(2003) Brides of year 2003

kiroro

Hi Sweet,
I have done with food tasting liao. Parents and us are happy with the food, just hoping that they maintained the standard on the actual day. Will be meeting up with the co-ordinator next week for the finalisation......

Hi Bird Bird,
Unfortunately,we are the only couple that is going to get wed on OLPS that day. So we will have to bear the full cost for the flowers. Anyway, we had Father Geogary to be our celebrant... Our wedding services is at 12pm, so will serve lunch reception thereafter. Decided not to print church program as OLPS can use the projector to project the powerpoint slides. In the midst of confirming the songs with the choir....Yeah, world is small..the couple assigned to us, is my FH primary school classmate.... And the Choir PIC is my FH primary school teacher.....! Still somemore coincidence...the choir organist is my old class mate...Small world indeed !

bigbird

Hi Kiroro,

Hee...Hee....
lol.gif
, I'm like u, thinking of not printing Mass Booklet, save cost, only print song sheets... cos at OLPS we can use the projector / powerpoint slides. Father John Lee is my celebrant. But still have to prepare a simple booklet for him & the choir. Easier for them to follow. Have not done the catering & flowers yet, we 2 couples will have to meet up soon to decide on color of flowers & the caterer. Easier this way.....

Hi Priviledged,

Wow... ur wedding is also on the 28 June...COOL...
happy.gif

Where are u having ur dinner?

meekoo

hi all may brides!

finally the wedding is over! so glad and the everthing had went q. smoothly that day!

hope all may brides will have blissful marriage!
happy.gif

taddess

Hi all,

Are all of you excited? My wedding will be a month later! I can't wait to get it over with and go for my honeymoon. Sat down with my hotel today and settled on the theme and had some clarification with them.

Glad that now my FH also feels the heat. Has started to be more proactive with wedding preparations.
happy.gif

By the way does any of you have contacts for wine? If you do let me know. May provide wine instead of hard liquor instead.

Thanks

jbride

wendy,

how's your eyes? better now? dun worry abt the PS 1st...health is more important...maybe u'd wanna postpone your PS until u get better huh...

Take care!

ally

hi gals!

I'm back from my retreat! wow, it's been a really wonderful and positive experience... it affirmed the love between my FH and me and deepened our relationship, as well as prepare us for the reality of marriage
happy.gif
really recommend that all wedding couples go for marriage preparation courses if they can.

hi vivace... wow, added so many pages! must be really great photos
happy.gif
heh heh, can't wait to see them
happy.gif

hi shir... looks like ur love nest is shaping up nicely
happy.gif
is ur place all done up and ready? think i'm gonna be the last one to get my place ready, still waiting for my keys
lame.gif

well, have a good nite gals! i'm gonna turn in early
happy.gif

serene

Hi ladies,
My PS was smooth one though I think I smile more awkward for the shots in studio cos not used to heavy makeup, false eyelashes and gowns..plus the lightings lor...enjoyed it much when it was outdoor, luckily it didn't really rain...
Went to Sentosa and Boat quay (nite shots)
happy.gif

Finally settle one thing..
My advice: No need to bring lots of things..have plenty of rest the day before..bring water and tissue..no need powder etc..no time for lunch or outdoor touch up..rem to bring some musli bars etc to munch for lunch..that wat I had till dinner at 8pm!

kk, jus: Enjoy yr PS! It is fun as you get used to the different posing and yr million watts smile
happy.gif
Still feel like a dreamy feeling too
happy.gif

Hehehe

D

dk

Wen,
How's your PS going with Memphis?

Finally, i've manage to place a deposit with them last Fri. But i'm rather puzzled.....though the date is blocked but wasn't any contract not did we sign on the proposal. Did u had one with them?
Were there a reciept issue for the deposit you paid for?

Would it be convenient if i call you, tomorrow?

wendyl

hi Dec brides,

My eyes swelling liao,i think last week,seems always rubbing my eyes,n i think it cos it to be swollen lor.

I think i will be gtg for my Ps on wed.
Thanks for all your concerns.

Wendy

K

kk

Hi Serene,

Dun worry about ur smiles
happy.gif
I heard brides saying they smile awkwardly cos they felt uneasy with the makeup but the photos unexpectedly turn out very nice
happy.gif

Thank U! Really excited today, cos it is the day tomorrow!!! kekekeee.... i am bringing quite a lot of things for studio shoot cos bringing some soft toys along. But then guess can throw them at the bridal shop, then pick them up when i am back from outdoor shoot
biggrin.gif

piper

Hi Wendy,

If ur eyes still swelling tomorrow, think you better re-schedule your ps. Dun think you'd want to look puffy eyes in ur "once-in-a-lifetime" photos.

