(2003) Brides of year 2003

cookiecorgi

hi hi ...

1027:
so you went arab street ah? I have been wanting to drop by that place.. but not sure where it is... do you have the address? or where it is near? then i can get my hubby to go look see with me.
happy.gif

yah... cut down on carbo and do some exercise will be good for losing weight... :p

serene:
you are also doing up your house? did you engage a ID to do the reno? any ID to recommend? I will be getting the keys to my house in a few months time.. so has been looking at IDs for the past few weeks.... where is your new place?

ann

Hi Nicky,
glad to know that you and your hubby happy with the photo shots. Me too happy with ours.. we top up to develop more photos..

i just went to select the wedding cards today.. should be able to print by next week when the sample wordings are out.. (btw, where did you print your cards.. how much and how many cards??)

N

novgroom

Meow,

Thanks for remembering my ROM date.. haha.. by the way.. I am also going for my photo taking this coming tuesday.. wish me good luck..
happy.gif

clyne

Meow,

Thank U..Yesterday was raining cats and dogs so din go Fort Canning to take photos..So all my photos restricted to ROM inside..
ROM is restricted to 8 pp but still got so many pp there..almost late!!! =)

cookiecorgi: arab street is a WHOLE street lined with textile merchants. Royal brothers has 3 outlets there.

Arab street is located opposite a hotel (can't remember the name); the hotel is located near the fly-over leading to ECP.

Aiyah, tell your hubby is near golden mile complex where they sell the army stuff. Arab street is on the same side of the road as the place that sells army stuff, just that it's nearer to town.

Landmarks along the way is the Concourse, and that hotel.

woodstock

Hi all May Brides,

Just had my wedding lunch at Grand Hyatt yesterday! I have the following bottles of wine left from the event and would like to sell it off. If possible, I would like to deliver the wine by tomorrow evening as I would be flying off for my honeymoon tomorrow night. Please contact me at [email protected] with your contact number. Priority would be given to those who will buy all the bottles or all the Red wine or all the White wine (I'm hoping not to sell them bottle by bottle....)

Eaglehawk Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 - 6 bottles
- selling at $12/bottle (bought at $15.95/bottle)

Jacob's Creek Chardonnay Vintage 2002- 4 bottles
- selling at $15/bottle (bought at $19.40/bottle)

Best wishes to all your weddings this Month!!
happy.gif

sue

Hi all: MIA for one whole week because busy with the guo da li stuff & finalising the gown. Lost some weight again & this is my final alteration. I've cancelled my M'sia wedding dinner becos of sars as most pple feedback that they will not attend the dinner. However, we'll still go thru the ceremony & have a buffet lunch instead. Luciky, after some negotiation, FH's parents decided to carry on with the S'pore wedding dinner. Now free to log in becos FH went over to cousin's place to finalise the flash presentation. We are very stressed now becos hv not finalise the songs & program list & hotel is calling us to meet them for briefing. *sign*

Hi Woodstock, congrats & enjoy yr honeymoon.

Hi Oso32, my Guo da li is also on 6 May. The date changed from 1 May to 3 May & finally 6 May. Just bought most of the stuff on 1 May with my mum in Chinatown. There seems to be so many stuff to buy suddenly.

Hi Shook, Sorry to abt those mishap. You need to see a doctor to get those pills to stop the mense & hv to do it two weeks before yr next period. My mense will fall on my wedding too but I'll just let it come because don't want to disrupt the cycle. I might have to cancel or postpone my honeymoon becos FH went for a job interview & they are keen to take him except he can't take leave during the first mth. He is willing to forgo the $1000 deposit that we have placed so I've to be supportive since he's going to get a new job.

Hi May, Fave nails has 2 outlets. One @ Shaw Ctr, behind Isetan Scotts & the other one is @ OUB Ctr. Since yr wedding is on a weekday, you can get their off peak price. $48 for medi & pedi, top up $10 more for french. $58 is really cheap. Most of my friends paid $70 - $80 for french manicure. I recommended one of my friend there & she also like their svc. Let me know if u r keen, can provide u the nos.

