(2003) Brides of year 2003

are

serene... i bought dunlopillo. agree with the rest that you really need to try. i tried tis one and the rest juz felt inferior from then. its extreme comfy cos its 10inches thick! ;P hehehe... me used to sleeping on hard beds cos i hv bad back so tis one supports really well. but can't rem model cos hubby has the invoice. sorrie... we bought it @ $1,100.

i lied down on each mattress & got hubby to 'jump' on the other side to make sure the support is gd!
happy.gif
hehehe... nobody will stop you one, cos they will all say their mattress is gd! ;P

clyne

Hello,

Going 4 my 2nd fitting cum trial later..almost forget to bring my shoes but forgot totally abt the invoice..=(

Serene,
yup, yup bought the simmons bed but not from robinsons.. b4 buying one, must try 1st..
if your hotel/rest cannot cater to more tables, tell her nicely..For my case, we din tell any of our parents the max no of tables the ballroom can hold so if we find they increase too much, we just say max table reached liao
biggrin.gif

ava

clyne
happy.gif

th's a gd strategy ;)

hv fun at the trial!
happy.gif
take some pics and post okie
happy.gif

meow ;)
hee he eh ;) getting old
happy.gif
sorry!
happy.gif
thanks for forcing me to go get the refund or else i'll be lazy lazy ;)

sue

Hi May, thanks for yr concern. My wedding went very smoothly. I'm still waiting for my actual day photos. They are not ready yet, most likely should be next wk. The one getting married is my Sec classmate & we used to hang out in school & keep in touch till now. So a group of us will be making a trip to BK to attend her wedding. Ok, will not miss the shop you mentioned. That's our intention too...to buy some cheap & nice things for the house.

It is very nice of Barnabas to give you the soft copy. U mean initially you hv to pay for them?

clyne

ava,

they dun allow me to take pics leh..they scared we dun buy extra pics from them which we are going to do that..
lame.gif

cath

Hi cookie,
wah.. you look really sweet.. every angle looks so perfect for u.. i cant stop saying 'wow..wow..' at every picts.. like amerline and 1027, i really envy yr slim figure too...

vivace

hi cookiemz

same here... anyway, i hv called up the rest. they said tat the printing will b quite fast, usually can collect it within a mth... tat's y not so worry
wink.gif

do rmb to share ur photo wif us! and do rmb to set a budget for the additional pages...

hi lisa
same here oso...
happy.gif

annmelody

Wow gals,

All of you very organised leh....think me been a bit too relaxed and exhausted over the stupid house reno that wished my wedding not so soon already.

I have really yet decided on my wg design....happen to be a bustier but do not know what details.... can give me some suggestions?

For wedding...anyone here going to rent a projector to show montage?

huh....sorry so many questions as me starting to panic already. got contacts for printing of cards, tailor,buying of traditional wedding stuff and so on.....?

Thanks a lot leh....

cookiemz

hi vivace,

we have done the pics selection.. very agonising process coz need to balance budget and expectations of the bridal shop.. hehehe.. in the end we succumbed and topped up 2k+.. heart pain now :p they better give us something good!! ;)

hi maro,

i have not been to australia other than perth, so can't help you, sorrie.. but i juz came back from NZ and the place is great!!
happy.gif

hi shirsweetiepie,

have you taken your PS yet?

hihi lisa..
happy.gif

M

mt

Hi ann,
I have alot of suggestions! LOL!

