(2003) Brides of year 2003

may

Meeko: u r very skinny to me. Petite too...wish i am yr size...great photos anyway! Thanks for sharing.

Shook: tat is good. So u got all the additional discount for the wine? The wine is good but quite lethal...i drank half glass last nite and was knocked out. So sleepy ...feel asleep on my sofa. Hubby says then our guests will not be drinking the wine like water.

Did my GDL and An-chuang yesterday...all went well. Except that when we tore open the plastic covering for our Simmons mattress...we discovered that there was a tear at the corner of the top mattress joining the side. SIGH....the mattress was delivered 2 mths ago and it was in our bedroom and we didnt even check till an chuang day....and now wedding is 14 days away...also dunno what will happen. I have called them yesterday but coz it is public holiday so i am waiting for them to get back to me. very upset..it is a simmons mattress and such thing can happen, dont they do qc? anyway, we proceeded to an chuang...dunno must do it again if we changed a new mattress...

I am going for my final fitting tmw...hopefully can still wear the gowns.

Just received an email from my hotel, they will be doing temperature checks on our banquet guests. I am glad that they r doing it...hubby and family were all talking abt it...hubby now very happy...says it give additional assurances to our family and guests.

sleepy

Cookiemz, hahah...serious picnic huh? Good thing the gown did not burst...
proud.gif
...aiya..your advice on the hair thing came abit late for me...Could have been very helpful. I almost tear my hair apart. I got not much hair u know...kept dropping...hope my hair can last until July...dun wanna be a botak bride.
embarrassed.gif

So LT, how PS? Should be super fun! I opt for more studio cos I'm perspire easily. Thought I make a right choice, cos my picture at the beach show a tired and oily face. Well, that's me.

Hi cherubies, I thought it will be unique at Mohd Sultan. More of the shop houses....very cina type...

What are you ladies busy about now? I can't be bother with guest list...each time I see it, I want to throw it aside.....it's a big headache...

meow

Sunnyling,
Then you better take care of yourself too.
happy.gif

Have everyone bought all the items for the customary wedding like bedside lamp, teaset..what else?

sunnyling

Meow

I already buy the teaset with Dragon and Pheonix type but very nice I like it cos I thk is not very old fashion. I buy from my friend mum and she say is very sellable for this set of teaset and is the last set cost me $15. Luckily I ask her to reserve 1st or else thk is finish liao.

feb

Hi Meow

Do you know where to buy the bedside wedding lamps that run by electricity...Me still looking for one...Dun want those that run by battery or oil..

meow

Sunnyling,
Think i've seen something similar like what you describe. Is it those shiny surface kind? The dragon and pheonix is drawn on ones? Where does your friend's mum sells all these items?

Feb,
I've seen those run by batt and oil kind...but not those electric ones

sunnyling

Meow

Shiny ah I dun remember but is Gold color. Is with dragon and pheonix on the it loh. My friend mum shop should be in North Bridge Road I only went once so dun remember. Normally I want something I just let my friend know than she will order and bring to me loh so seldom go to the shop.

meow

Sunnyling,
Can help me find out the address? I believe its in the North bridge road too. Gold one...one of my sec friend also have a gold one. The drawings are more to engrave on one right?

sunnyling

Meow

Yap more on engrave type I check with my friend whether she got the photo cos she using the same set for her wedding last year. If she have the photo maybe can email you but cant confirm whether she had the picture with her now but hor that time she told me that the 1 she give me is the last set liao so if you want it must check with her and if buy from her is cheaper than go down the shop cos her mum usually charge us cheaper or charge us the cost price but hor cant order too much lah cos will pai seh. I let you know later cos she out for lunch now.

meow

Thanks Sunnyling,
But i think i need to know what designs i'm looking for too. Unless ahe has a catalog which i believes ahe dun lor. That's why maybe i can ask from you where the shop is and look at the design hee.
happy.gif

sunnyling

Btw my friend mum shop not those shop specialize in selling all the wedding things leh. The shop sell alot of thing like bamboo, plate, knief etc etc more on household thing.

besse

Hi Gals

I've bought some AMORE SPa package at a v good price during special promotion some 2 months ago, and will not be able to finish utilising it by expiry.