Hi Meekoo, thanks for sharing yr pixs. Agree with the rest, u r so skinny but u really look good. Is that all u've for yr photos?

nicky

Hi ann

the printer was recommended by my mum. i m doing my printing on inserts. printed 350 pieces. haven paid the printer yet. but he said shld be abt $100.

how abt yrs?

jus

Hello girls,

was a bit busy last few days...
hence din log on
how's everybody doing? fine? having fun with the wedding preparation?
must share ok... ; )

Hi amerline,

went to TC today
went with my MIL and has been busy finalising my PS arrangement, hence din inform you in advance...
would you still be collecting your CS on Monday?

very excited over my gowns... hee hee (i supposed all brides feel the same ; ))
I am very happy with my gowns ; )
but Rick is still working on the WG
would be going down one more time to collect all the gowns somewhere end of this week

Saw Rick working on your CS
look even nicer with the beading... so stunning!!!

hi cookie,

yeap arab street is near the Concourse
another useful landmark would be Raffles Hospital
has been thinking there as well
to get ribbons and small flowers for wrist corsages
hee hee , thinking of making them myself... but see how-lar... got time or not
hee hee

how about yourself? getting cloth for your bridesmaids?

besse

Congratz Clyne and Nov Groom!
happy.gif

Gals.. 6 more months!! Excited leh!! Me going for 1st fitting on this coming Sat!!

How's everyone? Been long time since i came in and kpo ard!!
happy.gif

dena

To All Nov Brides

I m new here. After reading thru all your posting,it seem like all of you know alot. Wonder anyone of you could share with me especially what to buy and what to do on the actual day!!!

the shop that selling at the west side is located near the market. It is just beside the Town Council building (BLK 509). Heard that their price is not cheap.

shook

Hihi Sue

4th May is a very gd date. My MIL got someone to choose my wedding date. Dat wz the date being chosen. But my MIL dropped the date coz it falls on a weekday.

I will oso let my period comes naturally.

My honeymoon hanging in the air now. Anyway no time to do plan 4 it. Might go free n easy wif Jazz in Jun.

Y u 4go the $1,000 deposit? Can't u defer to another date?

meow

Novgroom,
Oh, PS so early huh? Wow! Must tell us the result hor. I believe it'll be a tiring day. So where you going for your PS?

Clyne,
Oh my poor girl, yeah i remembered it was raining very badly. *sigh* too bad you wasn't able to take any outdoor shoots...nevermind, next time can have excuse to get hubby to have PS there again hor...
lol.gif
Huh only 8 ppl there huh?? Aiyo that time i have close to 25ppl leh but it maybe better too hor...can save on the lunch hor?

Welcome Dena
bounce.gif

it pretty hard to say what to buy and do on actual day. Believe no one have a true answer for that. It depends on both your parents and PIL, not to say your dialect too..
But of course there's still somethings that you can't avoid like what we have mention here earlier.

ava

COngrats to Clyne & Nov Groom! ;)

Bet you're a little relieved now
happy.gif
now more big event to go! ;) ACTUAL DAY!

bet all our hearts are doing flip flops
happy.gif
i know mune is!
happy.gif

getting very excited!!!

besse must tell us how ur 1st fitting was okie
happy.gif
have fuN!
happy.gif

sunnyling

Hi lkf

Did you go on Sunday? I already sms my friend on Friday liao but she didn't reply me leh but I thk shouldn't be a problem right?

A

amerline

hi jus

yuppz, saw ur gowns when i went down again on sat for additional fittings! they were doing the beading on the back of ur WG, very impressive!

i requested for heavier beading on my CS as i will be wearing it in place of my EG. they are rushing it as i need it for my PS on wed. I am going down to collect it tomolo! is it nice? i have not seen the latest additions yet, so excited!!
bounce.gif

so many things to do leh. got to go my slimming, facial, manicure, pedicure, collect CS, go dentist etc.... die, one day how to do so many things? got to go work somemore!
sad.gif

may

Shook: i always drink on the plane so tat i can sleep. But agree tat you shld not drink on empty stomach. I once had food poisoning on a flight from Sin to Melbourne. It was horrid. I either got it from the food at Sing airport or SQ flight. But suspect the former. Puke and puke ... so i can understand how u feel.

I am very stress. Still have not finalize the flash presentation for the wedding. My brother is working on it and think we can only finish everything next Sunday and i can only test it in the hotel 2 days before wedding. My songs are more or less finalise. except i need to look for a new in song for the 2nd march in.

I think it is ok to remove the plastic after u an chuang...i am worst ..i will be changing a new mattress coz of the tear. Also dunno must an again or not...very sian...but at least Simmons is nice enuf to know the urgency of my case. They promised to settle it asap.

I didnt sleep well last nite. Think i finally doze off at 4 am. i was very worried....and suddenly in the middle of the nite - my heart was pumping very fast..i think i had a panic attack! i suddenly do not wish to go thru the ceremony anymore...i m just v worried...SIGH...

