(2003) Brides of year 2003

pausini

Shook: She not married. Aiyo, some pple just think abt themselves. wat to do!

Peabrain: same to u. not really affected i went to some indoor to take pix. rain = water = wealth wat. luckily nite is not raining.
How is ur turn out? i got 95% attendance which i think is very good liao.

kare: CX so bad. HK is already so bad and they make u wait for 6 hr for another flight back to Sin? really too much.

i was reading the forum this morning, and it suddenly struck me how time has flown by.

i remember starting the oct thread somewhere around this time last year. now i see threads for July 2004 already!

fast har? before we know it, the Oct brides thread may all become mothers!

jus

Hi 1027,

You would be able to get two different styles from two different photographers
Would you be displaying both albums during your cocktail reception?
; )

Hi Serene,

Excited about PS? Any preparation?
Was busy packing (for the Penang trip)
So much things esp the gowns (as if going on a world tour) hahaha ; )

Hi Amerline,

Went to collect my gowns yesterday
So happy! ; )

Do you like your CS?

peabrain72

pausini... heavy downpour when it was time for me to leave my house around 10 in the morning but i left nevertheless cos rain didn't look if it'll stop any sooner... wow, you had time to take indoor pix, where did you go?

Shower of blessing, was what everyone commented when it started to pour. Yep, night was good no rain, was cooling
biggrin.gif
Turn out was fine, about 93%, mine was a small affair.

hi jus, yah i'm planning to have 2 different styles for the two photoshoots. else very boring ...

no, i won;t be displaying my albums coz i dun want it to be damaged. So many friends' albums were damaged after the wedding dinner, coz the guests didn't take good care of the albums when they were flipping thru them.

Serene: wah, many things to pack indeed! How to pack all your gowns ah? What if they're crumpled by the time you reach Penang?
I've never dreamt of ironing my gowns, just in case in ruin it !

pausini

Hi Pea, i left ard 9:30am. i went to Mohd Sultan to take my Shots wanted to take pic in the pub but they were not open yet. So we took it outside and then went to robinson walk... the outdoor wld be nice if it is not raining.. too bad lor.

taddess

Hi all,

How's everybody? Busy with work and wedding preparations I suppose? How are all of you going to celebrate Mother's Day? I was thinking of getting a makeover package. Any makeover studio you all can recommend?

jady

yi, can u give me the address of the shop in chinatown to get all those stuff?
sorry to kip troubling u recently...paisei..
happy.gif

went to aussino yest. saw the 'fu lu shou xi' bedset...like the cream/gold 1...but must go ask mum if she insist gettg red sheet cos i really dont like red..

may

Shook: all the best to you on Sunday. wish u mei mei and fat fat ang bao.

Kare: i m so stress....last nite i told hubby i cant cope liao...abandon idea and go Korea instead. So fickle minded hor....but it is just too short a time for me. Plus SQ tickets must be isued on the 16 May, a day after my wedding...
shall c how....

jus

Hi 1027,

Hiya, the person going to Penang is me lah, not Serene
Yup… difficult to pack (not to mention the carrying part), we are bringing 2 large suitcases (n a few other smaller bags)
Dun dare to squeeze them, afraid they might be crumpled!

wenn

hi gals!
long time no chat
happy.gif

i'm preparing for my ROM in june... problem now is that they only allow 6 guests... so going to be rather empty lor
sad.gif

hi jady,
u have the aussino card? u can get a 40% discount on ur birthday month
happy.gif
i bought the double happiness set too! the quilt set in gold & the bedsheet set in burgundy..

kare2711

Pausini
Yah .. it's the trip over to Rome. SO and I are so tempted to go down to CX and make noise, now that I know Air France also has similar promo as SQ.

May
I think yah .. if you are not into the planning, then it can be very stressful. You know, I started my planning in Jan! So it does take a lot of time and reading up, if you want to make full use of your time in the country. On the other hand, you can just go there and explore and then plan from there. I'm not like that. I don't think I can take that. That is stresful to me
happy.gif
but if you like spontaneity, then you should just take your flight, go there and let your moods take its course. Of course, booking hotels beforehand is always good, no matter what.

K

kk

Hi 1027,

When that time comes, we rename this thread as "Oct Brides 03 Become Mothers".. hahahaa...

