long time never hear from u!
happy.gif

hi feb,

I'm staying in the west with hubby now!
happy.gif

hi jady,

no prob, i'll help if i can.
happy.gif

hehe, u actually left something behind at the restaurant huh, maybe can call back and ask, they will probably still have it with them.
happy.gif

chicory

Hi,

tingting, yup, i am the one trying the gowns before you did.
happy.gif

btw, which photographer are you thinking of engaging? What kinda WG will you be going for?

No, i asked her if i show her the SB card, can i get to keep the free tea-dress, she says yes, however i would not get to keep the EG. We did not even talked about the options. I think maybe there is some miscommunication and i will call Cindy to check again.

chicory

Hi all,

i jus called Cindy and clarified with her, she says the promotion where you get to keep both EG and tea-dress ended on Feb, so now when you showed her the SB card, you can only get to keep the MTM tea-dress but not the MTM EG. So if the bride prefer to keep the EG, then maybe can rent the tea-dress (this option i did not check with her cuz' jus came to my mind). She told me they have informed Chin Leng about it.

wen

Hi Besse
If you like duchess satin ball gown and crystals, BV will be the right place. Are you served by Cedric? He is the type i called too professional to be nice. If you are keen to take their package, must meet up with Michelle.

Dont worry. Still got time. Narrow your choice to a few better ones so you dont have to go so many places. For me, I took leave on a Friday to shop on my own. So can go to 6-7 in one day. After that, I shortlisted a few and ask my friend to go with me to give feedback.

If u need any info on their bridal package, let me know.

wen

Are,
As long as u are aware, it is ok.
Must the stove be lower than sink??? Oh dear!!! Mine is the same height. Initially, I want to put them on the same side. But my kitchen not long enough.

That's what some friends suggest. But i scare no time. After tea ceremony, go back to pack then go hotel for check-in. Rest for a while and makeup artist will come already.

Btw anyone know what time will the makeup artist arrive for evening makeup?

wen

Are & Sweetie,
Yeah, i agree. PS a bit too late. But I have no choice
sad.gif

I qiao lor. Put braces. Dentist said can only remove in Sep. There is nothing much i can do
sad.gif

D

dk

leo29, Wen, Besse & the rest,
Me KS right? After visited many bridal...for me not blur...rather none of them really give me a " this is Thee Bridal or Designer that can do up MY gown"....Tried many gowns nothing really calls out to me...
Perhaps i really have not found the right one yet.

I will give myself till end of this month perhaps B4 i confirm the bridal. We'll stop at the end of this week for bridal visits... to visit the photographers studio. We find Memphis Pictures a little Ex...We still considering whether to take the bridal wif photography & use the extra savings for a better/longer honeymoon...

Went to Divine today...finally my FH gave a helpful comment...He said: " Hmmm, Kim is professional & experience....She talk sense & her work shows she understand well tat the WG is the most important. The design & style should actually suit the wedding venue...eg.church, outdoor, ballroom...

Still my option is open.....

Wen & Besse do keep me update & if u need any quries, feel free to reach me at [email protected].

Cheers!

cookiecorgi

hi gals... im wondering if i am the most slack one here... hee... i will be getting a OTR WG and a MTM EG from J&M... my first appt is in May leh.. is it too late? Shd I call them to bring forward the date? according to the bridal ppl, i dont need to choose the gown so soon cos mine is OTR... and MTM EG dont need to start now? true?

Vio: Bugis or Cityhall both fine with me...
happy.gif

A

anniesem

hai girls
i need help to find a good tailor for my sarong Kebaya? Happened to see the conversation about Peranakan and the tailor in siglap centre.. May I have the details? Hoping to get one for my ROM in May? Could anyone provide me with the details please?

shanice

hey gals

heard some of u go for marriage counselling ... wat's that abt? how to go? where? any FOC places? kekeke... pls let me know cos i think my hubby needs to be counselled! ahhahaahah kidding!

not working sometimes also feel very sian leh... keke! cos frens all working! haha... another sad news is that 4 of my close frens all not in sg during my wedding! sigh then my ah yee how? arghhhh anywhere can pay some gals to help? ahhahahahaahahaha kidding!

look forward to seeing u gals during outing!

Shanice
happy.gif

tingting

Hi chicory,

just wanna tell you that me n my friends think that you look very sweet..
happy.gif
Also, you look kinda familiar to me. Were you from TJ or Bizad? When's your wedding date?