But still hope u'll be able to recover in time & share ur PS experience wif us.

may

Jazz: i dont really have any itinerary for Switzerland. But i went to the Interlaken website and there was this attractive offer that includes two nite stay and excursion up to Jungfrau. For visit to Bern and Lucerne, i thought just wander ard.

U can check out this website: www.interlakentourism.ch

For accommodation, i found this which looks good in Bern. You might want to check it out. Pension Marthahaus
Wyttenbachstrasse 22a
CH-3013 Bern
Tel:+41 (0)31 332 41 35
Fax:+41 (0)31 333 33 86
E-Mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.marthahaus.ch

i will forward you some quotes that i got from the hotels for your reference. Dont know if there will be useful...but the rates may be different as you r going in June.

I was thinking of leaving for Korea on the 23 or 30 May depending on the tour size. Thanks for the tips...it will be handy.

Kare: I received your package.... hubby and i are so touched... thanks so much for the effort. No problem...abt getting you something from Korea.

Ok...gals..i am on half day today...so i dont have time to really chat..i will be back next tues...meanwhile...i hope all will be well for my wedding this thursday...i am actually very anxious...Sigh...

Kan cheong...

vivace

hi ally,

i m interested in going for the course oso, where can i find more info on tat? any website tat i can search and book for the course? will u think is too early to take up the course thot usually is 2 mths b4? and can u tell us more abt it... quite curious
talker.gif
sorry for asking so many qn
embarrassed.gif

fishball

hi Serene,

good to hear that yr PS turn out well. Haha, one by one of us going for our PS, no time to meet!
happy.gif

hi kk,

Long time no 'chat'!
happy.gif
kekeke.... wah, hearing that you're bringing so much stuff ah? How to carry? Got friend go along with you? Your gowns must be very nice, cos everytime I pass by WA, the gowns always entice me!
lol.gif

priviledged

Hi Bigbird, we're having our dinner at the Regent. We've been writing our cards and calling friends this weekend. Very fun!

Our renovations should be starting today, taking delivery of some stuff this morning. My wonderful Fiance is 'camping' at the new flat this morning waiting for the deliveries and supervising the HDB contractors who are coming to rectify the faults before my ID firm starts.

K

kk

Hi Fishball,

HI Hi!! Long time never chat.. kekee...

Me bringing some soft toys u see, and hor, 3 pairs of shoes! I am still thinking whether i want to bring that many. Maybe reduce to 2 pairs - one for indoor, one for outdoor.

My hubby say take cab go WA, cannot take bus liao. hahahahaa... if not, take bus from sengkang to WA would be super fast
biggrin.gif

So far only 2 bags lor, we can still manage on our own .. kekeekee...
biggrin.gif

jazz

Meekoo, great! Did you manage to go for any outdoor shots?

May, good luck to your wedding! Mine will be 3 days after yours.
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi flowee,

how old is stitchie huh?
i thought they will have their menses only when
they are 8mths old? or m i wrong?
yap, i will be spaying cookie either end of this
month or early next month coz she is turning 6
mths old on 18 may and right time to spay her.

glad that stitchie is doing fine at your il's
place. she must be real happy.
happy.gif

btw, shez paper-trained?
how heavy is her now? cookie is abt 4.5kg liao
and seem to have grown longer and taller. =P

cookie also prefer mike to me as i discipline her
more than mike. i try not to be lenient to her.

hi elaine,

thanks for your compliments in the email hor.
happy.gif

sunflower26

ya.betr to postpone.u wanna hav ur beautiful shoots to last n hav the best outcome leh... =)
if time permits for the delay of the shoots.think it will b worthwhile to delay a bit.
hope ur eye is betr today.. =)
aiya.bloating again..... =Z

A

amerline

hi serene,

i agree on the awkward smiles but its also the 1st time i saw my FH smile so much in one day. Good experience!
biggrin.gif
everytime the photographer ask us to look at each other, we just burst out laughing due to the sily grins on each other faces

so which part of sentosa u went? how was the weather? mine was overcast at sunset, so didn't manage to get the sun....

hi kk

have fun! i wanted to bring my little doggy soft toy too but i have simply too many things to carry as we brought our own suit and gown and shoes. we actually too the MRT so it was super troublesome.

hi fishball,

saw from other threads that u selling wedding favours ah? What do you still have in stock? want to get some extras for all my helpers.

pausini

meekoo,
Wah wedding smooth smooth.. congrats!

kare: where got eng eng. my boss once again give me those urgent documentations to do last min. He actually want me to go to MOH to do some screen capture for the documentation. I told him i cant go liao * wink * i have to be careful now..

