you able to send yours out before the month?

i got the photographer oredi *whew* saw 5 in a week & forced myself to decide on 1. thxs for asking & offering yours.

im nervously awaiting my 1st fitting. dont dare to chase seamtress again in case she make a mess! how are urs coming along? did u get a package?

for ribbons, i know craft-onc at delphi sure got sell, but bet its expensive. i intend to go chinatown or arab street to get, along w any other decorations. once i get the contact, will let u know. why dont u check with ur printer? they shld hv recommendation.

im going for a trial makeup tis friday. i kar-kar tell him i want the "lucy liu look". ahahaha! see wat happens.

where are u getting ur cake?

have a good day!
happy.gif

may

Shook, no lah...i tot it will be more convenient to meet in town since not everyone knows where Village is. But since you have such a bad experience than forget it.

Who can meet earlier? 7 pm a little late for me to hang ard in the office and die of no aircon.

will go check my hotmail, i never receive any email in my pacific acct.

On friday, plse come in and check what we r each wearing man...if not cant recognise...then so funny.

sandgirl72

hi chicory
so coincidental our PS in Sept.. which date is yrs? ours is 10 & 11 sept..
happy.gif

it was actually suggested by the BS cos i think they don't want to stress out the couple lor.. personally i find this way better lor..

hi naturally
aiyo.. mouth ulcer is beri painful leh.. i think U must be 'heaty' lor.. try to drink more water and if can take some 'liang cha' to cool down yr body.. try to sleep as early as possible.. don't eat too much fried n oily foodstuff...

U must take good good care
happy.gif
... do share with us yr PS experience next week.. and of cos it is a good idea to share our pics when done..
happy.gif

kare2711

All
I have already sent my number through the email too. So shall we settle for Village since Shook can't take Japanese?

I don't mind meeting some near the Chinatown MRT station if anyone has problems going there.

So shall we make it 7pm outside the rstaurant?

Sue
Yah I will be putting my photos online but I haven't got time to do it since I only got it back on Sunday. Will let everyone know once I put it up
happy.gif

M

mt

Hi Sweetie,... what was your original top-up budget?

15R size, 40 pages is no joke to handle.

If you downgrade the size you can save some money- too large pics really sometimes look worse than smaller pics. 15R seems pretty big to me when it's one pic only on one page... you originally wanted 28 pics this size that takes up whole 15R page... flipping and seeing 28 pics this full size can be abit overwhelming.

Can also consider trimming some pics (compromise)?

Magazine pics with 3 or 4 pics on one page costs more per addition of pic, may look cluttered and each pic too small. Not worth it IMO to have too many 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 although tempting cos you get more pics quickly.

<U>Why not,</U>
60 pics/ 40 pages, 12R size instead of original 66 pics/ 40 pages, 15R size?

<U>This breakdown:</U>
* 28 pics/ ("full pic-in-1 page") 28 pages same as original 28 pics/ 28 pages
- Save $$$ cos downgrade size.
- Each pic will still be reasonably big (IMO) rather than possibly too big.
* 32 pics/ (16 pics are "2 pics-in-1 page") 8 pages + (16 pics are "4 pics-in-1 page") 4 pages instead of original 38 pics/ 12 pages
- Save $$$ cos downgrade size.
- Save $$$ cos 8 pages have only 2 pics instead of original 3 or 4 pics average. These pics will be about/ bigger than your original 3 or 4 pics in one 15R page.
- The "4 pics-in 1 page" add variety/ progression, the smallest would be about 4R size.
- Just eliminate 6 pics choices.

<U>Page Sequence:</U>
(4-in-1),(2-in-1),1,1,1,1,(2-in-1),1,1,1(pg.10),
(4-in-1),(2-in-1),1,1,1,1,(2-in-1),1,1,1(pg.20),
(4-in-1),(2-in-1),1,1,1,1,(2-in-1),1,1,1(pg.30),
(4-in-1),(2-in-1),1,1,1,1,(2-in-1),1,1,1(pg.40).
- Creates some progression and enough variety (if EVERY page is full pic, it's very monotonous).

