(2003) Brides of year 2003

ava

Hi Maryann,

Maybe it would help to go to the past threads on Holiday Inn...there are a lots of gd reviews on this hotel
happy.gif

But remember all info and comments are very subjective to each individuals preferences
happy.gif

Happy Planning & welcome to Novas!

Besse
happy.gif

you need to check with Meow, maybe you can email her?

Green
happy.gif

Lovely choice GPH
happy.gif
i'm having it there also!
happy.gif

here's a gd link to word your invites
happy.gif
Hope it helps
happy.gif

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~sek/wedding/invitewording.html

ava

Wen
happy.gif

dun worry okie
happy.gif
i'm sure it'll all be fine
happy.gif

it usually takes less than 1 mth to put it all togather
happy.gif
just stay positive and wait in excitement!
happy.gif

fishball

hi kk,
so fast PS over liao hor? Our AD only 100 over days to go leh...

kekeke... did you manage to use all your barangs ah? Tired or not, carry so much things? M thinking of bringing only 3 shirts, 2 pairs of shoes, water botlle and some makeup only leh...
happy.gif

A

amerline

hi fishball,

actually water is the last thing on my mind bcoz the thot of going to the loo in my WG is a nitemare
21864.gif
already. so i became a camel on my PS.

so when ur PS? have fun k?
21865.gif

cath

Hi all
Long time no chat. How are you? =)

Saw in the thread that some of u went for ps liao huh, so fast.. mine still 1.5mths to go :x becos of ps, i went to take up boxercise last mon.. it was a torture... and now, my muscles tear... cant even walk properly
sad.gif

Ohya, Robinson is having a preview sale for member today and tomorrow. The sale for public will open on Fri. Saw the brochures and look like its a good bargain to get.

A

amerline

hi cath,

i tried boxercise b4, it quite tiring for beginners, u must have ample warming up prior to classes or else u may hurt urself. actually doing housework is the cheapest form of exercise. u work out and clean up the house at the same time
21889.gif

ur PS so late ah? guess i am the more kan cheong type, so everything do earlier safer
biggrin.gif

shirsweetiepie

Hi babbit

I would recommend Simmons matteress to u,coz many hotels are using them and all the more,it's very confortable too... they had quite a few series.. the beautyrest series.. mine is the westbury one.
maybe u like to check them out @ big department stores such as Robinsons,Taka etc. they might hv sum kind of sale on too. i gotta it wif 1 free materess protector and 2 pillows.
happy.gif

Just my little suggestion!!

Vivace

Bridal shops always like 2 ad in this & tat along the way..maybe u like 2 consider London Cabs. kina of cute too!
happy.gif

My gf use it for wedding the other time,can sit up to 5pax-6pax( excluding driver).
if not,such nice & big cars such as MBW, or Cefrio oso look fine for bridal cars. from wat i know,most bridal shops gives merc, unless u like 2 top up more to get something u like.maybe u can tell them ur preference.becoz wat u pay for is the driver for the day,petrol,car rental, car insurance as well. @ the same time,u can oso tell them to send ur family home after the banquet... dun know whether outside rental cos provides tat or not... if not,if u were to rent a car on ur own from rental co,u migh hv to get a friend to be ur driver for the day itself.. maybe can give an ang bao by the end of the session can liao loh..
happy.gif

A

amerline

hi dears,

any seamstess to recommend? i want to MTM dresses for my ah yees. thks!

cath

Hi Amerline,
Yeah, I did warm up before boxercise… but even the warm up exercise is so painful for me.. :s me does housework but I don’t think I’m able to lose weight from there.. dunno y. but somehow, after boxercise, I felt so refreshing. Heehee.. so amerline, did u lose weight after the boxercise?

A

amerline

hi cath,

didn't lose weight bcoz i got so hungry after each session and ended up eating more than usual. sigh, defeats the purpose of excercising
21922.gif

meow

Sweetie, sorry no updates yet. Was that photo yours in the group? I've rename it, i hope that's you
happy.gif

Ava,
tomorrow holiday liao. Proven today your turn very free huh?

K

kk

Hi Fishball,

haha.. i brought along a lot of things and arrived at the bridal shop earlier than 11 am which is the designated time. In the end, i got used the soft toys i brought along. I only used the precious moments alphabets and our bridal bears. We did not use the hello kitty toys. Cos the toys are in jap costume and i did not take jap costume.

