(2003) Brides of year 2003

jus

Hi Amerline,

I m planning to have my solemnization before the cocktail as well
But not directly before cocktail though as only close friends and relatives would join us for the solemnization
I m planning to have it in a garden, hence also worried whether the weather permits or not…

Would you be providing any favours for your solemnization guests?
I wanted to, but see how-lar (if the budget permits… hee hee)

You would be holding yours by the seaside? (You r with Beaufort, rite?)
Wah… so romantic

Hi 1027,
Sorry, I m not well-versed on wine
My FIL would most probably settle this for us ; )
But we are budgeting 40-45 bottles for 22 tables (also not too sure if this is reasonable.. hee )

A

amerline

hi 1027,

i agree that this thread is totally silent over the weekends. heehee "family day"?

I really hopes the weather hows up for me too!!

hi jus,

i am not giving any favours for the solemnization as all will be attending the dinner after that, so i just intend to get something better for the whole event.

mine is at rasa, not beaufort. and i agree the atmosphere is very romantic.

i am also planning to have a post dinner party at silosa beach for my friends to enjoy.

M

me0w

Amore,
That's great. Then you must be doing your last minute shopping right now hor?
happy.gif

cin

Hi Sweets,
Yup, Jasvy's price is so so, but like what Priviledge said, as they are the hotel's recommended printer, better to go for them just in case inserts are crumpled or card dented, they have some one standby... You can call Ivy or Jason at 62992263

Btw, which hotel are you with? they have a recommended printer?

meow

Thanks Sweetie,
Is this National brand the one with ionizer or something like that? And is Teka good? What do i need to know on all these?

okeanosmao

meow,

u do the bears own clothings?? i do have 1 pair kissing bears but the clothings v plain..tot of either search for 1 new pair or buy the clothings..wow, u know how to do alot of things leh..hv no idea how to make the clothings..
isit u buy the materials frm arab st?? if i'm not wrong..
i still considering whether to go koolcreations anot..

as for cooker n aircon..hmm..no idea cos me oso looking for aircon...heard national not bad, mitshibushi..

L

lt

hi all.....

hoooo...... my photoshoot is tmr..... am quite excited and worried.... have i forgotten anything??? heee......

oh, am wif Frederick Lee.

sleepy - i don't really hv to pay the wedding planner - due to some strings pulled - so only need to give her an ang pow after my wedding.

cookiemz - where did you have your photoshoot? you might hv mentioned bef... am too lazy to scroll up :D

btw, not sure if you all have moved into your new place?

jus

Hi Amerline,

Ooops sorry… me lazy to check previous posting

By the seaside would give such a romantic feel

You have even planned for a post-dinner party…
(nice of you to do that. Dinner – more for family and must maintain a proper decorum, at least after that, can enjoy with friends)
; )

meow

Okean,
Not really know how to make lah. If you see the end product, can see plenty of defects. Not really done yet, else i can show it to you. Haha, jus cross over the street hor. The material i use is only laces for the skirt and felt for the suit. And some flowers too, that's all, none from arab st.

Yeah lor, kool creation is a bit far for us loh, especially if we dun drive.
sad.gif

Hmm...i'm going IMM tonight again to talk to the contractor, will look for aircon too. I've heard National, was considering mitsubishi eletric, but the guy say not really good so recommend National. Then at Gain city, a sales person say why not jus add another $300 for the sharp plasma cluster instead. So now headache, have to get the aircon soon once my reno has confirmed. Also, the guy comment that if get aircon from those home reno fair, the pipe installation is free else if you jus step in, free for a certain lenth only. Other knowledge to take note will be the insulation too

kare2711

All
Now that I have a laptop connected to the internet, it's easier for me to get onto the internet now. So happy as it's easier to follow what everyone is saying.

May
Hmmm .. but it's like 'skin comes out' that kind of stinging..and that's normal?

Pausini
I've heard that you can put on extended nails. Don't look as fake as fake nails. I worse ah. Been biting my nails since I have teeth, and now I have been so stressful that all my nails are so badly bitten!!!

Aren't you excited? So you are more or less set for the big day huh? Maybe next week you already can meet up with us!

I have to ask you .. is it easy to 'get' your OC to do everything? Or did they willingly volunteer? I'm thinking of having a bridal party but where got bride asking for a bridal party right? Actually I wanted the bridal party so that I can brief everyone on what to do. But it's so commanding.