Not sure which style of WG to take, cos Dang said I should be able to carry almost any kind. but if I do sign up with Dang, i'll definitely do a cheongsam for my EG
happy.gif
If i sign on the singaporebrides card, I'll prob do a bustier kind of tea dress (to keep) since I'm unlikely to keep my cheongsam EG. That's provided i dun do a bustier WG (most likely will be off-shoulder). Haha, sounds confusing?!

Photographer...well, I'm considering Photospace or Photo Language (not tied up with Dang). Thinking of getting a separate photography package like what Mrs Quake did, cos I think u can get more photos that will be cheaper than buying extra photos on top of the package. Mrs Quake, maybe you can share why you signed on a separate pacakge from Andrew Choi?

Think now I understand why Dang said it's time for me to confirm a package...although usually shops will only need 6 months' timeframe, but Dang has so many customers, the timeframe will be longer... think i'll confirm by the end of the month..will be visiting Le Galleria again tomorrow...
happy.gif
can't make up my mind!

fishball

hi cookiecorgi,
did u tell yr bridal when u want yr PS to be? If it's in June, then they'll know if it's ok, since it's one gown to make. Otherwise, it'll be quite late cos you need at least 3 months to develop the pics in time for yr actual day.

priscilla

Wen,
But for what I know that PS must be done 6 months before actual day and extra 3 to 4 weeks for MTM gown, so I scare if you take PS in Sep will be not in time for your actual in Nov.
Me planning to take outdoor PS at Raffles Marina,
Sentosa and in the evening at Esplanade.

Meow,
Thanks, I will try to look for the address lor.
So how is the gathering going on?
Any new location?

meow

Pris,
I have no idea. Think some one will help me to reserve the place once a location is decided?

Girls,
any other suggestions on our meetup Beside Esplande? Any also. please update me your location date. Thanks!

sweets

Hi all,
happy.gif

Beanie, we are having 30 tables of 12, cos I wish to have space for a dance floor, so have to take 4 tables out for that. As for wines, I believe my FH is budgeting 2-3 bottles for each table, maybe even more as that's the only beverage besides the chinese tea/soft drinks that we are having.

I believe our list may increase rather than decrease as the date draws nearer...yucks.

Shanice
happy.gif
Wait for me lar..I'll also be not working when I am home...grin...so we can go hang out together hahahaa....Do you work out at Amore ? I intend to take up some classes to workout too..its too cold over here to go jogging now although I've such a craving to run outdoors.
I've also seen some MPC courses before...hmm...cannot remember where...I think its like with some Family thinggy govt agency...grin..sorry,not much help there..but I'm sure someone around can tell u.

Taddess, I've engaged Moomedia and they are pretty reasonable for both photo and video....you may like to check them out. Stefine is another one that does pretty good work too. I liked them both as they are more non-traditional and modern in concepts vs some other vendors that I've visited...
happy.gif

okie dokie...chat in a bit..ta

sweetie

Hi Priscilla,
I heard that one has to be a member of the club before you can go Raffles Marina for photoshooting.Is it true?

Wen,
If you have your ps in sep, I think you cannot mtm your gown.

snoopy

Hello all,

Wow, we're now counting down in days liao, hehe
wink.gif
!!!

Me also not sure about an chuang. We won't be having that coz no chuang to an since we won't be staying there. There's actually another thread in this forum on this topic. Maybe there'll be more information in it. I think some couples also select auspicious days to do it. At least, that's what my sis did last time.

snoopy

K

kk

Hi Yi Jie,

Hmm..busy at times so never drop msgs but i still pop by everyday!

Hi Leafy,

Is qianxi going to have a new look at the marina branch? I am not too sure leh. U liaise with Suzanna too? I thought Tony, her husband, is in charge of marina outlet?

Hmm..not too sure leh. My farrer park outlet also will have new looks. But dunno they start works on it already or not.

It is ok. If u happen to see the balloon tank again, remember to inform me
happy.gif

wen

DK,
Take your time. I am sure you will find your dream gown soon. For me, I like TY Design so much but hubby said too ex. So I look around hoping to get cheaper package elsewhere. But in the end, I still choose TY cos I really like his design and feel that he is the one who can give me a dream gown.

I am also going to 2 -3 studios this saturday. Who do u have in mind? I m thinking of Leonard, Andrew & Chris. For me, the most important is to take PS in Sep/Oct and can get photos before 17/11.