If you know how much your BS charging itemised, easier for you to work out a package yourself, and to suit your budget. The above should be cheaper than your original (unless they charge in a strange manner I've not come across), yet look very good. HTHS
happy.gif

B

brideofsept04

hi Female,

I am a Sept2004 Bride :p
I noticed that you mentioned you are not taking any studio photo. Why? I also hv this idea too as I want to save the money and trouble of "shopping" for the rite bridal shop for me.

i think 7th month pple will avoid to move house or hold any wedding... Perhaps you can do the GDL 2 weeks before your wedding, since the 1st day of lunar 8th month is on 28 August 2003. and dun forget to An Chuan about 1 week before your wedding day.

chicory

Hi sandgirl72,

Indeed
happy.gif
. Your BS is very good, suggested 2 days for PS. Mine is on 18 sept.

Have you gals settled your hubby's shirts and shoes yet? I am thinking of MTM shirts, want to ask BS for opinions on the colour to match my EG. Hope will be in time for the PS.

Hi Naturally,

Drink lotsa water is the best. ok, let's share our pics. I am waiting to see Mrs Quake's photos, should be very nice
happy.gif

shook

May
I shld b able to reach China Town b4 7pm. I thot of going 2 People's Park complex to get some toiletries. If u wanna meet earlier, then I dun go buy toiletries. I try to reach there by 6:15pm. Fine wif u?

Vin
U like 2 meet at 6:15pm?

snoppy

Hi to all ..

Sorrie, ...juz wondering had yr collected wedding cards?

Me call up my co-ordinater and she told me that i 2 kaisu, she will arrange for me collect around sept ... would it b 2 late? my wedding mid Oct and can;t do anything during seventh mth leh... so worried now..

Need yours advise...

rhs

Snoppy,
I haven't collected them. My co-ordinator also said that it's too early. Prob will do it in Aug. I think most printers need 2-3 weeks to print. And you have to factor in when do you plan to send the invitations. Overseas guests may need more than 1 month notice

piper

hi chicory,

of course gotta have good relationship with my BS lah...still got actual day to go.

I think i just be super thick skin &amp; ask them for the photos lor...let u know if i'm successful next week.

sue

Hi Kare, same here..I really dun know what I'm busy with since wedding was over. It took me so long to put up my photos and the brides from BV thread having been asking. I'm meeting them tomorrow so might as well just bring to show them.

meow

Date: 1st Aug
Time: 7pm-730pm
Attendance: Meow, Sweetie, Besse, Yve, Annmelody, Wedsoon, Leo, DK
Venue: Westin/Swissotel Kopitiam (2nd floor), Pasta Fresca (boat quay), Coca buffet steamboat (international building, beside Lido), NYDC (suntec)
Not attending: Grace, Are, Akira, MT, Jenn, Sunrise, babyvon

J

just me

Hi Yve,

I find it very fun, both my hubby and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Will be choosing the photos tomorrow. Quite satisfied with them. :)

Hi Ladies,

does the workout really help? I would like to sign up for a package with planet fitness but worry this money will go down the drain cos I'm not a very disciplined person...

cookiecorgi

Hi all... long time no post msg... also want to chk around with the oct brides wat you gals are doing...

i have collected my invitation cards from hyatt, and am currently looking for vendors to print my invites. Have shortlisted acepro (veronica)... will be meeting HarooBee (Weiphing)...

Also looking for a value for money to tailor suit for hubby.. still deciding bet a normal suit or a tuxedo. Anyone got good tailors to recommend? Think the popular ones like kingsmen, raffles tailor, oxford tailor are pretty ex..so i am still looking ard...

cookiecorgi

hi kiki... my date is 10 days before yours... mine on 15th oct. anyone with the same date??

