(2003) Brides of year 2003

thanks for the info, jus!

how's everyone today, gloomy monday?
i just dropped the bomb to my boss that i'm getting married this year.
think she was shocked, and asked me "har? you got ROM already meh?"

oops, that was more than a year ago already!

kare2711

Pausini
Me, me!!! And also good excuse to meet up. Hmm..when are Shook and Jazz supposed to be back? I thought the same day as me? They extended their honeymoon is it?

serene

Hello,
1027: Monday blues...
sad.gif

My Wed presentation was postponed..got to source for another date for it..so sian

Jus: Yalor...you are too slim..must eat more and put on some weight
happy.gif
Me have to trim down...too stressed and ate too much chocos recently...so put on weight.

What are you gals busy with now? I am trying to confirm my guest lists so that I know the no. of tables for my banquet..
House all done..left the Washing Machine

Who else interested in the meeting?
I might need to postpone it to mid July (depends on when is my presentation?) SO sorry abt that.

pausini

Kare:

Ok! sending u. the mail shld be in the way now. I sent to ur singnet acct.

Yah still waiting for them too come back also...

I cut short my hair, sometime i think i look very aunty!!!

jus

Hi 1027...

Yeap... monday blues...
wat to do? got to work-mah... sigh

hi serene,

i m now trying to source for my curtains (see-lar... so long oledi... still not done...)
need to get shoes, confirm itinery etc etc...

guest list -- sigh...s till have yet to get down to it...

sandgirl72

Hi naturally
i saw from Ikea's website their framed pictures are very nice too..

well hv chosen the design for my WG n EG, 1st fitting scheduled end Aug, PS early Sept lor.. we hv yet to done up our guest lists lor.. very lazy on this.. kekeee
wink.gif

hi Sunnyday
J&M is good too.. my cousin had them for her wedding just 1 week ago.. their gowns are beautiful and the make up artist is quite good too..
wink.gif

A

amerline

hi serene,

i having headache with guest lists. seem to be a never ending story. who to invite, where to sit them etc etc...

maya

Hi mae, sent you the link already....

Cherubies, your wedding end Jul?? still got some time to worry abt things not done...... aiyah, this wedding thing hah, quite a lot of headache. Now I still haven't make up mind where to go for honeymoon. Hoping for something short, cheap, then plan for longer more ex later part of yr..... thinking of phuket, kaoh samui, club med bintan.....hmmmm???

are

besse... better do your last fitting juz a few days b4 ur PS. i did mine more than 1 wk & i happen to lose some weight so my gown was quite lose.

sunnyday

Thanks sandgirl72. I'm very excited. My trial will be on early sep and my photoshoot on mid sep. I like their gowns. I have actually read the comments here before selecting them. Thanks for your comments, I guess I have made the right choice.
happy.gif

I have actually went to Christian Creations, Vanity and J & M. But both my hubby and I love J & M's photos and no hard selling. Vanity is good too but a bit too expensive. Christian Creations too hard selling, don't like it.

oh yeah, guest list is ONE BIG HEADACHE !!!
actually i am getting abit tired of the wedding preps already, wish i can "fast forward" everything now to the actual date. argh....

gloomy boring sleepy monday. how i wish its friday now....

serene, no problem with the postponement. Let me know when k?

may

Pausini: now, we have more pple to chat...opps...dont mean to say that i was sick of talking to you the past weeks...it is just with Karen and Oso back ..more lively mah...

Vin: i not shopping queen lah. nope, the earring didnt turn up. Sian... wow, yr hubby so good life..sleep until 10 am...why dont u be tai tai then?

Oso: i had roller bindsfor my bedrooms but not the living. Which i regret cause the wind is very strong at my place...and we leave the ventilation windows open so my daylight curtains are blowing like ghosts...
i paid abt $5.50 or S$5.20 per feet and it is not 100% blackout but has the UV protection so it keeps the heat from coming into the room. U can call Falcon Furnishing at 67437630. Look for Ivy.

i wld like to go to Bali the end of the year.

besse

Are.. k k .. will push for one more fitting just before PS..

