(2003) Brides of year 2003

elaine

Hi Gals!!

Me still in japan, I'll try to login into the chatroom 2nite, if nobody is using the computer.

<FONT COLOR="pink">Yi</FONT> - Ya, we got alot of sabo friends...it's good to have them around, so our wedding is not so boring
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="red">Flowee</FONT> &amp; <FONT COLOR="orange">Cherubies</FONT> - Ya, enjoying my honeymoon now, last 3 days veri tired, went 3 days into Disneyland &amp; Disneysea...veri nice place.

Will definatly show you gals my actual day &amp; honeymoon pics
happy.gif
I've already taken 7 rolls of film...still got another week to go, have to purchase more rolls liao
happy.gif

C U gals 2nite!

A

amerline

hi chensing &amp; jus,

think everyone who has been to the shop has seen my CS!!!! no fun already
lame.gif
sigh...

i agree that the fabrics are super cheena, but wear up dunno why become so nice, maybe its just our mentality that CS belong to aunties....

may

Mayday - your outdoor ps is awfully late. do you have enuf time to churn out the photos for your banquet. I used Linn Kong for my ps and if you r interested you can give her a call to check her schedule. Yr photographer is very irresponsible. Is he an independent photographer or with your bridal studio? You shld disclose his name so that future brides will be aware of him.

Sue: your wine contact very cheap. Do you think yr friend can also help me? Do you know what brand you ordered? $11 per bottle is very cheap and affordable. Since u r scanning the photos, share with us leh... i want to see your gowns too and your ps.

So strange suddenly we got alot of new may brides. How come they were not here earlier. Anyway, good to know that they are many more brides like you kitkit that will be proceeding with the banquet.

J

jan2003

May: no, didn't go thru xzen. vin and pausini is helping me out with contacts. yes, selected my photos. very satisfied with the shots so yes, burst the budget FH gave me. Top up $1800. He gave me some of the proofs of those i didn't select but i don't have a scanner so cannot share.

Pausini: will look out for Egalehawk (aus) wine. Price is ok too, at least within my budget. keep u updated. need to check with you, any news for the make up artist? let me know if they don't cater for non-JL brides. can understand.

Shook: I think May is right. i am trying to hold out till end of the month before i give the invites. hopefully things turn out better. how come RSVP so early? our wedding just one day apart. i still thot of giving the invites at end of apr. oh dear. looks like i very out of sync. panic. when are you giving out cards?

Vin: thank you very much for helping me check. was thinking about it for the whole night. I will email you at your hotmail for contact. you think her charges are negotiable? can give some feedback on her skills? i only need light make up for my rom and for hair, i don't need the fanciful kind. thanks for the the info on wine. i took down all the names you all gave.

Cat: think most of us here not going to postpone wedding dinner. very troublesome and draggy. understand that the elders have alot of concern. think at such times, must do make sure rsvp is done very well. no choice if they say turn out but last minute don't turn up lor. still have to deal with it. hopefully people can understand.

Sue: yes, know what you mean about the hassle part. parents still keen to defer but my FH's parents say should go ahead, life goes on. everyone just have to be more responsible socially especially since we are all adults. come to think of it, i very cartoon. now then i decide to go honeymoon and choosing canada. everyone like shunning.

naturally

Hi oreo!
happy.gif

I thot we just pay the entrance fee of $2 per person, and $2 more for the car, and that's it? Except for hotel grounds, we can take pics in any part of Sentosa hor?

As for bridal shop arrangement... normally indoor and outdoor is on the same day right? If u want 2 days (eg. raining), also can, but u need to pay extra for the makeup artist. Think this applies whether u go Sentosa or not. And for the no. of outdoor locations, i'm not sure abt your bridal shop, but most shops i've enquired said that's not a problem, so long as it's all taken within one day... but do check with your photographer beforehand and plan your route well, u wouldn't want to waste too much time on the journey too!

