(2003) Brides of year 2003

wen

Mint,
Thanks! Glad to hear that. One less thing to worry.... Who is your photographer?

I am getting my gown & photography from Tan Yoong. The rest a la carte. Still looking for tailor for tea dress and groom suit....
Anyone has good recommendation?

tingting

mrs quake,

oh yah, that reminds me to ask something on the card. Did you sign up for the card online? Understand that u can also get the card at participating outlets. Wonder if they are available at all shops listed in the website? And also if I'll get the vouchers indicated here if I sign on the card at shops? Maybe Chin Leng can help clarify if she's around..,

wen

Sweetie,
Good for you... soon u will see your beautiful gown..... must take photo n show me....

4 months is a very conservative estimation. He will take a longer time if opt for more elaborated design.

I dont know what i want for detailing so i will just leave it to the designer. I just let him know i want a big ball gown i.e. very pong pong one for wedding gown and straight cut with folds and frills for evening gown.

M

mrs

tingting,

I'm not sure if thecards are available at the participating outlets. I actually sent the registration form (from the site) and a cheque to SB. Chin Leng called me up 1 day after itwas posted out. Very efficient!

beibei

Priviledged,
Dun worry!!just start doing some arm exercises and u will look beautiful in june!me also not used to be so'naked'wearing my bustier gown!!but to be meimei that day I am now doing intensive exercise and looking after my diet.

sorry can't help u on how to download the photo.i only know how to use scanning then send through email.

Now we have 4brides able to meet on 19/3!shall we go ahead with the plan??
happy.gif

June brides gathering at Olio Dome Suntec
19/3/03 7pm

YES
--beibei
--Shanice
--Priviledged
--abrinas

maybe
--pooh

No
--Pucca

chicory

Hi gals,

Thanks for the info, but i want to visit Picture Box first cuz' Marcus will return all the exposures if i buy 20 more photos from him @ $900, i will have 40 photos in the album plus all the exposures free. However i must first check if i can choose non-digital. Andrew Choi is non-digital rite? Another photographer to visit is Linn Kong. I agree with Mrs Quake too, that i would prefer to spend more on photography than gowns as i am equally confident of Dang and Jawn.

I read that LG is quite exp too, so i did not go see her gowns. I think Dang's WG are elegant and simple in a way which i like. In fact, i am not towards too much embroideries so i like their styles which are beads and some laces
happy.gif

Mrs Quake, how long did it take for the SB card to be sent to you? I want to apply too but i hope to get it b4 31 March as i want to sign up for the Marina Mandarin Promotion. I read that it usually will take 14 days.

I think i won't know your FH cuz' he is 3 yrs older than me ;-)

wen

leo29,
Only 2.... not enough leh....

are,
not really dont believe. just like what u have said, after consulting them, have to revamp the whole house. Then must spend $ again...

My morning timing is 8 - 9 am... very early leh... makeup must start about 630am... we are hoping that it can be later but no luck... FIL very particular about such things... may have time for additional PS but scare too tired. i don't want to look tired during dinner as I want to take lots of photo with friends during dinner reception so intend to take afternoon nap in hotel.

teochew bride out there,
Do u have to leave the house v early??

pinkade

hi gals!!!

I am back. Was busy shopping for a bridal boutique the last week. Have shortlisted BV and Divine. I am really torn between the two. I like Divine for their low-back, dreamy and flowy gowns but i think for suit wise, BV would be better cos they have the mens club, looks more professional. But i am hesitant to sign with BV cos i understand that michelle does mainly structured duchess satin kind of gowns while i am looking for flowy organza kind. really troubled
sad.gif
...any advice please?
For PS, have decided on chris ling already. met up with him last week...funny and friendly guy!

tingting

hehe, me being a bit KS...if i'm not making use of the privileges then no point getting the card yet rite? btw, i know at least u can sign up for the card at Le Galleria.

pinkade: a few of us here have also signed up with Chris. When is your photo shoot and which package did u take up?

M

mrs

Chicory:

Picture Box's seems to be a good deal. 20 extra photos plus all exposures return is cheaper than Andrew Choi. But other than cost, I think you should also consider the style of the photographer.

