(2003) Brides of year 2003

pausini

Vin: my FH is just not sporty and shy. What to do. I chose my own groom right! I just mention to my FH where shld we get the MC. He suggested his cousin who is a lawyer. Well, it is ok for me but dun forsee it to be fun. So i suggested my colleague. This colleague better and experience MC, furthermore he is very brotherly to me, so may considered to ask him to help.

May: i have tried sending to ur office acct till now no msg saying ur mail box is full. u wanna check again? oh today 2nd fitting. Happy trying.. u bring ur shoe? when is ur PS?

Jan: dun let other bully u becos u are alone. btw, how bitchy is ur SIL. i didnt follow the previous posting u said abt ur SIL. Is it really that bad? Dun worry, wait till ur FH back from oversea and both of u can plan to move out.

shook: i have a friend, not Jas77 is also white link bride. Her wedding is over and she wore a red mermaid dress and look great on her. She is very small size.

vin

Hi Pausini,

Is ur Fh cousin who he suggested to be your MC is sporty or those serious type...
happy.gif

And for Jan case, once you move in, is a bit difficult to move out from IL house....
sad.gif

jus

Hi vio,

ok... will send my details to you later...
really? din know that flamingo got sales
but, must control oledi
buget burst like siao. hee hee

hi 1027,
no lar, not all small size
they would do the alteration as well
now i have 5 dresses... (i wedding gown, 2 evening gowns, 1 solemnisation dress and 1 for photoshoot
that's why must really control myself ; )
even my photographer was complaining to my FH
hee hee

hi HF,
yeap my designer has also requested that i bring along my shoes, so they can 'cut' to the correct length

tea dress/ gowns for photoshoot -- actually you can get them from bridal shops (2nd hand ones)
i got mine from the wedding fair
but must negotiate (can costs up to >600 for newer gowns)

cheers

jus: wow! 5 dresses is ALOT !!! are you going to wear them all on the actual day?
how to change into 5 dresses during the banquet?

abrinas

Hi sweets

I like ice cream 2, can nvr resist them.
lol.gif
but I don't like durian flavour.

Hi pucca

No lah, my FH cantonese. They say bananas (my FMIL insist must be very green ones). In cantonese, it means gather children. Quite funny hor?
lol.gif

Hi totoro

I just want to add - please bring mirror also. sometimes strong wind can mess up hair or if u want to blot yrself, at least can see. Make-up person not going with u o/door. Me also try not to drink too much water cos very difficult if want to go toilet.
happy.gif
Me eat mints instead.

Me seeing my albums next month. very excited.
happy.gif

jus

hi 1027,

no-lar
not wearing all on the actual day
i'll be holding 2 other dinners in malaysia
hence, bought one more evening gown
the other gown is solely for photoshoot purposes
(to dip into the sea etc)
dun dare to use actual gown -- dun want to spoil it

cheers

totoro

My trial make up this Sat,
u gals know whats going to happen?

i like my hair to be bun up but maybe not suitable leh..so how??
i can be quite indecisive at times, then later i will regret..sigh..

pucca

abrinas,
i c ... my FH oso cantonese ... so far hv not heard abt this banana thingy yet .. will know this saturday ... :p
so fast ur album is ready ah ?

totoro,
i oso hv no idea of wat trial makeup is about .. i tot its juz to let u see how ur makeup will be on tt day ... it will also include hairstyle as well ?? oh my, must start thinking abt it oso .. although when is mine ... hee ... must ask my co-ordinator regarding this.

pucca

i mean although i dunno when is my trail makeup .. hee

totoro,
me same u ... now i may like my hair to be bun up .. but after tt .. i like to hv it down instead .. very indecisive .. sometimes i ask hubby to giv his opinion ... :p

beibei

pucca,
??? how come u never had your trial makeup when u go for your gown selection?I tot this shd be the way??

totoro,
trial makeup will let u see the skills of your makeup artist..see how she can bring out your features...normally trial makeup never tie up hair one leh...think there will be extra charges...

may

Pauisini: No i did not receive the email. Chances are it must have not got thru. So sad...thanks for your effort.

Yes, i bought my shoes - i only forget my camera!!! So scare that the gowns are still tight! Sigh...suppose to detox but in the end was hungry so i ate. I m going to be in trouble ... sure kanna nag by the designer.

