(2003) Brides of year 2003

freesia

Hi Cutiechar, my heels are 2.5" tall

Hi Piper
You are making us excited!
happy.gif
Now I also looking forward eagerly for my PS to come...Hopefully it'll be good too
happy.gif
And the rest of brides too!
happy.gif

cherubies

Hi sleepy,
congratulations! have a great day this saturday! remember to smile as much as you can.
happy.gif

cairns and gold coast nice too. gold coast i've been in july. "air-con" weather. i love it... have fun.

maya,
cheer up! *hugs*
me too. "flare" up at my poor fh almost every weekend for not doing this not doing that. but actually he did all the things. i picked on the smallest things that i felt like. guess it's wedding jittery plus additonal workload from work. cos i'm glad i got such a wonderful and understanding husband-to-be... soon, all these worries will be over. stay beautiful!

wendyy

Hi DK
yeah... First fitting is usually very bare. No detail at all.
Soon you will be able to see your gown, i still have to wait 2 month. Very sian.

Husband is not very keen to go tailor. Keep delaying by giving excuses. So i bo-chap liao. When he feel like it, then go lor.

I have very sensitive skin so cannot go facial. Now going for microdermabrasion once every 3 weeks. And use mask at home on a weekly basis.
If you just need to maintain, 3 weeks once is good enough. 2 weeks once for those that need treatment.

Will you be going to your hotel for PS? I can only choose one location. Have asked Jodie if can add hotel but she didnt get back to me. u?

Cheers!

wen

Hi DK
yeah... First fitting is usually very bare. No detail at all.
Soon you will be able to see your gown, i still have to wait 2 month. Very sian.

Husband is not very keen to go tailor. Keep delaying by giving excuses. So i bo-chap liao. When he feel like it, then go lor.

I have very sensitive skin so cannot go facial. Now going for microdermabrasion once every 3 weeks. And use mask at home on a weekly basis.
If you just need to maintain, 3 weeks once is good enough. 2 weeks once for those that need treatment.

Will you be going to your hotel for PS? I can only choose one location. Have asked Jodie if can add hotel but she didnt get back to me. u?

Cheers!

jady

Hi wondering,

s u noe, my wedding in oct & my food tasting will b in sept, so i dunno hows the food & service yet.
sorry i cant advise much...

are

leo29... his standard is 10days, but he gave us in 7days cos of our PS.

btw, i've also signed up for pilates class liao. get ready for body aches! ;P

sorrie gals... i've yet to upload my pics cos the files are too huge. failed twice liao. will hv to reduce the size 1st i guess. but i'm quite pleased with the pics, cept the make-up a bit too 'white' lor.

shirlynn

Hi Gals,

Good morning!!!

I need to get dark red shirt for my hubby ( shimmering red /black kind). Anyone has any idea of any place / brand having??

Thanks!!

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Meow,
My sister might be going to bangkok.. so can you repeat where you got your wedding things?? e.g corsages, tea set...etc... i knw i very "fan"... keep asking..

Okean,
I thought of asking my cousins to be Mcs.. but they dun have the experience..HOW!!!?
I already choose my songs liao...you buy originals or burn the CD
lame.gif

Have you confirm the nos of tables with them yet??
i also ahvent discuss but i have fax my details over & got the layout of my card but havent sign back...cos fax back have to confirm the no of tables... we have 40 tables initially ( 20 from my side 20 from my FH side) but now my MIL wan to add 8 more tables.. i nearly faints!! Moreover, she dun wan to give me her list.. i very sad.. i thought it will be nice that my hubby & my side have pple to sit at the reception to take attendence but i guess old pple dun really like this.. i feel very funny if only got my pple sit that during the reception..how?? I havent gone to the trial eat.. too busy.. I chose the Room B.. wht abt you??

MT,
Im going for my first trial on beinning of Aug. You getting corset..?? y??? Me cannot get corset cos too fat & Bra size too...
embarrassed.gif

Very loh soh today... paiseh.. hor!!

victoria

Hi Freesia,

Thanks for you advice. btw leapinz lizard is at international plaza rite? alight at tanjong pagar ah? which floor ah?

naturally

piper,
your PS sounds like loads of fun, esp the part on "tou qing"!
lol.gif
Actually it's a good idea to have outdoor first, morning sun not so scorching... either that or go in late afternoon, and if possible i would like some sunset shots, that'll make a nice conclusion for the album...
happy.gif
Hey, must show us your pics hor! Let me see if i can recognise my xue2 jie3!
happy.gif