Hi Jus,

So when are u leaving for Penang? Tomorrow? Good Luck and all the best! Enjoy your trip
happy.gif

cherubies

hi Yi,

i like the pix. you are light enough for your hubby to carry you. think if it's me, my fh sure cannot carry me one. i'm too heavy. hee hee...

Hi flo,
yup my third fitting was on wed, with my trial makeup over also on that day, now is to wait for the ps... hee hee.. still studying for my last paper next fri at home...

now my hair looks funny leh..the cut looks too weird for me... hee hee.. will be doing pedi and mani on the day before. and taking half day to do..

my house reno almost done. except for curtains, blinds now.. so should be quite soon for us to put things into the house like my collection of books... =p

bigbird

Hi Kiroro, my wedding is on June 28, Church Mass is at 9am...wat time is urs? Have u met up with ur wedding couple....? Have u deceided on the flowers? Anyone having their's on the same day as you? Guess wat, the couple that's having their wedding after mine is actually my FH's ex-classmate... in school..... small world right...
lol.gif
Whose celerating for you?

I'm still in the midst of preparing my church progam....hope to get in done by end of this week.

jus

Hi 1027 and kk,

Thanx…
Hope that everything would go well

Yeap, I’ll e leaving for Penang tomorrow
Pretty excited hee hee

jazz

May, dun be stress!!! Just decide which cities you want to go, then book the tickets, worry about the hotels later 'cos otherwise, the seats might be taken up by the time you decided that you want to go.

Btw, if you want to book any tickets for the SQ promo, go to the website www.singaporeair.com to book. It's easier as you can check conveninently the dates and time you would like to travel, as well as the fact that you can skip the $30 service fee charged by the travel agent. You can pay using credit card, and opt collect your tickets at a SQ counter before checking in. It's very convenient as I did that for my tickets for Korea. But you have to take note and be careful that on certain days (May to Jun), the price of the ticket is a normal price and not promo price. If you see that, just get back to the previous page and re-select another date and check the price again. 'Cos when I checked the dates for Paris, I noticed that there is a return flight on 28th Jun (although that the travel agent had said there wasn't), but it is priced at $2200 per ticket so I went back and select another date. In the end, settled for the flight to Zurich as it has the dates that we want. Incidentally, Zurich has a lower airport tax that Paris.

I'm not sure about the rail yet. I still need to do some research. Try this website for the railway in Switzerland, http://www.cff.ch/ and http://www.raileurope.com/.

Kare, try this website for railway for Italy. http://www.fs-on-line.com/ Hope that it'll help!

Shook, many wishes and may you be a radiant bride and enjoy your big day !
happy.gif
happy.gif

may

kare: i dont mind planning coz it is my job. But i very much prefer to do it with ample time. Not within this short period of time...it is just so stressful...
I have been researching the whole of this week that i didnt even think abt my wedding next thurs. And i still missing one song for the 2nd march in.

Jazz: can u let me know which hotel u stayed in Seoul? Does it smell of Kimchi? Was told that seoul hotel do.

I dont think i got the time to meet with you but i got some info on seoul...so shld be ok...

vivace

hi to all Sept brides,

wow! so glad tat i hv completed my PS session and choosen my foto for my albumn already... feel so release... i m so happy to c those foto... really want to hv them all in my albumn... but too bad, couldnt lah! due to $$$
lame.gif
anyway, i already told my FH, will come back again for our silver marriage
biggrin.gif

shook

Hihi Peabrain
Thx

Hihi Pausini
She will feel how is it like when she gets married n get tis kinda treatment. Hmmm.... u can do dat to her noti me huh
rofl.gif

Hihi May
Thx. I like dat one fat fat ang pow.
Poor u, switch to honeymoon planning now. Your wedding is next thu, 1 wk more to go. Y dun u postpone your honeymoon?

Hihi Jazz
Thx.
Wow u do a lot of searching tis few days. I feel v bad leh
embarrassed.gif

I went thru the final seating arrangement wif my hubby yesterday. There r 1 or 2 empty seats on a few tables. In total there r 9 empty seats. Dat means we pd a table for nothing. So sad...
sad.gif

pausini

Shook: why dun u shift the pple so u can save one table. Please one in a table of 11 lor. if u dun feel pai seh lah.

