(2003) Brides of year 2003

shirlynn

Hi lkf,

No problem, actually I am just doing a favour for my hubby's auntie and also hope that she will charge lower so that both she and all the girls here will benefit

kare2711

Jazz
Yah... so you are going to be leaving for your honeymoon right after your wedding? Really hope I have the time to meet up with you and Shook to exchange information about Italy too.

Almost half of the regular posters have their weddings already
happy.gif
but it's reasonable since it's already mid-May!

All
Yah.. I can see myself logging in too. But mostly, hopefully after our wedding and honeymoon, we will get to meet up and exchange photos!!

K

kk

Hi 1027,

Btw, where can i get the 3M sticky roller? I know there are such things in market, but i haven't got any of them yet. I need it for actual day for the groom and brothers. Else all complain dog fur! hahaha... as my dogs are old, they shed quite a lot
sad.gif

How much is it?

fishball

hi 1027,
hmm... good idea to bring along lint remover, but haven't buy one leh...

hi kk,
the pic I gave them not very clear as EG pattern, so I tot I'll leave it to the designer. She did made an initiative to add more beads where the pic dosen have, but not what I tot I want lor. So I think it's best I sew them myself, provided I find those beads.

Those lint rollers... I think can find near shoes dept or woolen clothes dept rite? Tot I used to see those handing on rack like socks.

kk: you can find lint remover rollers in large supermarkets, Handifix, Homefix, etc. Giant and Carrefour also have them.

If you go to supermarkets, should be in the area of the laundry section.

Eh? not only old dogs shed mah .... mine also sheds alot. Some more his fur coat is long, so the fur that he sheds sometimes rolls into one big ball of fur!

I think if i had collected all his fur and made it into a pillow, it should be nice big and fluffy by now! hahahahahaa...

wendyl

Hi sandgirl72,

My Ps on wed was tiring although i went to 1 place only at Sentoso.

Happy that it over liao,cos stress cannot eat too much.

wendy

piper

Hi wendy,

how's the scenery in sentosa? me also thinking of going sentosa for my PS in july...

how much time did u spend at sentosa?

share share ur experience hor...

sandgirl72

Hi Wendy
Happy for U that U had completed yr PS...
happy.gif

The next step will be looking 4ward to seeing the proof and choosing the photos liao...

since yr PS is over liao, now I hope that yr stress level is reduced and U can eat better.. don't overstress yourself, ok..

take care
happy.gif

vivace

hi ally
tks for ur info... will call them if my bridal turn me down
sad.gif

i hvn't called them regarding the course at the centre yet... will call them to get more info
happy.gif

lkf

Hi Feb

r u still looking for electric table lamps? I saw one with a red lamp shade at Ikea yesterday. The shade cost $6 and the base (silver) is $8. the whole thing cost $14 (without bulbs) so it will be $28 for a pair. u may can go down and take a look since ikea is having its 25th anniversary sale. They also have different lamp shade designs so u can change them in future if the red ones dun match your decor.

think the wedding shop at chinatown also sell those electrical ones but the design is more towards the traditional types and cost around $20.

hope this help

wendyl

Hi sandgirl72 & piper,

The secenery at Sentoso is very beautiful,i only spent around 1hr plus only cos already taken alot in studio.dun want so many,or else later headache when chossing fotos.

Sandgirl72,when are u having ur PS?where u intend to go?

Wendy

meow

Ava, you seen the photos?

Gals i've posted my ROM cum wedding shoes in the group. Wanted to find something similar in Singapore if possible. Else i'll be wearing the same shoes for actual days, then i worry i dirtied it during PS how??
sad.gif

amore

ladies... just received email.. Studio in Centrepoint having SALES for their shoes up to 70%.... so for those who have not find their shoes yet... maybe can go try.. below is the email content...

---------------------------------
STUDIO SHOES SALE PREVIEW
DISCOUNTS UP TO 70% OFF!

BRING THIS EMAIL DOWN TO
STUDIO SHOES @ CENTREPOINT
AND ENJOY 15% OFF NEW ARRIVALS AND
ADDITIONAL 10% OFF SALE ITEMS

SEARCH NO FURTHER FOR BARGAINS
WHEN IT COMES TO SHOES!!!

VALID FROM 14 MAY 03 TILL 18 MAY 03

amore

meow... saw ur shoe... how many inch huh?... for PS i'll bring my actual day shoes and i oso bought an addition one..cheap one... so during outdoor shoot can wear the cheap one... so dirty not so heart pain... i oso planning to wear my normal sandals for PS... walk oso easier... take photo dat time then change...