Actually i was thinking of having just 1 outdoor location, very tiring to change too many locations leh, haha, lazy bum me...
lame.gif

soyabean

hi all jun brides...
its reali sad how sars has affected every aspect of our lives, be it directly or indirectly. but i reali pray dat all these ordeal will be over soon.

as for me, our wedding will still proceed no matter how bad the situation is. like cin, we're lookg forward to married life.

pucca and pooh: can i see ur photos oso? my email is [email protected]. thanks!
happy.gif

M

midmaybride

Hi my wedding mid May as well, but how to cancel? There is just too much to do.

Though publicity is bad, by i think problem is more contained now, as it spreads withthe quarantine / suspected gp of pple.

Just keep our finger cross. some tell me not affected, some say 50% attendance, its really a ???

abrinas

hi all

me 2. Don't think want to postpone, FH don't want to also. Let's see how. Hopefully with still 2 months to go, the situation will get better.

jus

hi chensing,

Welcome to this thread!
Dun worry, I was initially a bit apprehensive as well, but after my first fitting, my doubts are unfounded
their service and workmanship are great
so, dun worry

my WG is a bustier, with those stiff material (think it's duchess satin or something...)
my EG is a two piece with a transparent overcoat
how about yours?
initially opted for a flowery CS, but since i oledi have one, i chose a plain colored type instead
what's the colour of your CS?

did you take the wedding package as well?

ya-lor just like how i felt initially
but surprisingly the effect is very different

when's your big day? photographer? men's suit? banquet? -- sorry, so many questions ; )

taddess

Hi all,

Just went to print my wedding invities yesterday and also printed red packets to go along. Actually thought of postponing but MM wants a 50% charge on all tables! How to postpone without incurring huges losses...so decided to go ahead...the most RSVP if people do not want to go then have less tables lor....

tingting

hallo..

i visited Andrew tay fr the edge yesterday, and he told me that some spots in Sentosa may have been closed already. So perhaps u gals wanna make sure that the spots u want to go are still open?

btw, any one has comments about Andrew Tay?

Y

yi

hi leafy,

my actual day fotos ah?
I've been real busy these few weeks coz my assistant is on maternity leave so have no time to upload my actual day fotos leh!
maybe i shall bring it along during our next gathering.
happy.gif

hi cherubies,

i'm fine, just busy lor. :p
my cooki is doing fine and she is gog for her last vac today and voila, soon can go out liao.
happy.gif

she is a good gal so far although noti at times. keke

hi elaine,

ya lor, our sabo friends really make our wedding more enjoyable and full of life!!!!!
this year i oso got lotsa of weddings to attend, one in may, june, sept, nov and dec!
happy.gif

love to attend weddings coz can share the joy of the married couples. :p
glad that you are enjoying your HM, mine will be in June. looking forward to that day!!

beibei

taddess,
u did ask MM coordinator??!!how can they do that!!!have u check the later dates available?

I really dun wish to postpone.....

jbride

hey gals,

i thou of going to our sec sch for PS coz that's where me &amp; my FH started off
19940.gif
but very 'paise' &amp; weird if students are having class huh...any teachers ard? my PS is on teacher's day...any half day for schools?
19941.gif

I've also thou of gg to a golf course for PS coz the green is beautiful...but dun think golf course in sin will allow me to go in with my heels
your_image.gif

umm...maybe i'll go sentosa too
19943.gif

shook

Hihi Sue
Can ask your friend to help me get the wine? Perhaps we get better rate when we (so far u, May, me) gang up the order.

Hihi Jan
My hotel needs me to confirm the no of tables we need a week b4 my wedding. A week b4 my wedding is 4th May. I fixed RSVP by 27th Apr as I expect I gotta call n ask for confirmation. So far only 1 of my guests RSVP. My hubby asked for mailing list n confirmation @ the same time. Some of his friend tor lao da yu, asked for 3 or 4 sits. May b they will not bring their kids wif the outbreak of SARs. I told my hubby to confirm wif them again by RSVP date. I m left wif a week to work out table arrangement b4 I confirm wif the hotel.
I sent some invites liao. Will start to send out the rest on 15th Apr

Welcome to the newcomers
happy.gif

priviledged

Hi all, my Fiance is a chronic worrier but I too don't want to postpone. I think we should get on with it, and like Sweets, I think I'll probably invite more people and follow up on the RSVP.