Bustier can have different "necklines"- my personal faves,
1. Assymetrical (one side higher before it dips to normal decency). This is good if you have broad straight shoulders- softens to less angular look.
2. Sweetheart (soft not the sharp V-dip at cleavage)
3. V-dip (can use sheer material for V-dip at cleavage... peek-a-boo!)
4. Gentle curve (classic)
Can have different "detailing",
1. Lace applique (easy, cheaper than full lace)
2. Hand-painted (must see SKILL!)
3. Hand embroidered (must see SKILL! Designer draws outline and the best send to India et al for actual sewing... I think abit rushed for you?)
4. Machine embroidered (difference is the pattern more standardised but looks good too)
5. Beading (must see SKILL!)
6. Or special patterns of tulle, organza etc sewn on. Some can be soft, some can be wired at edges to hold the form.
Waistline
1. Empire line just under bust. Emphasises bust, for already busty can look abit too much. Or, you can have your detailing along this "empire line" and still define your waist with the follwing,
2. V-shape waist (slimming, abit "older style")
3. Curved
4. No waist would be A-line panels from top of bustier to skirt hem. Taller look but hard to "see" where the waist is, if you get what I mean.
Skirt
1. A-line
2. Ballgown
3. Mermaid
Material (can mix top and bottom, or organza layered over satin, or duchess satin cut out at parts and replaced with lace)
1. Duchess satin more formal, regal
2. Organza, tulle this type more floaty
3. Lace can be abit ageing

Request to try each of the above, see which you like, then mix and match into your dream gown, check with designer if it all gels together.

Projector
1. check with Hotel. Mine has it. Some FOC, some charge.
2. check with Photographer. Some have videography and have montage services which means they probably know where to rent projector.

Printing
1. Try www.tdragoncards.com (or something like that) they have a showroom at City Hall vicinity, convenient. You only need printer 3 mths before banquet. (1.5 mths to discuss and cock-up if any. 0.5 mth to write invits, 1 mth to send and RSVP.)
2. You might want to do list first and hunt down names, addresses, contacts (esp. relatives!)

Tailor
1. Groom's shirts can try Vanda at 3rd flr above Cold Storage at Holland Village. $55 for shirt. They do cheongsam & suits if you want, no idea how much, how good.

may

maya: thanks for sweet comment, u made my day.

Sue: I am not too sure as well, i think so. But i know he told us he will give the soft copy foc.
He took additional 4 rolls but only charged us 3 rolls. So he was really nice.

u going to shop like crazy in bangkok, i cant wait to go back in Sept or Oct.

lisa

Hihihi gals

Do you gals need contact on printing invitation cards?

I jus printed with a printing company located in Kallang.I haven't collected yet but i met up with the boss and they do print invitation cards. I also print my church invitation cards with them so received the draft pretty speedy & good service.

Rates are cheaper than other well-known printing firms.

meow

Bride-to-be,
I DIY the corsage. Me loves handicrafts, and its real simple. Of course with the help of Ava too. She thought me how to too. But the flowers and ribbons are buy ones. Jus put them together and it's a corsage.
happy.gif

MT,
Saw the link you sent to us. You wanna put some of them on yahoo?

meow

Bride-to-be,
Thailand as well. Maybe i'm a thailand kid to them, that's why Ava and Grace wish that i can go there again.

annmelody

MT,

real grateful to you :p
My gown shape is out already... it A-line semi circle gown in ivory full duchess satin with a curved waist line.

but details dun know leh...think maybe crystal

serene

Hi cookie,
Yr pixs are lovely!! Yr gowns are goregeous too...Envy..mine quite disappointing..but save money cos no need to develop so much...
happy.gif

Hi Jady,
enjoy yr PS tomorrow
happy.gif

Hi Ammerline, Me also thinking of going NZ ..waiting for the Tour Fair to come in Aug/Sep?

Hi Ladies,
Any one keen to meet up in 2nd week of Jul?
Say 9-10 Jul? sory abt the delay in arranging the meeting cos been too busy these past few mths..but put on weight cos binge alot after my PS. Now, must go jogging to tone up..cut down on food intake too.

Serene

cookiecorgi

hi all...

thank you soo much for your compliments!!! you gals really make my day... thanks again!!

Actually i think my make up artist did a really good job for me... I really like the way she style my hair to match the gowns... she's really good i think. I like my outdoor hairdo most.. she actually placed some fresh orchids on my hair... which i tot was really nice!!

