(2003) Brides of year 2003

july

Maya, tks for sharing the photos, it's very nice really envy your slim figure. I find that you look like one hongkong actress in the kua but i don't know the name. Which bridal shop did you sign up with ? The bar counter looks familiar.

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

ava
Wht happen to your mattress...?? can share??

gals,
can tell me wht mattress brand are better??
Simmons or Sealy???
Advise please??
Then wht should guys buy har?? tailor wht suits??

MT,
MEtro got low back meh?? wht brands?

S

serene sng

aiyoh... leave out meow..
Meow,
where is your corsages sample???
want to take a look...

M

mt

Hi Serene, erm I can't recall the brand about $70 thereabouts, it's called lowback style but really is MID-back. It's ok if your gown back dips abit but not Divine Couture lowback style lah.

Idea of corset is to firm the tummy and posture, so too lowback corset won't work. Blush designer Ping explained that even if figure don't "need", he recs corset so that posture will be nice and regal for photography.

are

feb... me hoping will relax too. now a bit stressed cos my frens kept saying need someone to tag along but i can't find anyone to go w me.

me actually wanted to go sentosa oso, but decided to give up cos i want to take the beach of my 2nd dinner, so no pt go sentosa. we've discussed a few places w bridal & decided we shall see tat day how. will be going spottiswood park, marina south, elias park. hope can take all the shots tat i want...

maya

Hi Jul, I'm with CC/InWedding.......there's a whole bunch of ladies v active in the CC thread.....

maro, are you a Jul bride??

are

oh btw feb... juz in case you wer wondering how come i can go so many places, its cos i oni hv outdoor. but bridal wants to keep to ard 4-6hrs max, cos they say v tiring. so i'm starting oni in the afternoon.

are

feb... i actually hv 2 dinners. think some of the gals see me repeat until want to punch me liao! ;P the 2nd dinner is by the beach, in a pub. so i want to take some pics there cos actually dinner too dark to take pics liao.

i oni hv outdoor cos i opt to. din want studio.

M

mt

BTW Serene, the corsets I saw at Metro Marina.

If you are still looking for tailored shirts- I saw a tailor recced elsewhere this forum, dragged my HB there and we've just collected the shirt.

First time tailor shirt, no idea whether good or not hahah. But less hassle than combing through the sales (I got headache trying, and his arms always too short need to alter which is only $2-4 lah but troublesome lah).

$55 Vanda tailor 3rd floor (above Cold Storage), Holland Village. Incl. cloth- he has a variety. We chose,
* a textured silver-grey cloth,
* mandarin collar (no need tie! But this is for night- his day shirt ie. his ROM shirt still have tie lah. Different looks but same suit. Themes with my silver kua better in a modern way.)
* Cufflink type of cuffs (need to find cuffs, sigh)
* Breast pocket with hidden pen pocket (I have a thing for the pen pocket ahaha).

cin

Hi girls,

My wedding dinner is over! so glad i can heave a sigh of relief...everything went well, glad i chose the correct hotel, videographer, makeup artist and photographer. Everyone was full of compliments for the videos we made, and thought our photo albums were very good. Thank goodness everything is over! Now can go enjoy honeymoon liao...heh heh

priviledged

Hi June brides, guess most of you will be done with your celebrations by now. This may be my last posting here cos this is my last day coming to work and i can't seem to log onto this forum at home.
So to all of you here, best wishes for a wonderful and fulfilling life ahead!

ava

Meow
happy.gif

thanks got back 57
happy.gif

Serene
nothing happened
just that Robinson sale drop their prices 1wk after Meow and me bought so we go and ask for refund of the prc dif.
happy.gif

cookiecorgi

Hi KK,
i jus chked out your pictures... you really look v nice in your kwa... your kwa is the mordern kind.. look like a cheongsam actually... very very nice... i think you shd choose that as your teadress...

