(2003) Brides of year 2003

may

yesterday in Streats - one full page advertisement. i lost the tel number...

their usual price is S$ 25 but coz of Singapore Great Sale got this promo for one for one.

It is only for dinner.

anyway, Equinox also having high tea buffet one for one, think it cost S$ 35 +++

u can check that out too...

ok...will take to you gals more after i am back from KL a week later...

take care.

leo29

Amore,

How much is a suit from Personality? Guess you may don't know bcos if i nvr remember wrongly, yours is include in the package, rite? My bridal shop charge me $350 for a suit for my dad. Quite cheap rite? Do you think i can get cheaper then this from outside? I guess maybe the material no good.

Wen,

You going down to Personality today rite? Do keep me update how much a suit cost. Thank you!

besse

Leo..

haiz.. ya lor, but sometimes oso quite nuar wan la.. just that my colleague quitted.. so now i oni sales person on my team.. got plenty of projects to run.. so super siong.. haiz.. now i look like a xiong mao *sulk*

Amore..

Ah i see. you working in SAP itself or implementation partner?

Sunrise,

ya, agree with Leo, ur schedule won allow time for you to rest le.. maybe you can consider PS after all the pang teh ceremony on your way to hotel.. more relax then, and the light will not be as harsh as noon time.

aiyah.. gotta run.. talk again later!

B

bride-to-be

hi feb

i met up wif agnes yesterday..she'll arrange me to meet up wif the florist to discuss wat can be done.i'll update u wif the detail if u like to noe
happy.gif

amore

leo... we did ask the guy from personality how much a suit cost... coz was thinking of getting one more for my hubby at the same time oso ask for our daddies... 200+ can get one liao.. but the material no good...er those iron one time can see mark kind... if u want wool cheapest will be ard 300+...

besse.. implementation partners....

B

bride-to-be

hey ladies

i bought a suit(OTR) from Domanchi abt 200+
they provide alteration for free too

yve

Hi all!!

Rain rain the whole day.. luckily during evening, just a light drizzle, so we proceed to sentosa for some shots.. went to old building, the tree and the beach.. dun have any nice sunset pics.. it has been a tiring day.. gng to sleep early tonight..

besse, how's your fitting?

matka

Thanks 1027 for the rundown! I haven't been to that many weddings to remember what goes on. : )

Hihi Jady, what a coincidence! Would you happen to know if it's an auspicious day? So many of us tying the knot on the same day. hee

I just scrolled up and read the parts about concerns with the guest list. What we've done is basically split the jobs into three parts:

1) My FH's parents' guests
2) My parents'guests
3) FH and my guests

We decided to let everyone handle their own lists - as long as everyone keeps within the no. of allocated tables. We'll only ask for the namelist after all the RSVP is done. :D

Play taichi and delegate. heheh.

OH yah... and the kids part. A bit of a headache.

There will be some kids at the wedding because some of our cousins are pretty young, but not that many.

The main problem is... my dad's eldest sis has many, many kids (my cousins) and they're all at least 10-20 years older than I am. Which means she has many, many grandkids (my nephews and nieces).

I would love for my cousins (and their spouses) to be there, and I don't mind my elder nieces too, but having the rest of the young children would be quite scary cos there are so many of them and there are not enough tables! Plus they're another generation altogether.

How do you make this rather blatant statement subtle?

"We'd rather you not bring your little kids along."

feb

Hi bride to be

Thank you hor....Keep me updated on what are the theme u used for the hotel deco hor...

Hi Yve

Glad that you manage to have the outdoor shot as well...No need to go down another time...Anyway how is the overall? Fun rite?

yve

bride-to-be, no night shots lah.. finished everything and back at shop at 6.. after that, it poured.. So glad that we are finished..

Feb, tired uh..
happy.gif
Hope pics will turn out good lor..

u working today uh?

feb

Yve

ya lor...Me still working today...Sob Sob Sob...

Dun worry lah...photo sure turn out nice one..Did Keith go with u as well? Wow u finish your shot very fast leh..Back to the shop at ard 6 pm ..so early..

yve

feb, yep, Keith went with me.. he was assistant camera man too.. and i got very very wet at the beach.. and we took hubby's car cos not sure if we are gng outdoor and the cab was cancelled. should ask for refund hor.. :p

maybe cos it was raining and raining, so just want to finish everything quick..

feb

Yve

Hahaha...Happening leh....Can imagine how kan cheong all of you are praying to have the shoot all done before it rain...anyway sure you will like the photo lah..When you going for your selection?

sleepy

Hi LT

wow...tomoro is your big day...hope all the things go well for you!
happy.gif

My wedding next Saturday...abit frightening...