Mostly, I can't wait to hear reports of your wedding!!!

serene

Hi ladies,
Thanks for the well wishes..me ok now
happy.gif

Just need more rest and drink more water..think I am too tired cos juggling with hse, wedding and work..Having my PS next Fri...that's leave me with only a few days to diet..put on weight these few weeks cos eat non-stop...can feel that my bum is bigger...luckily my gowns are A-line..
Hmm..maybe I will cut down on carbo and eat less meat also...eat more veg to slim down
happy.gif

Hmm..went to try my EG last Sat..abit disappointed cos the gathers are different from what i want plus the color looks different..instead of pinkish..become more red..Hubby said looks nice...so I think should be ok..just that not the same as what I think it would turn out to be...

Hse almost ready..left sofa,bed and some electrical appliances...looking forward to seeing the whole hse fully renovated
happy.gif

Anyway, are you gals keen on meeting in mid May? I cannot make it in end May & June cos busy with work.

Holiday coming this thu! Already looking forward to the break!

nokia

Hi all,

i got my card from Jasvy too. 300 cards, $300. it is long stroy. i have 2 sets of hotstamping as both side parents cannot agreed with the wordings.

Wife wants something special for her friends, so must get another sets of cards different from what the hotel provides.

but nevertheless, happy with the outcome. everbody is happy. that's what is important.

A

amerline

hi serene,

glad that u r well
happy.gif

i am fine with a gathering anytime, kind of idle anyway heehee my PS next wed, oso on diet now, i only cut dun on carbo. i am a meat person heehee i can die without meat for more than 2 days
lame.gif

hi jus,

dinner must be more decent bcoz the pastors and deacons will be there, so not very nice to drink and make too big a commotion. lots of relatives too, so must be real discret hahahahaa

i expect my dinner to end latest by 10, so since its the weekend, so why not enjoy!! *opportunity to binge after so much dieting*
bounce.gif

pausini

kare: i dun want to do nail extension. dun want to spend too much money on that. see whether they can save my nail... just have to make sure it doesnt go off.

I chose the groom OC and bride OC. FH call his friend to ask whether he can help. he say ok. My side normally will help.

u can ask the helpers for briefing then the party. it is ok one......

i will be back in office on 6 may tat is tuesday so hopefully everyone is ard so i can tell u all abt my big day...

jazz

Pausini, hehe, can see that you're not that stress now... good for you! Will look forward to hear on your BIG day.
happy.gif

For An Chuang, you can check the tong shu, 'cos they say the tong shu more accurate. Sometimes, what you see on the calendar is different from what you see in tong shu. I'm going back to my mum's place tonight, see if I can find the tong shu and check for you on 1st May. Hope it's not too late for you.

May, cool, you're settled your pork leg.
happy.gif
No, I dun have to work on Sat. If you're free in late morning, and if you dun mind dropping by my house, I can show you the picts that I've taken from my trip, and if you're interested in the restuarant that we visted and the food we ate. Can tell you where are the places to go on your free day.
happy.gif

Kare, I think it's up to you to decide on the 11 to 1pm interval. Guess is up to you to be comfortable. My friend had her wedding last year, she wasn't bothered by all these. She had her tea ceremony at both places and finished at about 12plus I remembered.

Shook, heard from my colleague that there're more advertisements on holidays today. You might want to check out the newspapers if there're any tour packages for Europe that you liked.

shook

Hihi Jazz
Wow, it will b great if we go honeymoon together.
The tour package dat we signed up wif is 12/14 days. I dun wanna go London as I have been there b4, so it will b 12 days
We checked the tour agent in Suntec (where Ken Air was), Chan Brothers, SA, all except Chan Brothers dun have a tour gp out in May. So wonder if the advertisement is targetted @ Jun's school holiday

Hihi May
Check wif your MIL those o/s stuff settled by u n hubby or her lor. My PIL oso have give out their invitation cards. Boy, my hubby said he will give out for them on May day. My poor hubby he actually wanted to go to work. Now gotta rush for tis.
How come u buying pig trotter? Tis is 2 b bought by groom side
How do u get additional 3% discount? U mean the offer price of $15.30 ends tml?

