(2003) Brides of year 2003

taddess

Beibei,

I have yet to meet up with him. How is he? Is he nice? I think I better make appt to meet up with him soon. Btw, how long was the song you have chosen for the march in cum cake cutting?

Did you get Daniel to be your emcee for the day?

are

lkf... ys, its in central. juz look for the curtain shops, cant miss them.

wink... i've actually already confirmed my gowns as i'm taking OTR. feeling quite gd, cos i din like bustier at 1st, but when i tried, i immediately like it. i went back on monday again to rechoose another EG. keep seeing ppl wear bare back so i oso gian & insist they change one for me! ;P not much choices but lucky they found 1 i & hubby both like v much.

me oso near end of reno, cant wait to bring my furniture it & make it our sat hangout! ;P

sue

Hi Shook, my big day is 17 May, last Sat. I came back frm M'sia yesterday. FH's mum said must stay 3 days before i can go back to 'niang jia'. Everything went smoothly & the weather was super hot. I wore my gown & went thru the causeway & custom. Quite an experience because attracted a lot of attention fm the custom officers. Took a lot of photos in the palm tree & rubber plantation. I will be presenting the slide show of my 17 May event for my S'pore dinner this Sun. Then, everything will be over.
happy.gif

How abt you? Honeymoon? Sorry, have not been reading this thread becos really busy.

shook

Hihi Sue

Oh I mean your big day in Singapore tis sat. Sorry lah, always talk abt wedding date in Singapore. 4got dat u actually married into M'sia. So your wedding in M'sia is your actual wedding day.

Ya boy, last sat n sun wz super hot. In fact the weather is getting hot n stuffy now.

Wat time u got up on your wedding day? Wat time u reach M'sia? U sure were the limelight in the causeway. How wz your wedding?

My wedding went v smoothly in the morning. My wedding dinner wz a great upset. Many things went wrong - my parents arrived late, my hubby went dwn to the ballrm late. They were at the ballrm at 7pm but most of the guests arrived b4 them!! My make-up artist wz slow. Told her I wanna go dwn @ 7:30pm to mingle wif guests. She finished only @ 8:15pm. Bcoz of dat, our dinner started half hr later than the time I planned. A great embarrassment, we the host were late
embarrassed.gif
My wedding album wz lying in the bridal suite n portrait lying below the reception table. Flower petals for tossing during 1st march in wz sleeping in my hubby's home's fridge. Hotel din get ready 2 exclusive ang pow boxes as shown to us. In the n they got ONE very unpresentable ang pow box. My hubby wz v nervous fm handling the hiccups all by himself. So my emcee skipped many things dat he planned to do. My IL's guests were not cooperative when we went round taking photos ....I wish I could turn back the clock. V v upset.

I m going honeymoon wif Jazz in Jun. The package tour I booked wz cancelled as there wz insufficient ppl to form a gp to depart. Where u going 4 honeymoon?

cin

Hi Totoro,

How much does Eric charge? I have six persons for him to makeup, cannot find someone too ex or my pocket got big big big hole...
crazy.gif

Hi Taddess, Beibei,

So which songs are you using for your first and second walk-in? I haven't really decided leh...narrowed my options down to five songs, will pick two from there...

sleepy

Hi Maya

I went down yesterday...but can't seem to find the place...aiyo...so confusing...Anyway, it was quite a fruitful trip. I know where to get my necklace if need be...hee.

Today going to Spotlight to buy cloth. I decide to diy my flower as well since I can't seem to find anything...can't wait to try it out then maybe can show u!

S

serene sng

Hi girls,

Need your help!!! I need to buy a corset with bustier and when to try Truimph & Ero but no valid. Truimph dont have my size & Ero dun have corset with bustier.
uhoh.gif

My Size is 85D/E (Truimph size)
Please help!! Need to wear to take for WG mesurements!

beibei

taddess,
He is a nice guy!
happy.gif

my first march in has quite a long intro but hopeful the time when the guys open the door it will be on time and PERFECT!!I think the whole song is near to 4 mins!