May: dun be so stress leh. i saw u like wat i am last time. honeymoon suppose to be something happy and enjoyable. U like that how to enjoy, cannot njoy then baby making wldnt be smooth.. Oops pardon me! hee hee....
OK relax.. breathe in breathe out. i think u must practise the breathing to keep urself more relax.

May u know ur wedding tat day is a vesak day. the whole world of buddhist is praying for peace in the world n is a very good day u know....

shook

Hihi Pausini

I suggested puting 11 into some of the tables. My hubby n my dad said dun want. Not presentable.

Some table has 1 ppl less bcoz some RSVP coming last min back out but they informed us b4 our actual day.

K

kk

Hi Jus,

Until now, i still have not done any packing up for my ps! hahaha... i think i got to start soon. idle too much already.

My hubby suggested bringing some soft toys for photoshoot. So guess we will carry quite a lot of barang barang to the shop that morning
biggrin.gif

kare2711

Pausini
wah .. now that you are married AND past all the stages, you tease a lot ah? heh ..

Shook
Oh cannot convince the parents to allow for 11 chairs? If there's space, I think can consider ah. Hmm .. like that better than wasting one table. Unless you can still call up people? Hmm .. or persuade some people to bring their spouses?

pausini

Kare: dun suan me leh. U becoming one soon.

Shook: yah lor like that look nicer. 11 a table of course not so nice lor. may be ur friends and colleagues give u big big ang pow leh then u can cover liao lor.

jazz

Kare... opps... pai sei! :p

Shook... aiyah, no need to feel pai sei. Just enjoy your big day lah!
happy.gif

Pausini, haha... you're funny!
happy.gif

May, I din stay in any hotel. I stayed in Frasier Suites near Insadong. Haha... kimchi smell? No lah, very exaggerating. Will you be in SK tonight? Can pass you the map if you're in. If you can, book a hotel that is somewhere in the city center, near City Hall. If not, Myeongdong also can. As long as have a subway within walking distances, no problem to travel anywhere. So you would be going Korea instead of Europe?

priviledged

Hey Bigbird, my wedding (and Sweets too, I think) is also on the 28th!

Sweets, no, our Zion is along Upper Changi Road. You're in Shanghai? How's the SARS situation there? Will you be quarantined when you come back?

Actually it is not as stressful as I thought it would be. I am very busy, but everything seems to be settled so far and my Fiance is not working most of the time, so he is taking care of a lot of other things for me now. We've purchased all that we need for our flat and the ID executive will coordinate directly with most of our suppliers on delivery etc. It helps to have a car too ;). Now I'm thinking what to get for a very fussy future Mother-in-law for Mother's Day. Any suggestions?

Robin did our photos.

wendyl

hi,

Went to see doctor liao,he said my skin sensitive leh,2 days swollen liao.

My ps is on next wed,hope will reduce the swell.

Wendy

may

Jazz: thanks for the offer... u r so nice...
karen too...she has copied me a stack of info for Italy which i am waiting for the mail

i will be home late and not too sure what time as i need to run last min errands for the wedding and i dont want to trouble u unnecessary...
i have got the subway map and city map and a book call Korea rainbow to plan...

Most likely taking the korea package...i cant travel to Zurich and Italy and not confirming a room. Seat availability is not a problem, i checked. But it is just too much a hassle to plan f&e....i need 3 mths...other than hotel...must also check rail and rail prices...Shag...

r u going to Switzerland? i actually have this beautiful itinerary within 4 days of INTENSIVE planning - Zurich -> Lucerne -> Bern -> Interlaken -> Venice -> Rome
The interlaken tourism website was promoting this last min special to Jungfrau from SF 124 per person which includes the excursion and 2 nights stay...valid till 28 May 2003.

Well...told hubby i wil go with him when we r retired then can enjoy the senior citizen rates coz we cannot enjoy the youth pass now.

Karen, sorry to waste u and ur hubby efforts..i feel really bad. But i will keep the info, in hope that one day got chance to go Europe.

pausini: u so nice to say that my wedding day is a good and peaceful day...

Actually i am much better today liao...after i told hubby to give up the idea of going Europe... now i only called agent n check the tour departure dates for Korea..and tat is...plus i can now go with a BIG luggage and shop to my content...no need to backpack in europe and eat bread...ha...

