(2003) Brides of year 2003

beibei

abrinas,
mine was regular most of the time..so when it didn't come on the 6th was really stressed...but lucky it was a false alarm.though my hubby wouldn't mind me wearing the gown with a fuller figure but I still hope to have my baby after the customary.
happy.gif
dun worry...like what some of my friends had consoled me..you may not feel stress yourself but your body/hormones might be in stress hence the delay...dun worry!

rinoa

Hi all

gosh....its been so long since i last check in
am glad to see so many postings
happy.gif

ooh ooh JBRIDE : thanks for compiling...after you compiled then i realised there are actually 5 brides all on same wedding day as mine....hmm...you must be relaxing now since most of your wedding stuff are booked already???

am still searching for an actual day photographer... and will be meeting one...named Kian Yan, she is relatively unknown but was recommended to me by Ngiap Heng of The Pond. Dunno abt her rates though, will keep up pple informed once i meet her tonite.

a thot on journalistic photography, for me i just want someone to be there to capture moments in different angles.....not merely there looking out for special moments to take directly but also be able to take em at different angles, etc, by mirror reflection, or between the railings of the stairs..etc....hehe
well that would be my most ideal...
so if anyone of you were to see someone who is able to take the pics like that....be sure to rec them to me....would greatly appreciate that
happy.gif

hey pam, have you booked your package??? still with BV???

happy.gif

abrinas

my date for the last couple of mths is the 16th tt's why. My hubby don't mind 2 but like u, i prefer for it to be after. i can't stand it when tongues wager n say things like wei huen sian yun (not yet marry preggy 1st)
angry.gif
Ya, will try to relax n maybe it will cum tmr
happy.gif
U know there's tt type of feeling - the bloated tummy etc but don't want to cum out ... aiya

may

Pausini: it is ok - i am using e 1st generation digital camera from Philips..ha...ha...is my dad's antique he passed it to me for fun. Hubby refused to allow me to buy new one. So sian...plus my dear brother loaded the pixs for me w a 70 dpi resolution. tat's why so blur...
i got to nag him to buy me a digital camera.

Really we bought the same coffee table and console. Ha...i will see later.

The dining set i got from Celini. they screwed up big time in delivery the chairs. 2 of the chairs are imperfect. They have delivered 3 times already still cant get it right.

I got no blockage but not windy coz my unit not facing north south where there is wind. Good and bad loh, wind means very dusty.

kare2711

Pausini, so everything turned out really good. You even exceeded the number of photos you are given! Wow! Imagine! Your husband must be wondering what an odd girl you are LOL. One moment you hated all the photos and the next moment, you wanted more than 30!

Jan.. congrats for your husband's homecoming! I know we shouldn't be so joyous about the war, but we must be positive mah? Hor? I've just sent you my website link.

Peabrain.. I agree with Pausini. Your photographer's so fast! I have to wait for 2 weeks.

Jan.. I need your email address again. Or you can email me at [email protected], then I'll reply from there.

So happy for all of us! Everyone is so happy today!

may

Pausini: yes, we have the same tv console and coffee table... ha...ha...

where u buy yours - how much.

For both items, i spent S$ 1050. Brought from Modern Impressions at marina sq.

This shows that we have similiar taste...u know...

u sofa looks really comfy. can share pixs of your home w me too.

Actually, my concept is brown. lots of brown stuff...but cabinets are white. Coz hubby dont like wood grains stuff.

Oven is a must for me. I love to cook ... i bought all my kitchen stuff from mayer and pay instalment

tingting

hi cherub,

thanks. I'm considering a value-for-money J&M vs well known Dang...the savings between the 2 really huge, and have heard nothing but good reviews for both... i'll visit J&M, then decide on the bridal shop and find out abt Barnabas if i'm decided on Dang.
happy.gif

freesia

Hi Iris
Just to share my thoughts abt videography.
Initially, I was also considering whether to have videography or not...b'coz have already spent alot of money on major stuff....
However, the main thing that I decided better to get a videographer is that during the wedding, we may be too involved and miss out things that's happening...so later after the wedding can recapture those moments through the video....

However, I did not spent a big sum getting those big co. videography though....just get a reasonable trustworthy videographer is good enough (those charging few hundreds)...

pausini

May: I thot i share out once...
I share with all next week, i need to go back to take the latest pix. hahaha...
Hmm.. i think i spent more than that leh.. how come? i got it at exhibi at spore expo.
When do u order it? i ordered mine last end of yr before xmas. may be that time more exp lor. Actual we want all the furniture white white but cldnt find any that we really like. so have to change the concepts abit. Now i find my house too pastel. I think i have to get something bright bright else very dull. So i buy artifical flowers to deco some part of the house.
I bought the sofa from Havey norman. FH like leather very much, bed frame also leather. But we regretted not having aircon for the living room cos leather goes well with aircon.