But we have held back on printing our invites til end April (our wedding is end June). I was thinking of including a little insert saying something like "The Bride &amp; Groom, and their parents would understand if you are unable to attend the wedding due to health concerns". We can print these ourselves and just slip it with the invitation.

We decided that the church wedding will go on anyway.

Let's all pray that this SARS thing will settle down and people in Singapore will start getting used to living with this virus, as it is not going to go away anytime soon. We've got to get on with living.

shirlynn

Hi Everyone here,

Initially am a Nov Bride but have change to Dec 9. Can anyone recommend any placed for nice PS and actual day?? Will be having my 1st appt in June.

Thanks!

snowdrop

hi all

My wedding is in early June.Dun think I want to postpone my wedding but may consider to postpone the honeymoon.
So sad...

jazz

Maya, found the stuff for you. 17th jul (which is lunar 18th Jun) chong rooster. 19th (Sat, which is lunar 21st Jun)is a good date to get married, chong pig. I brought the calendar back to my house. Let me know if you need me to check on any more dates.
happy.gif

May, *sigh* I paid my tickets to Canada in full. Agree with you, noticed more May brides joining the forum.
happy.gif

Vin, still can't get the airline to refund. They say they'll issue some vouchers which is tied to CX of 'cos, with one year limit.
sad.gif
Still want to try and see if I can get refund back.

Sue, that's very nice of your photographer to put the picts together. You engaged Chris Ling rite? At least you can take back the picts to scan first to scan for your FH. Then he can view the picts while you do selection. I met Chris Ling at Flamingo, he sure sounds like a very cheerful and easy going guy.
happy.gif

Shook, think my photographer is not the inhouse photographer, and I do get all my proofs back, maybe that's why I can bring it home. I think the same goes for Sue as well.

Jan, the makeup artist is for your actual day? I can recommend you Sandy to you. She did my ROM makeup, natural makeup style.

Mayday, sorry to hear about your photographer. What's your budget like? Maybe, you can try Fastsoup photography, Greymatters photography? I think there is a link in the forum on these two photographers. You can check out their contacts there.

Kare, hope the best for you! For me, banquet is 90% cancelled, but wedding will still proceed, just with tea ceremony only.

Pausini, thinking of making a guest book myself. Can you suggest anything that I can use or make myself?

Cat, long time no hear, how's your preparations going?

taddess

Hi all,

ME also going to suffocate soon if I don't confirm my actual day photographer and videographer! Can you all please recommend me the actual day photographer and videographer. Budget wise, actual day photographer should be less than 1k... Videographer I have kinda identified fabian lim...HELP!

For me, HM is a must! haha Don't have wedding dinner nevermind but HM I must go...been waiting for it since last year!

soyabean

hi...
i may be postponing my HM as well... maybe wait for the situation to be better...

and i not so wori abt going to sars countries, but how other pple will look at us when we say we're singaporeans...
sad.gif

taddess: saw earlier u hv pics to show? wld u mind showing me? my email is [email protected] thanks.
happy.gif

snowdrop

hi

Me 2, have not confirmed my actual day photographer yet. Had considered Benny Ang but he quite ex leh...

I also have been waiting for the HM but dunnoe other ctries will allow us to enter cos we r from SARS infected cty.

cat

Hi Mayday-My wedding in on 3rd May. Wat abt urs?

Hi Jan-Yah lor, I also not gonna postpone. We have been looking forward to this day, all preparations and arrangement have been made so just go ahead and "finish it off"!

Hi Jazz-Yah, no time to login pass week. Busy with work and prep.
I have settled my guest list at last but need to do RSVP after my Guo Da Li which is on 17 Apr. Haven't bought the GDL things yet, doing it this weekend.
You gonna cancel or postpone ur banquet? Wat abt the hotel? They allow meh!

J

jan2003

Hi Jazz,

Sandy refers to Sandy Ho? If not, would welcome any recommendaions.

