(2003) Brides of year 2003

A

amerline

hi ladies,

whichever day we choose, it will be a beautiful day to get married. do not be so "mi xin" and nothing will happen. weddings shd not be so regimental and restricted by "auspicious timings" and spoil all the fun.

just relax, have fun, enjoy ur day. wishing all of you a great start in planning and eventual celebration of the marriage......

i chose my wedding date as it is the saturday between my FH and my bday hahahahhaa my FH also say better still if next time all the kids born with this period than all of us go holiday can celebrate bdays and anniversary together...cut cost and only 1 date to remember.....

jbride

hi gals,

Thanks for your advice...i've bought my shoes from hue
25540.gif
i've bought a 3.5" one...not sure if it'll be a pain to wear it for the whole day
25541.gif

piper shld be enjoying her PS now ya...the weather looks good
25542.gif

hi jady, never mind lah...i'm not worried abt what chong with who. Anyway the only superstitous one is my mother in law. If she's pleased with the date, we'll go with the flow.

hi vio, i went to the same place too! Got lallang, and the beach nearby right?
never mind abt the candid shots lah, those by the photographer will be better for sure!

Amerline's right ... whatever the almac says, i'm going to enjoy myself! Hahahaha, your hub and you are funny! You really got to time when to start making baby if you want your kids' to be born at around the same time as you, your hub and your wedding anniversary!

Ladies, i went to the hotel ballroom over the weekend to take some measurements and to check-out the exact area that i want to display my photos. Then i went ON TO the stage itself ... alamak! I kenah stage fright coz the place is sooo big, with sooo many tables! The place was still empty yesterday, but the sheer size was frightening! I'm such a chicken ... never had stage fright in school and for corporate presentations, but all of a sudden i get stage fright for my wedding! argh !!!

hi vio

went to look at the ang pow. we have the same taste! i also like the same model as you (KGA108).

I dun mind sharing with you, but i can't confirm yet. I want to wait for the design of my invitation card to be out first before deciding.

Do you know if these ang pow from Kool are self-adhesive?

Keep each other informed abt the ang pow ok?
My card designs will be out in abt 1-2 weeks from now.

Thanks!

jady

hi 1027,

ya, dnt nid to care such stuff. just enjy yr day & wats most impt is a blissful marriage ever after.
happy.gif
*wink*

leo29

Wedsoon,

Really long time never see you here huh. Me too was planning to collect my wedding card next mth. So at least got ample time to look for printer and compare price.

Wen,

Depend on the class you attend. Me too was not there for those siong classes but just want to tone up my body. So I go for those stretching class like pilates. But hor…… after attend a few different class, I still find siong classes, eg kickboxing more *siok*. Maybe becos of sweating.

For invitation cards and food tasting, you can just call the hotel if you want. But I think normally they will contact you maybe 3 mths before your wedding. For me, I plan to have my food tasting 1 mth before my wedding.

A

amerline

hi 1027

ya loh...its all abt timing now ahhahahah... anyway not so soon lah...both FH and me both still studying, baby can wait....

i always got stage fright, no matter its sch or corporate presentations.....mainly its during the 1st 15 min....after that is quite okie...lucky my banquet hall is smaller....or else i am sure butterflies will be all over my body...not only the stomach...

jus

Hi ladies,

Jady, vio
Glad to hear your PS went well… ; )
Must show us the pix once they are out ok…

Quite true lar… we should try not to be too ‘mi xin’
But can’t help it lar… we want everything to be perfect mah…
If can help it, just follow lor… (well, at least for my case… hee hee)

stressed

Hi ladies,

Jus to update, me going to PS next Mon. Quite excited. Despite my Ah Lau's effort to practice similing, I still find he looks like he has constipation! Anyway, today is my trial MU. So excited! Actually can't sleep las nite. Can't imagine PS! Sure got panda eyes one....hiazzzz

Anyway, we didn't consult anyone when we choose the date. But we "consulted" our diary see when we are free. Dun care if anyone "chong" wif us. One thing I mus comment is that sway sway Andrea De Cruz's so called wedding is the same day wif us and heard that she might take the same hotel. Guess, if she faints, I'll jus step over her wif my killer high heels!

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

I thought invitation cards are FOC to us from our hotels & restaurants?

Aiyoh... you guys consider fast liao.. me still have plan my actual day schedule..

rhs

constipation!!?? Hahaha ... can't be that bad, rite? Just ask him to relax, okie?

O yah, I just remember that Andrea is also Oct bride. I think she will use OLPS for her church mass.