Hi calm,
A lot of dec brides here are planning to go sentosa, sorry can't really give u more ideas... hubby is planning to go raffles marina, but that depends on whether he can get his fren to sign us in. I dun mind, but that also means our outdoor venues will be limited to the west... kinda prefer sentosa still... Or how abt pasir ris park, or the botanical gardens? The swan lake is not bad, u can feed the swans (btw, are we allowed to?) to capture your gentle caring nature, or simply just gaze out serenely at the waters, like a contented bride... heehee!
happy.gif

okeanosmao

serene,

mayb yr cousins can do just a simple announcing, when u arrive, etc..
for songs, hee..i burn cds..dun want to be separate CDs..i've got alot of songs in mind, still hvn really choose..u leh, wat march in songs u choose?
mine will be ard 30 tables. not many so choose the smaller rm, shld be room A? we oso hvn plan the guest list, think will be doing soon now..cos i found out my list getting longer and longer..

another thing, how do i tell my frends not to bring their gfs/bfs whom i've not met and do not know before? cos i intend to only invite them n not their partners..got seat restrained..
how?

leo29

Meow,

Tks for your info! $6.50 for 10 nails..... that is cheap. But don't know paint or sticker type. I will call them and check.

DK,

I go facial once a mth. So far so good.

Hello DL,

Welcome to our thread! Ai yoh, difficult to tell you without looking at the EG. Do you have any photos to show us? If not can you tell me what WG design you have choosen

leo29

Are,

10 days….., siao liao. May have to ask him rush for us. It’s for our PS on 23 dis mth.
I attended pilates class twice liao, not so siong lah. Don’t worry! Your class start Jul, rite? When?

Shirlynn,

Me too was looking for a dark red/maroon shirt for my hubby to match with my kua for my PS. Don’t intend to get it OTR, will tailor make one for him. That why I ask Are for the lead time. From Are, a normal shirt cost $55, not expensive lei! But if you prefer OTR, you should be able to get it from Orchard like Taka, …..

Okean,

Just write your friend name on the invitation card, they will understand.

besse

Hi Shirlynn, Leo

My bf got a dark red two tone shirt and matching tie from robinsons.. can check out brands like hardy amies (spelling might nt be right), DH..

Robinsons quite nice, cos the tie counter will help to match ties for your shirt..

Leo.. so fitting went well for you? mine's ok la, nothing v excited.. more work to be done on the EG. need to hide the front cos FMIL like don like me too "exposed" *grumble*. later going down to alter again i think..

Am going to post picts of 2 diff kwas in the nova site.. can please advise which one i should take for PS? one is an embroidered one and the other is the beaded one.. TIA

Anyone going for food tasting yet?

matka

Hi 1027

The esplanade is the nearest place i can think of to the hotel (fullerton). I understand that they (esplanade) have a creche there where you can deposit your kids. Haha.

anyways, i think i'll leave the kids problem to the parents. Am not prepared to open up a kids room unless there's a huge demand for it ;)

leo29

Besse,

EG perfect, no amenment. WG front upper portion too loose, need cut away some material plus need to add in a crystal strip, my designer forget. As for my MU, i find it abit heavy. But my designer said it's ok, PS make up suppose to be thicker. Will go in and take a look later and give you comment.

Food tasting, originally planned it in Oct. But may bring forward to Sept. No need so early, wait the Shi Fu forget your comment.

Gals,

Me too will post my 2nd fitting with MU trial in Novas site by this evening. If free, pls go and see see.
happy.gif

are

leo29... my class starting 18 jul, damn lucky cos actually full liao, but the guy helped me get the instructor to add me in. ;P

still got time for the shirt wat, juz pop by lor. he wun need longer than that one.

wen

Hi Snow,
I went to a dermatologist near my office. The clinic is Skin & Rejuvenation Centre at Far East Central. u?

hmm, its something worth considering then since esplanade has such services. Is this service FOC? Or do u have to pay?

amore

hullo... wah a few days nebber come in soooo many postings liao...

hmmm will be away next week for 2 weeks...

those getting shirts think now go sales better go grab leh... sales finishing sooon....

D

dl

Hello, MT /Wen /DK /leo29

Sorry I dun have any pic on the shimmering gown
to show you gals.

Description :
1)Silver in colour
2)Crystal Strap in Straight Symmetrical Cut at bottom
2)Bareback but got to tight like "shoe lace"

I like it MOST as compared to the Purple one due to its design.

My main worry :
1)Will it be weird to wear light colour as such for a Night Shooting ?
2)Will the photos turn out OK ?
(Scare with the spotlight added,face turns out too bright like ("fa qin guang")

Aiya......very "fan........" lei!