Thanks.

may

Sue: agree w Shook's logic too. Jan also needs wine. Maybe it is easier if we tell you how many cases we are looking at.

For me, i am looking at 2-3 cases.

Shook and Jan, what abt u gals?

cin

HI Taddess,

When is your wedding? (sorry, didn't scroll back, too many archives liao
lame.gif
...we actually wanted to book Fabian on June 22, but he is taken up already.

Like yourself, me looking forward to honeymoon very much also...hope that they will not be affected by SARS or restrict us entry cause we are from Singapore...touchwood.

Hi Snowdrop,

Maybe can ask your photographer to edit a bit using photoshop or something? If you are quite tall, 50 kg is ok lah... I am heavier than you
proud.gif

Priviledge, Taddess, don't you guys have to guarantee a minimum number of tables? So lucky...our hotel has to, that's why headache, think will send out more invites lor... and keep our fingers crossed...

meekoo

hi shook

i had called WL.... and doreen answer to my call! dun care still tell her i wan to re-select my gown due to unable to try those that the couple had tried!

she said ok. appt set on 25/04 afternoon. so hope your sat appt will turn out well too. keep me update too
happy.gif

J

jan2003

Hi all,

May: for the wine i will need 8 cases! got a shock but i double and triple confirmed with FH. but i will need to know more before i can commit. on my side, also looking for lobangs.

Sue: can you let me know the brand and type of wine you are ordering. then i can check out my side and compare prices and see if can get better deal for all of us!

shook

Hihi Cat
Share wif us your RSVP response can?

Hihi Sue, May
I need 24 bottles, hmmmm 2 cases rite?

Hihi Meekoo
When u go there siam fm Doreen dun let her serve u again. B4 I signed up wif White Link, I heard dat she wz wif Yvonne Creative. She received bad comments fm the brides in Yvonne Creative's thread oso. Then later she joined White Link so I tried to find out who is she. I tried to siam her when I knew she is Doreen but suay suay she kpo chose gowns for my ps.

serene

Hi gals,
Hi Amerline,
Thanks...will give it a try..think getting better liao...dun dare to apply anything on my face now in case it gets worse.

Jady: You must be feeling very excited abt the new hse! Hmm...me just left with the curtains that will come in end Apr and the other furniture..then more or less complete liao..
happy.gif

Have to start working on the guest list..
Havent' seen my MTM EG..duno how it will turn out..will pester my designer today to see when can I try the EG
happy.gif

Poki: Don't worry..can source for id first...then will be ready for renovation by the time you open the door...
happy.gif

Think i lost track of the those coming on 24 Apr:
Can I confirm that these are the pple coming?
Confirmed attendances:

Vio, fishball,jady,poki,Amerline,Blythe,jus?

Anyone else joining us?

abrinas

Hi Priviledged

U only printing end April? Safer isn't it? I printed liao and have started to write. But luckily, my hotel only need to guarantee min 25 tables so I think still can. Maybe lesser 1-2 tables maybe i go back n eat another day lor.

what if send more invites n they turn up then how? Not enuf tables also not nice rite?

Hi taddess

where u going for honeymoon? Me not going for HM ... hv to start with reno of my hse after wedding liao

meekoo

hi shook

i had also asked my designer before who is she. they told me she is very senior.... i will try my best to siam. when they call me for the confirming of apt, i will ask for someone else to serve me.

so who serving you now?

taddess

Hi all,

I am going to Spain and Portugal for my HM as least tentatively cause the tour not confirmed yet...not enough people. My hotel only need to confirm 30 tables and now i have about 50 tables so still not so bad...

Anyway you gals have MMS phones??? I just make my wedding photos into a mms picture hahahaa so can send to my friends or use it as a reminder for rsvp...or use it as wallpaper for the phone...Anybody has mms phone and wants me to help you do it can let me know...the resolution still quite okie...now playing with the software...

M

may day

Hi Jazz, thanks for the suggestion. I will try and call them. Most important thing is the photographer has to be comfortable in spending time in a roomful of guests who are working in hospital.