Haiz.. now migraine.. and aching finger with broken nail.. pain.. sulk

meow

Besse,
We went to Indulge. 33 Mohamed Sultan Road, #02-12 Tel: 6732 6698/6732 3661. Nail extension cost $11 for your info.

besse

Thanks Meow

I've made booking for tomorrow 5pm
happy.gif
ehhehe.. they say prob can repair my nail .. yeah
happy.gif

who's doing your nail regularly??

meow

Besse,
I ask Jane to do my nails. If your nails haven't drop off yet, still can repair. They'll use silk wrap to "stick" your nails together lor. So it'll cost jus $3 then.
happy.gif
If really haven't drop off, don't peel it(i know you won't else you'll cry again), if the plaster is still there. Leave it there to prevent your nails from getting worst hor.

stressed

My personal guest list was done quite early coz we have to estimate the number of table. Now I left picking the invites, PS, iternary, food tasting....so many things....ALAMAK!

besse

Meow

ok.. i oso ask for Jane. Hmm.. not peeled nails off yet n don dare put plaster... my nail polish still intact, but the pain is there.. today whole day my 2nd finger zo bo.. keke.. a bit weird cos typing a bit diff.. hope flesh will heal soon..

Guess i should just do mani hor.. 2 weeks later then do pedi and mani for PS..

sandgirl72

Hi Sunnyday
U r welcome... This is juz my personal opinion of J&M lor.. actually my cousin did asked me to get our bridal quote from them b4 we confirm who to take.. but guess my hubby too excited lor...

who is yr make up artist? Charmaine??

as long as both of U feel comfortable, it matters most...

meow

Besse,
Yeah i think its a good idea to do your mani first. It'll be $20 for normal and $25 for french mani. Of course if the prices never change. Now you're just like me then. Can't type with it and always find your finger pointing straight and dare not bend it right? Can understand lah. Not worry, the pain wont be that strong after 4days.

sleepy

Wow..seems like you ladies almost done with the preparation. I need to settle guest list, my hair, my face, my scrub, my bulletin, caterers, mother's make up etc....aiyo...seems like never ending...I just bought my swaroski necklace and earrings during weekend....like it alot...but dunno if it's too expensive a not...cost me $70. Got my FH a white tie...so difficult to find..almost give up...

U got your caterers from where huh? Need to feed my jie-meis and relatives otherwise they faint....

freesia

Hi Sandgirl72
Have gone thr my first fitting liao....not really too much excitement, 'coz everything is still not really fitting yet, and details r still not up yet...Hopefully, next fitting experience would be a good one....

cherubies

Hi maya,
yup 26 jul. don't worry, your options all look fantastic. just make sure that you have a relaxed and great honeymoon after all the planning. i really look forward to mine.
happy.gif

Sleepy,
all will be settled soon ya.
happy.gif
your big day is coming so everything will be done with His help. $70 for necklace and earrings are pretty reasonable. well as long as u like it, it's money well spent. same here, i finally found white tie for my fh at tangs. singapore shopping centres don't really stock white ties...

for me, the lunch in church will be the food for my jie-mei and relatives. no caterers for home.

piper

hi all..

my ps next monday...now must take very good care of myself....hopefully the weather will be good...

i've bought the bed, bedsheets etc...yet to buy the cupboards & side tables....another bombshell...

Do u girls find it very hard to get your fiance / husband to help with wedding plans? I have minimal duties for my hub, but he's taking FOREVER to get some simple tasks done! Eg his own guest list is not even completed!

Another one that i dread is getting my parents in law to start their plans. Like my mother in law who said her list was ready long time ago, and when i asked for her list so that i can key their names into a spreadsheet, her name list was "Ah Beng, Ah Seng, Ah Tan" etc etc. And she has no idea what their actual names are!

Sigh ... these kinda things just got to accept. Can't possibly raise my unhappiness when i told them yonks ago that i needed the complete list.

Argh.......

S

serene sng

Hi Meow,
Yes..they have the 10% rebate but the bed i chosen have $100/- off and we make a calculation & only $4/- difference so is ok.