Snoopy, we intend to send the invitation on the first week of sept, once 7th mth is over. then will rsvp in mid sept. first week of october we will do our final rsvp. hopefully dont lose too much money.

i think collecting the invitation card in sept is quite rush... wat do you think?

are

hi wink... sorrie, juz realised tat i missed out ur msg abt the longfeng bedsheets. mine same situation too. mum mentioned tat actaully shd get those bedsheets but nowadays hard to find. i spoke to hubby &amp; he oso quite on on the idea so we went ard hunting lor. thanx to you, we got it in no time! ;P

B

blur besse

Just me

Err.. work out does help la.. but i am also ill disciplined.. so Amore made my money for the 6 mths pkg i have signed up
sad.gif

Yve

the jap place sounds good.. but hor, will the discount still stand by then.. is it crowded too? i was thinking of Pasta Fresca at Boat Quay, cos we can book the section upstairs if we have enuff people.. and the place will be quite cosy and nice for lots of giggling and chit chatting..

Err.. u spending so much on stationery ar.. *faint

MT

Wah.. you very well versed in all aspects of planning leh.. seemed like you have done so much researching.. if i were you, my brains will be bursting now with all the information on the nitty gritty details you have highlighted.. how much time you spent on finding out all these ar?? think i super lazy or bo chup :D

Gals.. anyone taking reno loan ar?? can advise which bank is good?

Tomorrow is Leo's PS.. will pray for good weather..
happy.gif
*sundances*

D

dk

Besse, Yve &amp; Meow,
I'm fine with any place to meet up...as long no big meals..Hee! Talking about discipline &amp; losing some weight.

Have my fitting for my sarong kebaya already so die die must maintain my weight till Nov...very hard lei!

Cheers!

M

mt

Hi Are,
IMO= In My Opinion,
HTH= Hope That Helps

Hi Besse,
I tend to be abit technical. Habit :p

shirsweetiepie

hi all

great tat some1 actually liven up tis thread afer such a long time.
happy.gif

yup,have been biz lately,coz trying to finalise &amp; and get all wedding matters done b4 chinese 7th.
sad.gif

tiring but just tell myself tat i will be able to enjoy for the whole of next mth from all the wedding matters and be a happy bride.

just selected my PS pics today..all done out to be EXCELLENT. overjoyed n happy by the end results..... our photographer did a great job for us.
happy.gif

had a hard time choosing the pics .... all looked great.
happy.gif

Caling for Vivace

wru? biz as well?
happy.gif

shook

Sue

I oso have the same problem. Been busy busy busy b4 wedding till now. Din watch news n TV program 4 > 6 mths. I sat back n think, wat keeps me so busy. Well, I think the problem is b4 I m married, I only have my friends, work n family. Now I oso have my in-laws, my hubby's friend n hse work. Last time after work, went home shower, did a bit of hsework, dinner, watched tv program, then oink oink. Now after work, my mum's or in-law's hse 4 dinner or I cook dinner, hsework then can oink oink.

My friends asked me how's married life, I said v v busy n tired
proud.gif

yve

Besse,
Pasta is fine too..
happy.gif
Just go with the majority lor.

I think i allocated 100 for stationery lah.. quite ks, ahhaha..

may

Shook: oh good. I can accompany you to buy toiletries. May need to buy myself too...but not sure. People Park has the cheapest toiletries but can be very heavy to lug them all the way back to China Sq. Central. Ok, i meet u first.

Karen: ok confirm 7 pm at Village Restaurant. It is on the basement level. Take the escalator down and you can see infront on the right side.

For those coming by ChinaTown MRT, i think the nearest exit is the one that goes out to Chinatown Point, then u walk down.

Sue: it is a pity that u cant join us. Hope to c your photos soon.

wedsoon

Besse,
Pasta at Boat Quay is a good idea. I am on...

Leo29,
Hope that you have a good time today for your PS. It is a fine and sunny day this morning.