FH and I are not posey people and we prefer natural style of photography and so we picked Andrew Choi. He actually uses Digital Camera. You may want to checkout his studio also even though he is pricier. You may be won over just like me and FH! I burst my budget for hsi photography!
happy.gif

I also like Dang's simple style. I'm not a lace person and so I went for embroidery and beadings instead.

If I'm not wrong, the card took about 7-9 days before it reached me by post. You can check with Chin Leng if he is able to rush for you lor.

Tingting,

Yap, if you think you have uses for the card, then apply. If not it's just another white elephant

are

wen... from wat i know, you are considered v late for teochoew brides already rite? i tot teochew is 3-4am tat kind of timing one? ;P

dun worrie lah, you will feel so excited and happy tat the radiance will show on your face! i really doubt you will be able to sleep during the afternoon! ;P

if you really want so many locations, maybe you can do 2 days of PS? then at least you can still 'smile' aft some rest. ;P

cath

Hi pinkade
Wat's FH's opinion? Does he mind if there's no men club for Divine. Personally, I feel that attention is more on bride rather than bridegroom.. so I guess Divine is a better choice lor. =)

pinkade

hi 1027

My PS is in Aug. In fact that day when i went to see chris, he was having a promotion. I got the premium package for $2,800 (normal is $4,500 i think) but PS has to take place in either Apr or Aug which incidentally is Qing Ming and 7th month, and i think that might be why chris is having a promotion. My hubby & i didn't mind so we went for it. Alternatively, if we sign up with a boutique that chris tie up with, we need only top up $1,500 for the premium package (15R print with collages) cos the photography included in all bridal packages are only basic ones (8R prints w/o collages).

feb

Hi Wen

Yours is still no consider early leh..My hubby is Teochew also and he has to come n fetch me to reach his place at ard 7am.. And my makeup artist is coming at ard 5am..

Somemore i stay in the West and he stay in the East leh...Me lagi xiong...

pinkade

hi cath

thanks for the advice. my hubby doesn't mind as long as i am happy
happy.gif
but i dun want to make him feel any less important or left out. somemore he gets to keep the suit, so i think it's important to make a good one then can keep for future use mah! hehe...
anyone here with Divine? want to find out more abt their men's suit..basically design & tailoring
anyone with BV also? wanna find out if Michelle does those dreamy flowy organza gowns..thanks

tingting

chicory,

u can sign up for the card at Le Galleria, and they have promotions for singaporebrides card holder. not sure what's the current promotion though..gotta check

chicory

Mrs Quake,

I prefer his previous style of photography when he took it for my fren, he wasn't on digital yet then. I hope that he can allow me to choose his previous style. Andrew Choi also can consider, in fact i saw the album of one of the wedding couple at Dang and i am impressed too, somemore can pay by instalment which is very good deal
happy.gif
. I am also towards the more natural kind of photography, so Linn Kong is also a good choice for me as Chris Ling is too exp.

Yah, thanks, i will check with Chin Leng regarding the card. I think it's a good deal cuz' i can get $200 dining voucher at MM if i signed up b4 31st March.

may

hi gals, my 2nd fitting was much better. I could wear the gowns now. It appears that i have lost a little weight...i am so happy. Now my designer tells me cant lose anymore must maintain. ha..ha..how tough life is.

I have no time to download the pixs yet. Will do so tomw. I didnt have a full trial last nite. I mean the make up artist only did my makeup not hair. But he told me what he will do for ps and actual day. He was a nice guy but my hubby felt that he did nt even ask me what i like or prefer. he just took a look at my color of the evening gown and went ahead to do my face. Which was true. But i was pretty alright abt it. It was strange to see myself in full make up though.

How r all your trial makeup like? Got to hair?
Was very tired. Cldnt quite make up my mind how big my can can shld be. After i post the pixs peerhaps u all can give me an idea.

Kare: i want to see u pix. i will email u.

Pausini: today weather looks hazy but not hot. Hope your ps went well.

wen

Are,
I am not teochew bride. Hubby s teochew. So thought can have it later like about 10.
I m sure i will be so gan cheong until cant sleep. hate to have dark cirlces on actual day.