Besse,
We went to Aero as well but we are not very comfortable there.. & the lady talk until
yawn.gif
we could not understand..so maybe we miss this offer...

3 more months to our Weddings ladies!!!!
bounce.gif

stressed

I told my MIL this too 3 months ago. She said list readi alreadi. Where where? Oso no give. Some more PIL got cheek to ask for more tables. Lucky my Ah Lau got the brains to tell them cannot. Anyway, I'm so prepared to lose $$ on PIL's end. When the day is nearer, I'll pass them empty invites and ask them to fill up themselves. Cannot fill table not my problem. Ok lah...I can be nicer, I provide them pen to write and stamps to send out.
biggrin.gif
. Jeez, I'm a horrible DIL!!! Lucky my Ah Lau is not a model son either!

pausini

Wah May, u broke my delicated heart man!!!!

Yah lor, more lively else very quiet....

U really lost ur earring??? never mind, got another excuse.. No GSS got alot of discount.

Vin: I also like food, only that now i lost my appetite else me and my hubby will be eating all the way.

Bali now is like hot cake, my colleague cant even get a tix there...

B

bride-to-be

hi feb

do u have any theme for ur banquet???anything idea??we r holding in the same hotel.i'm very worry..i haven't come out wif any theme yet
sad.gif

may

Pausini: hehe...but still very quiet leh...
yep, i really lost my earring. dunno is it during oone of shopping session where i was happily trying clothes in the fitting room.

No lah, i have no plans to replace it. now wearing the small ones my MIL gave me as si dian jing. but i like the one hubby bought for me...it is bigger....

To continue w GSS:
i went for Zara sale last friday..i spent abt 3 hrs in the two outlets, happily trying clothes...but only bought 2 items.
yesterday i dropped by Mango and spent $$ again...hubby is forbiding me to shop...

next week i going to KL for business somemore...want to buy shoes...hehe
yesterday

feb

Hi bride to be

I also dunno wat theme for my wedding banquet leh cos thinking of additional cost incurred if we want to have theme..But I would like to have lots of candle..Maybe near to it will have a discussion with Agnes or the florist...See what they can arrange for me with no additional cost lor...

kare2711

May
Ever since I come back from Honeymoon, hubby is completely forbidding me to buy anything! I buy a $2.20 item and he already nagged non stop. How come I can end up with a guy who likes to nag??

By the way, love your actual day photos! But I'm not getting enough *hinting to meet up*

Pausini
Hmm.. I didn't get your photo eh.

B

bride-to-be

hi feb

i doubt they let us talk to the florist.Agnes told me tat the decoration is done by the hotel itself.i oso love many candles.

may

Karen: u must have spent alot during yr honeymoon that is why hubby nagging...hehe...
aiyo, now after marriage hubby pattern all come out liao. i hate to shop with mine...he will just stand outside the shop w a super bore expression waiting for me. gone are the days where he will go into the shop, accompany me to look ard and wait to c the clothes i have tried.
and when i c his bored expression, i also no mood to shop liao. so i rather shop alone or w friends.

And u know what is the worst..he is like these during grocery shopping at supermarket too. He will push the cart and stand in a corner and wait. I cant stand it as i like o browse and sometime i dont know what to buy ... it depends on whim...
I hate to rush to buy stuff...
if it wasnt for the weight of the stuff, i wld have gone grocery shopping alone.

any one else got this problem? SIGH...

yes, i also looking forward to meeting up...waiting for Shook and Jazz to be back...
But i dont think i want to lag my actual photos...it is too heavy.

feb

hi bride

but i saw from the thread tat some gals got tok to the florist leh...I will ask her again on this..

jbride

hi gals,

piper, I'm here...

such a relieve that my reno is completed...now i can concentrate on my wedding prep
25219.gif

btw, i'm looking for my wedding shoes...anyone knows where to get nice matt silver heels...those glittering ones...

my dec brides list is so outdated
25220.gif

i'm too lazy to go through the postings
biggrin.gif
can sent me the changes..
<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>02 Dec</U></FONT>
enya, KAI , MM