I have got the MC speech from the hotel
. Thanks. My hubby wrote his own thank you speech. i went on strike...ha..ha...

Sue: i also will b having flash presentation. i was wondering the hotel sound system can be link to the computer to blast the music in teh flash program hor? this prsentation is making me so stress...

sorry to hear abt yr m'sia wedding..so u postponing till when?

which outlet shld i go for the fave nails?

honeymoon...i am so tired now that i dont have the energy to research on it. My hubby driving me crazy..now he is more receptive to the idea of going to Europe...Argh....

Shook: i will be checking on going to Rome F&E, since SQ is offering good price for the air ticket. But now confirmed yet.

cherubies

Hi sleepy,

i'm now at home studying for my exams... hee hee.

oh, don't worry at the guest list. get your FH to sit with you to look at the guest list. i did that and came up with four different ones (my own personal, fh personal, his parents' guests, my parents' guests). in the end we have a rough guide on who to invite.

my invitation cards are ready and we should be collecting it after my trial makeup this wed aft. wed morning i will be having my exams. talk about a stressed bride....

kare2711

May
How much is SQ charging ah?

Relax ah! Wah .. you sound really really stressed. Take some 'me time' and just forget everything for a while, ok?

What do you mean flash presentation ah? You sound like a pro!!! So you are not using Powerpoint presentation? But Flash? Is this better than Powerpt?

Why don't you take MC today and rest at home? According to my colleague, if you have imsonia, you can actually take a day's MC.

happygal

May May, we calling for u, do dropby Amara thread if u free
happy.gif

Louie back frm her honeymoon liao

Pausini,

congrats to ur beautiful day
happy.gif

hear frm u again

besse

NovGroom

Missed the part you going for PS.. hehe.. no nid luck, except for the weather.. just sleep plenty k?! Do drop us a few shots when you get it!!
happy.gif

Ava

K.. will update!! you gone for your fit oledy?!

leo29

Gals,

Did you all change to a new set of bedsheet before wedding day? Meaning one for An Chuang and one for our wedding. One of my friend is doing this and I find it very funny. Just imagine my An Chuang was 3 days before my wedding.

You all very fast lei, start to buy all those wedding stuff liao. Me didn't even get a single thing. Buy tea set for our hubby side? Is it consider part of our Jia Zhuang?

When you gals hubby going to Ti Qing? Originally planning was 3 mths b4 our wedding but afraid too rush for us to prepare the things so intend to do it next mth.

Sunnyling,

Where is Aussino located? The tea set look nice. No wonder you like it so much.

Clyne and Novgroome,

Gong Xi Gong Xi!

besse

Leo29

Hmm.. usually After An Chuang, not suppose to zzz on the bed leh.. until after wedding day.. I think my An Chuang will be much earlier.. MIL said prob on guo da li..

i hv not bot much wedding stuff.. err.. mum and mil told me go buy 8 sets of new clothes for dowry.. *faint.. how to buy 8 sets?!

what's ti qing? what must be done during ti qing? hmm.. we planning for both sides parents to meet over lucnh.. can use that session as ti qing?? Damn lost!!

Aussino can be found in Plaza SIngapura, 2nd floor.

Gal, I not yet rec your trial gowns photos leh! *sulk*.. got send me or not???

Me going for 1st fitting this Sat!! wonder how it will be like! *ponder* what must i prepare huh?

jus

Hi Amerline,

Me too… very excited (though the PS is about 1 week’s time hee hee)
Yeap yeap… not enough time to do all those things…
This whole week, I would be totally occupied in the evenings to prepare for the PS
-- collect gowns, suits, manicure, facial, collect flowers etc etc… (faint liao…)

and for your case, you must be even more excited – Wednesday the day!!!
Are you taking tomorrow off to prepare your things and to pamper yourself?

Rick added more details to your CS (added those gold dots)
Hence, it became even more glittery and more ‘details’
I think it would look really good especially under the hotel dinner lightings (subtle ‘glitteries’)
You can also get your photographer to take close-up photos of you in your CS, to capture the CS details ; )
Don’t worry, I am sure the final product would look even better than the time you last saw it
; )

K

kk

Hi Jus,

When is ur photoshoot? Next Monday? Mine is next tuesday! Where will u be going for ur outdoor ps?

Yah, me feeling very excited too! But U will feel the excitement more than I do cos u need to do so many things for preparation. For me, everything is handled by my bridal shop, so i just need to be mentally ready that's all
biggrin.gif

may

Kare: SQ charging S$800 for ticket to Rome. But most agent charges another S$50 for admin fees.