Just Me,
I also signed up a California Fitness last dec to motiviate myself to go to gym and aerobics classes. So far so good as I am the one who can't give up eating as it is my favourite hobby;p I am now thinking whether I should sign up for another 1 year but worry that I will not use it as "accident" might happen ;p

shook

May
Okie we go toiletries shopping together. Gotta control ourselves to buy those lighter wt toiletries. I always go wif my hubby when I buy many many bottles of shampoo, bathing foam n conditional.
proud.gif

Vin
U wanna go toiletries shopping wif us?

Anyone interested to go toiletries shopping wif us?

pausini

Wah,

I think u girls go ahead. Me shld not be joining for the toiletries shopping. Kind of lazy. I try to find my way and meet u girls at the restaurant. If cant find then i ask my hubby to bring me there and then he join his friend later.

If i reach there early with sms one of u.

cookiemz

hi female,

erh, did you get the wrong person? i dun recall offering my photographer to anyone leh .. hehehe.. ;) i rom-ed early this year, customary in sept, that's why i'm here! kekeke..

me pantang, dun wan to do anything during 7th month
uhoh.gif
. i'm calling and emailing my frens now to inform them of the banquet date and sending them the invitation cards 1st week of 8th month. my cards will be ready tomolo, but now seems too early to send leh. besides i have no suitable ribbons to tie them together!

the hotel ribbons are so stiff and scratchy, plus the colour doesn't go with my hot stamping..
happy.gif
bery fussy hor.. all becoz my dad say the Shuang Xi word cannot be in silver... gold bery awful, so take gold with a tinge of red -> copper colour. think i will go check out arab street... that place can bargain price right? wat accessories are you looking for? maybe can keep a lookout for you during my ribbon hunt

me lazy, took a full bridal package with ROM + WG/EG and photoshoot. i'm going for a final fitting in late august and waiting for my album layout to be done.

bring your camera along and take some pics during the trial makeup.. can be fun
happy.gif
woah.. lucy liu... sexy!! complete the look with black leather + whip! kekeke... kidding hor :p

i'm not getting any wedding cake (too ex), but only pandan kaya cakes for GDL... *yumyum*

hihi shirsweetiepie
happy.gif

must share your pretty pics with us okie.. ;)

ladies, any suggestions where i can find simple and elegant outfits for my mum and MIL for my wedding? or any good seamstress to recommend? thanks..
happy.gif

may

Shook: ya lor...if not we will need to carry all these heavy stuffs a long way.

So we shld i meet you?

Pausini, kare: ok, we shall all meet at 7 pm outside the restaurant at 7 pm.

Please provide your clothes description on fri so we all can try to recognise each other.

sandgirl72

Hi Chicory
ya lor.. my hubby is very happy about our PS over 2 days...

have not buy his shirt and shoes.. my BS is MTM (keep) 1 white shirt for him.. trying to bargain with them if they can change it to colored shirt.

where do U intend to MTM yr hubby shirt?? can recommend?

chicory

morning ladies,

hi piper, i also think should maintain good and harmonious relationship with BS
happy.gif
so that working together will be pleasant.

Yah, if i were you, i would also be thick-skinned and ask for it.

hi sunnyday, yah, i guess there might be more choices of gowns for you nearer to the PS. So your PS gowns will be your actual day gowns too or different?
happy.gif

shirsweetiepie

Hi cookiemz

Tks tks! will share the pics when done.
happy.gif

U can try Daniel Yam,think they hv 2 outlets. 1 @ Suntec,e other @ Wisma. just gotta my mum's gown there last week,lots of colours &amp; designs to choose to suit ur mum &amp; MIL.

U may oso check them out @ http://www.danielyam.com

Hapi sourcing!
happy.gif

serene

Hihi all,
I have also collected my wedding cards last 2 weeks. I am using the printer recommended by my hotel. Found them quite friendly to talk to. Just received the fax on my details to be printed on the card...should be finalising in these 2/3 days..then wil send for printing.

Snoopy, think it is a bit late to collect in Sep..press yr hotel for it..maybe can collect in Aug..you need time to source for printer mah..

How everyone doing?
happy.gif