Am willing to let it go at cost $68 per voucher when usual price is at 100+ per package.

Expiry day - May 20th

Details as follow:

Package 1. Royal Treat (2 vouchers) comprises of :
a. Swedish Body Massage - a relaxing full body massage using 100% pure sweet almond oil. (60mins)
b. Body Seaweed wrap- a revitalising full body seaweed wrap (30mins)
c. Aromatic Steambath

Package 2. Instant Glow (2 vouchers) comprises of:
a. Full Body Peppermint Polish (20mins)
b. Deadsea mud wrap (30mins)

You can go 2 anyone of the amore spa branches to exercise these vouchers - Bugis Village, East Point, Bukit Timah Plaza, Cineleisure Orchard, Tiong Bahru Plaza

shook

Hihi Kare
I bought 20 bottles of wine. Din allocate a specific no of bottle to a table.

Hihi May
Gd dat the wine is lethal, then guests will not be drinking the wine like water as wat yout hubby said.
My GDL is 2day. My hubby went to my rm n woke me up. Dunno y I m v v tied lately. Always wake up late. We juz xchange the item n go to work. My parents ang chuang 4 me 2day.
I oso din check my mattress. Hopefully u get a new mattress. Where did u get your mattress fm?
Amara v gd leh. I had to request Carlton to take temperature 4 my guests. Of coz they abide to my request.

yve

Sunnyling, the teaset looks okay. My mom still has one set from her wedding. So will use that for the tea-ceremony at my place. Need to get another set for the tea-ceremony at FH place. Cannot be carrying the tea-set all around Singapore, right??

happy.gif

yve

Meow and Sunnyling,
$15 is a reasonable price for the teaset too. I know some pple use the japanese style teaset. but some elders would not like it. Oh, for the tea, i guess normal tea will do uh? But I just think that sharing the cups among everyone is gross. So take the time to wash the cups properly between each set of elders.

Feb,
Why do u want wedding lamps that run on electricity? usually just need to run for a night, and after that wun be using the lamps anymore. I will probably get the battery-operated ones.

meow

Sunnyling,
Yeah we can see the picture alright. Dun think my friend's one is this. Think hers is the very old kind. Its such a coincidence that her hubby also have the same teaset.

Yve,
Yeah lor dun think we should carry the teaset around. But is it a must we get a set for our FH? Cos my mum say no such thing leh

may

Shook: the wine is very full bodied - so some might consider it thick...but u must instruct the waiter and waitress not to pour too much. Just a quarter can liao...dont waste t...some pple might find it too strong.

good tat u didnt buy the Shiraz one...it will be very peppery..i dont like wine to b spicy.

hope u will have the chance to taste the wine yrself.

I bought the simmons matress from simmons gallery at IMM. the customer service called and i am waiting for them to call me back to confirm the time that they will be coming to my house to check. They say need to send a representative to come and take a look. I told them my wedding in 2 weeks and they say they will try their best to fix the problem. SiGH.

i think u r stress as well. i also very tired. esp. after i moved into the new house. try to relax ok.

quite pleased that Amara Hotel is making the effort to reassure us and the guests. They will also be issuing fever free stickers to the guests as well. and their staff will also wear the sticker. i wonder if i need to wear too. will look quite weird w my gown man.

yve

Meow,
Maybe the teaset is part of the stuff that we have to bring to FH side? If not suppose to be, also need to buy one set. If dun wan to buy, see if can share with other brides?? cos usually just use once only. Wun be using it for everyday life. So oh-biang leh.

friday leow lor!! great!! i gng gym later..

sunnyling

Teaset suppose to be part of the stuff we got to buy for FH side loh. So thk cant share leh unless both your parent and PIL side dun mind.

meow

Yve,
I believe the tea is not those normal tea leaves. My mom had red dates and some others stuffs inside.