Kare: thanks for sharing. u look great! so diff so sweet and lovely! makeup really makes wonder. isnt it? U asked the designer to loosen ur waist rite. Did u ask them to tighten it back? i think alot of us have bustier for WG and i realise a lot of us wear it too high. may be wearing a bit lower feel more sexier. what u girls think? When i am wearing my bustier my coordinator also pull up very high for me. hmmmm???

remember i got blister when i used tape to enhance under the breast to make it look busty during my PS. it leave a very long scar.. like blue black kind. Hope it wasnt obvious after i wore the gowns.

maya

Kare, can I see your pix? Don't think I had asked for them previously.

[email protected]

May, saw your pic. Your train really long huh? Very drama. You seem quite petite too.

I had bought a Courts fridge last Nov. Wanted delivery only in early May. The sales fella said no prob. But now Courts seem eager to move it out. Keep calling me to ask if can deliver this mth. At 1st I said not ready, next mth. Then now they say, ok, you take it this mth, we give you $30 voucher.....!! haha! I said ok lah, end this mth. I wanted to do maj clean up 1st but I guess I can just clean up the kitchen 1st for the fridge to come in......another free voucher, heehee!!

kare2711

Pausini: My WG's waist is ok. It's my EG. Yesterday, at my photoshoot, everyone, even my makeup artist who is a male (but he's very cute and sweet!) commented that my EG was too loose for me. So I'm going to have to ask my desiger to amend that. I do agree with you that the lower the bustier goes, it may be better. However, my EG shows a lot already (like my 'valley' LOL!) so I think I'll be a little conservative for daytime. Furthermore, my in laws are very conservative and traditional people.

As for the makeup, I agree! But the makeup used by my MA was just a little more than my ROM's. And I used natural colours for my ROM. Heh, so I guess colours do make the difference. Other than that, the lip colours I used for my PS yesterday were my own's.

Maya.. heh. I have different thoughts as you. I thought May looks very tall! I always have the impression she's about 1.7m! By the way, I've sent you the link.

May .. I'm with you! I love white with wood deco for the house. Very classy!

priscilla

Hi min,
Me have sign up with J&M and their design is really indeed new and quite trendy.
Me think their photo not bad lor and photographer is very friendly too.
But if I am not wrong, most of their WG are MTM in their package. Me sign up the cheapest package still got MTM WG but not for my EG lor.

may

Pausini: u did? i cant remember ... anyway, latest photos is good. i also saw the furniture at expo end of last year and they were selling more ex. What is the name of the co u buy from. I bought it shortly before xmas too and i bargain like crazy. The coffee table was really huge when it delivered, me hubby and i were quite taken aback. The coffee table costs us abt $300 and the tv console S$ 750.
U can buy color paintings to hang on the wall and brighten the house. I on the other hand, find my house too brown..ha..ha..

hubby does not want my gown to be too low cut, he says i always very clumsy wait expose then no good. actually, my gown is alittle lose at the bust area according to designer coz i lose some weight. i told her dont alter till nearer to the wedding date. So i was busy pulling the bustier upwards during ps.

the blister is that bad till got blue black. oh no. it sounds really scary...but dont tape anymore,
maya: wow, good for you that u got S$30 voucher from Courts. no, lah...i not petite..kare is quite close...i am abt 1.67 m tall.

Kare: good, the EG shld be altered. it is too big for you. i like yr veil very much too...they did a lining for you at the bottom, mine do not have.

kare2711

May.. the bridal boutique gave me two. If you noticed, when I did the bun (bee hive, requested by my aunt, ugh!) and did studio shoots, I had on a veil without the lining. Only when I do outdoors and my hair was down, I used the veil with the lining
happy.gif

pam

Hi Rinoa,
Have not booked yet but I have made a second appointment next Thursday to try out the gowns then book my package then.
I heard that Compass photographers is having a bridal show in conjunction with Style Weddings Mag. And I mentioned it to Colin and he said that I can switch to no photography package if I want to make use of the deal from Compass during the show.

priscilla

Hi all,
I have make a reservation on the 28/03/03 for our gathering at the Senses Western Fusion Restaurant at the #02-12 of Esplanade Mall, I have actually booked the VIP room for us cos this is what the staff have recommanded and actually the min spending need to be $300 then can use the room but they are willing to waive it off if we cannot hit $300 on our bill but I believe can lar, cos there will be around 16 peoples attending our gathering,right!
I have made the reservation at 7.30pm is that alright with all of you? I have included those who are bringing their hubby too.
I have also check the pricing around $30 per person and they also have set dinner too from $22-$26+++, hope the pricing is acceptable to all of you hoh..!