I signed with J&M Photography... and my gowns were all OTR... cos tot of exchanging my mtm gown for more photos instead. I am quite lucky to find some nice gowns... and I haven decided if I am going to wear those gowns for actual day.. cos i only need to choose 1-2 mths before. my hubby will prob be tailoring a suit for the actual day too.

Jady, the swing is near the small church in the orchid garden area in Sentosa. Adrian, my photograher took us there. Good luck to your photoshoot tmr!! Will pray for good weather for you!!
happy.gif
Remm to have fun!!

M

mt

Hi Ann,
Oic, what about,
1. Duchess satin with centre patches cut out and replaced with lace.. quite sexy.
2. Crystal beading- can have it randomly scattered or in a flower pattern? Pearl abit ageing but goes well with duchess satin.
3. Or Embroidery- I saw a nice piece at Dang in duchess satin with machine (I think) embroidery all along hem. Another piece at Amanda was tiny bit of embroidery in grey-silver thread- very striking compared to most white-ish gowns.
If A-line then keep it simpler :p don't make fussy detailing.

Can't wait to see
happy.gif
Sigh, mine even skeleton not out yet :p Only get to see my cocktail dress this Sat (she's doing each gown at 2 weeks interval). They keep saying my gowns very complicated... I don't think so leh...?

seashell

Hi vivace

busi recently with work, my bridal shop is Golden Horse, will be collecting my card said this weekend.
The printer i went to is 'Jasvy' at Kallang Bahru.

Hi maro

my wedding's too fall on 20 sept 2003,

jus

Hi Jady,

Enjoy your PS today!!!
N have FUN

Hi Serene,

I m fine with the dates… no problem…
Glad that we would be having another outing!
Can also exchange notes… hee hee

Hi cookicorgi,

Wah… OTR also look so nice…
You are right, then can exchange your MTM gowns for more pix!!!

A

amerline

hi Serene,

i am okie with both dates! i have also been bingeing after my PS, really got to go back for my slimming course. heehee

yup yup me oso waiting for travel fair to pick up some good bargains!! i think its in sept.

hi jady,

have fun at PS!

hi jus,

i would be selecting my photos end this week. confirm i am only taking 25 pixs from the package. sigh....

hello!!

wow! a gathering ?? both dates are ok with me. let me know! maybe we can all bring our PS photos to share ....

Jady - have fun & SMILE !!!

Amerline - wah! you really exercised alot of self-control ah !!! 25 from the package, and you're not buying any additional ?? I reprimanded myself coz i told myself initially when i signed up for the package that 20 is sufficient ... in the end i bought additional 22 photos!

A

amerline

hi 1027

budget lah, or else where got self control! love my pictures so much, so my actual day i make sure i snap more pics to make up the difference heehee

and honeymoon oso must have lots of pictures, so my PS & actual day & honeymoon shall complete my entire collection. heehee like this count that i have plenty of pics to stare at already.

pausini

Hi girls,
Sorry on MC these two days. Gastric problems again... For those who doesnt know. I am Pregnant! :p

Now my hubby told me may be cannot go bangkok liao. Cos his mgr got to go on leave for 2 weeks to remove his piles and after that my hubby have to attend a series of courses to get himself ready for the oversea mission to setup some system oversea at Thailand and HK.

He is also going for reserve on Sept to Oct.
That leave us no time to travel, and by the time he is quite settle down i am in labour due. How to go!!! One good things is he will be getting back his orginal pay next month. That is still a good news to us. At least the burden is lighter then.

Sue: sorry to hear abt ur grandma. Why ur photographer take so long to develop ur pix?

May: MIL is generous but she is over protective of her two sons. So sometime feel that they are still very dependent on their mother. However, if not so we wldnt get so much support from her. Financially and mentally, so good and bad lah.

My hubby very clever also, he want us to maintain good relationship with his mum so next time when we go oversea she can help us to take care of our children.. hahahaha...

oh goodness you're right !!!!
i must be mad to have soooooo many photos !

uh-oh ... better not tell my hub about it in case he starts nagging at me!

wah liew ... i feel very broke suddenly. uh-oh.....