My hubby & I also feel the same about Kim. Thumb up for her!!!

Cheers....

cath

Hi cookiecorgi,
Wat fishball said is right. For mine, they need around 2 months to make both. By the time they are ready, it will be somewhere june liao. jus in time for PS. Or perhaps you want to bring forward the MTM EG to Apr. somewhere in May or Jun, you can also prepare for PS, rather then timing is right for all… to leave some allowance jus in case *touchwood* something crop up

wen

Pris,
I am also worried about that. That's why I need a photographer who can see to my request. I know Chris can do it. But I am still looking around for others.

Sweetie,
My wedding gown & evening gown will be MTM. Now the designer is working on the design for both gowns. Must wait till end Apr then can see his design. After that, he need about 4 months to make the gown. I will probably get to see the actual gown 1-2 weeks before PS.

blissz

Hi gals

sorry....mia for quite a while....how's everyone's preparations??
happy.gif

Hi cath

I'm also sourcing for actual day videographer...have met up with fabian lim and eric tan recently....intending to check out videolane too...let me know if you are interested in their pricelist
happy.gif

Hi 1027

wow...so fast 1st fitting?? dun worry, sure you'll look great in your gown....
happy.gif

M

mrs

Wow Chicory,
They are fast in ending the promotion but I just check the page http://www.singaporebrides.com/membership_card/bridals.htm and the perks are still there.

Hi Tingting,
I will be glad to share why I took separate package for my bridal and photo. Basically, Dang provides a all in MTM bridal + photo package (by Andrew Choi) for $4488. The photos in this package includes only 20 8R indoor and outdoor and selected proofs in a CD Rom.

Dang also has another 'a la carte' MTM bridal package which consist of the same things in the above package without any photos for $3288. The difference in price between the 2 packages is $1200.

Andrew Choi has his own package for OUTDOOR SHOTS ONLY at $1500 which consist of 30 8Rs, 1 8R table Top and selected proofs in CD Rom.

I took separate packages and so the price comes up to $4788. As compared to Dang's all in package, I may have paid $300 more but I get 10 more 8R pics in album.

At the same time, I choose to use citibank credit card which ties up with Andrew Choi for 12 months free interest instalment and gives card members 2 extra 8Rs photo who signs up directly with him. In all, I get 32 8Rs photos in album for $1500. Isn't that more worth while?

And I just checked my invoice from Dang, the package price is already inclusive of GST as I don't see any GST reflection on it.

chicory

Hi Tingting,

Thanks
blush.gif
. I was from TPJC but later i went on to Ngee Ann Poly.

Yah, you are so tall and slim, you can definately carry off any style
happy.gif
, so lucky. You saw me standing on the stool that Cindy got for me, so embarrassing
embarrassed.gif
. I think that is a good idea, to do a bustier tea-dress. My fren also suggests that i keep the tea-dress cuz' it is more functional, can get to wear more often than EG. She says her EG is still in her wardrobe and there is no opportunity to wear at all. Ok, at least you already have an idea the kind of styles you want. I am still deciding between empire style or one with a waistline for my WG, but i am not so lucky as Cindy says i look shorter with waistline due to my short body
sad.gif

Yes, i think most photographer are slightly more expensive when you sign with them direct, but they compensate by giving you more photos. For eg, Andrew Choi, Cindy says if i engaged him, to buy the CD Rom with all the shots will cost $600 but i think Mrs Quake only need to pay $500 as she signed direct with him. You can compare the difference for Photospace between signing direct with him and thru' Dang.

When is your wedding date? Mine is tentatively on 30th Dec. Cindy says i have got till April, but i also hope to confirm by end March so got more time. Le Galleria is more expensive than Dang rite?

kare2711

Hey Vin .. if you are not using Powerpoint, then what did you use to show the Montage?

Hey Pausini, may I have a look at your montage too? I'm gathering ideas on how to do this DIY. Too expensive to employ prof to do it for me. My email address is above.

So how's everyone's fittings? Last night, I was too tired to post. I rather like my WG but my chest is very very buxomy. Even my aunt thinks so. Sigh. I really hate my breasts. As for my nightgown, I purposely asked the designer to loosen the waist a little so that my hips don't look so huge. But everyone's going on about how my hips are ok. *siao* Anyway, I'm still two minds about what to do with my night gown. Now that my waist is loosened, I feel like I have such a huge waist. Thankfully, I will have a shawl to cover my hips on the actual night. Even my bridesmaid who was there with me said that I should flaunt my hour glass figure. But in truth, I would go for a hip-less body anytime. Heh .. that's why I'm no fan of J Lo.

abrinas

Wah, so many postings in just one day! This thread is alive, women!!