One mor week later...i will be as relax as you and then i can disturb Karen...ha..ha...

Shook: i will be squeezing 11 pax for my vip tables...dont worry lah...i am sure you will get some fat ang baos...

postpone honeymoon...June is a busy month for me plus w school hols, i dont like to travel w children so i stubborn loh and stress myself...SIGH

sweets

Priviledged,

So we have 3 june 28th brides liao
happy.gif
Fun! End the month with a big bang!

Yes, will have to be civil minded and stay at home for 10 days after I'm back...

Wow, your fiance is so supportive!!! nice....mine is too busy with work plus being outstationed..cannot blame him...so I'm doing like 99.9% of the arrangements myself...Yes, it does help to have a car...Need to go hijack my parents' car when I get back...kekeke...

Mother's day...bringing out for meal is the simplest and fuss free I think....else just send a card and flowers ?

naturally

Oh, so it's sensitive skin problem! Dun worry, the swell shd go down soon after u apply the cream, no problem for PS lah! Do clean your eye area well, and no eye makeup for these few days, okie?

The last time i got this, was because my room was dusty (spring-cleaning), and i rubbed my eyes... and i suspect also because my skin too dry, not enough moisture on the outer skin layer, so easily aggitated... hmm, do u know wat caused your sensitive skin?

pausini

May: glad u feel better now.
Korea is a nice place... go shopping to destress lor... show us ur trip photo after u are back ok.

Shook: Best wishes!!!

shook

Sob sob I m still working @ tis hr.

I v lau qui. The 2 guys who cancelled their Tibet trip gave me ang pow juz now. I feel so bad for talking behind's ppl's back.

Another of my guest not coming. So 10 seats gone to drain. Xiao lao.

Hihi Pausini
Thx

may

shook: the 2 guys came into the forum isit? read tat u were talking abt them..ha..ha...

i also in office but researching on korea..hee..

have a good rest...and enjoy yr big day...

i properly wont be able to talk to u again till after my wedding. Monday half day and then i m off..

suddenly so fast...i m not prepared to be a bride man...

Kan cheong

shook

Hihi May

U r so cute to say dat the 2 men came into tis 4rum.
rofl.gif
1 of them (an Italian) gave me a card n an ang pow. The other one (a Singaporean) put his ang pow into my invitation card n gave my invitation card back to me. He said I already made appt wif my friend liao, cannot cancel. Boy, a v obvious lie. I gave him my invitation card when he planned 4 Tibet, how to make appt wif friend when he planned to go Tibet. Tis is the guy who bluffed dat he is leaving to Tibet tis week. So I jokingly said not bcoz u going Tibet ah (pretend I din know their trip is cancelled) They said oh cancel liao lor.

Me oso not prepared to b a bride leh. Still in the office u c. Gonna go n wash my wedding ring n buy undergarment. Din even arrange 4 pedicure n medicure. Half hearted whether to DIY or go for professional

jazz

May, no worries. As long as you have the city map and subway map will do. You can pick up their map (take the English version) from the hotel as spare. *grin* Like Pausini said, bring along a few empty luagages for your shopping hoh!
happy.gif
So when will you be going to Korea?

Here's some notes on Korea. Places for shopping in Seoul:
- Nandaemum (Hay market shopping, behind in small roads)
- Dongdaemum (Departmental & warehouse shopping)
- Itaewon (Expat shopping)
- Insadong (Art & Crafts shopping)
- Myeongdong (High class departmental shopping)

All the places are accessible by subway except Insadong where you have to walk a little, but the atmosphere in the small restuarants there are very nice and arty. My favourite is Nandaemum, it's a huge back alley with lots of stalls like an open hay market. Lots of clothings to buy and can bargain. If you prefer air-con shopping, you can try Dongdaemum. Each building have a few levels with at least 50 stalls and more on each level. Clothings there are very nice and stylist too. Must remember to go and try their hot stone BBQ (there's one big one at Insadong), very nice and yummy... :p Hope these info helps.
happy.gif

Oh yes, may I take a look at your itenary for Switzerland? I think it'll help alot!
happy.gif

Shook, take care and dun be too stress hoh! Will talk to you more after your wedding.
happy.gif

Pausini, sorry if I miss any of the messages above, are you still going to Malaysia?