M

mrs

Hello Sandgirl and the rest of the ladies!

I went for my fitting last Sunday but couldn't update you girls as I fell sick on the same afternoon! I was down with a high fever of 38.5 degrees celcius! Imagine my panick1 Now I'm on MC at home.

Back to the fitting...Dang did some embroidery and beading to my WG already and it was nice! She used some champagne colored beads to enhance the design of the WG. FH likes it very much! But there's still more alteration to be done as my train is slightly too long and needs to be trimmed. And according to Dang, I've also lost some weight too(Yipppeeee!!!!) and so that means altering the sides of the bodice to ensure better fit!

Teadress's beading was also done already. The collar and the collar bone area were decorated very nicely with beads. Beading on the teadress was minimal but I think it should be enough cos I do not want it to look too loud too. I'll think about it again whether to do more beadings or not.

Lastly, the 'problematic' WG! Yes! Finally, the fit is 'near' perfect! No beading or embroidery is done yet but it should be completed by the next fitting. FH still 'has no comment' about it though he did say that it look much better than the last time. So I guess this must be his least favourite piece among the three. Hopefully, Dang can do something to change his mind (Hehehe)

My next fitting will also be my trial make up day with Kelly. Tentatively set on 31 May, still waiting for confirmation. Dang said that I probably have to come for a 4th fitting before myps since I gain and lose weight easily! That's to ensure that I fit my dresses perfectly for my ps!

naturally

Mrs Quake! Gosh, 38.5 degrees! Hope u're feeling better now...

I remember u're having a deep v-cut gown, did i remember correctly? For EG? Very bold and sexy...
happy.gif
So when is your PS? Mine is tentatively set in end June.

peabrain72

Hi gals

If you want a break from the stress of wedding preparation, do drop by Zouk Flea Market on Sunday, 18/5 from 2 - 7 pm. I'll be there, trying to get rid of my barang barang.

See you
wink.gif

meow

Amore,
My shoes 3 inch. Good idea hor, can wear black one? Me sian to get white shoes which i dun wear leh.

Serene,
What songs you refer to? Background, march in? Maybe we try to come up with a list so very one can contribute some

yve

Here's a list of Aussino shops in SG. Website is www.aussino.com

Aussino - Paragon
290 Orchard Road, Unit No. 04-29, Paragon Shopping Centre, Singapore 238859
Tel: 68875718, Fax: 68875717
Aussino - Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road, Unit No.05-04/05, Plaza Singapura, Singapore 238839
Tel: 6336 2982, Fax: 6336 2983
Aussino - Parkway
80 Marine Parade Rd, #04-02 Parkway Parade, Singapore 449269
Tel: 63488639 Fax: 63488469
Aussino - Tampines
4 Tampines Central 5, #03-28 Tampines Mall, Singapore 529510
Tel: 65870048 Fax: 65870042
Aussino - Great World City
1 Kim Seng Road Promenade,
#02-10 Great World City,
Singapore 237994
Tel: 67378919

amore

meow.... think shld be okie... just dun show ur shoe when taking photo can already... but when the photographer wanna see shoe dat time then wear the actual one..

tok abt songs... was listening to the radio this afternoon.. heard this song "I finally found someone" by Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams ... thinking of using it for my march in...

yve.. u noe when the sales will end?

J

jt

hi everyone,

my preparations... got to prepare things meh? i tot parents prepare one? hahha...

anyway, right now i'm having 10 "big heads". i'm suppose to be working but i'm really tired of it.

then there's reno and furniture to worry abt.

I'm so DAMN busy with my work that i have almost no time to settle furniture and any other stuffs.

yet if i take even a day's leave or spend abit of time in reno side, my work will pile up like crazy.

I'm so so so stressed.
sad.gif

very very very tired. Luckily my FH likes to oversee everything coz he knows i'm very tired at work. know he heart pain to see me so tired.

but then... he's also tired mah... i also heart pain....sigh.

why the work soooooo much? i wanna sleep also no time. sigh sigh SIGH.

espresso

hi jt, maybe it's abt time management. i used to hv this feeling too. but when i decided personal time is personal time, work time is work time, i dun get them mixed up. of course sometimes when work is a lot, i use my personal time for it, after tt i compensate it back when work is not so urgent. btw, there's no end to work unless u quit. so, learn to take it easy. when u plan well, u'll work more efficiently.

feb

HI lkf

Thank you so much....Tat info really help me...
rofl.gif

By the way, you mention the wedding shop in chinatown got sell those electric one...what type of wedding shop are you referring to huh....Where is it located...Plan to go down n have a look

feb

Hi Amore

I am also using this Song "I Finally Found someone" for my first march in...I like this song very much and think is appropriate lor...