Me on leave yesterday cos my new house's common toilet's toilet bowl is leaking n waiting for HDB's contractor to come and rectify. Hai
sad.gif
Don't know ok alreali or not cos hv to wait for some stuff to dry up. Realise my room's parquet very sticky. Anyone got remedy?

Hi Beanie
I did not go to Spottiswoode park. for my outdoor I went to Sentosa only cos I lazy
uhoh.gif
n that day is very very very hot!! Me getting my albums 1st week april liao. very excited
happy.gif

My hotel don't allow us to bring in our beer, only can use theirs. Me getting around 24 bottles of red wine. I buying from one of my sister companies cos have trade discount for staff
happy.gif
I only hv 8 bottles of hard liquor cos they say enuf as not many ppl drink hard liquor nowadays

vin

HI Shook,

Too big?? Ask them try to alter fr you lor. If too long, see anyway to alter shorter or not. One of my EG is also too long and the material too soft and I can walk nicely with that, so we request them to alter fr me but in the first place they say can't coz others brides will need to wear and aft alteration it won't be nice fr the rest...BUT the end they still do it fr me aft my MIL and me insist and try to talk to them nciely.. so maybe you can try?

Hi Kare,

so how you arrange them to walk in??? one gal with the boy and follow by the two little gals??

M

mrs

Hi Chicory!

MY Fh is also from TPJC. Wonder if the 2 of you knows each other . How young are you by the way?
happy.gif

jus

hi cookiecorgi,

yeap, normally they would need about 3 months to develop the pix
this would also give you more time for any rectification (of the photo album), if required

opting for an earlier first appointment may also permits you to have a wider choice of selection, provided the bridal shop are not bringing new designs/ gowns

no worries, no harm in taking a look first
at least you'll have a better idea of wat you want

hi 1027,
yeap, from what my designer told me
for mtm gowns, first fitting would not have any beadings on them
dun worry, u would look good... ; )

sweetie

Wen,
Wow! take so long to mtm... I met my designer last week and confirm the cuts and design roughly and she will do the design, mainly beading... I will be able to see it in May. What design are you having?

vin

HI Kare,

Fr the montage software, will check with my bf and let you know, he's the one who doing it with his friends.

cath

Hi blissz
Yes, please send me eric's pricelist. By the way, where is he from? I've gotten Fabian's quote but unfortunately, he is not available on my wedding date anymore.

My email: [email protected]

leo29

Meow,

Like that if wedding day guests sabo you and insist you to drink how?

Are,

Not try but will let natural take place lor. No Er Ren Shi Jie for us becos we have spent most of our wkend staying in our house now, 1 year plus already. Although, it’s less then 1 year if really count but I think should be enough lor. Somemore we have been together for more then 10 years, think back it should more then enough liao loh.

Yah, thinking of the expenses that we need to pay for giving birth make me sweat. Hahaha…., somemore I intend to have 3. My husband will struggle like hell next time.

Amore,

Orh, it’s you. Actually want to ask you when is your PS but now no need already.

Wen,

What I know is 2 locations.

are

wen... the stove & sink thingy is a 'fengshui' thing lah... if you dun believe, then its ok lor. we juz try to blend in watever we feel is 'reasonable', but dun dare to really look for 1, coz scared they say everything oso muz change! ;P

i think the additional PS on actual depends on when you start in the morning. the weddings i attended all mangaged to squeeze in some time. but juz tiring lor. i dun intend to do it coz i dun want to be too tired, i still got 2nd din the next day! ;P

kare2711

Hey Vin .. yah. One little girl with the little boy first (they're both the same age and younger than the other two), then followed by two girls and then my hubby and I.

And thanks for the montage s/w. But I think if your bf's friend is a professional, think it'll be an expensive piece of software
happy.gif

beanie

Hi Beibei,

Thanks, I will pop by this weekend. Yah, me also dun want to buy too much. as simple as possible, that's why i am asking around for tyhe core items.