Hi jus/1027, thanks for your reply... my nite shots were pretty brief.. cos it was quite late already... the ps ended at about 8plus.. and i was feeling really hungry.. so relieved after my ps that i went to pig out!! haha.. in fact, for the past few days.. i have been taking revenge... eat like a pig!! haha

hahahaham eat while you can.
i think abt 1mth nearer to the wedding cannot eat like pig anymore!

wah! 8+?? Your stamina is v good! Both my photoshoots ended at 5+ / 6 and i was already like a log of wood! Totally motionless !!

i too, indulged in ice-cream after the photoshoot.
in fact, just yesterday i ate ice-cream after lunch and dinner!

oh no .........

jus

Hi cookicorgi,

Saw your photos… You look beautiful…
The first gown (EG, rite? Ivory?) looks very elegant…
Mermaid cut, isn’t it…
Very nice…

Would your hubby be wearing the light brown/ beige suit on the actual day?
Unique!
Normally grooms would wear dark coloured suit!

wow !!! cookiecorgi, nice nice nice nice nice !!!

which bridal boutique and photographer did u go to?

nice nice nice!

maro

hi maya..
sorrie.. i'm not jul bride. I'm sept bride. Would like to find out more on card printing and stuffs..
If you mind sharing with me, it's okie.

Thanks

maya

dun think I'm much help with cards/inserts. Restaurant provided bulk, I went to buy ready made blank cards for the extras. I bought in Tecman ($26) for abt 50 cards. DId the wordings inside myself and got it printed as the cards can be run thru the printer.......

fishball

hi cookiecorgi,
long time no see! I also saw yr pics. U are really GORGEOUS! Love yr pics and gowns. Great choice of designs n bridal boutique!
happy.gif

cookiemz

hi maya,

thanks for sharing. i like your pictures, very natural, especially your table top pic and the one with your natural short hair! ya, like july, i also envy your slim figure... i look so round in my photos that my grandma asked me who the gal in the pics were!! heehee..

did you add more photos? is it the traditional 1 pic per page kind? i'm doing my final selection of photos today and hope i dun get pressurised into topping up ;P

maro

Hi cookiemz..

Just collected my cards fromthe hotel last friday..Now looking around for printers. Might be printing the cards in these 2 weeks time. Coz trying to book tour packages 1st.
Have u done yours yet?

meow

Ava,
Not bad huh? Better than me lah.

Serene,
you wanna see my corsage huh? later when home then i put on yahoo? Or you can see others in yahoo too you know

cookiemz

hi maro,

nope, haven't collected the cards yet. think i have to do it next week and get them printed before the 7th month.

when's your big day? where are you going for honeymoon?

cookiemz

hi vivace,

haven't done anything after PS and that was 2 months ago! getting lazy.. but i'm selecting the photos tonight ;) ops, i better call my banquet mgr soon, seems like i'm behind time..

maya

Hi cookie, no my pckg is 30 pics and I didn't add. Yes it's 1 a page. Actually the studio wanted to press me to buy more but I was very very determined not to top up. one bec I'm tight on $$ and 2ndly, didn' think worth it to top up. I think it's terrible to pay $55 for a piece of photo!! Told them all sorts of excuses until they gave up on me....!

Slim? ok lah, but wld like to lose in some places lor......women never satisfied one...

maro

Hi cookiemz,

My wedding's on 20th Sept 2003.
Intending to book the 8D Goldcoast and Melbourne trip with Chan Brothers.
Any recommendations?

sue

Pausini, I didn't go becos it was postponed to mid-June due to insufficient pax. Then, we made the decision to cancel it & go in Sept instead. So, I was busy with my work & settling the house. My granny was ill & she passed away in mid-June & I thank God that I din go for my honeymoon. I'll be going to Bangkok in early July to attend a friend's wedding & probably do some shopping. When will you be going?

shirsweetiepie

Hi cookiemz

my cards are ready too,will collect it anytime this week.yes, like 2 avoid 7th mth 2.
happy.gif

hei ladies,

wanna know whether are there any nice locations( consists of sea/grass/sky view)beside Sentosaof course, 4 my PS session??
any recommendations? ;)

jady

hi cookie!!

u r so sweet & pretty & of cos i envy, really envy yr slimness!

ya, i like the 1st EG too, which is yr actual EG & WG?

i tot yr ps place looks like botanic gdn..:p

sentosa got tat swing meh??which part?

mine is tomoro & instd of losing weight, i put on weight! so now i don't like my mtm EG liao cos i look real fat in it. even designer say i MUST slim down fast!! sigh...
I might just b taking a OTR EG for my actual day & waste my mtm EG...
sad.gif
sad.gif

sleepy

Hi Maya

ME WANT TO SEE YOUR PIX!!! Send me! Send me!
[email protected]

Have not been coming in...aiya...busy distributing card...finally done..now my boss ask me why never invite certain manager...aiyo...how? how?