Hmm, as for outdoor ps, imagine, i did not bring anything! Actually what i learnt is that only water, straw and blotters are required. No need powder, no need lipstick, other things all no need!! U won't have time to use them
biggrin.gif

Actually i did not drink much water cos scared of going to toilet like Amerline
biggrin.gif
everytime i need to go to toilet in the studio, i need to change back into my own clothing then go then come back change into gown again. Very troublesome
sad.gif

ally

hi bonjour... welcome
happy.gif
always good to see another new sept bride. hmm, for an idea on what to prepare by this stage, mebbe u can scroll up to one of my earlier posts on apr 26 where i got kinda long-winded in the middle of the nite
lol.gif

hi shir... thanks
happy.gif
it was a really great experience. aww, dun worry if ur hubby dun like such courses. u can still surf the net for pointers and mebbe discuss a bit on what u picked up once in awhile with him.

hi vivace... better sign up fast then if it's free only for the first 100 couples! the online course outline looks good
happy.gif
should be interesting. as for the car, i found out some bridal shops will give the older merc and ask for a top-up if u want the newer merc or other models. if u choose not to get from them, the shop will normally deduct abt $200 to $250 from the package. if u are able to rent a better car for the same amount of money (including driver, petrol & insurance), then suggest u go ahead. better yet, borrow from friends/relatives
happy.gif
i got a contact from someone for car rental but it's not with me now. will post the contact details later when i'm home
happy.gif

hi babbit... shopping around for a mattress over a couple of weeks will turn u into a mattress expert!
lol.gif
i was such a mattress novice not too long ago but now i know about pocketed springs etc from the countless demos and sales pitches
lame.gif
simmons is good but i wonder why good mattresses are so expensive?
sad.gif
even if we're paying for quality, still seem a bit steep at about $1k
lame.gif

meow

Welcome greena and Maryann,
you wanna sent your details to me so in future if we have any other gathering we can ask you along?
Do sent the following details:
Nickname -
Real name -
Birthdate -
ROM date -
Wedding date -
Banquet Vennue -
Email address -
Contact No -
New home location -
Bridal shop -
Actual day photographer -
Photoshoot date -
Dialect(bride and groom) -
Jus sent to [email protected] and i'll compile the novas list
happy.gif

besse

MEowwww..

You home oledy??

Hehe.. me just reached home.. later still going to pick him up.. cos he went have fun! *sulk*

err.. rem to invite me into the group hor.. i missed the action leh!!

Wen

Hmm... no worries k gal.. don be stress.. if cant decide between designs, then priorities what is the best feature you like abt each design! ;)

Hmm photos.. got lar, will load into the group if that MEow Meow invite me in again!! *grouch

meow

Besse,
Did you check your mail? I've already invited you after i post here liao unless i sent to e wrong address lah.
happy.gif

shook

Hihi gals
I m in my hubby's office now
lol.gif
He is working I m serving the forum
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I wz blessed wif a wonderful weather on my big day. Everything went well according to plan in the morning except my make up. My make up artist wz slow n can't finish make up in time. My hubby has to stay in the car as the boy who opened the car door can't go dwn till my make up is done. The delay din really affect as my ah yi were very tame. They din take much time playing on my hubby.
Many things went haywire in the evening. My hubby delayed going dwn to the ballrm despite me telling him twice dat the banquet mgr already called 4 him. He wz talking to his family members in the bridal suite. When he went dwn at 7:00, a few guests were there already. Montage wz not tested n he had to test it leaving the guests outside the ballrm. My parents arrived @ 7:10 when quite a no of guests already arrived n waited @ the lobby below the ballrm. My make up artist wz v slow. I told her I wanna go to the ballrm @ 7:30. She finished only at 8:10 after my hubby called twice. Abt 80% of our guests arrived @ 7:30. I missed the chance to mingle wif my guests. My hubby's niece who wz assigned to look after the album din even bother to check where is the album. She expected the album n portrait to b up smoothly. In the n the portrait wz there under the reception table n the album in the bridal suite. Complementary car park coupon not enuff, WE have to arrange tis wif the banquet mgr. Those assigned to arrange table for photo taking sat there n njoy the meals w/o doing their job. My hubby's parents' guests were not cooperative when taking photos. My hubby wz v v nervous coz so many things were not properly done n he gotta handle it himself. Daniel can't do much things since my hubby wz so nervous. Our wedding can actually start @7:45 or 8:00. Due to our own fault it started @ 8:30. I wz v v v v v upset.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
Wish I could turn back the clock.

Hihi Kare
I took outdoor photos fm 11am to 1pm after tea ceremony @ my in-law's hse. After outdoor shoot, we went to love nest to change then to my mum's place 4 lunch n tea ceremony.
Dun care abt the comment fm dat nasty colleague of yours. Some ppl juz like to play stupid joke which they think v funny w/o thinking if their not funny joke hurts others. Juz smile. I belive u will b the limelight on your big day.

