(2003) Brides of year 2003

stressed

Ya Sammi that is the one. Maybe I fussy abt workmanship. My dad and bro are doing theirs at Raffles Tailor and their workmanship is tip top. Comparing Dick with Raffles is like comparing Metro with Gucci..... Now my brother and dad look more handsome than my hubbie. hee hee ;)

naturally

Piper,
but they didn't close the whole botanical gardens right? Shd check with National Parks before we go there...

Christmas,
Wah, u lagi more champion!! U definitely qualify for last place, all of us no fight!
biggrin.gif
So u won't be showing your PS pics at your wedding dinner right, cos seems like not enough time leh... "at home" means in singapore or literally your house?? U doing those casual shots in tees and bermudas? That's cool too!

cherubies

Hi flowee, yi, kk, elaine and all,
how have everyone been?

flowee,
hdb now looking at the house on the defects. will take two weeks. so we will have to chase them for it otherwise my reno will start late and cannot complete b4 my wedding!

kk,
i will need to change my ps date..
sad.gif

so no longer 16 may...

yi,
how's your doggie?
happy.gif

elaine,
enjoy your honeymoon ya.
must remember to share your actual days n honeymoon pixs!!!

K

kk

Hi Gals,

Long time no "see" :p

Cherubies,

My ps date also not 16 may liao!!! What a coincidence! I only get to confirm the change yesterday. New ps date is 13 May. Bridal shop called yesterday and said their bridal fair is postponed from Apr to May and happen to fall on 16 May. We requested for a wed (day before Public Holiday) or fri. But dates are fully booked. So we settled for 13 may lor
happy.gif

So what is ur new date? Why change leh?
sad.gif

serene

Hello gals,
I am back after MIA for so long
happy.gif

Welcome to all the new comers!!
happy.gif

So is the 24 Apr dinner still on? Any objection?

1.PS
2.First fitting
3.bought shoe
4.Make guest list
5.book transport
6.book actual day photog
7.trial make up

I only did 3 & 7, PS is 9 May. Now my face vrey ugly cos got allergic to the sunblock recommended by my beautician leh..hopefully will recover by May..if not..very ugly..cham !
Now sourcing for Actual day photographer and videography..comparing prices and looking at their products..Choon Huat is quite expensive for normal 8 rolls of 4R films..but must said tat his shots are quite good.

How's the rest of the gals doing?
Where vio,poki,cookie...?

jady

amerline & jus,

m so bz with house & reno so no time to prepare for wedding. reno finishing this wk, next wk i'll assess b4 they handover.
then figure nxt few wkends shopping for furniture & stuff thus still wont hv time to do wat u gals are doing now:preparing wedding,gowns,shoes,etc..

my 1st fitting & trial makeup & choosing OTR gowns for ps is end may & my ps is 3rd wk of june!! can imagine?? well, my coordinator say got time ,so i give her benefit of doubt loh...

serene,
poki still around, she emailed me separately to ask me abt reno.
saw cookie during lunchtime today as we went lunch at OUB Sakae sushi.

taddess

Pooh,

Scan finish must show hor. Anyway which website can host so many photos huh? Cause my that yahoo can only upload a few before it hits the max!

abrinas

Hi beibei

Did you receive my e-mail with the photo link?

Nope, not yet. Mum is talking abt it, MIL is not even talking abt it n is excited tt it's coming. So don't know how. Did yr parents pressure u?

joyful

Hi Ladies,

Yeah, my hotel say if want to postpone must give them at least 2 months' notice. Now, not sure whether to postpone or not....Really hope the situation improves...
happy.gif

2 months is not that long away, worse still is really must start getting the invites printed in order to send out on time. Aiyoh, headache...

A

amerline

hi serene,

24 april no probz...

oh no, allergic to the products....thats bad, i also had that problem before, face became all red and swollen.
blush.gif

i recommend you to use evian mineral water to wash your face for the next 2 weeks instead of tap water. H2O is the best cure for skin irritation and the minerals present will help to soothe the irritation too!

hi jus,

yes, my WG is MTM, they don't seem to be entertaining me much leh, more interested in "conning" new brides. Maybe bcoz I paid more than 1/2 the package price already, so they know I am a fish in the net, don't need to bother
sad.gif

abrinas

Hi Joyful

At least yr cards r not printed yet. Mine already printed so if postpone, hv to spend another sum of money. Anyway, FH does not wish to postpone.