Hihi Pausini
SA oso dun have a confirmed gp 4 May.
How many days of annual leave your hubby has?
My mum doesn't know anything abt the 11am-1pm thing leh.
I din meet up wif my helpers. Hubby dun want. He said they know wat to do. I intend to send an email to brief my ah yi.
We can't catch hold of u after tml rite?

sweetie

I think National is value for money. I bought system 3 for $2300 which gives me a $200 ntuc voucher so its only $2100 lor.The real concern when you install aircon is that you must insist on two time installation. The important factor when looking for hood is its suction power and whether you want a chimney type or slim line type. Teka's customer service is pretty good.

ava

happy.gif
I'm here
happy.gif

me not going to Kool
happy.gif
'cos too far & I'm lazy ;)

becareful when buying aircon ok... make sure they give you class 1 insulation!!! or else might hv problem with condensation.

if you gals are interested I've got 2 reliable contacts you can call 2 check prices. just drop me an email
happy.gif

jus

Hi Serene,

Glad that you are feeling better
I won’t be able to make it mid-may as I would not be in Singapore (from 10th till 16th may)
; (
let me know-lor, when’s the tentative date
if cannot, nevermind… would join you girls the next time round… ; )

you finished most of the things oledi…
envy you
I still have yet to paint my room
Sigh… FH very dilly-dally leh… push also dun want to move

Hi Amerline,

Ya-lor… must really enjoy that day esp after all the planning and hard-work.

BTW, what time is your dinner starting?
Tot normally dinner ends around 1045 to 11
But, would not affect your plan since the next day is a non-working day… ; )

pausini

Shook: Have i send u my day schedule??? i dun know whether my mail go thru.
TM me still ard, then will be on leave liao lor
Still got problems with montage?

yve

Hi all!

I am back from working trip. Getting used to the heat and temperature taking procedures.

Gained a few pounds while overseas. So now got to lose weight lor.. Sigh... all the hardwork in the past months down the drain..

wen

Hi Meow,
I am using National System 3. So far so good and v quiet at night. Another brand you can consider is Sanyo.
For hob, I bought Ariston Baby (4 burners - square shape). No hood.

shirsweetiepie

Welcome to the thread,cookiemz.

U're most welcome!

Tks 4 ur recommendations. U mean I can only get Riccino shoes @ the shopping malls? do they hv any boutique like Hush Puppies where I can go for more varities?
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Pausini

I din receive your actual day schedule

I leave montage to my hubby. He gave up inserting our ROM videography coz the file is 2 big. He intend to put our growing up photos, ROM photos n ps photos. The song problem solved liao. Thx for your advice. I gotta think or look for words 2 b used in the montage.

U showing montage on your wedding reception?

meow

Sweetie and Wen,
Which model did both of you took? Can let me know? As for the hood, i'm thinking of those slim line ones and hob with 3 burners will be more than enough. I see my mom cook only use one burner out of the 3. I dun even know how to cook, so actually 1 is enough.
happy.gif

1 more question, does the price change accroding to seasons?

Yve,
Welcome back too, now the weather is getting hotter again.
sad.gif

Grace,
Its near bugis....i may be going down to take a look. How was your mani? My nails broke already. Yesterday morning very fedup with the broken nail dangling there, so i cut it away. Now it looks very ugly. Well when i was purchasing something at singtel yesterday, the customer service person keep looking at my nail. So paiseh. Dun think it'll grow back nicely till June for my PS.
sad.gif

abrinas

I sneak in again.
biggrin.gif
feels like a thief
lame.gif

Sorry, priviledged. Shd be 4 days instead of 2. remembered wrongly
lame.gif
Don't worry so much. since yr fiance is back, let him do a bit of work.

Me now stressful with the hse. Looking ard for contractor to do the kitchen, grilles, n lights cos my furniture coming in 1st n 2nd wk july. If contractor cannot complete work, maybe will delay delivery of the stuff.

I printed the church programmes myself. Just buy some nice paper n put some pics on it n with colour jet, all done, 250 pcs of them. Now need to complete my favours then it's almost done liao. Then can start thinking of GDL liao.

Hi pooh, saw yr photos liao. Very nice. I like yr outdoor n u carry the orange gown v. well.

abrinas

Me trying to grow my nails but they seemed to keep breaking off. Maybe hv to go for manicure liao to c what they can do.

Hv to exit liao. C u all again soon.

pausini

shook: just send u...

I got no montage, will ask the restaurant Tea Shi Fu to give a performance after my cake cutting as one of the entertainment.

Jazz: u see whether u can find out the date for me pls. thanks! I will still try to check the forum.

thanks!

may

Pausini: yr nail broke a little or u have half of nail danging out? if only a little, they will sand it for you. That was what Nail Arts did for me. But dont worry too much the expert will be able to fix for you...if got no choice you can go for one fake nail...think it cost $5...