Check with you gals,which do you concern most.

1) Design that you like most ?
2) Colour that suits you most?
3) Effect (contrast) on your photo?

Thanks for all your advices.

besse

Hi Leo

k k . will go pop by take a look later

the shirt at robinsons is abt 60 plus bucks i think.. cant quite rem..

Can also try Van Garie brand..

If your guys want more variety, can check out Domanchi.. we popped by 2 weekends ago and saw nice variety of shirts (inclusive french cuffs) and bf bought his hippy shoes there for the wedding..

serene

hihi,
Sorry for MIA for a while cos I was sick..got gastric flu last 2 days..
Sorry..this thursday has to be postpone cos my Washing machine is gg to be delivered on thu..so paiseh.

Let's set it at next Thu, 17 Jul, ok?
Venue: Maision
Time: 6.30pm
Sorry abt the changes..

Now busy finalising my guest list cos meeting my coordinator on Fri to collect my wedding cards..not much choices..only red and white cards..
Red for relatives..hehee
White is for frens etc..

shirlynn

Thanks Leo .. Thanks Besse..

Will go there this week, need to get one to match my EG which I asked my auntie to sew for me which I will also use it for PS.

Hi Gals,

The bridal shop tells my hubby to bring a few coloured shirts... Is it really needed??

hi serene, u take care yah?
Sorry next thurs i cannot make it for the gathering. Hub is having reservist and i have to go home to feed the dog.

Wah, collecting cards soooo soon?
Have you confirmed your wordings yet?
When are you intending to start distributing your cards? I was told by my mother in law that we cannot distribute during 7th month ghost festival.

matka

hi 1027
i don't think it's a free service, a minimal sum at least. But i've no idea. Definitely worth the consideration.
happy.gif

leo29

Amore,

Where you going again? Going to miss you...., yiak.... so Ba hor. Putise also going outstation. You two really good sister.

DL,

For me i will go for design that suit me. Don't get dark color if you are dark. But if you are fair, I think any color can suit you. Since you prefer the silver gown, then you shld go for it. I don't think it will really effect the photos. And try not to have the same design for your WG and EG, i mean bustier and bustier.

jus

Hi serene,

I won’t be able to join you girls next thu… meeting with my hotel coordinator…

You take care, yea…
Hope you are feeling better

leo29

Shirlynn,

Their purpose is to mix n match for you. But if you know how to match your hubby shirts with your gowns then no need to bring so many xtra shirts there. Xtra 1-2 piece will do.

I more or less settle my hubby shirt color liao, Grey->WG, Shimmering green/blue->Green EG and dark red/maroon->Kua. But will seek our designer opinion again. Will also ask my hubby to bring xtra 2 shirts there, just in case.

yve

Shirlyn,
For my PS, we brought hubby's suit, 3 shirts (white, light blue and red) and 4 ties. Still not enough to match my changes, Bridal shop loaned a few vests and creveats (something like a hankerchief around the neck). They loan a tux shirt to him too. Hubby work the chinese suit when i had my kwa. u know, those long dress?

meow

Serene,
The flowers i got from the weekend market. Same goes for the ang bao box. The teaset belongs to sunnyling. She got it from her friend.

sunrise

gd day gers!

Haven't log in so long and soooooo many msgs liao, see till i crossed-eye....:D

MT,
you seemed so well-org. Any tips for a lazy bride-2-be like me??
btw, saw u mentioning abt corset earlier....may i know what's that for? Also, will u be payin for the buffet at both parties' hse on actual day?

Leo, Besse,
guess my actual day agenda got to be fixed, only option is to leave out the tea ceremony at his side. They might b ok so it'll b better too!
happy.gif
If not, i'm gonna FAINT at the end of the day...:p

DL,
WELCOME!!!

Sunrise

M

mt

Hi Serene, DL & Sunrise,
My WG 1st fitting this Sun... worried, I want to pop diet pills liao
sad.gif

Need corset cos of tummy and my cocktail dress (pic's in novas > trial > MT) material is very thin, very naked feeling, all bulges, pantyline whatever shows up... even BS suggested corset. Will need the mini-skirt kind of petticoat too to skim the profile... dunno how to explain.

Also, corset maintains posture and you stand TALLER
happy.gif

Bad day at HDB 1st appointment, we spent 2 hrs ARGUING with the property agents (my side and seller's side) as well as the HDB officers (the lady dealing with us and then she had to call in her sup.) My HB, myself, HB's parents were all very agitated. Basically our grants were mishandled by our agent and there was alot of blame-shifting...
So I did retail therapy after that- heck it, I'm going to have a full-blown fashion show for my wedding... went to buy my Cheongsam Material
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ok, lunches at PIL's and my mum's place we are just going to leave it to them to handle and settle the bill. HB's an only child anyway, my mum's very supportive of the wedding (she's doing me beadwork for my dresses hehe). Got enough hassle not going to crack my head needlessly.