Cant MC lah...if i stay at home..i will go crazy...now at least at work, i get distracted.

I now pro...my brother and dad is doing the flash presentation...i only tell them what i want...but even then it is already very stress...

the panic attack i had was very scary...i now worried that on actual day i will experience the same thing...

in fact, i feel like busting into tears any moment...i cant find the suitable song for 2nd march in..sigh...help!

sweetie

Hi,
I went to Plaza Singapura Aussino on friday and also bought a set of quilt cover set and bedsheet. Cost less than $100. I bought a sweet pink one with embroidery type.... Will reserve that for wedding....
happy.gif

jus

Hi kk,

I think all brides would be excited about their PS (hee hee…)
Wonder what would it be like if it’s the actual day? Sure blur and excited at the same time; n most prob cannot sleep the night before hahaha

Ya-lor, yours would be so much more convenient compared to mine
One stop for everything!

I am going to Penang for my PS (hee)
PS starting on Sunday
My Singapore local PS is on Friday
Planning to go to Grand Copthorne (the bridge) and Raffles Hotel for the shoot
Opting out of beach, blue sky type of shoot as this would be covered in Penang (hopefully!) ; )
How about yourself?
Btw, what are the things that we need to prepare for PS?

meow

Girls,
I believe all of you have recieve a mail from Yve. Do take a look hor.

Yve,
Its kinda hard to manage leh.
happy.gif

Besse,
Sure you can treat that meetup as Tiqing i believe of parents will sure talk about the wedding one.
happy.gif
As for the 8 set of clothings, can it be any clothings like t-shirts and such?

Leo29,
No lah, i not really buy all these things yet. Believe when both parents really sit down and talk, then all these things can finalise then buy better lor. Right? I think i'm having the mmetup session next month too.

kare2711

May
Not a bad idea to cry out loud at times? I think in a certain way, that relieves stress. Better to cry than build up all within.

pausini

Hi girls,

Me back.. Ok ok still at home. resting today but will be back to office tm.

It was really a day man. All things goes well.

Happygal, thanks.... ! cheers!

May: relax, u got to relax a bit. i used "dreaming of u" from selena. very nice song. if u dun mind can use the same song as me too...

My dinner and day event went well. only that it rain when i am going for me PS outdoor. too bad lor but water brings wealth too.. hee hee hee...

Kare: how is ur preparation.?

Sue: u cancel ur trip to msia? me still on. dun care liao lah.. SARS is in control in spore.. me not that scare now..

Shook: good that most of the things goes well. Even if it is not, that is normal. I think we tend to be a bit paranoid over stuffs that does goes according to plan. After the wedding we will laugh abt the whole process...

Woodstock: same day too? which hotel?

My restaurant did take temperature for the guests. dun really think it is necessary....

Oh, i think video camera is really a must during wedding... it is the best way to record all the moments.

Haha, my hubby is late to fetch me. he give the excuse that the drive took the wrong route. My ah yee only manage to negotiation for a while. they open my door when my ah yee are unnotice. My hubby very clever this time. dun know who teach him to steal my keys to duplicate. My Ah yee are very shocked and "angry" luyckily two manage to rush into my room to block them... hahaha.......

so careful with ur keys ok. dun be like me got duplicated also dun know...

annmelody

Hi....

wondering for traditional purposes...what else do we need to prepare and buy other than the tea pot& cups and new bedsheets?

lkf

novgroom n clyne

Congratulations to your ROM.
bounce.gif

meow

i left the piece of paper which i copied the address of the shop on at home (me very forgetful, so sorry) so can only post it when i reach home this evening.
embarrassed.gif

sunnyling

i went down on Sun but it's closed. think Sun is their restday. may i join u n meow to go there instead? otherwise i will hv to drop by on my sat off. anyway i bought a pair of lamps (battery-operated ones) from a shop in bedok, cost me abt $8.00. all these wedding stuff r really not cheap...

leo29

dun think i will change to another set of bedsheet cos my an-chuan is quite near to my customary date. i also thot that we r not supposed to sleep on the bed until after the wedding. anyway i went to look at my bedsheet the other day. i realised a few of us are having the same design. the brand is epitex, red quilt cover and grey bedsheet set with some heartshaped patterns. no wonder the lady at john little said this is very popular and selling fast...
happy.gif

leo29

Besse,

8 sets???? Alot lei! You shld be happy wat, you so Ai Shui, can take apportunity to buy many clothes. Just joking! I think 8 is a good sign so they ask you to buy 8 sets. Must it be set or you can buy T shirts to match with skirt/pant/jean?

