(2003) Brides of year 2003

shanice

Hiyoh!

It's moi again!
happy.gif

Just wanna share with u gals some pics of me in various wedding gowns... out of those selected some liao! my package from johor, total can choose 10 outfits!
happy.gif
so do check out the pics by clicking on the url link below, then click on the small pics/thumbnails to enlarge them, to c clearly.

And do drop me ur comments! like which gown u think is the nicest etc....

http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/html/publicBrowse.php3?id=3e63920b667b3

Shanice
happy.gif

snoopy

Hi Seiko
happy.gif
, Bortei Khan
happy.gif
, Lilac
happy.gif

Yup, all my preparations are halted now. We’ll have to continue on the double when we return, bo pian. Luckily we managed to settle some of the stuff before leaving else will garung garbo later
crazy.gif

31/08 is popular probably because it’s the 1st weekend immediately after the lunar 7th month. Heard that the Saturday is not good so that leaves the Sunday up for grabs.

Hey Lilac, realized your big day is immediately after the 7th month...1st day of 8th month! You’re 3 days ahead of us. How’s your preparations? Where will you be hosting your banquet?

snoopy

shook

Hihi May
Wow u travel a lot for bz. Wat is your profession?
I oso wanted to have 2 full ht mirrors but quite x. My hubby said do away wif the one in the dinning area. We get fm Ikea 4 the one in the master bedrm.

Hihi Sue
Initially I thot of getting 6 ah yi. But my hubby can't find so many brothers. So I reduce to 4 to match wif his no of brothers.

meow

Besse,
Thanks for the info. Will go take a look sometimes. My camp is a joint force, thou its a army camp. Estab for AF too high, so they want us to convert to Army. Never been to Airbase. Which airbase your hubby work? I suppose his rank is LTA? His post? PC or CO?

leafy

hi flo
happy.gif

hi yi
happy.gif

hi kk
happy.gif

hi wenn
happy.gif

hi jady
happy.gif

yi,
do u have actual day photos to share here?
Now I'm at the stage of confirming photographer n videographer...then confirm actual day custom and activities then can start to study for HM location!
proud.gif

wen

Hi Besse,
I can understand how u feel. When I need a change of date n Thomas told me that it has been taken up, my heart sunk. Luckily he checked with the other couple and they are willing to let go, i am so happy.

Read from the Fullerton forum that Elizabeth is very nice and helpful. Lucky u. If only can change, I also want Elizabeth.

Priscilla,
Don't worry. I am sure you will find someone who is willing to take over. What about posting a message in Year 2004 bride forum?

Meow & everyone,
Can only make it on 29/3.

beibei

Priviledged,
Really envy you!!dun have Guo Da Li and all these traditional things!!actually my parents and PILs quite open minded and they want to keep our traditional things as simple as possible.However i have got this aunt who is helping us ask us to buy this and that...we already told her we want to keep to the minimal..
sad.gif

shanice,
I tried organise one on 21/2 but last min a lot can't make it so we postponed.u want to organise one asap?I am afraid once nearer to June we may not have the time to meet!

jady

hi gals,

i'm here! i'm here! :p

7.30pm ah...hmm..wonder wat shd i do between 5.30 to 7.30pm leh cos i dont like to shop one?..:p

so now 5 of us lah! great!

J

jingle bell

Hi Vio,

I can't join again this time. Outstationed till 19/3. You all enjoy....
happy.gif

vin

HI Gals,

FYI if you all want to choose flower for your flower wrist corsage :-

Flowers and Their Meanings
Alyssum - Worth beyond beauty
Lily-of-the-Valley - Happiness
Amaryllis - Beauty
Lotus - Purity of Heart
Aster - Sentiments
Magnolia - Love of Nature
Azalea - Temperance
Mimosa - Secret Love
Bluebell - Constancy
Mint - Wisdom
Camellia - Perfection
Myrtle - Promise
Cherry Blossom - Friendliness
Pansy - Remembrance
Chrysanthemum - Longevity
Plum - Friendship
Daffodil - Regard
Poppy - Consolation
Daisy - Innocence
Primrose - Youth
Forget-Me-Not - True Love
Red Rose - Love
Gardenia - Femininity
White Rose - Worthiness
Gillyflower - Bonds of Affection
Yellow Rose - Friendship
Heather - Solitude
Sweet Pea - Departure
Honeysuckle - Generosity
Sweet William - Gallantry
Hyacinth - Peace of Mind
Tuberose - Pleasure
Ivy - Fidelity T
ulip - Fame
Jasmine - Elegance, Amiability
Red Tulip - Declaration of Love
Lilac - First Love
Violets - Modesty
Lilies - Purity

naturally

Mrs Quake,
Wah, u found yourself a man with no temper... well done!
biggrin.gif
So u'll only be back 1 week before your wedding? Don't worry abt last min prep work, just delegate to your hubby or jie-mei!
happy.gif

Piper,
oh, milan needs to send photos to taiwan first... hmm, but it should be fine, cos Aug is typically low peak season due to lunar 7th mth, so they ought to be able to process fast!
happy.gif
Thanks for asking, i've more or less settled everything, now just waiting for the big day lor... oh, and we're planning to check out ID firms soon, our new flat shd be ready next quarter. Will u be moving into your hubby's house after marriage? Just kpo, cos u mentioned need to refurnish his room...
happy.gif

yvonne

hi Priviledged,
so u are Peranakan too.. me too!!
will u be making the sarong Kebaya ??

i have made a sarong Kebaya and a pair of beaded slippers for my wedding..
i will be wearing the kebaya for tea ceremony and the beaded slippers for the whole of my wedding - photography + rom + actual wedding day
happy.gif

M

mrs

Hi Naturally,

It's truly my fortune to find a man like him. I guess, other than him, no other man can stand my hot temper. Ever heard of opposite attracts? We are one case like that in every aspect, including physically.