Yup I have got daniel for my emcee!

totoro

hi...cin, my name linda yeo..think prices can negotiate...tell him u got 6.

hey, can share the songs..i also dunno which songs to use..sigh...

i prefer love songs....not really into jazz..

headache. u gals got the program ready for the night? can share?

hey, u gals interested to meet? wanted to meet up last time, but PS leh..??what u reckon

lkf

wink

thanks. I hv already bought my simmons mattress. It's the Heritage model under the Beautyrest series, not those high end ones beautyrest models with pillow top (eg. Felicity, Westbury etc), those r expensive.

ava

according to wink, u can take a look at the mattress at Parkway Parade (Level 7, Homehaven). wink me kpo, ans 4 u liao :p

cherubies

Hi all,

i'm back!
happy.gif

actually not feeling very tired. surprisingly.

i woke up yesterday with a big pimple on my nose. luckily managed to cover it up with tons of concealer. hee hee.

my ps is with imagegarden. we reached there about 10.30 am and meivis is my make up artist. she's meng's (my photographer) wife. started with the kua first to warm up which was a good idea. it's quite funny to dress up and we (me and my fh) tried to be serious. hee hee.. meng and meivis really put us at ease and we had a lot of fun and laughter yesterday. meivis gave me 4 different hairstyles (one for my kwa and three for my wg - no eg for me).

we went to sembawang park for our first outdoor venue. thank goodness for all the trees there. alot of mosquito tho, but not much pple except for a patrolling police car. hee hee. the poses were quite interesting... then we proceeded to chijmes. chijmes felt hotter. by then under the hot weather, i was perspiring like crazy. thank goodness, meivis touched up for me.

at the end of my ps, my gown is very dirty. hee hee...we managed to return the gowns and suit to patrick before he closed last night. but i have lost a bit of weight since 2 weeks ago (since my last fit) so i had to adjust my bustier top alot of time as it kept "moving" about and dropping. didn't try before we left after collecting the gown as i thot i should be ok (maybe even fatter). natlie did ask if i want to try my gown but i told her no. hee hee....

so now waiting anxiously for my photos to be out. i think i blinked alot and meng said i laughed till "jian ya bu jian yan" (see teeth cannot see eyes). so much for now.

happy.gif

lkf

ava

me bought the mattress n bedframe from The Mattress People during an exhibition at EXPO last Dec. the delivery will be in July. me very ks hor...paiseh

priviledged

Wow! It's nearly June. Everybody's really gearing up. What is there left to be done?

Sweets, Bigbird, have you done all the planning for your church ceremony yet? I'm leaving that to my Fiance. Hope he knows what to do.
happy.gif

We're running out of invitation cards!
We also bought those oral strip thermometers for our guests. We bought 700 of them so far, going to buy another 200 when the shop has more stock.

Has everyone done their food tasting yet? Ours is next week. Hope the parents are satisfied.

We will also see our photos next week.

The renos on our flat are at the last stage.

I'm STILL trying to finish my thesis!

That's why I've been so busy, not much time to visit here
lol.gif
lol.gif

Have Fun everyone!

shirlynn

Try to go for furniture exhibition if you should want to buy Simmons mattress, I source for the few brands like Dunlopillo, Simmons and King Koil.

I compared Simmons price at the market with the ones at exhibition (expo), exhibition gave better price (slight) but got a lot of free gifts that you will not get from the shops.

In the end I settle for King Koil which I find it more comfortable.

leo29

Are,

Thanks! I will make a trip to home n deco. At this moment I don't think I will go to MTM sofa, afraid not up to standard. At least ready make sofa i can sit on it and feel it. If really can't find then I will go to the shop that my frd MTM her sofa. Her sofa quite comfortable but very ex, two thousand plus, I think I mention it b4.

Can tell me Heatwave location in TPY central? Very big lah, wait cannot find. Thanks!

totoro

cin,
i called eric liao..u liase with him..told him to give u special rate..

i will be asking him to do my jie mei and mums make up too..hahaha..dun worry , he will be good lah..told him the jiemei cannot outshine the brides liao...hahahha..

he is a great guy, generous and u know, he will not charge u for every single thing.

so give him a call. okay?!

maya

Hi sleepy, it's People's Park? THe one which faces Chinatown pt, and side faces Furama Hotel? THere's a bridge that connects PP to CP. It's just at the corner.

beibei

Priviledged,

How much is the oral strip thermometer?
happy.gif

Me settled quite a number of things left the most headache one-searting arrangement!

15days to go!

leo29

Amore,

Tks! But I too lazy to go town. Abit panic liao becos will be going for my first trial soon. If can't get a shoe, my designer cannot confirmed my gown length.
sad.gif

W

whitely

Hi all 22 June brides,

How's the preparation now? 1 more month to go is our wedding date. YEAH~~~!!

Have you done all the things? I havent sent out my invitation yet but has already checked with guests and confirmed their attendance verbally.
Will also go for food tasting tomorrow.

Currently still sourcing for a nice angbao box. Thinking of making one by my own but couldnt get a nice wrapper
sad.gif
. Will you all DIY or just buy one?