MAybe we all can meet in the restarant inside and I have place the reservation under my name and that is Priscilla Ng, can?

Confirm location of meeting: Esplanade, Senses Western Fusion Restaurant (2nd Level)
Confirm date : 28/03/03
Time : 7.30pm
Attendance : Meow + hubby(?), Pris + hubby(?), Shirlynn + hubby(?),Besse, Are , Leo29, twinklets, Feb + hubby(?), Jing jing + hubby(?), Akira, Serrich

Not attending - Wen, Sunnyling, Clyne, okeanosmao, DK, Amore, Yve, Ava, Min, Sunrise

yvonne

hi all,

i just managed to upload my pics taken during gown fitting..
here are my gonws
happy.gif

both MTM.. both gowns in the pics were not completed yet
happy.gif
the back of EG should have a bunch of roses made with the pink organza..
and the WGshould have beadings and little laces sewn on it
happy.gif

http://photos.yahoo.com/limyg

min

Hi,Pris,

I went down to sign up with J&M today. Tired to look around. FH likes their photographs. Just worried that I may not be able to find something I like OTR for evening gown cos quite limited. When thay ask you down for your 1st gown fitting? Cos youe wedding 2 days before mine.

Meow,
Thanks for the list. I will continue to update you on the rest of the particulars gradually cos some not fixed date yet. Afetr looking at the list, I got to know that it seems I'm the oldest bride among you all.

S

serene sng

Hi guys,

WOW!!! miss one day postings..so many to read!!! *dizzy..*

Sunrise,
I also on the 2nd Nov and my package is with Everbliss!! Who is your co-ordinator...??? Im going down to them on 30/3 Sunday to try gowns.

Besse,
That is you!!!! I was thinking..."mm..who is this lady???" I thought you were one of my friends... Same here... I went there.. twice! Almost faint...climb until my leg so wobbly...
Well, initally i was like you... let nick take over the evening but my hubby thinks is will spoilt everything and nick recommended danny to us. I was very satisfied with him cos he is very experienced and even guide us to where we are heading. Nick will do the post production and danny is similar to nick style so we are quite happy! So we took the photo cum video package and most of all, they didnt pressuried us. Besse, Dun feel so sad about not finding any gowns...
As u saw me that nite, u can see i rounder than you. as least u have the height... Me got nothing...haiz...
U can try qin zhong .. he is from grey matters...
his no is:9622 2707 he charge abt $800/- onwards.. not too sure.. u can check with him.
MJ Queens,
Wow... all of you experts!!! win so much!!! Me cannot make it.. cos blame my temper. Quarrel with my hubby everytime so always lose....hais...

Wen,
Yup... they are the same side with those orange buildings. Actually, if everything done before Sep, shall not be a prob but HDB say will delay to Dec 03/Jan04 ...sobsob!! I actually suggested after marry.. both go back to own house to sleep.. im not used to my hubby house leh... sianz...
I call them and ask if i can change... but they say have to forfeit... crazy pigs... feel like slapping them!!

I wouldnt be around tomorrow... have to follow up with u guys some other days... going for dinner with my boss... sian.. :p

See ya guys around!

sue

Hi Kare: Used yr previous email to access yr website but can't locate yr PS photos. Do I see it under 'wedding'?

Hi Pausini: So glad that yr trouble is finally over & you managed to chose 40 pixs! I look fwd to see yr photos. Email us when they are ready okie.

Hi May: Dun mention. You really look great in yr gowns. Oh yah, your bouquet is very nice. I usually see calla lilies in white & yr colour looks unique.

Hi Shook: I went for my 2nd fitting yesterday & I told you previously that I told my designer to add one more layer underneath so that it will be more flare. It actually looks ok. I took two photos, will develop, scan & email you.