Vin: in event mangement not boring meh? Well, betw me and hubby, i am more of a detailed and planning person. Actually, i was telling him i am so familiar with hotel setup that i want to go down supervise. But cannot leh...hotel only setup dinner at 6 pm and this is time i suppose to b prettily made up. Anyway, i tot abt it, i shld be relax so better not bother by all these and b kan cheong. Me hubby very last min - sometimes i cant stand. But it is him loh and i got to admit i quite paranoid. It looks like i also got to put together the montage last min - by the rate i am going.

abrinas

Hi pucca
Anyway, FMIL ask for them so just give lor. Actually, FMIL is hokkien, FFIL is cantonese. So I was thinking maybe she integrate hokkien into cantonese lor.
lol.gif

I agree with beibei. Normally during gown selection. Think it's the 2nd appt tt I had it. Does not include hair for mine. My make-up lady b4 make up ask me what I don't like n then give me some comments. after she finish, she will ask me n FH if like it or not. If not, why, how can we improve etc. After that, she just ask me to let down my hair, see see look look liao tell me my hair 2 much, ask me to thin it otherwise will be difficult for her to tie n a burden to me. Tt's all.

abrinas

Anyway, don't worry abt the hair. She will c what u like. maybe she can bun up for one shoot, n let down for another shoot. if yr hair's short, no worries. think they use fake additions.

abrinas

pucca, cos I finish my PS in jan liao, ard same time as pooh n beibei just tt beibei has to fix outdoor for another day cos raining. If you count from jan hor, very long liao le.

tingting

Hi Mrs quake, saw ur comment in a thread about actual day photographer by the name of Sok Eng? I'm also looking for one. Can let me know more about Sok Eng? Thanks!

pucca

beibei n abrinas,
i did asked abt the trail makeup b4 oso .. but coordinator told me its trail for actual day lor .. so i did not hv any prior ps

pucca

just like to find out something from u gals,

where did u all go for mani + pedi huh? any recommendations for cheap n gd places ??? ... heh~

cookiecorgi

Hi Vio, thanks for organising the meetup! 18th March... should be fine... but i guess I will be joining you gals later again. Got another course to attend on Tues... But if you gals are at Bugis, should be no prob for me.. cos my office is at Raffles place... very near...

actually i have been really slack,... havent done anything since our last meetup... cham!!

I also went to the bridal sale... but i didnt find anything to buy... JUS: which bridal shop did you buy your gowns from?? 2 for $330 is really cheap!! Good Deal!!

piper

hi all,

think u all sourcing for actual day photographer now...

how abt benny ang. think he's the best after viewing a few photographers.

meow

22/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Besse, Are, Yve
28/03(eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are, Leo29, twinklets, Feb, Jing jing
29/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are
Not attending - Wen, Sunnyling, Clyne

Venue: Esplanade? Any more suggestions?

Jing, how was your ROM? Any funny part?

leafy

If u can't find the white tie elsewhere and if the tie is for PS only, can get it fr Isrida. (spell?) I also saw a nice flowery(embossed) cream color one at Daiso.
happy.gif

pausini

vin: I also dun know. So i prefer someone i know.

May: sorry, it didnt get thru. I will try again next week cos i will be on leave tm to prepare myself for PS.

so see u ladies on MOnday.

beanie

Hi all,

I will be having my PS next Friday, now very excited liao.

Abrinas, I will be going to Sporttiswood Park too. Any good spots to recommend?

Anyone has a list of the GDL thingy? Me really dun know what to get.

Also, how much beer do you think we have to set aside for like 30 tables? I am thinking of getting my own beer from APB, so need to gauge how much to order. This can be a saving. What do you girls say?

How about wine leh, any idea how many bottles?

I had ten bottles of hard liquor to cater for 30 tables. Any comment if is enuf?

I think I will be the earliest in this thread cause mine is in May (push forward from June to May). So I am really starting to feel the pressure liaoz.

taddess

Hi all,

Beanie
Where is Sporttiswood Park? What sort of environment is that? Greenery? I will be going for my outdoor this Saturday...really excited! But still haven't really decided where to go as of yet...Most probably labordor park and fullerton walk...std places anywhere more interesting?