K

kk

Hi 1027,

Hahaha, yah true, my dog is a corgi so he has longggg fur, and the fur roll into a ball and roll and roll when the wind blows.. pretty er xin at times.. haha.. but then when u see their innocent faces, u won't scold them, will in fact sayang them. hahaha...

yve

Amore,

Can't rem leh, Aussino advertisement was in the papers in Thurs.

Robinson sale gng on now too. There's some bedlinen on sale.

My fh like this song that was sang by kermit the Frog and now by a Jap singer. "Why are there so many songs about rainbow.." Anyway, he is choosing one and I am choosing one, cos got 2 march-in mah..

amore

Feb... ya.. i heard the lyrics.. it's beary nice....

Yve.. thanks!... coz hubby not in town.. wanna see if he'll back just in time for the sales...

grace

morning gals...
so sianz... gotta work...
mayb i will pop down for the shoe sale.. hehehe
need to get another shoe for the evening gown...
most prob will get a black one with diamante...
got lobang?

ally

hi JT... gotta agree with espresso there. it's all about time management. i really sympathise with u but dun over-stress urself ok? it's a reality here in singapore that we have to juggle our work, house reno and marriage preps at the same time when couples decided to get married. it's tough-going but as espresso said, we gotta separate what is personal time and what is work time.

my situation is somewhat the same as urs. my FH and i have to oversee everything for our wedding preps and house reno with no one else to help us. both of us work long hours (my workday can often stretch to 14-15 hours and i sleep only 4-5 hours a nite) and the only time we're free is on weekends. so we just settle everything wedding and house-related on weekends. if really need be, can take 1 day leave to attend to the urgent wedding/house matters. bosses are generally understanding as u've already worked so hard normally and they wun begrudge u that 1 day.

end of the day, do remember... work mebbe impt but not as impt as our future lives together with our FH
happy.gif
I've learnt to prioritise and hence not as stressed as some time back over my work.

do take care and dun stress urself too much ok? afterall, a happy bride makes a beautiful bride!
happy.gif
that said, my stress-related pimples sure cleared up alot after i put less stress on myself!
lol.gif

have a good weekend...
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Kare
Gotta suan those mean ppl to stop their nonsence. Dun show them dat u r sad or angry coz dat is wat they wanna c.
When u going to Italy? Where do u stay?

Hihi Jazz
Sure we meet b4 going to honeymoon. My hubby said he wanna find out more info then have some info to xchange when we meet up. Can sms me after your wedding when we gonna meet.

yve

:, yep, that's it. It slipped my mind lah..

Gers, I got some materials from spotlight to make the jiemei's corsages. Need some experimenting. Think I will need a glue-gun to hold everything in place. Spotlight is selling it at 5 plus. The design is a off-white satin rose surrounded by small pink flowers on a off-white ribbon. May use the same design for the angpow box too.

And got a digital camera with my bro today too. Yeah, can take loads of pictures already. And can take the pictures at the next gathering.

M

mrs

Hi Naturally,

I've recovered now. Thanks for your concern!
happy.gif

Yes, my EG is still with a deep V but Dang has altered it such that it does not show too much now...heheheh cos the material can't seem to 'hold' properly.

My PS is on 18 June. WIll update you ladies with my trial make up on 31 May and then the PS in June. When's your trail?

Wendyl,

Hope you had an enjoyable PS. Let us know when your photos are ready. I'm still thinking about the locations for my ps...got to consider seriously now. Give me some tips and suggestions on what to bring and look out for for my PS, can?

ava

Hello!
happy.gif

yep still awake at this time if anyone is around ;) hee he ehe
happy.gif
so hot can't sleep *sigh*

Meow
happy.gif

yep i saw the shoes already
happy.gif

agree with Amore
happy.gif
wear another pair for the PS and bring the ones you like along
happy.gif

The cake topper is cute also
happy.gif
u really have a lot of time!!!
happy.gif

Ladies...
songs
happy.gif
my fav is What a Wonderful World
happy.gif

actually wanted to use it for the church enterance but i don't think it's allowed
happy.gif
so will use it for the dinner
happy.gif

Finally found someone & Rainbow connection are some of my fav songs too!
happy.gif
i also like songs by the carpenters ;)
actually i'm an old fashion person at heart
happy.gif

Anyway...
not sure if any of you have been to this website...it's really useful
happy.gif
for wedding planning & ideas
happy.gif
it's got almost everything
happy.gif
but it's ang moh
happy.gif

http://www.theknot.com/

enjoy what's left of the weekend!!!
i'll be going to my goddaughter's 1st b'day!
happy.gif

Take care everyone!