I believe everyday is a good day. Anyway they are all created equal by Him. My mum said that a good day for wedding is when everybody can come and celebrate together. That's the most important thing to us
happy.gif

Aiyoh, seems like everybody already did PS leh. Mine is still end of this month. Was planning to go on diet but it has not happened until now. What to do ... office is so cold and I feel hungry every few hours. I can stand the hunger but it's embarassing when my stomach starts growling
sad.gif

hahahahahaa, stressed! constipation?? dun worry lah, your photographer will talk / joke with you to make you smile and laugh somehow.

heh heh, seems like you dun like andrea de cruz too much eh? me neither .... yah, read from papers that she's going to get married at Raffles hotel on the 18th.

Dun worry abt her lah; like you said, just step over her like she's some carpet there to clean your killer heels! hahahahahaha (so evil!)

hey vio, i went to see the ang pow. I got the same taste as you (model KGA 108) !!! I dun mind sharing with you, but i cannot confirm how many i need yet, and i'm not sure whether my hub wants to print our own ang pows or not. Can you wait another 1-2 weeks? We will revert with an answer once my invitation card design is out can??

If you need to buy them first, you just go ahead and keep me informed. By the way, do u know if the ang pows are self-adhesive?

thanks!

eh vio - sorry, just realised that i had already posted a msg abt the ang pows earlier.

rhs - long time no hear from you! how have you been?
yeah, you're right. a good day is when everyone can come to celebrate the occasion, that's why saturdays are such a sell-out!

eh you're having Chris Ling for your photoshoot also right? Me too, had mine already. Collecting my album on saturday! he's sooo fast, takes less than 1 month from day of photoshoot to giving me the album!

dun worry abt the diet, still got help. Take lunch hour off to go to the gym and pack something for lunch on your way back to office. I go to the gym 3 times a week now, and there IS a difference! As for the hunger pangs, replace your snacks with fruits. Should see some effects pretty quickly!

hey vio, me again. (wah! 3 postings in a row!)

Just called Koolgifts ... the ang pows are not self-adhesive, instead they have a slit behind that you can slot the flap into. Alternatively you can buy the "shung zi" transparent sticker to use secure the flap down.

The bad news is that Koolgifts does not have any stock of the 108 anymore.
The lady says that the supplier's designs are seasonal. Even when koolgifts makes an order for the ang pow that you want, its not 100% guranteed that they'll be able to get it for u coz it depends on whether the printer has discontinued the model.

sad right? i thot the 108 ang pow was very elegant. Hmm....

vio, do u know of any others who sell ang pows as nice as this 108 one that we both like?

okeanosmao

hi leo29,
i tot they oso provide printing?

serene,
r u the one who booked dragon gate oso?

wen,
if u feel the class too shiong u can rest while others keep doing it..but i feel tt some instructors will feel sad if gals walk out halfway..i joined amore sometime in april oso..so far so gd..
my PS coming 25th. so must workout more..haha..
my hubby till now hvn buy shirts too..i keep nagging at him, and threaten him, saying if he dun buy or care abt this preparation then i might as well bo chap oso..throw all the preparations back to him..he somehow feel scared and he promised me to go this weekend..heheh..
wink.gif

leo29

Okean,

Not that i know. Unless you have special package from them.

Yve,

Oh oh..... But nevermind lah, 1 kg not so much lah.

Meow,

How is your photos selection? How many photos you select? You look mei mei in photos?

Besse,

How is your trial? Mine ok lor, never really make me look so..... beautiful. I will just accept her becos i lazy to try others out.

wen

Hi Okeanosmao
thanks!
My husband will never feel scared even if i threaten him. So i also bo-chap lor. If he cant make his suit in time for PS, too bad. Ask him to rent from bridal.

wen

Hi Bride-to-be,
Thanks!
Where is Jasvy? Somewhere near town area?
Should I call them first or the hotel to arrange for collection of cards?

meow

Leo,
The photos didn't really turn out fantastic. Only took 22 photos. So i didn't buy any extra photos from them. I'm a saddist case lah. I only get to get 2 multi pose and a acrylic frame for free. Didn't manage to get all samples back too. So sian. I dun wan reshoot too...very tired and too troublesome

wen

Hi Leo29,
Thanks for the info!
For me, I will probably go for food tasting next month. After food-tasting, have more time to decide whether if there is a need to change any dishes.

Trying to do all I can before Sep cos there are too many activities in Sep. Gown fitting, PS etc...