Anyway, govt is encouraging us to get on with our lives so let's hope for the best that the situation will get better before our wedding dates.

pooh

Hi taddess,
i dunno which website can host many pics. I wont uplaod all the pics will just pick some lor.

I will still go ahead on my wedding. My hubby dun wan to postpone the honeymoon. He say already take leave liao. Now i headache dunno how..

jus

Hi jady,

Wah, must be really busy with the reno work
You met cooki for lunch at oub? So near… I m working at ocean building

Hi serene,

Of course on-lar…
Looking forward our next meeting ; )

jus

hi amerline,

normally bridal shops are like that
once you signed with them somehow the level of service would deteriorate (but not all shops-lar)

actually one way that you can do would be to go there during their peak hour and voice out your unhappiness and complaints then (esp when there are potential customers! hee)
somehow the services would be better
(I tried this when I bought one of the second-hand OTR EG and it WORKS!) -- i think I am really mean hahaha

K

kk

Hi Cherubies,

Oh i see... i really keeping my fingers crossed nothing will happen at nus during this period. Coz exams starting next week and i have papers on 21 and 29 Apr. NUS won't be closing and no postponement of exams thus far.

poki

Hi Ladies

I'm still around!! Have collected my keys to my love nest on MOnday, finally after a long wait.. But we can't go to our hse
sad.gif
, MIL wants her shifu to pick an auspicious date for us to open the door. Think got to wait till end of this mth (after the qing ming).. Yup she's pantang.. I'm now bz looking for an ID. stress!!

1.PS
2.First fitting
3.bought shoe
4.Make guest list
5.book transport
6.book actual day photog
7.trial make up

I have done #2, #3 & #6.. I dun have to book transport #5 cos we will be using our own car, save $$. 2nd fitting and trial makeup will be in May. PS in Jun.

stressed

How much does Raffles Tailor charge for a MTM suit?? I'm checking it out for my dad.

Serene

Me too, looking forward to the meeting on 24th. Count me in..

maya

Hi Jun brides, I'm actually a may bride (21 may), prob'ly postponing my wedding to Jul. Cldn't find a Jul thread and this was the closest.

I'm very troubled. Bec of the SARs thing, only decided to go ahead with postponing my wedding to mid-Jul just today. Wrote in to my hotel already. Now I'm not sure whether my choice is correct.

So far, my hotel, studio, emcee (Daniel) is ok. My mom, ILs ok, majority of friends also think may be good idea to postpone. I don't suffer a lot of $$ losses. So I don't know why I still feel that I may have made a bad choice. Actually, a main thing I don't like abt this postponing is that a Jul wedding is in the Chinese 6th mth, not a good auspicious period. That's why few weddings then. That's why no thread for Jul brides!! I don't think I'm very superstitious but still, this kinda of thing makes me uncomfortable.

I had thot abt waiting until end Apr to put postpone plan in action. But I worry that my hotel may not be able to give me the Jul date I wanted. Studio also may not give me the photographer and make-artist I wanted. And the SARs situation seems to get worse and I thot no pt waiting. Sigh! Still feeling troubled.....

sweets

Hi Maya,

Welcome to the June thread !

Dun worry, since you've already made the decision to postpone, just go with the flow. Do not fret about the dates being auspicious or not, for everyday is a new and good day
happy.gif

For us, we do not intend to postpone. My FH and I are looking forward to our wedding and the start of our marriage very much and do not wish to wait any further
happy.gif
I guess we may end up just having to invite 110-120% more people or do our RSVP more closely...

Taddess, can resend your link not. I've seem to have misplaced your PS [email protected]. Thanks!

snoopy

Hi Bortei Khan,

The "consultant" gave my mum the auspicious timing for the bridegroom to arrive and depart when the date was picked.

snoopy

min

Hi Leo29,

Saw a posting under Orchard Hotel today and someone commented on the bad service, bad food ect. Do you think it's true or some competitors post it? My coordinator is Ernie, the one that was mentioned in the post.

freesia

Hie
happy.gif
.. happened to chance upon this thread but felt a little lost cos there's already so many archives. Anyway, will be a June bride too
happy.gif

Just wondering what kind of prep. u all are going through now that it's about 2 mths away.