S

serene sng

hi gals,

Thanx for the bed advice!!!
Will be going this sat to take a look...!! but have to see how it go!!

Meow,
Wht is your sealy range har??? Also, for yr corsage, where you buy the flowers??

jus

Hi Amerline,

Wah.. like what 1027 says…
You are very disciplined…
Choosing only 25 photos…

Me n FH have browsed thru the photos n planning to choose about 60 (30 pix more than what we are allocated!)
Cham…

But then and again, I guess your rationale makes sense as well, not to overchoose n in the end, end up in the cupboard…
But, sigh… me being me… cannot help it…
Look at wat happen to my other new CS that I bought from TC…
See-lar… spent so much!

Envy the discipline that you have!!!

haw haw haw haw haw !!
jus ... i echo your sentiments !!!!!

I also splurged by buying more outfits after my first PS. My original EG made me look awful, so did the kua. So i ended up tailoring anther 2 more outfits !

From not wanting any studio photography initially to having so many, i must say i have absolutely no control !!!

Ahhhhh !!! CHAM SEE LAH !!!!!!!!

A

amerline

hi 1027 & jus

not that i am disciplined, but really on tight budget. me and FH only started work a couple of yrs and both of us still studying, so got a lot of financial commitments at the moment. so cannot afford the best of everything.

So just have to think positive! I was moping ard the hse for a few days over the pics as well heehee maybe I shall go back and take pics every 5 yrs and see my family grow hahahahaha

hi ladies,

got job lobang to recommend? i wanna look for some event planning or customer service jobs... sick and tired of doing accounts already and of my company......

hmm, can't remember the nick of one of the oct brides here who work for The Flying Dutchman's event mgt company. She said that there was an opening, but that was some time ago.

Maybe you want to try surfing over to his website?
Can't remember the website either, but you can try using a search engine.

amerline, dun fret. I think many of us here are on budget too. All weddings are expensive in singapore, and which girl won't want the best of everything? You already sound very positive, so dun be upset!

Hey! I thot of that too!!! Going back to take studio pics every 5 years! Great minds think alike eh?
happy.gif

M

mt

Hi Ann,
I don't know leh... sigh.

My cocktail dress is simple cutting, I only asked them on Mon if they can rush (so can collect earlier for mum to add beadings if necessary), they said can deliver this Sat. They are charging me specially discounted workmanship of only $150, I bought my own Arab St lace beaded material and satin lining $180. The cloth retailer was surprised a Bridal Shop will charge me so low esp. when they are handling beaded cloth (more work when cutting and sewing). I was ready for the Bridal Shop to just sew and throw it back at me- but nicely surprised that designer said she wants me to be fitted for that dress, to see if anywhere needs to be amended on Sat
happy.gif

As for my WG, I think they have other customers so backlog... but they had also offered me a pretty good discounted price of $600 despite a certain amount of lace applique and beading.

The EG was the one they complained. They had made a similar WG version- quite reluctant due to the extra work... but I already wanted less beading than their earlier version leh. Funny thing my EG works out to be more ex than my WG... $700.

OTR suit is $100 and it looks passable to me, but of course cannot compare to several hundred dollars MTM suit.

But I still worry cos first fitting is just a skeleton... must give enough time for any detailing and beading before my Photoshoot in August. Still cutting too close to my Photoshoot in case of cock-ups anywhere
sad.gif
I will ask her to bring forward my schedule by one week, or else I really can't stop worrying.

meow

Serene,
The Sealy model we bought is Venice. The flowers are from Thia, ribbon from arab St. I thought i reply Bride-to-be on the same question?

maro

hi seashell,

I think alot of people getting married on 20th Sept. How did u choose this date? btw, how old r u and yr partner?

I'm thinking of either to give to the printer that my hotel recommend or to go t-dragon to print my inserts. Any better recommendations?