We may be declared Sars free soon!
happy.gif
HORRAY!!!
still must take precautions ah ;)

kare2711

Shook
Thanks !!
happy.gif

I'm leaving on 9th June. I'll be doing 4 days Venice, 4 days Florence, 3 days Rome and then 4 days Paris. Where will both you and Jazz be?

jus

Hi ladies,

how's everybody doing?

I am back from both my Penang and local PS
Great, fun but tiring as well!
did not get enough rest at all (have to wake up early for sunrise shots)

my photographer is really fun to work with
his energy level is amazing
both me n FH were already exhausted but the photographer actually push us for more shots... hee hee

I have already seen some of the pix
and they were well-taken (maybe all brides partial to their photos... hee hee)

Amerline,
my photographer commented that my WG, EG and CS look great (so happy! ; ))

sandgirl72

Hi Wendy
As i read this thread, i m getting more panicky.. cos i hv not been to choose my WG n EG design, less talk about PS or trial make up...
sad.gif

Am I too late in the above aspects??
sad.gif

My girl cousin oso had her PS at Sentosa in Apr.. seems tat Sentosa is a hot spot now for PS
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi Mrs Quake
Aiyo... u must take good care of yourself leh.. esp nowadays with the hot weather coming up.. drink more water, eat more fruits and veg.. and most important getting enough sleep...
happy.gif

Cheers

besse

Harros gals..

hmm.. been long since i last came in
happy.gif

Meow,

is your shoes fabric? i dirty can use fabric cleaner to clean rt?? I thinking of getting the cream colored embroidered shoes at Tangs.. think there's some nice one there.. will pop down take a look since it was long time i last shopped!

Hee.. the cake topper nice leh.. you super creative!! If i have time, i rather laze ard at home and zzz.
happy.gif

Ava, Amore, Yve..

*blush*. my bf don quite like the EG.. cos he said the front too revealing.. *haiz.. can oni cross me fingers that it won be so bad after putting on the beadings ..

Serene

We thinking of using *All i Ask of you* from Phantom of the Opera for one of the march in. Else will also consider Cannon in D for the march in..

amore

so fast sunday liao... hmm

ava... so late still habent sleep??... ya yest was super hot and humid!!

besse... tell ur bf... it's once in a lifetime... now dun wear next time no chance to wear already leh!... no occasion to wear those kind of gown...

A

amerline

hi jus!

welcome back!!! it must be really fun! next time meet up must share pix k? my photos will be ready only in Aug bcoz i am taking my time to go select....

M

mt

Hi everyone, think I haven't done an intro yet, just confirmed my banquet date recently, so I guess I'll be a Nov bride
happy.gif

HOME
- Resale corner 18th floor 3-rm in Holland V. Deposit just paid only, waiting for the whole transaction to run through (3 mths).
! Need to renovate, furnish.

ROM
- next Wednesday at ROM building.
- Rings bought and engraved. Restaurant lunch booked. Driver-cum-photographer and videographer friends booked (plus his parents, my mum, a galfriend-cum-driver and us makes 8 pax exactly).
- Daniel Yam dress for me, Agnes B shirt and Springfield pants for him, Ah-lian platform 4 inch shoes for me (which will double for the banquet too).
! He hasn't found a matching tie and I'm beyond caring.
sad.gif

! He proposed but abit of a let-down, asked him to do a proper one... his time is running out though
sad.gif
Disappointed
sad.gif
He's upset that I'm disappointed.