Dun know how is shook now.

May: half day. tm coming back or not? u need rest and need to relax liao lah.... be a happy bride okie!

Jazz: me still here. yah still going to msia n will be going back this friday nite. Infact looking forward for the trip.. so sian staying in singapore.

green

Hi,

I'm having my solemnization during the wedding, and would like to get some ideas from you if you don't mind sharing.

What is the standard text for wedding cards. I have no sample. Thanks

meekoo

hi jazz

actually cun go for the outdoor shot cos raining the noon!

good luck for the big day!

hi pausini

thks! enjoy your trip

K

kk

Hi Amerline,

Did the photographer took those grins? kekekekee.. it would be the most natural shots i guess :p

We will be bringing along our hello kitty chinese and jap pairs along, and also our wedding forever friends bears in chinese costume and also those small precious moments alphabet figurines
happy.gif

yah, i have my shoes and my hubby need to bring his shirts too!

okeanosmao

yah..so happy..its gonna b holiday again..hee..going to jb eat seafd...
biggrin.gif

but hor, after that no more holidays liao..hv to wait till national day..

kare2711

Pausini
I ask you hor..did you manage to get some outdoor shoots on the actual day of your wedding? When do you slot it in? After you have gone to your own house? Before you visited your mum?

May
No worries..it's not much trouble anyway.

leo29

Okean,

Ya lor, it's going to be a long wait for the next holiday. But hor, not so Pang Wang becos the next holiday is on sat and i'm on 5 days work so no different to me.
sad.gif

A

amerline

hi kk,

yes, i think we had quite a few shots with the silly grins.
rofl.gif

for outdoor, bring comfy shoes k? i nearly killed myself with 4 inch heels! so most of the time in sentosa i went ard barefoot
lame.gif

naturally

Err, wendy, was that a typo error? Were u trying to say: "My eyes <FONT COLOR="ff0000">not</FONT> swelling liao..."??? Dun tell me the doctor's cream not effective, then u better ask the same doctor for a better cream!

pausini

kare: is a outdoor - indoor shots lah. i slot in after my huby fetch me before i go back to my new hse for tea ceremony to my IL side. MIL wanted us to do it this way so after the shoots, we can go back for tea ceremony and lunch.

after that i change to tea dress and back to my mum place lor..

okeanosmao

for those working 5 days sure lugi..if national day falls on sunday n mon will b a holiday that's even better..
this year holidays not so gd cos mostly falls on thurs,sats..no chance to have long weekends hoidays..

flowee

gd afternn yi

stitchie is 1 mth older than cookie ger...
u dun remember oredi???
doggie their mense will come after 6mths or more...
u sure u wana 2 spay cookie nw???
y dun u wait 4 her 2 b more grown up b4 spayin her???
bein an adult dog can gives her more ability 2 go thru the spayin lor...
juz my thots...

she is considered paper trained i supposed...
but she pee n poo on the newspaper when she is @ my place...
@ my in laws she pee n poo on the floor @ times...
noti ger hor... :p

nt sure how heavy is she nw...
hvnt been weighin her since then... :p
she still looks as usual lor...
i think she is more or less this size since her 1st mense is here oredi...

she might b smaller than the MS ard but tats wat we like abt her...
small n light weighted...
happy.gif

brought her 2 c doc yesterdaz coz she had been scratchin herself, there's a patch of fur missin @ mouth area n she has been pluckin her own paw fur when she is bored @ home...
currentli she is on medication n has 2 put on a doggie collar 2 prevent her from touchin her body parts when we aint ard...

espresso

i'm working 5 days. if a public holiday falls on sat, we can take a day off any other time. i tot this's one of the rules and regulations from Min. of Manpower?