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>06 Dec</U></FONT>
dinny, Graceful Image , Oriental Hotel
Mrs Quake, Dang ,Crown Prince Hotel

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>07 Dec</U></FONT>
jbride, KAI , Inter-Con
happygal, JLC , Amara
freesia, Le Galleria , Holiday Inn
Sunshine, BV , Beaufort
mickey,Thomson Wed'g Design, CrownPrice
wendyl, Bridal Concept, -
keropi, David Lim Lee, Ocean Garden

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>08 Dec</U></FONT>
Roro, J&amp;C , Grand Corpt

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>10 Dec</U></FONT>
Erin, Sophia , Tunglok Rest

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>13 Dec</U></FONT>
Babydoll, Kai , Hyatt
Ting Ting, Dang , Carlton Htl
Ming, - , Sheraton
Iris, Ted Wu , Raffles Town Club
sos, - , -
sunnyday, -, -

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>14 Dec</U></FONT>
mexx, silhouette, -
Cherub, Allure Charix, MM

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>18 Dec</U></FONT>
piper, Milan , Grand Corpt
Jacq, Milan , Hilton

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>21 Dec</U></FONT>
sandgirl72, Seletar Broadway, Mandarin
Naturally, Le Galleria , Hyatt
bobomagic, Bridal Zone , Rasa Sentosa

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>22 Dec</U></FONT>
renee, Bridal Veil, Hyatt

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>25 Dec</U></FONT>
christmas, White link, Traders

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>27 Dec</U></FONT>
cutiechar, silverlining bridal, traders
genie, -, -

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>28 Dec</U></FONT>
EL, GHA , Holiday Inn
Mio, JLC , Hyatt
Babyblue, Divine Couture , Conrad
Pam, BV , Fulleton
rinoa, BV, raffles the plaza
Cream, GHA, Neptune Theatre Restaurant

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>30 Dec</U></FONT>
loving3377, Jawn Happy Ever After, -
chicory, -, -

<FONT COLOR="ff0000"><U>31 Dec</U></FONT>
sunflower26, Dang, -

?
tintin , Jawn Happy ever after , OCC
Tiara, -, Oriental Hotel

pausini

May: I like Zara clothes i got a few tops for CNY now all cannot wear liao.
Mango clothes, i cant even wear but i must agree during mango sale, their clothes can be very cheap. Some skirt or dress from 80++ can be as cheap as 30++ only. Same i cant wear any now! *arghhh*

KL got things to buy meh? How come i also got stamp on my eyes. i never saw any leh???

Wah, u hubby really show true face liao! sound scary leh... My hubby feel out of place if he go shopping clothes with me but he still go with me. Luckily he like go shopping for grocery cos he always end up getting more stuffs than me.

I think may be he is too tired??? Next time u ask him to go and drink coffee, come and get u when u are ready. Wld that be good????

Kare: I also cant stand man who nag. really terrible, if my hubby keep nagging i will give him black face and just tell him i hate guy nagging cos they can be worse than women. Dun u girls think so.
U didnt get the pix??? i send u again later..

maya

Hi, my mom is taking care of caterers at my home. She checked out newspapers and just call. Not sure which one she has chosen but I remember something abt peranakan food.....

Cherubies, where are you going?

kare2711

May
I don't have problem of husband with bored expression. But, I have a very zealous husband who's too interested in what I want to buy. When we were on our honeymoon, I hinted many times for him to go back to the hotel to rest while I shopped around the area. He insisted on going with me. There are times when I take a lot of time deciding, and he would shake his head. I think he just want to see for himself what a horrible shopper I am! I stopped asking him for opinions though. When he finds something too expensive, he would tell me that it's not nice! I made a mistake of listening to his opinion and tilll now, I regretted not getting the bag that I am still thinking about.

But yes, I would rather go shopping alone or with friends. I just don't like to go shopping with someone who looks on while I shop. I would feel so uneasy that I would be pressurized into not buying. Just like when you are looking at something, the Salesgirl just stand there and look at you - it's the same. So now, instead of having one person looking at me, I have 2!