Hi Cat, 1st May.

beibei

hi,
me just checked with my hotel coordinator.same hotel as taddess.She said even if postpone the latest she can let us have our wedding is by aug!and all weekends after aug has all been taken up!!
so to say if I were to postpone my wedding it will have to be on a weekday....
sad.gif
my hubby just told me that he REALLLLLLLY DON't WANT to postpone our wedding cos we have been preparing for so long...so left only 1 month and 27days...just want to get over and done with..and go to honeymoon...really wish the situation can get better...

jazz

May day, wow, 1st May, that's fast! You'll need to hurry up and call the photographers.

Cat, I cancelling my banquet. No choice, elders all prefer to have it cancelled, and I do have a reason for cancelling the banquet so did talk to the hotel, waiting for response now.

Jan, yes Sandy Ho. She's pretty good. My friends all have good comments her makeup for my ROM. I can also recommend another whom I recommend for my fren's ROM last Sept, I think is Eve Tan, but I think her charges are higher. Here's Sandy's contact: [email protected], tel: 90055210. Can tell her I recommend, hehehe... but no discounts hoh...
happy.gif

sweets

Hi all,
Just came back from EG discussion, phew, finally chose the color...hehee...think I was going to get killed if I dun choose something by today liao
happy.gif

Taddess, I found your link again and saw the "flying skirt" pix...very nice leh....I also like the red one with the flying sash :p

shook

Hihi Meekoo

Most likely Irene will serve me this time.
Kaden is very young, not so experience but enthusiasitc and obliging. Can ask her to serve u if u like to

taddess

Hi Beibei,

Did the hotel say ermmm Have to give penalty of 50% of the tables?????? Or don't have?????

Flying skirt hor...now see it again also not bad dunnoe why i removed it???!!!

abrinas

Hi sweets

Glad you chose the color liao ... what color did you decide then? Red, pink, blue, gold, silver...?? Me curious again. * Meow * My one is dark red.

Hi beibei

Don't worry lah. Think it will be ok by maybe latest end Apr or beginning of May. Must trust efficiency of S'pore govt in controlling this. We give each other support ok?
wink.gif

Hi taddess

Me got MMS phone. Teach me can? I like your idea of using it as a reminder for rsvp.
happy.gif
My wallpaper now is mashi maro
biggrin.gif

beibei

taddess,
I tot I saw your posting above saying they will charge 50% penalty per table.We decided we shd carry on with the wedding no matter wat..We had planned so long and I dun want to postponed just like that..
sad.gif

Abrinas,
U really sound so optimistic..
happy.gif
okok all of us
shall give moral support to one another!

taddess

Hi Abrinas,

You need to have infra red port and you need to donwload the Nokia PC Suite. After that its on your own. Otherwise I can do it for you. Funny thing is, on my phone its quite good but when I sent to my FH its not very good...cause resolution of the diff phones play a part

abrinas

Hi beibei

Hv to be optimistic ... otherwise will kena scolding fm my FH
lol.gif
If don't think like that ah, at nite i cannot sleep
sad.gif
So no matter what, wedding must carry on. Relatives n good friends quite supportive so just hope for the best liao.

priviledged

Cin, Abrinas, yes, I have to meet a minimum of 35 tables. Hope that won't be a problem. My ballroom can take up to 50 tables, so even if everybody decides to show up, still OK.

oreo

Hi Naturally,

Yap. My bridal shop will be going to 2 outdoor locations. One confirmed location is Esplanade and the landmarks nearby like fullerton hotel, etc. So i was thinking got time to go sentosa as well ah? Most likely go esplanade in the evening when the sun is setting. That will be beautiful to capture the buildings in the backdrop
happy.gif

Yah, i heard about separating into 2 days and pay for makeup artist as extra cost. And my bridal follows that too. So i guess not much difference with other shops hor?

Gals,

What are the spots in sentosa that we should go for nice pictures?
happy.gif

I only know the beach, the part where they always put the big sandcastles last time. That part is beautiful
happy.gif