Cheers

meow

Oh no, today is Crayonshinchan's photoshoot and its raining
sad.gif

Are,
Tomorrow's yours right? How? Gone for your mani?

may

Pausini: hope u r feeling better now. cant u tag along when ur hubby go to thailand to set up e system?

u lucky that your MIL is generous not all like this ok.

tell...u something very upsetting. i lost one side of my diamond earing, hubby bought for me for me for Christmas 2 years ago. i like it very much and i just dont know when i drop it. tried looking for it at home but cldnt find. i only realise that it is no longer in my ear lobes when ui was done washing my face after my bath. but it iwas not in bathroom.

it was not very ex nor cheap...but i really like it...now got to buy a pair to replace. I dont think they sell one, right?

Karen shld be back tomw, hor? U know when Jazz and Shook be back...yah...once they are back, we can meet up...

pausini

May:
Still the same, heard all the bad sympton will go off at 14 wks and i still have 2 more wks to reach that. I really hope i have better appetite. U know for another 2 wks i lost another 2kg. Told my hubby abt it, he said i never eat so always lost weight. So sian, not that i dun want to eat is i cant eat. Today i just finished half of my food that i order.

Actually can tag along, his mgr also told him that i can come along only that i need to pay my own airfare, hotel will be with my hubby and meals my own lor.. see how lor if i feel better i may want to go also.

U wear ur earing to bed? could u have drop it there. best way is to use a vacumm cleaner to vacumm the whole house unless ur diamond earing very big else very difficult to find.

Or it is another good time for ur hubby to get ur another pair of earing lor...

oh karen back tm?? that is great, dun know how is the rest now?

jus

Hi Amerline n 1027,

Yeap, as 1027 mentioned, can try the Flying Dutchman recommended by one of the forum contributor within this thread…

That’s a good idea! (to take photos every 5 years)
Can always take ‘chuen jia fu’ hee hee…
By then, think most of us would have baby liao…

Amerline,
You are in accounting as well?
Me too, but got out of audit oledi…
Can’t survive there…
Pay n increment is good but so is the stress level!!!
You are not in audit line, are you?

A

amerline

hi jus

i hate audit, i told myself i will never ever be an auditor again after my industrial attachment during sch days.

i am currently doing accounting hehehe but I am more of a service oriented person. cannot be desk bounded. so looking for a more hands on kind of job.

ally

Hi all,

a big welcome to all those who came to this thread for the first time recently!
happy.gif
always nice to see new faces here and share with each other since our weddings are only 3 months away.

just an update on my part. had my PS yesterday and i must say it was a tiring experience but really fun! my selection of photos will be 2 weeks later and i can't wait to see how they turned out. hope i can control myself and not select too many
happy.gif

shir... when exactly is your PS?

jus

Hi Amerline,

Oic…
I felt that audit is so-so…
Get to meet different kinds of people n companies…
(of course-lar… when meet nasty client, then cham lor!!!)
learn a lot of things…
but, cannot tahan the stress level n the unpredictable working hours!
Hee hee, that’s why I got out…

Did you try the ‘flyingdutchman’ thingy?
They maybe looking for people…

may

pausini: tahan 2 more weeks, u will be eating like a cow. hehe...

wow, u one week lose 1 kg...tat is ok..it is also that all your food is now share w baby so u got no appetite all the food go to bb, none to u and u lose weight loh.

yr hubby mgr so nice...not all companies allow spouse to come along for business trip u know...

mine one, the HQ do not encourage but my local MD says it is ok...so i dont care...but then hubby very busy not all the time also come along.

maybe i shld empty my vaccuum cleaner to check...i was doing household chores then after that shower. no, not on the bed..i look for it already.

Time to buy new one...not really...we so broke after wedding and honeymoon...plus next month must pay car insurance and road tax...sian.....

B

bride-to-be

hi all

wonder where crayon went for her PS.it's raining,no lighting for OD PS.