Cherubies, good for you! I have not even book my honeymoon...aiyo...panic liao...

maya

Hi LT, congrats! And enjoy yourself!

Sleepy, you're not eh only one who haven't booked honeymoon yet, me too! Worse, having lots of arguments with FH abt all these final details.....don't understd why men think that things will somehow miraculously fall into place nicely w/o effort.....!!!

wedsoon

Hi gals,
I have been MIA for a long time. Me also working today.....It will be a good day to sleep this morning.... sob .... sob.. How is everyone? Seem that most of you had completed your PS. I guess I will be the last few to have the PS..mine will be on 15 Sep..a long way to go and have yet went for my 1st fitting too. Me still feeling quite relax too. When are gals going to collect your invitation cards? Me thought of going to collect next month so that got time to print and invite my overseas frens.

hi matka, you made me laugh with your last statement! I think it'll be tough to discourage them from bringing the kids. maybe taichi that job to your parents? come up with some excuse like you've got limited table space etc.

I attended a friend's wedding once ... she HATES kids, absolutely hates them. So she indicated on her invitation card that she has booked a Tumble Tots playroom near by, where McDonalds food will be served and all maids and children are welcome to join in the celebration of her marriage by playing with many other kids. It was quite well receieved, and she achieved her maid-less and children-less wedding dinner. Additional expenses on her side of course!

Yup, 4 Oct is supposed to be a very very auspicious date according to my mum in law. It;s the 9th day of the 9th month in the chinese lunar calender. Supposed to be excellent for weddings. Guess that explains why ... then again, there's always a surge in weddings immed after the ghost festival dun u think?

Hi vio, i need some wedding ang pows but will need to check the koolgift ones out first. how soon do u intend to buy them? I want to wait for the design of my wedding invitiation cards to be out first before i decide whether to custom make ang pows or buy ready made ones. Can i come back to you later on this ang pow thing?

Everyone enjoy your weekend!

snoopy

Hi Hi to all oct brides,

Me 2 Oct brides... heehee: ), so everyone here is finalising thier guestlist yar... me also had a big headache from my PIL side.. so- unco-operative leh!...: (

eeeh, can i join in the gang ... to countdown the last three mths?

Vio

I also interested in the red packet but don't need so many, but i prefer 107 leh,... me going down to collect my toy for the car today at kooi, will go down take a look again at the angbao...

hi snoopy!

welcome welcome!
which day in oct are you a bride of?

rushing off now, talk on monday!
anyway just read that there is some international hackers competition going on worldwide tomorrow. so minimise surfing the web, so these people are out to hack websites and personal pcs of those online.

B

bride-to-be

hi feb

dun worry..keep u update asap.

hi yve
so u r quite fast hor.luckily u manage to finish it time.wat u mean by u book a cab?u book a cab for OD?

hi wedsoon
mine is even longer way..after u..26 sept!

sakurasan

Hi LT

Rest well and enjoy urself tomorrow...I got married on 6 July 2002 - it's my anniversay tomorrow!
biggrin.gif

I was so excited that I couldn't sleep the nite before....

sleepy

Hi Ladies

I finally upload my photos. Thanks to Maya! A few only lah...cos after that I got problem uploading.

Drop me ur email if u want...

kare2711

All
I think we better book early. Since SO is not working on Monday too, we decided to have a date on Monday (so excited; can't wait). I called on Friday to book for Monday and was told it's fully booked! So I booked Equinox instead.

And by the way, I checked the papers, thanks to May's information, and the Plaza Market Place serves Peranakan food. Should be good!

25th July is a very good day for me
happy.gif

kopibean

hi gals,

I'm back frm my PS!!!
Yve, is really unlucky tat it rains on our PS day.
Lucky thing is it drizzle a bit at ard 4pm...
Me went out at 4pm to have my outdoor...
really enjoy myself....hee...
Hav seen some of my photos...must say tat my photographer really capture it very nice even though it rains...