Pausini
You have to be kidding, right? KL have cheap clothes to buy! Everything also so cheap, not as cheap as Bangkok but still good nonetheless.

I'm not a fan of Zara clothes. I used to like Mango until everyone seems to be wearing Mango. Now my fave is Topshop. But not cheap.

Actually I hate people who nags at me :p I did tell husband that I know my limits and to give me some freedom where my spending is concerned. And I mean, it's my self-earned money!! Take yesterday for example, I wanted to sign up for a facial package of $1800 for 20 sessions instead of paying $113 each time. Somemore, it's paid through DBS credit card with no interests. Once he heard the $1800, his nagging started. He said he didn't understand why I need to go for facials now that I'm married, and that my skin is ok. Sigh..in the end I gave up. I would just go for each session and pay $20 more per session. Why can't I still go for facials? I'm a woman! Sometimes I just wish he would have affairs with some high-maintenance woman and knows for himself that I actually am not spending so much!

cath

Hi jus,
I saw yr ps... u look so lovely.. u r another oct brides for me to get envy of the figure...

Hi 1027, stressed,
me too, so stressed over the number of tables and guests list from my dad. gosh..my dad couldnt tell me how many tables he need which make me so confuse... he told me that this relative has how many family members but mayb the kids wont come.. etc.. how to est?
sad.gif
Somemore, he can also tell me that this relative wont come but need to give invitation card still... sigh.. does any of you have such problem too?

freesia

Hi jbride, r u looking for strappy heels? Dunno whether any gals have mentioned before oreadi...but just update again in case u need the infor.
For silver strappy heels, can go to
1) metro
2) Hue @ scotts shopping (hopefully I get the name correct, the shop is @ either 3rd or 4th level)
3) Takashimaya
These are some places that have the silver range of heels....

oso32

hi kare2711,

ur last statement very funny! i'm sure u would take back your words if it really happens! my hubby is ok with shopping with me and we especially love grocery shopping. remember before we r married, we would go grocery shopping and imagine that this would be how it feels like when we are married and have our own house in future! cuz my aunt does my facial,he would drive me to my aunt's place and either read newspaper while waiting for me, or go back 1st b4 coming over to pick me up when i'm done. so in this respect, think i'm quite fortunate
happy.gif

hey kare2711, remembered that u mentioned in a posting earlier that your new place is at bukit batok? mine is too! and i also haven't gotten my keys yet. for all we know, we could be potential neighbours!

Hi may,

thanks alot for your reference. will call ivy at falcon furnishing for a quotation.

pausini

Haha like i said lor, my eye must have stamp on it. I dun seem to get anything at KL. OK i openmy eyes wide next time when i visit KL again.

I nag at my hubby when he is getting something too expansive and out of his OWN money. Luckily he never bother abt my spending.

Kare: I think ur hubby got the wrong concept that after married no need facial. Tell him u need to be maintained. He shld be proud to have pretty wife going out with him and not a "Ah Soh".

For me, is me who is too lazy to dress up and hubby keep nagging at me but of course i got to pay for everything myself lor....

Why not u signed up without letting him know. Does he check ur credit card bill??

kare2711

Oso32
Really? You also in Bukit Batok? Even if we're not neighbours, we'll still closeby!

Pausini
Nope, he doesn't check my credit card bills, but we share the same credit card. Sort of. I'm the supplementary card holder. Of course, I can always use my other credit card but then, he'll somehow know where my money goes to.

besse

hey gals..

me will prob be choosing flowers for PS bouquet... any suggestions?? i'm clueless!!!

Meow..

ya, finger still out of action.. *sulk*. hehe.. looking 4ward to my mani later.. hmm.. a fren recommended nAIL Couture at MaNDARIN Hotel.. cos between 12pm-5pm, mani and pedi oni 30 bucks le..

Oh ya, anyone is BLUM fan? there's a 2 suits for price of one sale at the Raffles Place MRT Station branch.. just got 2 DK suits there.. . oni that particular branch cos reno sale..