D

dk

Min,
A good fren got married there in recently. No complaints from her & hubby. I was one of her Ah Yee that day...coordination that day turn out well. Did also heard frens' fren that had their wedding at Orhard Hotel
Maybe it's individual...or perhaps things din really turn out well for that couple U mentioned.
Dun worry...

C

chensing

jus,

i'm also doing my gowns at ted collection. but only going for my 1st fitting at the end of this month. are you happy with your wedding gown ?

i have no doubts about my CS, that's going to turn out GREAT :D.

but the WG..... i'm a bit worried....

how's yours like ? mine's a bustier with fishbone/corset thingy and organza train....i'm also worried about the fabrication.....

but overall, i'm quite excited, can't wait to go for my fitting
happy.gif

A

amerline

hi chensing

welcome to the CS gang
happy.gif

i am sure it will turn out very stunning....

M

may day

Hi to everyone who are getting marry in May.

1. Can anyone recommend any photographer? - getting marry in early May.

We were suppose to have our portrait done today. The photographer decided to chicken out last minute because I am in Healthcare- too scare of catching SARS. Now I have to worry about getting a photographer and filling up the tables.

Last week went to a wedding dinner....only 60% to 70% turn up (No healthcare related ppl). Better phone up a few day before hand to confirm nos.

cat

Hi gals,

Wow, so many posting. Haven't got time to login. Seems that some of you gals want to postpone the dinner. I have also received calls from friends asking whether will I postpone the dinner. Very reluctant to! Will see how the situation is. Hopefully when schools re-open next week everything will be fine, otherwise really have to postpone dinner liao.

B

bom bom

Hello Meow

so so sorry for being so late in responding...i been really tied up at work...now I understand what are the requisite information but the problem is I can hardly provide any details as my ROM is the actual date of getting married 2 Nov and that is the only confirmed answer for the long list ... would email u all necessary soon, hopefully within next 14 days....oh, both my FH & I are Cantonese, new home at CCK...

DK, thanks a lot again for your kind advice on the bridal shop selection. Just got out from work half way today and dropped by at Flamingo. Suping, as u mentioned, was real nice but very unfortunate that the designer (as I confirmed with Suping) didn't appear to be very friendly , may be then she was busy walking in and out of the new shop. Prices are very reasonable infact and now one more choice for me...man, never imagine the most difficult thing to get married is selecting the bridal shop...anyway, much appreciation for your help indeed...

sue

Hi May: I'm paying $11/bottle. My friend is a restaurant mgr & he's helping me to place order. Getting 4 dozens. Corkage is $20+++. Same here, will continue with wedding because it is a hassle to postpone & invites already sent for printing.

Hi Jan: I dun intend to postpone my wedding. Spoke to my parents last night & they think I shld just go ahead. However, I did thought of postponing the honeymoon in case reach NZ got quarantine.

Hi Pausini: I like the french manicure Fave Nails did for me. They top it off with a layer of pink shimmer and it gives them a very bridal look.

Hi Shook: Wow, you have 47 pages for your album. That's alot. You are so skinny, no wonder need yr hubby to carry for you. I'm really really sorry that I can't join you this Sat as I've got a housewarming to attend. I'll try to make it for your final selection if you dun mind. Haha...yah, tell your boutique that your friends decided not to go since the place is too small to pack us in.

Hi Maya: You really postponing yr wedding? I've also been told that June or Lunar 6th mth no gd for marriage. When my FH told his mum that we wanted to get married in June, she said no because it is the middle of the year, like being split into two so no good. That's why I'm now a May bride. But, it all depends on yourself.

Hi Jazz: Hehe...I guess all of us are the same, very eager to see how our photos turn out. Initially, I tot I've to select my photos immediately. However, I was told not necessary and I can bring them back to select. They were printed on A4 size & 6 in one page, binded into a book. I just need to go back next week to confirm my selection. I'm scanning them now so that I can post it for my FH to see. He's not in S'pore again.