I'm getting my keys in Sept and I gotta get the place renovated (OLD, OLD, OLD resale flat) and furnished by Nov! And the seller's not moving out til Oct. I will *DIE* during that period.

piper

hi chicory,

Thank u...i'm with milan.

hi wendyl,

my fotos not ready yet...just some polaroids from the studio for each image that they created for us. I'll only see all the photos in 2-3 weeks time.

wen

Hi DL
Since you like it so much, then go for it. Dont worry about the effects on photo, leave it to the photographer. They should know how to control the lighting to make you look good.

For me, I am more concerned about the design, then fabric and colour.
Effect on photo - not concerned cos i cant really tell good or bad, look nice can already...

besse

Shirlynn..

Welc.. err.. bring along a swat of material from your EG to match the shirt.. might be better ..

Hee.. ask your hubbz to bring along more change so he can oso fashion parade..
happy.gif
.. my that heow bf will have more change of clothes than me with his diff military uniform outfits and colored shirts.. *grumble

Ah Leo

you on the ball for gym manz.. i slack.. bf scold me big time..

can you load up the picts? i cant. cos i think the disk space allocated by yahoo for the groups almoz full.. need moderator to do some housekeeping
happy.gif

Amore.. wah.. you have fun in HK.. shop shop time.. hehe.. now summer sale is on.. but still do be careful at too crowded places.. bring along mask ya!? *kia su*

Sunrise..

hehe.. annor, do manage time proper.. you need rest in between le.. else will look super shag during dinner

D

dl

Hi, Wen/MT/leo29 & Sunrise

Thanks for all your postings. I had made up my mind liao.

Well,ever since the day (Monday) I went to re-select this EG, I have been insomia for all nights.

Finally, got the courage to call up the bridal shop to drop the idea of putting the silvery gown and to forget about SEXINESS. She mentioned that no doubt it is sexier than the other but photos might turn out just so-so as compared to darker colours,unless I want to look different from the rest of my gowns.

Conclusion (Outdoor)
1) Strap in A-line (Off white)
2) Cheongsam-like (2-tones Maroon) = tea dress

No more "fan"...............

"pai seh" for taking up all your time to contribute to my posting.

Regards,
DL

wen

Hi DL,
Happy happy...
happy.gif

Understand how you feel cos I also have the same experience. Now can sleep liao...zzzz

D

dk

DL,
"Panic" is our middle names at these critical 5 months. I guess it a norm to get extra excited & worried....Glad U 've settled your problem..
Hee! A guy fren once told me this: women tranformed into horible monsters when it comes to their own wedding...Hee! cuoldn't help to agree with him..

For me, my EG will be in marine/aqua blue...a not really a must have colour... since i've nothing in mind wat colour to wear,i picked on the 1st colour that caught my eyes from the colur chart @ TW's office.

Oh! an important thing to note...try to avoid EG colour near to your banquet table cloth or carpet....

Wen,
It takes an average 3weeks for tailor to complete a suit...so still gat a little time.
My HB is very busy too. Well, guys "siam" when it comes to wedding things...
But by hook or croak we got to settled on the tailor latest by end July to be in time for PS in late Aug.
My HB oledi have in mind on the suit & shirt style...(some guys can be as vain lei!). So i dun have to crack my head worry for that.

Hi Wen,
Have U tried window shopping for Man Suit? Hugo having 40% @ GSS..dunno whether is still on....
Perhaps yu can visit Zegna, Cerutti also...Dun hesitate to get your HB try on the suits even if they're out of yr budget. Each have their own style & cutting. My HB did it..& so he knows now wat style, cutting, fabric he perhaps. These can help U when discussing with your tailor on designs.

Oh! I haven spoke to Jodie since i paid the deposit. Haven really tot of PS places...A little sian cos Memphis office near my Dad's place, so the surrounding areas is like an everyday playground to me. We'll try to limit to the very 4hrs PS -previously agreed upon...& we should see if the session needs to be extended the very day lor! As for PS @ the hotel maybe i'll leave it for the actual day...
Co-ordination & places for PS leave it to my HB & Wesley. & I'm in charge out getting myself looking pretty & feeling gd on PS.
(well, i guess we deserve that after so much preparation & our HB "Kiao Kah" right?

Wah! I very Loh Soh! Till then.

Cheers, Diane