Feb,
wow... so early. must leave your house at about 6.30pm lor.
Do your makeup artist charge extra for coming so early?

M

mrs

Chicory,

If you are impressed with the photos are Dang, you will be 'wow' over at some at his studio. In fact FH wasn't sure if he is worth the $ when he saw his works at first.

At the studio, we saw a couple who is 'quite normal' looking (just like us) and their photos turn out very nicely and natural. FH was completely taken by his works then and actually told me that he is worth bursting our budget! *chuckle*

BTW, what promotion is going on at MM? Can let us know?

are

wen... opps, sorrie, mistaken. dun worrie lah... i was once told tat the nite before, sleep with cucumbers on your eyes or teabags lor... its ok one lah, eyebags are the make-up artist's challenge! ;P

akira

Hi Wen,

my hubby makes his business shirts (and a suit for his fren's wedding) at Tessuti (Peninsular Plaza 3rd flr). quality and service good,price reasonable. the owners are real friendly and up with the latest trends so you might want to pay them a visit.in fact we are getting his wedding suit tailored there even thou the bridal package provides. Also, I think Kai recommends Tessuti to the brides using his bridal service. sorry dun have Tessuti's number with me now - can email you over the weekend if you are interested.

shanice

hello...

hi sweets... when will u be back?
happy.gif
yap i go amore almost everyday dear, arghhh so shag out! hahhhahaha....
happy.gif

wah 1st fitting and 2nd fitting of gowns we also took photos, brought video cam as well as normal cam! wahhhhahahha... my sis n her hubby went with us, so we've got FOC photographer! hey wish me LUCK! tomolo is our STUDIO PHOTOSHOOT!!!! HOW?????!?!?!!?!? SCARED@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ahhahhahaa... hubby will take pics of me b4 n after make up, after changing to gown etc, eating etc... all 'journalistic" ahahhhahah....

to post photos here, u got to register with an online photo album - e.g fuljifilm.com or yahoo photos.... think u have to go to the page where the folders are at the online album, then copy n paste the url link here... the viewers can click n go to ur online album... sorry if it sounds confusing... i'm never a good "explainer" hahahha...

Sure look forward to the outing.... hey gals, in real life i veri shy one.. so pls accomodate n bear with me!
happy.gif

Shanice
happy.gif

pooh

Hi,
i brought my own digital camera during my PS. At first also didnt remember to take pics at the shop house. When at the hai zi shu then i remember. Took some pics and save in my PC. Some of the gals saw before rite?

I will try my best to meet up on 19th Mar.

wen

akira,
Thanks! Would be glad if you can give me the no.

I went to one of them in OUB Centre. They quote $550 for standard material. Is that reasonable? Another from those neighbour shop quote me only $380 but their design so so only.

shook

Hihi Vin
Ya, think all bridal shops try not to alter their gowns. All those gowns I tried fits me nicely. The designer said I v petite, so shld take v simple gown. If I take gown wif many accessories, it looks like the gown is wearing me not I wear the gown. I personally love gowns wif many accessories. The gown dat I like for my ps has many accessories.

Hihi May
I missed your previous question, my final fitting is on 19 Apr. U think I shld re-select gown during or b4 my final fitting?
I used my trial make-up for my ROM. My makeup artist did a half bun for me. Usually trial doesn't incl hairdo.

Hihi Kare2711
I oso wanna do a montage presentation but I m a computer idiot. My hubby not really favor of it. Sigh...

hmmm, looks like chris has offers now and then.
pinkade: what does your package include?
wonder if he'll let me upgrade ...

abrinas

Hi Shanice

Good luck tomorrow and enjoy it!! It's very interesting.
happy.gif

Lucky u can go to Amore every day!! U good life tai tai, not like the rest of us, must work
lol.gif

chicory

Hi,

i already emailed to Chin Leng and he says the card would reach me by next friday
happy.gif
. Actually very convenient to sign for the card at LG too.