Hi Peabrain: Are you using Kim? Sorry I can't remember.

enya

iris, i bought a silver pair..think it should be able to match a white WG ... and it's more practical, cos after the big day, u can still wear these shoes to any functions. white shoes are more difficult to match ...

piper

enya..where did you get your shoes? me got a hard time trying to find a decent pair of silver shoes...wif not too high heels

cat

hi yvonne, ur bridal is sophia is it? looks familiar.

u avid swimmer ah? how are u going to get rid of the tan line?

overall i think u're a sweet bride.

taddess

hi Yvonne,

I love your long long train...are you going to have flower girls and boys...think it would look great with them...is yours also a church wedding? Think long trains go very well with church weddings...

priscilla

Hi Min,
Who sign you up?
Me not sure when going for 1st fitting cos me have not go to discuss what I want my WG to look like cos mine is MTM, but never mind if can't find any EG you like cos for my package they provide me to MTM my EG if I can't find anything I like, kekke.... Maybe we may meet up at the shop one day, hahahha....!

min

hi, pris,
mine is with susan. you?
They fix an appt with me to do 1st gown trying and photoshoot date ordei.
I didn't get MTM EG.
Let me know when you going for fitting, mayb we will meet.

min

hi, pris,
mine is with susan. you?
They fix an appt with me to do 1st gown trying and photoshoot date ordei.
I didn't get MTM EG.
Let me know when you going for fitting, mayb we will meet.

elaine

Hi,

berry - It took me about 1 week + (almost 2 weeks but I dun work on it everyday) If you dun use flash to do, then it is not so complicated, & if you know wat & how you wan it to be, it makes things easiler
happy.gif

jenny - Reading is quite difficult but tat was also how I started out with in the first place, the after more practice, will be easlier.

angelbella & eustoma - Ok, just Click Here.

flowee - ya...I think my trip there is also cancel
sad.gif
sad.gif

shanice

Hi Mei Mei

Hmmm u wanna go tioman? i dunno much abt the price of tickets etc cos its included in my wedding photoshoot package, so we were just told where to meet etc... but i'll tell u wat i know. best is that u go Borders to check those travel books, better idea, or go yahoo search, search for tioman.

Basically, Tioman is in Malaysia. There are many beaches there, and one jetty for each beach, so it depends which one u wanna go. My beach is called Salang Beach, the last stop of tioman ferry. Most northern part.

First, from singapore we have to get to JB check point... take 170 bus or watever... when u reach JB checkpoint, u can either take a bus 170 again (direction INTO malaysia to a terminal bus station called LARKIN) or u can take a cab. abt 6 ringgit. we took cab. we reached LARKIN bus terminal at 8.30am, as instructed. then i think at the bus station u can purchase tickets to MERSING... then they'll tell u which platform to wait for a COACH. the coach takes abt 2 hours plus to reach MERSING. when u alight, around there got some FERRY AGENCIES. MERSING is where u take a fast ferry to tioman. make sure its those speed boat type. make sure the agency understands that u wanna to arrive with the speed boat (2 hours to tioman by ferry, fastest)

We went with DEE TRAVEL. i dunno how much the ticket costs, i think it's abt 25 ringgit PER PERSON PER TRIP. so 2 way trip for 2 person is total 100 ringgit. not very cheap.... hahaha...

we took 12pm boat. think u better tell them whcih beach u wanna go to.. then the guy in the boat will instruct u which jetty to stop.
happy.gif
mostly people go TETEK beach i think.... or berjaya resort... but those are too crowded... mine is fine... Salang. think accomodation can just book when u reach the island, or u can book online... or thru phone. weekends might be more packed....

accomodation is around 150 ringgit for a standard aircon chalet style. no breakfast included. make sure they have hot shower... ours dun have
sad.gif
dun expect too much... but food is ok price and nice! hahahaah.... daily boat departures are 9am and 3 pm i think.... :p

hope this helps... or alternatively u can go world trade centre... there are some boat agency there (PENGUIN) that have direct ferries to tioman, each person 100 plus sing dollars... but i dunno accomodation included or not... wat i mentioned above is all on free n easy basis. anything pls email me to clarify. just click on my nick.
happy.gif

Shanice

shanice

hi abrinas

yeah i'm going this thru now... period supposed to come ages ago, but since the photoshoot (8th march) till now, still not here yet.. it's not possible for me to b preggy, so i'm not worried. think i'm too stressed by PS liao! i dream abt it everynite! ahahahahah so glad it's over!

yep i not having wedding dinner, but i have actual day, got buffet catering all that... so i guess must send out invitations too? lunch reception mah... keke
happy.gif

Shanice
happy.gif

meow

Pris,
You made a reservation for so many ppl huh? Somehow i foresee that maybe some may not be able to make it last minute one leh.

shook

Hihi May
Dun go to the shop behind CK. Go to the shop where there were 2 shops side by side selling guo da li stuff. Choose the one dat is not the corner shop.
Pls share your photos wif me @ [email protected]

Hihi Jan
Dat is really a gd news 4 u!! Now u have your FH to help wif wedding preparation n photo selection. Feel happy 4 u. Ya war is terrible, Sars is oso terrible.