WEDDING THEME
- "Everything's Coming Up Roses!" is the tentative theme. From banquet decor, card, gowns design and bouquet to favours. Originally wanted Palenopsis Orchid theme but that costs a freaking $20 per STALK even at wholesaler... so now going for wholistic roses theme. Even though roses are a tad predictable and boring, I can have as many roses as I want! :D

BANQUET
- Mid Nov weekday 35+2 tables with whole suckling pig dish.
! Need to confirm (still firming up selection between Mandarin, Concorde and Otani).
! Need to decide on own favours (other than hotel's).
! Need to learn how to DIY table bouquets, I want the place BURSTING with flowers (say, 20 wholesale roses with leafy fillers, multiplied 35 tables = hopefully $500 thereabouts. Any higher cost will be hard to explain to FH... he's not flower-crazy the way I am.)

BRIDAL & PHOTOGRAPHY
- Bridal Art in Marina Sq. (1st gowns discussion next Friday end-May, renting MTM wedding gown and evening gown, scheduled ready mid-July).
- 2-day Photoshoot scheduled end-July: 1 traditional series and 1 more experimental series (the half-face far away shots that elders will complain). Photos should be ready early-Nov.
! Need to convert car loan & deco. to buy workmanship of 1 MTM cheongsam for me, 1 MTM evening gown for FMIL (materials we'll buy ourselves).
! Need to rent an old Beetle with decorations.
! Need to rent a KUA for banquet.
! Need to book photographer and videographer friends for banquet.
! Need to ask Make-up artist to do makeup for FMIL (today she asked for it, hehe) and mum.

BACKGROUND
- We only decided to marry in Feb. so alot of things eg. banquet, gowns, photoshoot and home renovations are lagging behind "schedule" of most you ladies here
happy.gif
- Didn't save for a wedding, all of sudden decided to marry, we didn't budget (engagement ring we considered from under $1K to 5K; bridal packages we considered from Tan Yoong to Bridal Art; banquet we considered from Mandarin to restaurant)... just dived in.
- Home was the easiest, he wanted Holland V area, I wanted smaller space (*hint* he's an only child).
- Originally wanted just ONE nice wedding gown without train and no evening gown. But got more excited, now 1 wedding gown with train (MTM rent for march-in etc), 1 evening gown with train (MTM rent for table-to-table photos).
- After some time, decided to add 1 KUA (OTR rent for tea ceremony), 1 cheongsam (MTM buy for cocktail and handshake end).
- Getting even more greedy, thinking of still more gown changes! (Arab St had very elaborately beaded lace, $100-150 a metre plus some workmanship costs sound quite alright to me, but it'll end up in storage after banquet).
- Initially thought of a simple restaurant banquet but tables ballooned we needed a ballroom, then mum suddenly wanted whole suckling pig dish, and then realised parents loved Mandarin's name. Seeing that it's once in lifetime for THEM too, so now possibly confirming Mandarin.
- Financially still ok, phew. FH's normally-scrooge ways put him in good stead (I think he's overwhelmed by all the nitty-gritty he's willing to pay for PEACE ahaha).

Mel
happy.gif

amore

welcome on board MT... wah u are very detailed.... though i had plan my wedding 1 yr ago oso not so detailed and fast...

we keep a list of novemeber bride and bridegroom

you can send your details to Meow so we can contact each other in future if we have any other gathering we can ask you along?

Do sent the following details:
Nickname -
Real name -
Birthdate -
ROM date -
Wedding date -
Banquet Vennue -
Email address -
Contact No -
New home location -
Bridal shop -
Actual day photographer -
Photoshoot date -
Dialect(bride and groom) -

Jus sent to [email protected] and she'll compile the novas list

seashell

Hi Vivace

after taking yr PS, how long do the bridal shop call u up to choose yr pics?

cos they have yet to call me up for the pic?

seashell

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Need your advice... think of not getting married!!

I was a clubber last time.. but after knowing my hubby.. i almost stop clubbing. However, My kakis will ask me for clubbing sometimes (few months once) and my hubby is very very unhappy! Bcos of this issue, we have argue & quarrel and im sick & tired! I have assure him again & again but whenever the clubbing time comes he will burst out again!! arrrk!! Im very angry & upset with him!
Do you guys think i should stick to him??

besse

Hi Serene

Hmm.. don think of nt getting married lar.. from what you mentioned, it's not abt the clubbing, but more on respect for personal space. talk to him nicely on this.

I used to club quite a lot too. In fact, knew my bf from one of the clubbing place.. but now, i am not interested in clubbing oledy. It's probably jus a phase .. you will grow out of it.. but really, it's what concerns your bf have had abt you clubbing - getting drunk , the company you mix with, or the going home late .. talk to him abt it.. and don be so quick to think of not marrying k?