Anyone wearing kwa? I'm thinking of getting embriodery shoes

lkf

hello sunnyling

do u hv the address of the shop at north bridge rd? I think there's a few shops selling household wares around the area (beach road/crawford side). will be going to my old office to get something after work today (can go home earlier at 5 today) so can drop by there to look look see see. thk the shops usually close at 6 pm.

lkf

meow

me also wearing kua. i also thot of getting embrodiary shoes initally but they r not cheap and i seldom wear them. i am thinking of getting a pair of silver or matt gold shoes to match. One of my friend match her kua with her champagne colour shoes.

perhaps u can go to OG to check them out. i saw some shoes with beading at the albert complex branch n they r hving 20% discount till 4 may. hope this help.

yve

Neighbourhood shops selling pots and pans also have such teasets. Just that they may charge a higher price. So no need to rush to chinatown to buy it.

If happen to be in Chinatown to buy other things, then can buy it lor. Got a fren who bought her kwa ($300 or $400 SGD) and teaset from Hong Kong! Two of us went with her during that shopping trip. She din want to wear a second-hand kwa.

I am planning to wear a kwa too, though not getting any special shoes. Will wear my one and only pair of shoes for the day.

About the tea, if no red-dates also can lah. I am not the one drinking it. :p

feb

Hi Yve

No leh...Heard from my mum that the bedside wedding lamps need to be on for three full days leh..tat is why i dun want the battery operated one...

yve

Feb,
wah.. That's a long time. I guess the lamps are suppose to be on for the period that we are married till we go back to our home on the third day. If on for 3 days, dunno how many batteries needed.

lkf

sunnyling

got it liao. many thanks. i think i know where the shop is. it's above the north bridge rd wet mkt, rt? is the shop open on Sun? I may go down this Sun morning to take a look then i can hv breakfast there. the lor mee at the coffershop below is quite nice.

feb

u r only going back to ur house on the third day? for my case i will be buying a pair of battery operated ones as i need to lit them overnite. do anyone happen to know where i can get them besides chinatown? read some -ve comments abt the chinatown stall so i may try the shops near my house 1st.

lkf

sunnyling

originally i am thinking of going today but think too rush already. u may not hv the time to inform ur friend. anyway the place is just a few busstops away from me.

meow

u need me to get the set for u? let me know ok. i can meet around town area to pass the set 2 u.

lkf

sunnyling

yah as per the email list will do. thanks 4 ur help. i think ur shop open quite around 8.15 am quite early one.

feb

Hi Yve, Ikf

I also dunno leh...But that is what my mum tell me have to on the lamps for 3 days irregarless on when u returning to the house. Once we entered my own house on the actual day, have to start to light liao and leave it on till the third day lor...That is all I know...That is why we dun prefer to have the battery operated one...

meow

Sunnyling,
Can i have the address too? Maybe we can go down together and buy see can get cheaper price or not leh.

As for the shoes with embroidery ones. I think i saw those in OG. Was with Grace and she's my model that day since i wear sports shoes lor. Hee In fact i think i happen to pass a shop selling that kind of shoes and very cheap. I was passingby very fast so can't really see the price and item. If i'm not wrong, it cost less than $20 but no heels

Lkf,
You going down tonight or sunday? I believe i need to get at least a set lor unless we can reuse our parents ones. Actually i was at Chinatown yesterday. While waiting for hubby to go find Nick(my actual day photographer) i was shopping alone. Happen to walk to the wet market. Saw quote a no. of shops selling those beadsheet set and those teasets and others like pyjamas, plates, sticker blah blah but not sure what to get and what not to..
sad.gif
So didnt get anything but only survey lor.

A

amerline

hi ladies,

everybody very bz eh? anyway hope everyone is fine and enjoy the weekend!

21289.gif

sunnyling

Meow

I email you liao but this Sunday i cant go leh I already got appointment liao. I check with my friend when she going down maybe go down with her better cos is her mum shop can only let you gals know on Monday.

meow

Sunnyling,
I dun mean to go down this weekend lah. Another day also can. Anyway i'm not available and not ready on what to get yet. Jus to share something with all of you. When my sis was married last year, my mom gave her teaset to the groom side. Then my sis didn't get any teaset too. In the end my mom took my tare panda teaset that only have 2 cups. Cute huh?? Maybe i should follow too...my teaset will be a cute one. Haha
lol.gif

shook

Hihi May

Sorry, I missed the ans to your question. Yes i got the 3% + 5% discount. The 3% discount is in the system. I wz quite worried they will not give the 3% discount to me as I dun have the newspaper cutting.