Hi Vin: How are you? Long time never 'hear' from you. We are waiting to see your actual day photos.

Hi May Day: Are you referring to your photo shoot when you said to do your portrait. Have you pay that photographer? How come can chicken out last minute?

C

chensing

hi amerline,

thanks. i think i've seen the print that you've got for your CS. it's very sweet
happy.gif

i'm really looking forward to see mine, i chose a "big" flower print fabric. came highly recommended by rick :D

the funny thing about the fabric at ted collection, when they take it out, i always think "so cheena!" and yet when they drape it on me, it actually looks good! hahahah.....

mayday

Hi Sue:

1. I was referring to photo shoot- outdoor.
2. Got the deposite back.
3. His reason - It is better to take precaution, and there have been negative press lately.

He wanted to delay the photo shoot, however we do not know when the whole SARS things finished. I may be marry before everything settle.

Hi Cat(Mao): When is your wedding?

leo29

Min,

Never go to that thread so don't know. Will go there and take a look later. What DK said is right, it's depend on individual. Sometimes depend on luck also. If you are lucky to have good cheft, good manager and well trained waitress/waiter, your dinner will turned out perfectly. Vice versace,your dinner will turn upside down.

I attend my friend wedding dinner last year end, service so so lah, food OK. My coordinator was Evelyn but she had been transfer to handle corporate account. A new coordinator, sunsun take over my account. Ernie...., if I'm not wrong, he is the F&B manager. I talk to him before. He was formally from Inter-Continental.

Have you sign up with OH? Last time before I signed up, I used to worry food nice or not, service good or not but after i signed up, I don't care anymore. Just bear in mind, we just can't make everybody 100% happy.

cin

Hi Joyful, Sweets

I know what you mean... my FH and I most prob will not postpone either... the thought of doing all that planning and arrangements all over again is a huge deterrent already. Besides, like yourself, my FH and I are looking forward to married life... just wanna get it over soon. I have been dating my FH for nine years already, been waiting to become a Missus for so long...so i don't think we will postpone it. As yourselves, we will most prob send out invites in two batches.

cin

oh yah, forgot to mention...my friend went for one wedding dinner last weekend, and his whole table was empty except for him and his wife... terrible right? sigh...

shook

Hihi Vin,Kare
I m going to White Link @ Kaki Bt. U know how to go there? I m on leave tml. Will email u my cell phone no later

Hihi Sue
I m not skinny lar. I din count how many pages r there in my album. It is magazine style, the photos r not in full size per pg. The album + the carrier comes out to abt 5kg. I can carry it for a short distance, dun think I can carry it wif the public transport.
Have u booked your honeymoon?
It is ok dat u can't go wif me tis sat. Everyone is v busy @ tis time.

Hihi Mayday
Aiyoh your photographer v bad leh. Afterall u also go there to select gowns n the make-up artist also gotta make up for u wat. How to avoid?
Do u mean u r looking for outdoor ps without indoor ps?

oreo

Hi Gals,

I am not a Dec 03 Bride, but a Oct 03 bride instead :p And having ps in next month
happy.gif

But i am curious when i see so many brides to be going to Sentosa for ps. May I know what are some of the costs that i need to bear to have ps in sentosa? What arrangement should the bridal shop should? So for those going sentosa, do we still schedule indoor ps and outdoor ps on the same day? And also 2 outdoor locations?

Thanks for the info!

K

kittan

Hi all,

My wedding oso May 2003...so scare abt the SARS...but got no choice...still got to continue..
sad.gif
can't postpone the wedding leh..

How is all your preparation..?? Headache sial..

beibei

abrinas,
yup received your pic!!loved your outdoor very much!!!really difficult to get that kind of weather!!u are so lucky!
happy.gif

my parents did not pressurise me just that FIL sort of mentioned to my hubby if there is a possibility that the dinner has to be postponed cos if things get worse,not many pp will want to attend..
sad.gif

my invites all printed too...now holding on can't start writing...

but my hubby is holding on to the booking of honeymoon in NZ.maybe see the situation in early May then decide....