I never check the calendar abt an chuang on May 1. MIL says 1st and 15th day of lunar calendar r ok days...so ok loh. Lets wait n c what Jazz says after she checks the tong shu.

yr FH coy so strict...so they are really not encouraging overseas traveling for personal reasons. So u also self quarantine yrself to accompany him? 10 days very long leh.

Kare: u shld shower first - use yr soap or body foam for the body after that then you rub a handful of the salt ard tummy, tights and arms till it dissolve. after it has dissolved, you will feel the burning and stinging sensation....which is good. coz the salt is absorbing into ur skin. If you tell me immediately the salt comes into contact w yr skin, without it dissolving, u r burning..then perhaps you shldnt use the salt.

Jazz: i will confirm w you again on fri. Check w hubby if he is ok. I just called SA Tours and their tour to Korea has increase $300. Last week, i check the internet the prices was below S$ 1000 for 8 days tour now it is above $1200. I am so sad. Shld have booked earlier sigh...

Shook: We also got to distribute PIL cards for them...so sian...luckily my parents are distributing the cards themselves. We bought the pig leg cans and cakes ourselves. Cant rely on PIL. Plus we drive so it is easier loh.

Yes, the offer price ends tomw. Can u call NTUC at Hougang Festival Walk and ask to speak to Florence in charge of wine. She will give u the additional 3% discount. how many cases r u buying?

A

amerline

hi jus,

my dinner shd start at 8....so expect to end at 10 loh.

btw, continue from TC thread.....

why dun u try orchard??? something different... start from national library to istana.....youth park, lido....heehee just a thot

totoro

Heehe..

talking abt cards. My collegue helped me draw the cartoons while i describle to her..very nice one and my buddy print them for me..dunno the cost yet but should be less than a dollar..
very cute...

what can i say. Friends are friends ya!!!

I learnt to appreciate them more esp during such thimes when they are so willing to help...

great to know u gals too!!!

pausini

may: not really little, quite a big crack....

no lah after that i will go back to work.. dun have so many leave leh.. he always complaint not enough rest. good lor good time for him to take a break at home..

jus

Hi Amerline,

Good idea… can get to more places this way…
Hee hee
Would discuss with FH and see what he says
Thanx

Enjoy your fitting tonight at TC!

vivace

hi all sept brides,

wow! v.happening here har... me v.busy these few days for my PS yesterday.... finally, it is over now... it is v.tiring but fun... my studio took a polarid for us and give it to us after a the whole session... the 1st photo fm PS...
happy.gif

hi shirs,
oh, so coincident... we both stay in Yishun now and will be moving to Admiralty Link later!!
lol.gif
think, we shall meet up to really get to know each other one day
happy.gif
... BTW, did u go for facial? me juz started 2 mths ago at Sembawang...

hi angel,
think u dont need my consol lah!
happy.gif
hope everything for u will be go v.smoothly...

priviledged

Abrinas, I was also trying to grow my nails. I'm used to them really short, so everytime they get a bit 'long' I feel SO uncomfortable, and inevitably cut them. I also tend to scratch myself, especially when I'm frustrated. And they get dirty very easily.

We should be starting our reno soon, also only kitchen, grills and painting, with installation of lighting and bathroom accessories thrown in.

J

jan2003

Hi all,

no time to read everyone's mail today. very busy. upset too. stress at work, eat alot and put on weight.

Shook: i ordered the $20 wine already. no time to search. let me know if you interested. the retail price is really 45 as per May's confirmation.

talk later. so many things not done. upset.

leo29

Me was sick this 2 days,
sad.gif
. Feeling better now so so come in and have a look and was so happy to see our thread is active again.