Apart from printing of cards n food tasting, is there anything else i need to do?

wen

Hi Meow,
Dont feel so sian.
Maybe you can get Nick to do a simple outdoor photography. Those that he has taken during your ROM are very nice.
Ask your bridal shop for free makeup.

wen

Hi gals,
Is it necessary to go for trial makeup? My package doesnt include trial. Have to top up $100 for trial.
What do they do during trial? Same as actual wedding day makeup? Or lighter makeup but show u the colours that will suit u?

As for manicure & pedicure, is it necessary to go regularly like facial?

freesia

Hi jbride....
glad to know that you've got ur heels.... wow...looks high to me... ;p mine is 2.5" n I become taller than my hubby liao.... ;p btw, are u getting any covered heels for your bridal gown as well?

Yup...today's weather is good! Piper must be having a good time... Actually my original photoshoot date is today! hmm....can't wait n imagine how the day would be like....must very exciting!
happy.gif

leo29

Meow,

*Tab tab*, don't be sad. At least you don't ve to top up money for the extra photos. You wun regret! I got a few frds that keep on reminding me not to pay so much on the photos. Same theory, after wedding they just chuck it aside, they all regret now. I even came across a frd that hoping their PS never turn out well so she will not need to top up xtra for the photos. Good excuss hah.

okeanosmao

hi meow,

dun be sad. wat matters most is the actual day photography turns out gd..nick will sure be the best tt day..
most of my frens after they took studio photos, keep inside the cupboard..they felt so wasted to take so many photos and after tat jus keep it..
dun worry abt tt..actual day be mei mei and take nice photos, okie?
smile, meow..
smile.gif

hi leo,
i'm not sure if my restaurant provides printing for me..oh, since u mentioned it, i better check wif them. jus in case..
btw, my hubby's sis din do printing themselves..so all along, i tot restaurant will be providing..
oh yes i remember, the manager did mentioned tt, they will do printing only for 75% of the attendance..shld be..oops..gotta check..

hi wen,
oh u oso bo chap one huh?? better lor, if not, husbands always took for granted tt preparations are women's duty..

yve

leo,
oh, during PS, the reg EG already a bit tight leh.. heh heh..

meow, i share the same sentiments as Leo. Take it as u dun have to spend the extra money lor. I don't know how my PS pics wil turn out. I think I be very critical (one thing imperfect, throw out the pic), and end up don't have to top up too..
happy.gif
Like you, I find PS very tiring lor. That's why I just wanted to quickly finish the shots even though it was raining last Fri. Din want to take another day's leave.

leo29

Wen,

It's better to go for trial. If not what happen if during PS you find the make up doesn't suit you. Trial is suppose to be FOC lei. Why your bridal shop charge you. I only need to pay if i'm not satisfy with the first trial.

The trial is basically to let you see how you look like with the make up-pretty or not, r you satisfy with the color..... Make up have many type also, earth color.....(sorry the rest i can't remember) so at least must know what type suit you. For me MU told me this trial is more for PS, actual day is lighter.

My opinion, Pedi/Mani no need to go regularly unless you got nails problem. If you want to ve nice nice nail on your actual day, then maybe you can go there more often b4 your wedding day, 2 times/mth. My Mu really know how to save $ for me, told me no need to do Mani/Pedi for PS. Just do some design pasting on my nail will do. Anyway, it's true PS can't really see our nail.

grace

hi leo...
read that u mentioned pet clothes...
want to tell u that i am selling at the SKC show this coming sat 13th jul....come n look see look see lah...heheheh...
otherwise u email me loh... =p

rhs

hullo 1027,
I'm fine here, just a bit stressed out at work
happy.gif
U r soooo dedicated going to gym ... usually I reach home and can't (or dun want) to do anything, kekeke ... But since I'll handmake my church invitations and booklet, lately I've been busy sourcing for papers, ideas, etc.

Less than 1 month? Really? Wow, that's fast! Aaargh ... can't wait until my PS. How long did he take to print the proof copies? I expect only few days since he's using digital camera. So where did u go? (sorry, lazy to scroll up and search :p) I'm thinking of asian civilization museum and tanah merah/east coast. Hopefully it doesn't rain ...

sandgirl72

hi jbride
wow.. u got yr shoe liao.. i m still shopping around for nice open toes and not too high heel as my hubby about the same ht as me..
happy.gif

today's weather is good except a bit hotter than last week lor.. Piper should be enjoying her PS now..
happy.gif

hi freesia
u too oso got yr shoe liao.. where did U got yours from??
happy.gif

maya

Hi all, yah, my AD it next THurs, thot I did a lot of advance preparation but not enough! Still got so many las min things......don't know abt you ladies, but my temper more and more frayed! FH sick also so a lot of things end up on my lap!!
sad.gif

freesia

Hi sandgirl72
I got my silver diamonte strappy pair from takashimaya...quite irony...'coz hubby n I like tat pair of heels, n in the end, we have to bear the fact that I would be taller than him....
So hopefully, we can find some men's shoes of higher soles.....
Then I just custom-made a pair of off-white covered toes heels from leapin' lizard last week....

hi rhs

all that running around will also help you to lose weight! Dun lose heart ok?