I know Andrew Choi is good, but he is slightly to the expensive side, maybe i will discuss with hubby whether he minds forgoing studio shots. I think no harm visiting his studio too, especially we can pay by instalments
happy.gif
. I think a good photographer is worth paying more for if there is no tight budget.

The promotion for Marina Mandarin is if you sign up before 31st March and your dinner is before 31 Dec 03, every table minus $30, free flow beer and an additional nite stay for the wedding couple. Min 20 tables for Orion Ballroom, 22 tables for Les Oiseaux Ballroom and 40 tables for the Grand Ballroom. With SB card, they will give you a $200 dining voucher. Actually the promotion is on the Homepage of SB. Have you all confirm your venue yet?

beanie

Hi Abrinas,

I think 24 bottles should be enuf but it would be good for you to also look at and shortlist what the hotel has and in case you run out of red wine, you can still use the hotel's as back up. I will be doing that cause i have very heavy red wine drinker from my office but as the hotel will charge corkage from the 31st bottle at $25+++ so is not worth to bring in lor.

I will be bringing my digital camera cause my make up artist will be following me thirughout the whole photo shoot session and she will be taking photos for me too. hee so i dun have to worry in case i forget.

i will be going for my second fitting tomorrow. for my ist fitting, i actually slim down by one inch and they got to alter both gowns. my designer even warn me not to slim down too much, otherwise, the gown will not look good with too much alteration. now i worry scarcely cannot fit in tomorrow die. i never went on diet but dun know how come slim down. maybe stress. any of you girls face the same situation?

Beibei,

i will post later if i can attend the gathering k?

abrinas

Hi Beanie

Thanks for the advice. I will try not to use wine from the hotel cos their wine are all quite ex. Maybe I will buy more bottles n bring there. The most if there's any left, me and FH will bring back home n drink ourselves silly
lol.gif

R u stressed? some brides when stressed will slim down. Don't worry too much. R u worried of shortage of time? Me too stressed but I did not slim down as much as I want to.
sad.gif
Me stressed abt the economy n getting a little paranoid. Worried tt no one turns up for the dinner n church wedding etc. Worst still, ang pows short 2 much n hv to cough out a lot!! Very silly rite but can't help it leh
sad.gif
Cannot tell my FH otherwise he will scold me xiao!!

kopibean

Hi Mrs Quake,

Understand that you took up studio package from andrew choi.
I would like to know how much is the package for studio & outdoor photoshoot for andrew choi?
Appreciate if you could provide me the info!

blissz

hi cath & blurblur

i've sent the quote to you
happy.gif
btw any comments on videolane?? I'm thinking of visiting them too
happy.gif

hi pinkade

what a coincidence!! BV & Divine were 2 of the 3 bridals i shortlisted initially...but chose Ted Wu finally...

well, I guess divine is more suitable cos you seem to prefer the dreamy flowy type of gowns...as for the man's suit, you may wish to have it tailored at men's tailor such as raffles tailor if you are not comfortable with divine...just a suggestion
happy.gif

may

Shook: i meant do another selction during your final fiiting. But if you can and the bridal has new gowns why dont u go at the end of the month? Canu get a galfriend to pretend that she is interested in their service to go with you and then stress to bridal that u r bringing a potential for selection - then they treat u nicer?

Hate to resort to such tactics but if u not happy with the selection ...u must fight for your rights. Oh ur ps over.

How petite r u? I always tot petite brides can wear anything...

Kare: be proud of your asset. But then again sometimes i also prefer to be smaller. I realise photos are very misleading. After the digital shots, i tot i look slimmer in the wedding gown. But in the pix is reversible.

I also feel that the evening gown kinda emphasize mine top too. after i download my pixs then u will understand.

feb

Hi Yi

Ya Hor...Think remember u ever mention to me that u stay somewhere near the Jurong Point there...

My new house is where your hubby's friend stay lor (Think u also got mention this) ..Opposite the Jalan Bahar Civil Defence Camp there...But still have not move in yet...
lame.gif

priviledged

Hi abrinas,
Thanks for the consolation. After looking at the 'fat' photo repeatedly, it's beginning to grow on me. Haha!
crazy.gif

I also 'engineered' the photo on the computer later by using a digital 'pen' tool to draw in the lace embroidery that will go on, as well as a 'necklace' and 'flowers' on my hair. Sounds crazy right? But after all that, it didn't look bad at all! I'm sure you'll be really lovely on your wedding day too. I believe the bridal boutiques can really do magic. And often people don't see us the way we see ourselves. I'll try and post the pictures soon.