Hi Sweets,

Your advise noted. I think I will put a stop to my hard liquor (ten bottles), purchase 30 bottles of red wine and 2 barrels 30l beer. my main concern is the beer cause if hard liquor and red wine left over, i can just bring home and give it as gift whenever there is a family or friend gathering. hee thanks for all your feedback.

Hi Abrinas,

I am sure you will have a good banquet cause the food from CC is really thumbs up. For 24 bottles of red wine, how many tables are you catering for? I had 30 tables and my hotel waive corkage for red wine 1 bottle to 1 table and that's why i am bringing exactly 30 bottles. how about your hotel?

I think my album will only be ready in May. BTW, did you bring your own camera during your photo shoot?

chicory

Hi Mrs Quake,

Can i check if the Citibank promotion with Andrew Choi is still going on? Is there any expiry date? Have you paid Andrew yet? I think it is definately more worthwhile to sign with Andrew Choi direct
happy.gif
cuz' it will cost $50 per extra 8R photograph if you engage him thru' Dang. Will you be buying the CD Rom with all the shots from him?

I am born in 1976. Your husband?

mint

Hi Wen,
My wedding was last year Nov and I only had my PS in Oct. The photographer managed to rush it our for me within two weeks. It was still done very well and not in slipshod manner. Don't worry about it. I'm sure they can do it for you.
happy.gif

Btw, if you dun mind me asking, which bridal boutique are you with?

M

mrs

Hi Chicory,

The promotion expires on 31 March 03. I paid him already. I think I'll definitely buy all my proofs on CD Rom from him cos I'm planning to develop more to frame up in my new house.

My FH is born in 1973. I guess you won't know him then.

tingting

Hi Chicory,

yup, Le Galleria is more expensive than Dang, but their embroidery is more detailed and uses more colours, from what i can see OTR.

I'm thinking of visiting the photographers as Mrs Quake did, maybe i can then make up my mind. My wedding's on 13 Dec. Think we got to decide soon cos there'll be many Dec brides.

Mrs Quake,

thanks for the explanation. I'll see if it's more worthwhile to get separate photographers.

priviledged

Hi all, 19th March sounds good. Same place, same time as before?
Hope everyone is able to make it this time.

Yesterday I went for my first fitting. *sob* *sob*. I think my arms look so FAT in my wedding gown!! At one angle, the photo I took made me look fat. At another, it looked really lovely. Don't know what to do. The evening gown had a beautiful kebaya, so that made up for my disappointment in myself. Anybody know how to post photos here?

Think I need to get used to seeing myself with fat arms. I never wear sleeveless tops or even cap sleeves to go out cos I know my arms always look fat in them, so perhaps that's why.

Hope I don't regret choosing that design, but I did not have much choice cos my church and my Fiance's church are VERY conservative and exposed shoulders are an absolute no-no.

vio

hi cath,

seems tt our date 12 oct a popular day!! a few photographers i've asked earlier were confirmed & booked too. I've confirmed Jayce Goh fr Jayce Photography
happy.gif

abrinas

Hi beanie, me have to cut down on my tables cos now having ard 32 tables n CC can only cater to max of 30. Me trying to cut down to 28 only otherwise i scared very cram. Me only up for 24 bottles cos i intend to use everything n dont want to bring anything back so want to make sure all use up
happy.gif
is 24 too little? Me still deciding.

i did bring my camera but guess what?? both of us too excited during PS to remember to take photos of both of us n tt's why, no photos to show u all!!
lol.gif

Hi priviledged, me too have hv cap sleeves but I can't describe cos don't know how to. Don't be sad ok cos me also got fat fat arms 2. *hugz* In addition, me plump plump all ard. U can't possible hv figure like mine rite? My photo angles also some look nice but some look fat. Don't worry so much, must mei mei ok??
wink.gif

Think u can go to yahoo photos to post the photos if u hv a yahoo account. try www.photos.yahoo.com - think most of the girls use this one.

are

leo29... i lagi worse... i want to hv 5!!! hahahaha!!! hubby always in cold sweat whenever i mention tis!!!
rofl.gif

meow... i think esplanade can lah, furthermore can reserve place. we juz confirm as tat venue first lor. ;P

M

mrs

Hi Chicory,

I went to LG too. Was impressed by the detailed embroidery and beadings but the price is really too high. Figured that the money can be better spent on photos which will capture our happiest moments.

Tingting,
If you have the SB card, perhaps you can check out those photgraphers that are offering cardholders special rates as well.