As for stress - take it easy, and unwind ...

no lah, i have no self discipline. Each time before i go off to the gym, my colleague will also hear me moaning and lamenting that i feel lazy even before i change into my gym outfit. Then i think of my big day, and suddenly i move. Motivation is there when i am on the bigger & meatier side ... mine is no choice really!

No no no!!! Chris will give you the sample prints on the VERY DAY itself! When you return to his studio after your outdoor shoot, he take 30mins to print them for you. Nicely bound in a book with his signature etc. That 30mins is very fast since you'll also need to change out and pack up!

I didn't make any request on where to go, i just left it to him. The only thing i told him was not to duplicate the same places i went for my first photoshoot with beetles. Ended up going to Boat Quay, Marina Bay, lallang field near Tanah Merah and the beach outside Safra (tanah merah). Pictures were very nicely taken!

you'll be most excited to see your own pictures too!

meow

Thanks gals.
happy.gif
I'll jus let Nick take more photos for my outdoor on my wedding date lor. But must pray that day not raining and not being delay leh.

kopibean

Hi Meow,

Dun be sad over ur ps photos...
Take more photos on ur actual day as you can take wif ur jie-mei...and nick will definitely capture the best moments of ur wedding.

grace

hi leo...
ops its my mistake hehehhe.. cos i saw u all talking abt the tailor shop is the same name as another of the pet brand..heheheh
paiseh huh...
anyway fyi, skc is singapore kennel club and they organise competition for show breed dogs..hehehhe
its at singapore expo hall this sun from 7am - 6pm....
paiseh

sandgirl72

Hi Freesia
i got 1 pair of silver diamonte strappy from OG wore during my ROM..

wow..leapin' lizard are very beautiful. is it expensive to custom made a pair?

B

bride-to-be

hi meow

my 1st PS turned out badly for OD too.i oni chose 3 photos for OD.i saw some1 taking photos at changi MRT on her actual day wedding,not bad too.can consider if it rain on wedding day *touch wood*

hi wen
Jasvy is near Lavender.which printer is recommended by ur hotel.
i'm thinking of having my food tasting on the day after my Guo Da Li so 2 families can enjoy after meeting each other.

matka

hi 1027! wow! your friend booked a playroom with McDonald's to cater? Unfortunately, the nearest creche i can think of is... at the Esplanade - a good 10 minutes walk to the hotel. And from what i gather so far, not many parents will be too keen on that.

I didn't know the 9th day of the 9 lunar month was an auspicious day. So we have unwittingly chosen to get married on a good day. Our initial plan was to have the banquet on the 5th. That was all we were concerned about (!!!). So when it came to settling the date for the tea and church ceremony, we figured that the 4th (Saturday) would be the best day to do it to reduce the stress of having to complete everything in 1 day.

Jady.. *GASP* I am a dragon. heheh.

Hi rhs, my PS is even later... first week of August -- that's exactly two months away from the wedding!

wen

Hi Okeanosmao
I clever liao. Told him that we will bring FIL along since he also needs to make suit. Once we have told FIL the date, he cant give any excuse for not going... happy happy...

Initially i wanted my husband to wear black tux but FIL not v happy leh. Though he leave the final decision to us, my husband want to wear blue or grey. But dont really match my gown. How??? Comments???

wen

Hi Leo29
I go for a-la-carte so makeup artist not from bridal.
My makeup artist package does not come with trial. Choose him cos heard many good comments including my designer and also recommendation from friends. Everyone told me no need for trial cos he is good in natural makeup.
After reading some of the previous postings, i xin yang yang already.

Actually, i also think just go before PS & wedding day. I dont keep long nails so no point going for manicure.
Good idea... Instead of manicure, ask them to paste fake nail. Dont have to worry nail polish dry or not.... But I cant do it on my own lah. Duck hands and duck legs - better leave it to the professionals.