Are all the things preparing in progress now? Good luck to us @_<

soyabean

hi 22 jun brides...
we're oni one mth away!
happy.gif

rite now, i m waiting for my GDL... hehe.. mine is on 5 jun. wat abt all of u?

then after dat, waiting to collect photo albums and go for last fitting... (still trying v hard to lose weight now!)

kare2711

Wow..all now talking about honeymoon already. Can't wait for next Friday before my wedding ends too. And now I'm down with flu. Is there any way to get rid of the flu fast?

ava

Hi leo!

Heatwave at tp is near the escalator closets to the Food Court. It is along the row with the bread shop...sushi shop...can't remember the rest... if you need further help call me! easier to explain ;)

jazz

Hihi gals, I'm back in my house. Wedding was ok, my hubby arrived a little late, so everything was pushed back, missing the time we were supposed to be out of the house, but *grin* I'm ok with that, as long as everything is fine. On our travelling route, we saw a number of bridal cars.
happy.gif
The weather was a little scary 'cos the sun keep going in and out of the clouds, but I did get a chance to take pictures at Upper Pierce, so very happy. Everything ended by about 3 plus and I returned back to Sengkang. Had to pack everything for the chalet, checked in to chalet, then rushed to return the bridal car (rented), and rushed down to catch Matrix Reloaded with a group of friends. So by the time reached chalet, very tired. Next day, have to prepare for the small party. I was running around preparing some decors for the party. Luckily, my group of sisters helped me alot in settling the decors, guests etc. My hubby's friend did a very nice presentation of us, and we were very happy. So that was about all for my wedding. So now, crossing my fingers and hope that the pictures will turn out good, and hope that I can get the picts before I fly off.
happy.gif
The next thing that I'm looking forward to is planning with Shook for the honeymoon.
happy.gif

Great to hear that the other May brides have a wonderful wedding.
happy.gif

Sue, hehe... I bet it'll be the most memorable day of your life for being such an attraction at the customs on your wedding... :p

May, good to hear that the weather was nice and you had a great time taking pictures at Upper Pierce reservoir!
happy.gif
Do keep us updated on your trip to Korea, and hope you'll have a wonderful time there!
happy.gif

Shook, dun worry, it's all over. The best consolation is that your wedding went very smoothly in the morning!
happy.gif

Kare, so are you prepared for your wedding?
happy.gif

W

whitely

hi soyabean,

when can you collect your photo album? I just called my coordinator, she said need to take three months to process. She said she will call me once ready
sad.gif

sigh, dont know when can complete....worry
sad.gif

are

leo29.. another landmark you can look for is the DBS on the 2nd level. heatwave is below it, quite near to the NTUC. i could list down the row of shops from the MRT exit onwards if you need. ;P me stay typ mah... can memorise liao. ;P

leo29

Ava,

Pai Seh lei, disturb your lunch. I think you nearly choke when talking to me.

Sweetie,

I don really understand what you r asking. You mean should we spend alots of money on our wedding preparation?

cin

Hi Totoro,

Thanks so much! i called Eric already, he said he will check out his calendar and get back to me, but everything sounds good
happy.gif

Hi Priviledge,

Yup, me also curious how much the strip thermometer cost you...if not ex, maybe we will consider getting too :D

Hi Whitely,

Think i will just get a box, wrap in nice red paper or maybe buy a red box and glue the sides together hee hee...

M

mt

Hi thanks for the good wishes
happy.gif

Shoes I got next to Heatwave F.E. Plaza, really clunky (quite ugly but mum finds it nice, dressy) but VERY high (can't recall I measured last time, anyway you won't find anything higher unless stilts). Chose silver glittery- silver to go with the white bridal gown and glittery blends with most evening gowns, one shoe settles it, go for gown fitting only need to bring that pair. On actual day also less troublesome (but, I think best to standby another pair in car boot or something just in case of accidents, straps falling apart etc). Abt $50.

Comments on shoes after walking one morning in it- I think jialat, I bought the display pair cos out of stock my size... the elastic bit is loose, not good if I hurry and don't take care. BTW beware gown length, slightly above better, don't know why I saw a few brides at ROM with TOO long gowns (I mean in front, never mind about side or back, no one walks backwards or sideways), very risky they have to keep lifting the front of gown as they walk (normally you do this only up stairs).

Check out ST newspaper on sales of furniture Barang Barang. So tempted to rush down but my flat nowhere near ready, those ready should go, according to article, good bargains!

sweetie

Hi Leo,
I am thinking of enroling to a marriage preparation programme, the one that allows you to understand your partner better via a course. It cost about $120 for the 4 sessions course. It helps in solving conflicts...
Would you spend such money?

shook

Hihi Kare
Oh u under stressed till u got flu huh. Drink more water, get more rest, guai guai consult dr n eat more victamin c.
U kang cheong or not har?