Y

yi

hi jady,

if i'm not wrong, the shop no is 97. itz a small shop tend by an old couple. a friendly couple who wun force u to buy things that u dun need. =P
the shop is at the chinatown market.
let me know if u need anymore info, no trouble at all!

i agree with wenn that aussino red bedsheets looks real nice. i like them too! now only buying aussino bedlinen now.
happy.gif

hi cherubies,

thanks. hehehe, think my hubby oso got some prob with carrying me. hahahaha

hi elaine,

thanks.
i have email u the link already.
enjoy viewing and feel free to comment hor.
happy.gif

N

novgroom

Min,
Even if you are using flim, there are enough time to convert the photos for the dinner highlights. Developing the flim only takes about an hour, then the photographer can scan the photos into the computer and create the photo montage within a few hours.

Meow,
I forget how the trees looks like already.. but I sure know that there are a lot of big ants aroune.
happy.gif

apple

Hi to all you june brides out there and i thought june wasn't a popular month for weddings. Anyway congrats to you all!! I am also having my wedding in mid-june.

shirsweetiepie

Dear all

I'm so happy todae 2,coz my matteresss & dinning table are here. can go for weekends' get-away next time-hehhe!!
happy.gif

Hihi Vivace

Glad some1 liven up this thread again
happy.gif

Congrats and happy for u.do how may pics did u select for ur album then? must remember 2 share wif me hor!
happy.gif

btw,just wanna check are there flies around in ur luv nest @ nite,esp after storms of rains,flying under ur living rooms lightings?
sad.gif

Hi Ally

Enjoy ur preparations.
happy.gif

vivace

hi shirs,

glad to c u here again!
happy.gif
so wat else u haven't moved in yet? me, start to bring my staff bit-by-bit every weekend to my place...

i hv added 8 more pages for the 15R albumn at the end... dun worry lah! wont forget u all lah! will definitely upload the photo once i got my albumn... since my wedding in Sept, so i will only collect it in early Aug... requested them to do a best job for us...
happy.gif

ya! i thought saw some died flies and small spida around in my place... but v.seldom saw them flying under the lightings...

flowee

gd evenin ladies

yi

stitchie bb big ger liao...
her 1st mense is here...
started off since yesterdaz nite...
but the bleedin nt so heavy lor...
r u goin 2 sterlize cookie???
if yes u can consider doin it b4 her 1st mense...

stitchie bb is doin fine @ my in laws place...
she likes my guy more than she likes mi...
i supposed coz they spent more time 2gather...
its a gd sign tat she is attached 2 him...
my in laws, bil n sil all love her...
happy.gif

jady

hows ur cleanin up???
muz b super tired lor...:p
tats the phase all the hse owners hv 2 go thru...
happy.gif

u mentioned u bought a quilt from aussion rite???
u koe wats the content in the quilt???
n how muz u bought it 4???
flo lookin ard 4 quilt infor nw...
happy.gif

the double happiness bedsht set veri nice...
but the bedsht cant fit my simmons matt...
i need 2 look ard 4 the bedsht b4 i can buy the quilt cover n pillow case...
sad.gif

cherubies

u where got big???
i m sure ur fh can carry up 4 ur ps if required...
else u ask him 2 practise nw @ home...
happy.gif

i think i still owe u the roller blinds contact izit???
aiyoh so sorie lei...
here is comes: wendy from teng yong
mobile: 90023137
we bought tachikawa roller blinds with 60% light passable @ 1k 4 the whole hse...
which includes my 3 bedrms n my livin hall...

sounds like cherubies had done a 'make over' b4 ur ps...
i m sure u look great...
remember 2 relax n
happy.gif
4 ur ps...

ladies

hv a great wkend!!!
happy.gif

kare2711

May
No probs. Just buy me something back from Korea *hiak hiak* Just kidding of course.

Pausini
So what is the new Mrs doing now? Eng eng ah?

Jazz
No problem lar. No worries.

taddess

Hi all,

Need to ask, for pin corsages, it is only for the fathers right? For wrist corsages, only for the ah yees and bridesmaid right? So for the mothers and sisters do they need such things?