Hihi Pausini
Yuhoo, gd dat u r happy wif your ps, can select 40 pcs somemore. Think u were in a lousy mood then. A lot of time, our mood affects everything we do.
Jazeel is v nice to offer to re-take your photos w/o u asking. Dat is gd customer service.
U not ma fan lar. Bet every bride wants their wedding thing 2 b perfect. Like me, wanna re-select my EG.

jus

Hi poki,

During our dinner, u mentioned something about the wacoal corset thingy...
may i know where i can find shops that sells wacoal? sori... i super duper blur
; )

thanx

yve

Hey gers!!

Seems that I can make it for the gathering on 28 Mar cos trip is postponed all thanks to Bush and Saddam.. Can I still join in? It will only be me lah, FH got class on Friday

M

mrs

Hi Ladies.

I most likely will not engage a videographer. I did up a short one for my ROM and we just saw it a couple of times before we dump it into the store.

I find that actual day photography is more important cos you are more like to pull it out to look atthem and friends who come over your place would probably ask to see your photos instead of viewing a long CD.

I have not gone shopping for shoes yet. Is there really a need to do that so early? Where did you gitrls find your shoes? I'm thinking of getting those strappy or open toes ones.

Pam: Are you sure the Compass Photographers are giving a special deal during the show? If it's true, then I want to go and have a look.

jady

hi wenn,

I'm fine, just abit busy with reno.
happy.gif

elaine dear, don't get too stressed. do u intend to postpone yr honeymoon?

now, i'm more worried abt our neighbouring countries staging a holy war since muslims there reacted so strongly to the war
sad.gif

i think i'm going to cancel my bintan getaway nxt mth too!

J

jan2003

Pausini: thank you. i am very happy now. Same as you, i won't be able to hand out cards before end of Mar. So we will be doing it in Apr. No choice. May will be too late for me to distribute. I will just wait till Qing Ming is over to start distributing. I am more messy. i don't have list of things to do. Just do what i can. : ) Yes, i am in the same situation as you. Both sides cannot decide on date for "guo da li" and the items required.

May: Yes, now that he is back, i cannot wait to select photos!

Kare2711: ok, thanks for the link. feedback after i see! yah, you are right. no joyous but must be positive too. i just hope the war end before all our weddings in May. It will be so much better. Ok, I will send you an email from my email then u can just reply. easier this way.

Shook: Yes, now with war and Sars, it's just so terrible. I don't even know where to go for honeymoon. natas is promoting aussie and nz but i not keen at all. japan too expensive. the last time i went there, 1 apple cost $7/-! so expensive and the accomodations are so expensive. out of the question. korea...... have to consider. i don't want to go if not keen, will spoil mood.

Sue: how are things going on your side? SLK getting on ok? Been a long time since we heard from her. If you happen to sms her, send her our regards. She should has done her PS?

All: Anyone got good recommendations for red wine? not too expensive and good to drink? about the range of $18 per bottle?

meimei

Hi Shanice Lai (shanice),
thank u very much. Your instructions help. I think I can/will book accommodation on the internet with one of the resort, then take a direct ferry from World Trade Center. I'll go down World trade to check it out tomorrow. Thanks again.

naturally

Hi enya!
Got your shoes so fast har...
happy.gif
Piper, me also on lookout for shoes now, if u find something pretty yet comfortable, let me know hor! I think quite impt to find comfy shoes, last thing i want is to trip and fall!
lol.gif
Also thinking of custom-making shoes if i really can't get a good pair... anyone knows how long does it take to make one pair?
happy.gif

M

munwei

Hi Yvonne (limyg),
your gowns are very impressively nice. Too bad the pics are too dark. If you going down again to try gowns (isit the bridal shop near Ah Kun Loti at Tanjong Pagar?), I can bring my cam and take for you. By the way, which hotel and when are you hosting your wedding?

freesia

Hi Naturally,
Thought you should have your shoes ready for your 1st fitting, right?
My friend who got married told me that custom made shoes need 6 weeks to be done.

may

Shook: which photos? i abit blur now.

Sue: ya the calla lilies color is really different - looks a little maroon but hubby says it is purple.

What flowers r u gals chosing for yr actual? do you think i shld go for different flowers or stick to the same one that i got for ps?

Kare: u look sweeter w your hair down. I didnt notice the veil with your hair bun up. Wow, you very close to yr aunt? she accompanies you for ps?