Hihi Jazz
Thx 4 checking so many things on Europe. My hubby got some info fm his colleague, we will go thru them n share some load wif u.
Wish u a mei mei bride tis sun n blessed wif a beautiful weather n everything runs smoothly according to your plan.

fishball

hi kk,

hiyah...we're still thinking what theme for our casual wear, or if we want it at all. Today went to bridal shop for final fitting and choosing outdoor gowns. Quite disappointed with my WG, though EG was alright. They used those longish beads instead of those roundish crystal type. Thinking of bringing the gown back nad sew myself, since to re-sew they say need to top up $$!
sad.gif
Sigh!

Cham liao, I know very troublesome to go toilet in gown, but I always thirsty when I go outdoor. Dunno how leh. And then, I thought of bringing my dog for PS too. Dunno how to take care of him if I bring him. Hmmmm...

kare2711

Shook
Thanks for your tips on the photo-taking as well as the encouragement
happy.gif
Actually another male colleague made another very bad comment. And when I ignored him, he had the cheeks to say to the others that I ignored him. Then what did he expect me to do? Thank him for the remarks?

Anyway, that was another bad day. I actually cried non stop right after I knocked off work and was in my SO's car. I'm not the kind who mocked at people or made fun of people, then why do people made such nasty comments? SO thinks that I've been too nice. He said I should have told those people off and then the next time they wouldn't do it again. Perhaps I shall do that. Unfortunately, the second colleague is a HOD who is my indirect subordinate, so I can't really do much
sad.gif

But now I'm ok all thanks to encouraging people you like and my friends and my SO!

hi fishball,
i brought my dog for my PS! it's quite fun, just that you won't be able to look after him / her on your own coz you'll be so busy.
What i did was to ask my sister to come along with us for the ps, so that she can help look after the dog.

You may also want to check with your photographer if he minds having a dog in his premises. Some say coz the fur will drop and fly all over, so they dun allow.

T

totally_new

Hi all,

Anyone has bought a Sleepmaker brand mattress before? I have tried one and it feels very good. I'll like to have some opinions before buying.

shirlynn

Yuppie... tomorrow is Saturday!!!

Btw, not to do advertisement, but if anyone should want to do a EG or dress for ownself or mother or MIL.. etc... , "my hubby's auntie used to be a freelance seamstress.. has stopped for a few years but would like to work from home again..." so if interested, just contact me.. but pricing I am not to sure.. free to enquire...

vivace

hi shirs and ally

i juz called up my bridal few days ago regarding this matter... they will get back to me in couple of days... hope tat i can get wat i wan lah!
uhoh.gif
if really no choice... then i might consider to get the car by myself loh!
sad.gif
i juz dont feel happy the way they deal with biz... when we sign up the package, they didnt mention they will give us the old model... if i know this, i will willing to pay the diff... and y they want to keep it until few days b4 our customery??? coz they r sure tat the couple will pay for the diff to safe the toubles of looking around for the car...

i hv try to register the e-course, but it fails, always hv the server prob... i even call them up and ask... by the staff only ask me to try again... but both of us keep trying, still cant get into it
sad.gif
in tat case, i will swith for other alternative loh!

ava

Hi Shirlynn!

Where does she stay? actually i would like to sew some simple sundress...any idea how much she would charge? just email me to let me know lah
happy.gif

no hurry
happy.gif

thanks!
happy.gif

TGIF!!!

Besse
happy.gif
hmmm very sexy ;)

jazz

Kare, ignore those guys. Wished I was there with you, so that I'll tell them off. These are the people who deserved their backsides wacked. Like your SO says, next time their do it, suan them back so that they catch the hint and not do it again.
happy.gif

Shook, congradulations, welcomed back! I was quite worried for you 'cos the sky was looking too well. Very happy that your wedding went well.
happy.gif
Yup, I'll free next week, can drop by your place, or you can drop by mine to go thru the info. Btw, I also bought a book on Europe, hehe, no time to read yet. Will do next week.
happy.gif
Thanks for your wishes, I will be crossing my fingers and hope that everything will be fine.
happy.gif

Sue, thanks for the contacts, I've made an appointment with them tomorrow.
happy.gif

Totally New, sorry, I'm not able help as I've never heard before.

Gals, in case I dun get a chance to log in, just want to say thanks to everybody for all the help given and the encouragement. It has been great getting to know you gals as I've learnt alot from all of you. I'll definitely be logging on after my wedding, and I believed we can all share our experiences with one another. Look forward to talking with you gals again. Cheers!
happy.gif

shirlynn

Hi Ava,

She is staying at AMK Ave 10, quite near to central. Whats is your budget like?? I can check with her, if her expectation is higher than yours, maybe I can help you to bargain with her.

But I think it will depends on what material you are choosing, maybe it will be good if you and her go and get the material together and she just charge you for the workmanship.