Hi maro/july

Recommend u HT. Did my homework, they are cheap.

Tel 4589455
Address : Blk 4010 AMK Ave 10 #02-01/02 Tech Place 1 S(569626)

Hot Stamp : $80 one time for mould
$0.35 for each piece
8.30 to 5 pm
Sat – 8.30pm to 12.00pm

I went for their normal gold print at $100 + 4 GST for 400 inserts and gold strings

Just a word of caution, make sure u go through your spell check...they are not so English speaking and can sound crude over the phone. But overall they are friendly when I spoke to them in person. Went down on a Sat and Monday they call to say it's ready for collection. Note, they have no fancy paper.

H

hf

Hi all,

Any one planning to tour europe for honeymoon?
Maybe we can book e tour 2gether??

may

pausini: yr hubby really very filial. i hope he discussed with you abt bringing his mom before he told her. agree...traveling with parents or PIL can be quite tiring...

how abt you all try to get someone along too...this way the person can keep your MIL company and then the two of you can go shop when your MIL is tired?

Yr MIL very nice...will still offer to pay...so nice...

Did you discuss w yr hubby abt yr concern if yr MIL comes along to BKK?

Maya: Thanks for sending the link to me. the photos looks great to me too. Ya, u also very slim...ur hubby dont look local and he look tall...

Sue: good to hear from you...so how was yr wedding? Sorri to hear abt yr Grandma...i am glad that you did c yr wedding.

I will email you and Maya the link to c some of the actual day photos that Barnabas has taken. He is really nice..in the end he gave me FOC the soft copy of all the photos in CDs.

Wow..u traveling all the way to Bangkok to attend wedding..hee...enjoy the massages there and shopping...u got to go this shop called LOFT located onthe top floor of Siam Discovery Centre...i bought lots of things there for my house..including clocks...which can so expensive in S'pore..i mean the nice ones.

pausini: if u go Bangkok, visit this shop as well...it is easily accessible via their skytrain..try not to take taxi or their tu tu as traffic can terrible.

S

serene sng

hi gals,

Meow,
I cannot find it yesterday..so ask from you...

Gals,
No one tell me which mattress is good?
\clipart {sad} Ava, wht bed you bought??

I got a big PROB!!! My MIL increase her nos of tables for the banquet after our booking of the banquet...how???!!! \clipart {sad}

A

amerline

hi cookie,

nice gowns, and of coz pretty bride too!! so slim leh, *envious look*

i put on so much weight over the weekend, went binge spree, guess deprived of junk food for too long already.

hi HF,

which part europe u wanna go? actually planned new zealand, but still not made up our minds. go honeymoon oso stress..hahahhaha...woman...

ava

Hi Serene
happy.gif

Dun panic yet okie
happy.gif

Beds:
you really have to go and test the beds!!! I think Robinson is a gd place, they have a variety of brands there.
You need to lie down and find one that suits you & hubby. So go togather and try out
happy.gif
The sales person usually won't pressure you into buying
happy.gif
they will try but at least you'll be able to walk away if you tell them you're just looking
happy.gif

Meow and me, we bought Sealy but diff models and diff size.
Clyne bought Simmons.

poor gal...
usually closer to the date mothers tend to get very excited and indecisive i can't advise you here except just remember to be patient and explain to her calmly and politely okie
happy.gif

Good Luck!
happy.gif

besse

Hi hi serene

aiyo.. mai so sad le.. mattress not yet buy.. so cant advise on brand.. but Simmons like v expensive.. so may juz ditch the idea..

Hmm.. abt the MIL prob.. can your hotel still take the additional no. of tables MIL required? if can, then good.. if cant, then will have to tell her to try to control lor.. or you cut down from frens lor.. no choice la.. juz don worry too much k

As you gals.. did you al buy the mattress with Divan or with a bedframe or custom make a bedframe?

meow

Serene,
Can you try again? I've placed it more obvious. Its Pris corsage under Misc photos. I've added mine for you to view too

Mattress wise, Ava and i bought the same brand and model but diff size lor. Ava made a mistake liao.