Hihi Jazz
Ai say man. U so busy still called me on your wedding day. Very touched.
Look 4ward 2 c u tis sat.
BTW u know how to speak French? My emcee who stayed in Europe a few yrs strongly advise dat we know a little bit of French in order to survive in France.

Wonder how is Vin, Pausini, SLK, Maya, Beanie

ava

Hi Leo!
happy.gif

haha
happy.gif
np I didn't choke
happy.gif
just that the food court was really noisy ;P if you get lost
happy.gif
can call Are
happy.gif

sweetie,
i always think any course there's always a lesson to learn.
just that sometimes we go in with certain expectations and get disappointed when these expectations are not met.

i'm not sure abt the course you're intending to go for, but i believe most of these courses are based on psychology that's why very little info is given
happy.gif

i attended an engagement encounter course...same same clyne...it was very good!
happy.gif

and tiring at the same time as it was mentally, emotionally and physically straining
happy.gif

try to find out more abt the course
happy.gif
i think it'll be gd
happy.gif
enjoy!

pucca

hi gals, hv been too bz to post a msg here ... how's everyone doing? im still writing cards n hv not send out a single one yet .. (v.behind time) .. still hv not settle my march in songs too ... oops .. hee..

nx wk is last wk of may liao ... fast hor ..

soyabean

whitely...
i'm supposed to collect them in 2nd week of jun. hopefully the shop dun call me to delay...
sad.gif

pucca,
jiayou jiayou... hehe....

all of us must take good care of ourselves from now till our big day.... must rest well..
happy.gif

i'm so excited for all of us.
happy.gif

grace

hello gals...

Me going for my photoshoot tomolo...
berry excited...
my gown ready liao..went to try the one with beadings yesterday... happy happy...

will be bringing my dog for the shoot..hahah

amore..thanks for email on shoes...
i got the EG shoes liao, black with diamante...
cheap cheap.. 35 after discount..

Meow,
when u all confirm the time n place for the making of wrist corsages..let me know..
me too busy to go buy the stuff yet..hehehe

may

Shook: i am back at work already. Tomw half day ...will clean up my house, wash all my clothes and pack the last min stuff for my trip to korea. quite excited...but worry tat the package tour will be hectic. me and hubby are terrible early risers...so i am quite prepared to be really zone out in the am.

Sue: i can imagine everyone will be staring at u in your gown ..ha...i went to upper pierce to take photos on the day itself and already there were a group gathering ard us for the free show...so pei seh. all the best to yr s'pore wedding this sat.

Kare: eat vit c everyday! drink lot of water...aiya forget to tell u to do so 3 mths before wedding...try to get some rest...dont gan cheong...easy say then done...i have been there and can understand ....

Jazz: ur also went to upper pierce to take photos...hee...great mind take a like hor.
i actually bought a book for planning my trip to Europe, if you need, i can pass to u coz you r staying near me... let me know ...it is new and i dont need it anymore...Kare recommended - think t is called Lets Go Western Europe.

Shook: i survived France with no knowledge of French...dont worry...Hubby suppose to have learnt the language but no practice he cant understand...just note this...we bought 1 subway ticket and i squeese thru the barrier with my hubby...everyone in france do that...saves $$$...just look at the locals when u r taking the train. Must go to louvre museum, i truly enjoyed myself coz i studied art in sec school....must take pictures there...

enjoy yrselves with Jazz.

maya

hi ladies, looks like a lot of you are now happily settled. I'm just observing all these quietly. Work is really bugging me a lot. Do you know that if I had gone ahd, yesterday was my wedding day? But I was rushing ard for some urgent mtgs, thot to myself, wah, if really get married dunno how to cope boy.......

S

serene sng

Amore,

Wht email is that?? Can share?? Anyone can find me to find shoes as well??? Me still searching..
Help!!!

shook

Hihi May
When u leaving to Korea?
Buy 1 ticket for subway in Europe? Dun they have inspector to check ticket? The barrier there not narrow like the one in Singapore? My emcee said the French then stuck up. They only help if u know some basic greetings in French.

Hihi Maya
Yesterday I oso had that thot. If Maya is still a May bride, it is her big day
happy.gif

So it is gd dat u defer your big day. At least can relax a bit.

grace

serene, she post here...the offer over liao leh..
last day on sun.. just extra discount on discounted shoes- 10%, and 15% for new arrivals..

i buy the discounted 50% kind...

yve,
i hope i have fun..me nervous..hehehe