Anyway gals guess what, suddenly I realised that there are so many things i have not yet done and I nearly had an anxiety attack...Have all of you determined your guest list and seating arrangements and actual day programme with the song list yet? I have not done a single thing even the honeymoon thingy...

HOW???

ooh! Thanks leafy!
Which Isrida outlet did you see it?
the one at The Arcade doesn't have a large range of ties leh...

maya

Hi ladies, I went down to Golden Dragon last nite to search for the materials for wrist corsage. Good & Bad news.

Good - it's a shop that sells all sorts of sewing stuff, and handicraft wk too. And it's quite comprehensive. Quite a large array of things to select. Ribbons, cloth, beads, stones, sequinns, appliquae (I think wrong spelling), threads..... You're only limited by your imagination and skill. Quite cheap too.

Bad - it's s Chinese shop and a lot of stuff seems to be made in China. May look a bit cheena. The flowers I found seem to be more for mini vase deco. It comes with wires. But I saw some cloth flowers in the display which I think you can buy and sew.

I bought some flowers, ribbon, leaves to experiment sewing a corsage. Cost me abt $7 and I think can easily make 2 corsages (I chose small dainty flowers to bunch together).

It's worth going down to see if you can find anything for yoruself to DIY the corsage. It's located in People's Park, 2nd flr corner, There's a bridge that links CHinatown Pt to PP. The bridge end of PP leads almost right to their shop side entrance.

vio

hey gals...

thks for ur respond to e gathering. guess wat? it's going to b a big crowd tis time - 10 of us!!!

Is Sketches @ Bugis ok for all? If not we can hv it at more centralise place - Cafe Cartel @ Raffles City (City Hall), but no reservation of table lor
sad.gif

jus

hi cookiecorgi,

i bought the evening gown from J&M and the photoshoot gown from christian creation

yeap, i must say it's pretty cheap!!!
but the gowns are all second hand
moreover overspent oledi. hee
i supposed can negotiate for lower price since i bought it on the second day (but of course, less selection!!!)
one of my friends bought a white gown for $300+ on the first day!!!

my photographer actually provide a two piece gown for photo shoot
bought a one piece gown for more variety (very wasteful!!! jialak!)

leo29

Wen,

Me also same headache as you. Don’t know should I make the tea dress or rent the kua. Although I don’t have to pay a single cent(Include in my package) if I want to rent from H.O.E. but just find that if I make the tea dress at least I can have it. Most probably I will make a decision when I meet up my designer to see what type of tea dress he can design for me. If very simple then I go for Kua.

Meow,

This time seem to have more ppl attending the gathering. Hope this time attendane will be better then last time.

I have confirmed my photoshoot on July 23. 4 more mths to go. Have to take care of myself from now on by going facial, control diet, sleep early.... hahaha so many things... so fussy hor.

Who is the one that signed up with Andrew Tay PS? When is your PS? Pai seh lah, too lazy to check back previous posting. Think of it can make me giddy also.

H

hf

Vio

Bugis / City Hall will be fine with me. Is Sketches at Bugis Junction?

Poki

ok, maybe i will wait for a while more before i call her. hee hee to anxious to see the gown. btw when is your photoshoot? mine in July.. seem like quite of no. of them have went for their first fitting already.

Jus

woh, you have brought 5 gown, mi only EG and WG..

jus

hi HF

ya-lor...
FH complaining oledi...
but, i'll be hoiding 2 more dinner in Malaysia
that's why tot of getting an extra evening gown

despite it being such a good buy
must say that too much oledi

one of my friend mentioned that i most probably do not have enough time to change (for the dinner)
the most ideal one would be only one change (so that would have enough time)
so dun worry... ; )

erin

hi,

will it be too late if i start sourcing for actual dat photographers in May?

Deadlines for assignments approaching. After that, it's the DREADFUL exams. No time to meet up with photographers.

M

mrs

Hi Girls!

It was fun shopping at Arab Street. It was my first time at Arab street and I really enjoyed looking at the different types of fabrics. I didn't take long to find what I want. Bought Thai silk for both my EG and Teadress.