We went to Clarke Quay and East Coast Park for outdoor...

Bride-to-be,
thks for ur prayer...but too bad it still rains.
Nevermind, the photos still turn out great!!

Will show you gals once photos are ready!!

B

bride-to-be

hi kopibean

paiseh..prayer not answered :p
must show when photos come out hor!!!!

wen

Hi Leo29,
Thanks for the info...
Is the course very xiong? I dont have much stamina. Can stop half-way... will people laugh???

Guess what? My husband found another excuse for not going again. He said "Dont worry! Suit can be made within 24 hours! So dont have to do it so early"... I want to faint liao!!

wen

Hi Wedsoon
When will be your first fitting? Mine is likely to be around 14 Aug and PS on 30 Sep. So feeling a bit sian sian now... nothing much to do leh....

Have your hotel called you? Normally when will they call for collection of cards, food tasting etc???
Any idea, gals???

B

bride-to-be

hi wen

normally if u go to the printer which is recommended by ur hotel then the printer will get the cards from the hotel for u.this is wat Jasvy printer did for me.As for the food tasting,u can arrange it wif ur hotel which is normally 1 to 1.5 mth.

wen

Hi Bride-to-be,
You have printed your cards? wow, that's early.
How much do they charge? Do we have to go to the one recommended by hotel? Will it be cheaper?
Maybe i should start checking w the hotel on invitation cards. At least, get some of the things done so closer to wedding, less things to worry.
Thanks!

B

bride-to-be

hi wen

i have went down to Jasvy & confirm the printing matter but i haven't print out yet.most likely by next few week,i have the printing done.
i wan to do it earlier so tat have more time to write the invitation cards & tie the insert with the cards.
i can't recall how much.i think it's quite a reasonable price.so long as the diff. is not much,i choose location tat is nearer to my hse.

shook

Jazz
Of coz it is not my fault!! I mean the heaven made things difficult for me, even on my once in a life time honeymoon
sad.gif
Then angry
25533.gif

Pausini
I m not a Sunshine girl. I melt under the sun.
Gd dat your appetite is back to normal. U can enjoy buffet wif us.

BabyVon
U dun have to apologize. It is not your fault. Juz act of god. Even insurance dun cover 4 dat
rofl.gif

My Bintan trip is a great relax - eat, play, laze ard. I put on wt fm tis trip. It is only 3 days 2 night. Gotta work out
crazy.gif

May
I shld b able to make it at 6:15pm on 25th Jul.

jady

hi makta,

4th is a gd day but if u follow the traditional rules, this day 'chong' with those born in the yr of dragon, so yr ah yi/his 'brothers' shd not b dragon.

hi vio, hows yr ps tat time?

just finished my outdoor ps yest. phew! gd weather...finally over though me & hubby feel so awkward trying to smile!keke

cherubies

Sleepy,
morning!
i would like to see your pixs too... my email is [email protected] thanks!

how's the countdown this week? excited?

maya,
how's your side this week? yours will be in two weeks time... so fast...

we just collect our air tixs over the weekend and travel documents. we will be going to europe with insight tours for 24 days (tho 4 days on our own in london). looking forward to my hm. i need a break.
happy.gif

hi jady, har? really? i heard that it chong with tigers and horses. Ironic ... coz my MIL chose the date saying that it's a good day for those born in year of dragon ie me and hubby. Hmm .... never mind lah. Date set already, there's NO WAY i am going to change it now!

Jady! Yesterday was lovely weather for outdoor shots! Takes some getting used to taking photos outdoor with everyone looking and staring right?

Hi snoopy, no lah, my nick 1027 doesn't mean i'm getting married on 27 oct. I'm getting married on 4 oct instead ... hahahaha, sorry for confusing you there!

jady

hi 1027,

then i dunno leh..cos i went to ask a temple lady who always provide service of calculating these dates taking into a/c our lunar birthdates. we also make sure none of our family members 'chong' us tat day.

vio

hi jady,

my ps last wed went well but we braved e drizzle for outdoor shoot wen arrived at changi (e green juz opp airplanes landing ground)n the beach outside safra.

i'll go for pix selection nxt mon - hopefully able to get hold some n put it on web for viewing. hv been upset w bridal shop on photo thingy - they dun allow me take candid shoot on our own w gowns for keepsake (juz like wat cookiecorgi shown us).