D

delannie

Hi all,

I'm feeling very down now....sorry to have used this thread to pour out my frustration! My Guo Da Li is next week.. my MIL &amp; mum seems to have a communication breakdown..or rather my MIL seems to have added words to my mum's mouth... now my mum is so upset with her...
sad.gif
Why can't a wedding be done in a happier &amp; less hassle way? I wonder in the future how are they going to talk
sad.gif
I felt that i have been sandwiched
sad.gif

K

kk

Hi Amerline,

Have u selected ur photos? kekeke... sorrie for asking cos sometimes i tend to lose track of wat we are talking here :p

I will be wearing my rom shoes about 2.5 inch. Still pretty ok. My feet are very adaptable to open toe shoes. But i can't say the same thing to close toe shoes.. hahaa.. that's why i have gotten myself all open toe shoes for wedding.

I scared to walk barefoot leh. I always feel i might step onto something on the beach.. kekeke..

soyabean

hi delannie...
dun be sad... communication breakdowns are not uncommon.

we jus hv to learn to deal with it. and jus explain to ur mum dat your mil did not reali understand wat was said and told.
happy.gif

i m sure on the day itself, everything will turn out fine.
happy.gif

totoro

Hi Delannie,

It can be real frustrating ya to be torn between two people. ....sometimes, try to say nice things or cover up...heehee for the both parties lor....

cheer up..and take it easy. and be happy

leo29

Espresso,

My company originally work 5 1/2 days but had change it to 5 days. This is an extra for the staffs so we are not entitle to have replacement off if PH falls on sat.

A

amerline

hi kk,

suppose to go select photos this week, but i postpone to 2nd week of June coz my FH having his exams.

i was too tired balancing on my heels till i decided to risk all by going barefoot. heehee can't imagine the actual day. whole day in 4 inches heels can die
lame.gif

u have lots of fun 2molo and tell us all abt it k?

21719.gif

K

kk

Hi Amerline,

Oh, how long ur shop takes to come out with the samples?
happy.gif
Yah after ps, guess we will look forward to photo selection
biggrin.gif

Heeee, yah i heard we will be in shoes for the whole day.. kekeeke.. that will be really tiring! Guess we will have phobia for heels ya? hahahaa...

Of course will share experience with all here
happy.gif
Hope everything is fine. Now constantly monitoring weather.. hahahaa... am more paranoid about the weather nowadays
biggrin.gif

Y

yi

halo flowee,

of coz i remember stitchie is an Oct baby and a mth older than cookie. =P but coz i read from bks
tat they wld start having menses at 8mths so i tot
stitchie is having it real sooner than others loh.

yap, think it is more advisable to spay cookie as
we bring her out quite often and when we meet up
with my friend's MS which is a male, itz safer 2
as my friend's MS is not neutered yet.
the last time i'm at the clinic, the vet says we
can spay cookie at 6mths so we thinking either
end of this mth or early next mth lor.
wat abt you? thinking of spaying stitchie?

cookie is fully paper-trained already coz when we
left her at my il's place last sat until evening
coz we went out to the sea with our friends, she
pee on the newspapers all the times thus making
her easy to babysit i guess. =P
she also very well-behaved that my sil who is
afraid of dogs, even volunteered to babysit for
us. hehehehe

yap, i think stitchie will be smaller than cookie
coz she is taiwan breed whereas cookie is
australian breed, thus bigger.
cookie is quite tall like me. hahahahaha

aiyo, poor stitchie, but i guess MS is really
prone to skin problems hor? cos cookie also have
small pumps on her body, so gonna put ointment and
bathe her in medicated shampoo once every 4 days
as prescribed.

fishball

hi kk,
yes, enjoy yourselves! Relax your facial muscles today (try not to smile AT ALL the whole day!), then tmrw grin as long as u can, ok? hahaha...

hi Amerline,

yes, I'm letting go some extras. Are you sure you want to give those to yr helpers? I think they are more suitable as favours leh... I think it'll be more personalised if you make gifts for your helpers instead, or buy personalised gifts to what they would like/need. Wat abt the 'bouquet' you showed us?

ally

hi vivace... the course i went for was organised by my church
happy.gif
if u're a christian, can consider asking ur church about such courses. most churches do organise marriage preparation courses for their members. if u want more details about the course i went to, i can email u
happy.gif

alternatively, there are such courses organised by community organisations in conjuction with MCDS too. currently, there is a free 3h online marriage preparation course by fei yue, supported by MCDS. u can find out more about the course from the link below:

http://www.aboutfamilylife.org.sg/

click on the 'e-learn your way to a happy marriage' banner on the site homepage
happy.gif