Tingting: Sok Eng is 28 year old but she looks younger than that. She's currently studying her MBA and photography was actually a hobby that started when she was young. She does a mixture of journalistic and traditional shots. She uses digital cam and able to provide both black and white or color photos. You can find her website under the list of photographers - berry happy. HP no. is 96881631

Tell us about your 2nd visit to Dang. Let me know if you are going to be a Dang bride too.
happy.gif

Roro: It's never too late to start.

Piper: Benny's charges is about $1700 which is beyond my budget. Andrew Choi charges $1800 for those who signed up for the studio/ Outdoor with him.

Erin: If you can, why not try and settle the photographer soon, cos one photographer can only do one wedding a day and so, you may not get the one you want if you start only in May.

priscilla

Meow,
the topic is about customary wedding got afew dialects custom in this topic. So may be can help me find if not I try to contact my friend to ask around those living around Jurong west.

Wen,
then thats tooo bad but never mind we will snap some photos for all who cannot attend to see lor...

D

dk

Wen,
Have an appointment with Divine Coulture tommorrow......
Cos i tried a lowback gown at Le Galleria yesterday, my FH find it not to bad afterall.
Hee...i always tot i too "Bah Bah" to look gd in those gowns).
Heard Divine are well-known for their sexy low-back gown...hopefully i might find something there...

Btw Wen,
Me same as U....still searching for a bridal ...Have U shortlisted some already?
Good luck & happy searching lor...

D

dk

Leo29,
All the best to U lor...oh yah a fren say try to eat some Birdnest too....good for skin..

beanie

Hi taddess,

Sporttiswood Park is very near to SGH. Well, it features old shop houses, swings, railway track. To me, a bit penarakan feel.

My wedding date is in May and I have not done any of your list too. So I must be even more gan cheong than you. I am working on it after my photo shoot and hopefully will get it done before April comes. BTW, will be going for my food tasting in two weeks time. Anyone had their food tasting liao? I will be getting my invitation card on that day too. Anyone have printer to recommend?

snoopy

Hi gals,

According to one of the planners, dinner details should be worked out starting from about 3 months before the day, which is late May to early June. Other than the invitation cards (if to be distributed before lunar 7th month), I guess we are all on track.

Bortei Khan, are you asking where I'll be honeymooning or where I'll be before the wedding? If it's the former...my hubby is too busy for it
sad.gif
. If it's the latter... I'm actually in UK now and will return in early June.

Hey, there are 4 31/08 brides now!!!

Hi whitefloral! Who did you liaise with from Traders? How's things progressing on your side?

snoopy

Y

yi

hi flowee, wenn, leafy, elaine and jady,

nice meeting all of u last night!
guess we talk so much that the boss keeps staring at us hinting when is this grp of gals leaving hah, if not they can't pack up and go home! hehe
now, we finally know who we are chatting wif liao.

hi wenn,

finally get to see each other in person.
hope i din disappoint you! hehehe
happy.gif

hi elaine,

ur wedding coming soon hor?
must be real excited!
saw the cover photo liao, very nice!
happy.gif

any other fotos to show me?

shanice

Hi pucca

Jus a suggestion n personal preference.. i usually go manicure n pedicure at hollywood secrets at paragon branch.. they have other branches too... scotts and international building i think... not bad.. mani + pedi = $30, French manicure i think cost a few more dollars... not sure.

wah i think i'm the most relaxed one here cos i dun have wedding dinner! heheehehe... hey anyone interested in meeting up for dinner/drinks? an outing for june brides? drop me an email (hp numbers, name) if interested.
happy.gif
thanks!

Shanice
happy.gif

D

dk

Wen,
U were asking where else will i be going..Bridal U mean?

Bridals i visited
1)Silhoutte
2)Emanuel B
3)Bridal Veil (visted last year - a fren use them)
5)Julia
6)Milan (visted last year)
7)J&C
8)Dang
9)Flamingo (my brother use for wedding in May03)
10) Le Galleria

Going / Still want to visit:
1) Divine Coulture
2) Leezen
3) Ted
4) Kelvin Seah
5) Frederick Lee

Photographers visited:-
1) Memphis (nice work but very very ex).

Do drop me an email : [email protected] if U would like some feedback..i will be happy to share..

Cheers!