U r a gd wine taster. I dunno how 2 appreciate wine. I used to like to drink alochol once in a while. I wz drank once on the plane fm London back to Singapore. Thot drinking could help me to sleep in the plane. But I drank wif an empty stomach so the effect wz strong. True enuff I fell asleep v fast. I puke when I woke up n wz feeling nausea thru out. Dat wz a v lousy experience. Fm then on, the smell of alcohol reminds me of dat incidence. So I can't take alochol now except some fruity champagne.

Juz now my hubby showed me the signature scroll dat Carlton provided. It is actually our photos. I picked 3 photos but my hubby sent all those photos wif the same gown as the 3 I picked. The one the designer picked is not among the 3 I chose. Boy, I wz then upset. No strength to get furious anymore. My hubby called the designer n asked her to choose fm the 3 I provided.

My mum juz called. My dad n her ang chuang 4 me liao. However they put the bedsheet without removing the plastic. I told my mum the mattress is v dirty due to the drilling did by the carpenter. The carpenter put my mattress straight against the wall, so I can't reach the side facing the wall n the flr when I cleaned it yesterday. Sigh.... I dunno wat to say. Can still take out the bedsheet then remove the plastic?

I believe all of us r stress n tired. U oso take care of yourself.

Have u written your hubby's thank you speech? Do u still need the emcee speech? Carlton gave emcee speech go us.

Hahaha, may b u paste the sticker on your arm then cover it wif your shawl. I dunno if Carlton will provide sticker.

lkf

sunnyling

hv u informd u friend already? if not, can i join u n meow instead? then i can rackie around the shops in my neighbourhood tomorrow or sun morning to find out what things i can get from them, esp the battery-operated lamps. btw i also need 1 set only, for the tea ceremony at hubby's side as i can use my mom's teaset over at my end. my mom's set is very traditional one. btw, i got a list of things which my friend's mom got for her when she got married (she n me cantonese, u see). there r things like pillow, bedsheet, face towels, baby bathtub, spitton, sawing kit etc on the list...lucky thing is that most of the itmes can be found in the neighbourhood shops, otherwise also headache.

feb

i checked with 2 of my best friends, they also can't dunno where to get those electical table lamps as they used the battery-operated ones. can u get the normal table lamp and stick the shuang-xi stickers on the lamp shade or something? u will hv to check with ur mom on this.

meow

me also jus as headache as u. sometime i walk past those shops in Chinatown i also just browse only as i dun really know what to buy. the only i had bought are the stickers (those with shuang-xi ones, quite cute). anyway do u stay in the west? there's a shop in Jurong selling traditonal wedding stuff. let me know if u need the address, i think it's in one of the herworld brides magazines.

nicky

Hi Ann

my wedding is on 22/6. studio shots were taken by montage. saw the raw photos oledy. me and hubby very happy with it.
happy.gif

wow. u managed to get Grand Copthorne Waterfront. I tried to but someone was faster than us. booked with inter-con in the end.

me juz printed my cards on mon. tink our progress is abt the same. dun worrie. will remind each other of the things we need to do.

happy busying.

meow

Lkf,
Yeah, i've heard that there's a shop selling these traditional stuffs in the west. I'm staying in the west anyway. Sure you can pass me the address and i go take a look when i'm free. But i think its not cheap as compare to those shops in chinatown

sweets

Hey Nicky,

Intercon supposed to have the best food around
happy.gif
congrats! I got that feedback from some wedding service vendors and they told me that that's one hotel where they wished they were the guests instead of just working throughout the whole nite.

Wow, it seems that I'm slower than you in terms of planning stuff....
happy.gif

hello hello!

took leave yesterday to shop arab street with my bridesmaid. Got alot to choose from, esp the Royal brothers chain of outlets.

One thing i learnt ... these textile merchants are not very honest. They keep telling me take minimum 3m for a simple long shift dress, but when i brought the material to my tailor she said 2m is more than enough!

meow

Oh my, we have a number a bride ROM this week.
many blessing to Clyne who's ROM is today. Congrats to you Clyne
bounce.gif

And to Novgroom who's having it on next friday huh?? Congrats too
bounce.gif

Sorry kinda forgot all these tiny little details.