Ya, I know cannot sleep on it after An Chuang. She also never sleep on it but still have to change a new set before her wedding.

You mean my trial gown photos? I sent you 3 times liao lei. What Happen huh! The rest all received liao.

Ti Qing mean both side parent meet up to discuss dowry, cakes qty, how many table gal side want bla bla bla. After this then Guo Da Li. Yes, can discuss it during lunch. Some of them even use food tasting for Ti Qing. My case, I think they will come to our house.

K

kk

Hi Jus,

Yah, i heard most brides, and even grooms, can't get to sleep the nite before actual day. Probably i can't even sleep the nite before my ps
biggrin.gif
Actual day and ps are not only going to be busy, on our part it is gonna be excited, blur and also tiring.. kekee...

Wow, why penang for ps? That must be really exciting for u rite?
happy.gif
So ur ps, both penang and singapore, stretch over almost 1 week??

For me, we will be going to Sentosa and Esplanade for outdoor ps. Yesterday went sentosa for a recee. Noticed that the Beach and ferry terminal are ideal for ps
happy.gif

Yah, that's what i am going to ask. What things do we need to bring for ps? For myself, i have prepared to bring blotters, water (in bottle + straw), makeup remover sheets, umbrella, and other misc stuff. Any other things that are really necessary?

meow

Lkf,
Sure no prob...i'll say you bought the lamp at a reasonable price. When i was at Chinatown, they cost $10 a pair leh.

blackcurrant

Hi everyone,

Can I check what's the current trend for engraving on wedding bands? the couple's names or just your hubby's name alone?

Another question is about e-filing for solemnization of ROM date. How do we know if the date we applied for is successful? All that's reflected is the date I filed for notice of marriage. Thank u.

leo29

lkf,

Hahaha.., so many of us are having the same bedsheet. Me still still looking around, if have nicer one I will replace it. Thinking of buying quilt, for the sake of quilt cover. Should I buy those cheap cheap one becos my hubby and me don't cover with blanket.

Sunnyling,

Ok, thanks.

Besse,

Forget to thanks you for the Aussino location just now.

Meow,

That is what I'm worried also. I afraid if I buy it now and later find out cannot/not going to use then will be very wasted lor!

Annmelody,

Still got many things. But can't really think of now. I can tell you is those general thing eg pillow, bloster, toothbrush/paste, towel, face towel and pajamas.

Gals,

Are you gals going to buy full set of Jia Zhuang like, washing basin, Urine Urn, baby bath tub...?
Hahaha..., my dad even mention sewing machine, i want to faint liao.... But I don't think my mum will agreed becos she more open minded.

meow

Hi blackcurrant.
The kind of engraving is up to you. Commonly ppl use your hubby's name in your ring along with the date and his with yours. For me, i had something different. I had this : a vow a kiss which symbolise the ROM procedure along with our date too. Or maybe you can choose: Taken on (date) kinda cute kind loh.
happy.gif

When your application for e-filing is done, you should be ask to print a letter right?

besse

Meow

8 sets of clothings, i have no guidelines.. grr.. but MIL says must be sui sui wan so people open cupboard can see nice dowry you bring over from mum's plc... *roll eyes

LEo

Babe.. 8 sets a lot leh.. i hardly shop these days.. and shopping for clothes most sian one.. i am more a shoes and bag person, not clothes.. haiz..

Hmm.. think the meetingup will b the ti qing then.. cos MIL kept asking wat my mom wans.. a bit paisey to answer rt? hmm.. dunno lar, leave it to my mom..

so they going to your place? hehe.. i think i prefer outside.. hiaks, cos too lazy to pack my plc.. hiaks..

Never rec leh.. really!! send to my office addie .. [email protected] please..

Thanks

meow

Leo29,
I thought those things you mention are quite common? Maybe becos i'm getting my new house and i want to get in terms of set. So those you listed there i've already bought except for toothbrush/paste and pyjamas. Dun like wearing that leh.Huh? washing basin and urine urn...??? Thou i saw those in Chinatown, but do we really need to get those? Put where?? Basin still reasonable but urine urn????
uhoh.gif

meow

Yve where are you?

Besse,
she did not sent to you meh?? Some of them already receive leh. Think need her to come in here first.

Grace are you around too? Where you work huh?