I think that should be easier. She has helped some of the family members to sew their dresses and evening gowns.. as far as other people say, its nice. Thats why I am asking her to help me to sew one for my wedding too.

fishball

hi 1027,
I dun have anyone to go with us, so maybe I'll bring his cage. But quite cumbersome too. Maybe I'll just plonk him into my bag as well. hahaha....

M thinking of bringing my dog anyway, without telling my phtgr 1st. I suspect my bridal shop won't allow, even if my phtgr dosen mind.

So did your pics turn out well? Esp' with yr doggy?

shirlynn

Hi Amore,

Are you interested in dresses or EG?? I can recommend to her and say that all of you are my friends.

Previously when she work as a freelance seamstress at home, she sews for the tai tai ones.. I think that time she charge quite ex.. from what my MIL says.... But now she is doing as an extra, I will ask her to charge cheaper..

I think it will be more on the design you choose. It will be even better if you know what you want, like if you happen to see in magazine or whatever, just show her and you can even ask her to go and get the material together.

I try to reach her just now, but she is not at home and her handy is faulty... Will try to get her and let you all know how she charge by tomorrow via e-mail.

If possible, just drop me an e-mail of what you want, I check that accordingly for you.

K

kk

Hi Fishball and 1027,

Envy u all leh! I also have dogs, but i dun have the transport cannot carry them around.. hahaa.. and i also dun know my bridal shop will allow or not.. kekee.. maybe scare them to death.. kekeeke.. and my hubby dun really like cos my dogs drop fur :p So he scared the fur gets on to gowns, pants, etc :p

Fishball, so u mtm ur WG rite? Oh, there was no discussion on how the beads should look like? Good that u can sew urself
happy.gif

yve

Aussino is having sale this week end. Good news for those who missed the last sale recently.

Besse, sexy leh..

ally

hi vivace... wah, tough luck
sad.gif
mebbe u can try calling new century limousine services. i never tried them before but the person who gave me this contact said their prices are not higher than what the bridal shops are charging for the car. can look for the manager, john lim at 65520201 or call his h/p at 98152001.

did u ask them about their courses conducted at the centre if really cannot register for the e-course?

amore

shirlynn... okie will drop u an email when i'm home...would like to know the charges for dresses for my mum and MIL... thinking of maybe one more dress for myself for my wedding.. heehe.. thank you...

sandgirl72

Hi Mrs Quake
Thank U very much.
happy.gif

How was yr 2nd fitting last weekend? And I hope tat yr FH has now fully recovered from his chicken pox.
happy.gif

I've juz made appt with Seletar Broadway to look at the design of WG n EG.

hi fishball: huh? what if they kick up a big fuss? Luckily you got a cage....that should pacify them alittle bit. But your dog quite poor thing leh. What about when you go for outdoor? bring him along in the cage as well?

My pics were ok, some shots were not so nice coz he decided he was tired and decided to lie down with all 4 legs in the air. Macam look like dead dog
happy.gif
, other times he was very "sticky", followed me wherever i went. There was one shot ... supposed to be only hub and myself, but my dog refuse to move away from me. So the photographer changed the lens and lighting to include the dog. When he was finally ready, my dog xian and walked away ... photographer had to change lens and lighting back to original. :p
We felt so pai seh, but my photographer was very nice, so it was ok.

My dog only went for the studio shoot, after that he went home with my sister. During the few hours indoor zapped his energy ... he went home, drank up almost a whole 20cm bowl of water and slept the entire afternoon!

kk: dun worry abt the dog fur. We brought a sticky roller along .... those from 3M are good. The roller is called Lint Remover, but the sticky tape picks up dog fur as well. Your hub doesn't need to worry abt the fur!

sandgirl72

Hi jbride
Thank U very much too.
happy.gif

so envy of U gals cos most of U have gone thru at least yr 1st fitting while me nothing has been done so far...

actually i haven't decide wat type of design of WG n EG, so I guess it is high time tat I do my homework b4 i go down to Seletar Broadway.

sandgirl72

Hi cutiechar
Thank U very much too
happy.gif

Of cos I prefer to be called as MISS still.. don't sound so 'old' lor as in MRS...
happy.gif

read that yr 1st fitting will be in July.. guess U must be very excited about it.. and look 4ward to it, right?

sandgirl72

Hi Wendy
So sorry to hear about yr swollen eyes. Hope by now, yr eyes is now back to 'mei mei'..
happy.gif

so how was yr PS on Wed? Did U go to many places for outdoor shooting?

Do take good care of yourself... God bles
happy.gif

lkf

shirlynn

can i find out from u how much your auntie charge for making a dress for my mom to wear at the wedding dinner? i 'm also thinking of making a tea dress but still pondering over it. Thanks