Meow,

My air-con was Mitsubishi. Hook and hob is turbo. Both never give me any problems so far. I don't know your question on the price refer to what items but no, price does not vary to season.

ally

hi babbit... just wanna say i'm full of admiration and respect for all of u. having done some volunteer work in a hospital before, i know the job is not easy and it's really a shame how some ignorant people are avoiding or discriminating against healthcare workers in these sars times. if some of ur guests should choose to stay away from ur wedding, it's no loss cos hey, it's ur special day and i'm sure u will still be a beautiful, happy and radiant bride no matter what!
happy.gif

hi angel... i really hope that everything will turn out the best for u
happy.gif
all of us here will be rooting for u! ganbatte! ^^

hi cookiemz... welcome welcome!
happy.gif
we are always happy to see a new face
happy.gif

hi vivace... wah, ur PS finally over liao. so where did u go in the end? was it a very long day? if convenient, scan ur polarid and show us ok?
happy.gif

oh, a question to all... will any of u be wearing or considering to wear the same shoes for ur PS and actual day? i was advised by my bridal studio not to wear my actual day shoes for my coming PS as the shoes tend to get dirty from the outdoor shoot. was this the case for those who had gone for their PS? need some advice as i'm considering should i buy cheaper and sturdier shoes for the PS.

cookiemz

hi hi hi
happy.gif
happy.gif

hi ally,

i will be wearing the same shoes from PS for actual day, coz didn't go to beach or grassy places for outdoor shoot, still quite new
happy.gif
also becoz i needed the heels to boost my height.. hehehe.. hubby too tall!

hi shirsweetiepie,

think i have seen a Riccino boutique at suntec before, not sure whether it is still there..

cookiemz

hi LT,

i went Fullerton for my 'outdoor' shoot, cannot do without aircon in those big gowns and makeup
happy.gif

dun worry, the PS is very fun! you will enjoy the attention lavished on both of you.. heehee.. bring some small snacks (the kind u can pop into mouth without smudging makeup), water with straw, blotters, comfy shoes for you to walk outdoors in between shots..
happy.gif

can let us peek at your FL gown??? must be gorgeous
happy.gif

my temp place will only be available after August, so shifting in after wedding den wait for new apt to be ready in 2005
happy.gif

vivace

hi cookiemz, ally & shirs

ha ha... me also the same, wearing a high heel shoe for my hubby... coz he is much taller than me...

i was wearing the same shoe for my rom and PS and intending to wear it on my actual day as well... 3 in 1...
biggrin.gif
but for my outdoor, i did wear another shoe (platform shoe) for tat coz also afraid it will dirty my shoe...

dun worry, i will upload the photo to share wif u all... my FH even want that pix to be our wall photo... coz we both think the 1st photo is the most natural and fresh... as we take few more shot... our smile become fake liao... (pose too much!) clipart{lol} for those who r interested, pls feel free to visit http://sg.photos.yahoo.com/vivacecs
happy.gif
i will be choosing my photo on next wednesday... can't wait to see our photos...

To Ally :
my doggie is a matlse, already 6 n 1/2 yrs old... v.old liao but still v.naughty
lame.gif

are

leo29... oh no, wat happened? i think nowadays, we hv to be careful not oni of SARs, but also the flu bug. my colleague also juz 2 days MC.

everyone pls take care. but when buying vitamins, pls ask properly, HSA anounced today tat some brands are to be taken off shelves cos aust is banning them. includes brands like nature's way, kordel etc. dun worrie novas, i wun get sued for this, its in the papers & news too.
happy.gif

anyway, toking abt this stoopid 'S' word, pris has dropped me a mail saying chin leng has also received a letter. so hopefully he can help her.

meow... i bought a deliza hob & ariston cooker from mayer. think same cooker as wen, the 4 burner one. aircon is plasma cluster. but all haven't used yet, so cant say gd or not. but i got the mayer stuff at their warehouse sale, all display items, abt $100-$150 cheaper than list price.

min

Meow,

You got the list of songs? Any comments? I went El-fa last weekend to get a quote, still awaiting for them to get back. You mind to share your quote with me as a guide. Can email me? Thinking of going Darwin also this coming weekend. Are they good? Any person to look for?

Hi, All
Any comments on what are the tiles for flooring that are good?

ally

hi cookiemz and vivace,

i'm thinking of going to the beach so my shoes will most likely get dirty
lame.gif
think i better buy another pair for PS yah? i'm gonna get 3' high shoes cos that's the max i can go without being taller than my FH
lol.gif

vivace... wah, u look so gorgeous!
biggrin.gif
u have a very beautiful smile and the photo was so natural!
happy.gif
can't wait to see the rest of ur pics ^^ ur studio sure works fast, can choose ur photos so quickly after ur PS. must show us ok?

oh, ur dog dun look old leh. still very cute and really well-groomed
happy.gif
her fur is very white! the funny thing is my cousin's dog which is a white maltese-poodle mix has turned slightly brown as she got older. is this a common thing? she used to look like ur dog...