I'm also concerned, like you, abrinas, about financial matters. My Fiance is a poor PhD student in the US, and I'll be joining him there for one year after our wedding (no more income!). Don't know what things will be like after that. Our flat is not renovated yet either.

tingting

Hi Chicory,

i've earlier considered MM, but they din have my date. Also felt that the coordinator was not very sincere in responding to our questions. But the food there is not bad..

Was a bit surprised that you haven't booked ur dinner venue..then i realised that your wedding is on a weekday, so not that much a hurry. For those of us who are on weekends, most of us have already booked our venues.

are

hey... so sorrie, forgot who was the one who wanted to buy kebaya. anyway, i juz went lunch and went past a shop which sells quite nice ready-made kebayas. not sure if they are the real traditional ones. here's the address if anyone interested :

LUV Boutique
#04-07, City Plaza, 810 Geylang Road.
Tel : 67424498, 67448355

hope tis helps! ;P

abrinas

Hi Priviledged

Thansk for your consolation.
wink.gif
Seems like we are consoling each other today.

How I wish we can bth engineered the photo to make us look slimmer less the double chin (I hv it!!) and chubby cheeks (I hv it too!!)! Nvrmnd, like you say, bridal boutiques can do magic.

Me 2, my flat not renovated yet either but I m glad that I bought the premium type. We are fellow punggolians? Mine's at 642C, how abt u? For mine, flooring for whole house is done, toilets 2. Just needed to paint and we hv finished painting liao.
happy.gif

happy.gif
Dont worry. Think like this, after your fiance completes his course, u will hv a professor as a husband and wah, imagine the kind of money he will earn someday
lol.gif
Feeling better rite?

Me very paranoid one. my mum used to nag at me why i find someone who earns lesser than me, how is he going to feed me next time yabbe yabbe yabbe. After that it gets to me n I will think to myself also "Ya hor, why i find someone like that huh". Then after that, i will answer the qt myself ... jia ji sui ji, jia gou sui gou ... u know marry chicken follow chicken, marry dog follow dog
lol.gif
lol.gif
My FH neither a dog nor chicken, he's a pig *oink oink*
lol.gif
He's still earning lesser than me but I tell myself, someday, someday he will earn more than me
happy.gif
More or less, I still love him
blush.gif

Very lor soh today - sorrrrieee

kare2711

Oh May, sent to you already. Anxious to see you in all your splendour, with your trial makeup. I had my trial makeup some time back, when I had my first fitting, and wasn't allowed photos then because my gowns weren't complete. Though now my gowns were still not complete, the designer at least allowed me to take photos.

M

mrs

Chicory,

Free interest instalment is definitely helpful when it comes to big expenditures like weddings. I talked to Andrew when I signed up. He told me that most of the time, studio shots only take up 30% of the total package unless you request for more. Reason for that is because there is basically nothing much you can take in a studio eg. either you sit or you stand. From what I know, he prefers taking out door shots too cos it's more interesting.

Actually, I have already confirmed my dinner venue. It's Crown Prince hotel and mine dinner is on a week day too.

Kopibean,

I don't know if those packages he offered me at that point is still available or not but I can give you some idea. For the basic package of INDOOR & OUTDOOR, the price is $2000 for 20 8Rs, 1 table top and 1 CD Rom of SELECTED photos.

jus

hi pinkade,

cath is right that the focus would be on you rather than your FH
is there any possibility of getting the best of both worlds? i.e., to get divine to make men suit following your specifications?
or alternatively, can tailor it at other shops specifically for men suit, e.g., kingsmen, dickson
kingsmen is on the high-end side, but they are pretty professional
dickson, on the other hand, charges more reasonably, but the shop (Suntec) looks a bit run down

hi vio,
just wondering if you have receive my details (thru your email add)