I think I'll do what you say, delegate evrything to hubby and jie-meis. But at the moment, I only have my own 2 sisters and my best friends that I can count on. I guess, I have to see again when the time comes.

Dang hasn't call me yet. I probably will call her if I don't hear from her at the end of the week. Let you know more when I come back from shopping.

may

Pausini: i am in the pte sector unfortunately. SigH... Getting very busy now...as usual must do mountain and sea loads of work...got a temp to help me but still i must plan ahead so it is very tedious.

Dont feel that my hse look spacious with the mirror leh. Perhaps my wardrobe area and master toilet. When u see the photos u will understand.

Last nite, i finally stuck the rows of crystals on my eveing shoes. All went well. I stuck two rows of crystals...so now shoes look very glam and shiny...so happy and proud of myself. Told hubby i saved hime more than S$ 100 bucks by diy..
Shook: i am in the event management line. Tat why i got to travel when i have events overseas. Agree mirror is exp. We wanted to buy a mirror to put at the wall facing the entrance from Ikea. But after the cleaning saga last week, i think we got enuf mirrors. A mirror at the dining area means you double your food which is good fengshui..something like that...read it somewhere...

are

hi morning all... i can make it to all the 3 dates, nothing planned at the moment.

meow... i'm oso on wood theme like you, but hubby and i really like the couch so much, we hv decided to juz get it and hope it doesn't look too bad! ;P anyway, still looking, coz hse not ready, we dun want to buy anymore furniture.

lilac

Hi Snoopy,

yup my big date is the first day of the lunar eight month. 31st Aug was my first choice but it was taken up and the ShiFu picked this date as a 2nd choice for me.

I have just confirmed my gown design and photoshoot will be on 13 May. Banquet will be at Marriott Hotel.

leo29

Priscilla,

Yah, it’s House of Etiquette. If I don’t want my MTM tea dress, I can exchange for rental of Kua.

Meow,

I prefer 28/3 but if majority can make on the other 2 days, I will try to arrange.

Besse,

It’s located at 177 River Valley Road #02-21 Liang Court.. Please call Jit(Boss cum designer) at 63399439 to book for appointment. Must book appt hor becos most of the time he is not in the shop.

beibei

Shanice,
I like the gown with cancan!!!cos mine has cancan too!and i really envy your determination in losing so much weight!
happy.gif

snoopy

Hi Lilac,

You're lucky to have several choices. I'm stuck with one and only one date. My parents also consulted someone for an auspicious date. On top of that, it's got to be a weekend and most importantly, my hubby and I must be around lah. With all these in mind, we die die also must have the wedding on this day lor...

snoopy

J

jan2003

Hello all,

Vin: That is an impressive list of meanings for flowers. Have printed it out immediately for safekeeping. thanks!

May: yes, you are right. i read that amount mirror too but mirror i read cannot face you when you sleep. cannot remember why lah but also something to do with feng sui. i bought my mirror from ikea. cheapest already. only have one mirror because all the available walls taken up to put furniture. hahaha! envy you, got own toilet. me have to use the common one. expecting to queue up in the morning when everyone is rushing for work unless i wake up extra early but my future FIL wakes up at 6am everyday including sundays! don't think i can beat that time! hahaha!

Shook: just want to check, is there any rule to have even number for ah yi and brothers?

oso32: i haven't booked but there are a few names in mine but none are thai. though to cater thai eventhough i would love too because got alot of elderly they cannot take spicy food so i most likely going for chinese caterer eg Glory.

Sue: yah, know what vin means. hmm... still got time to practice if you really keen to do it yourself. if not, then engage one, i am sure you can get one but got to start looking early.

Y

yi

hi leafy,

I have not scan my actual day pics yet coz alot leh! Gotta to wait for awhile first lor.
happy.gif

hi flowee,

I sms u again on whether I will be meeting u at JE MRT or not, okay?
happy.gif

so glad that wenn is joining us too!
happy.gif

See all of you tomorrow.
happy.gif

pausini

Hi Everyone.

May: sorry, i misread ur msg. event planner, sound interesting. I was in IT sector, for the MINDEF. However, doing project mgt.
Your shoe shld look great. Do remember to take a picture of ur shoe too. How many are u making? only for WG? how abt EG?

Hi girls do u get another shoe for ur EG?

maya: oh u civil servant too? but i dun consider myself civil servant. i was in the stat board doing govt project. Sometime can be very confuse, it was like half govt operated but not really govt but our bonus does affected by the govt announced bonus for civil servant. meaning if u got bonus, we also have lor but based on performance.

kare: thanks! going to do more.

sue: u have alot of big dates! going to be busy.

Shook: i only have 4 Ah Yee and my FH got 8 brothers. Not necessary to have the same numbers of Ah Yee and Brothers. I think is really depend whether u have enough cars to bring the Ah Yee and Brothers ard. For my FH, he got no choice, have to call his cousin but cousin no car so he have to call friends to help cos they got transport. well, main reason is my Ah yee got no transport.

oso32: same here interested on the thai buffet someone mention.

for the mirror, i got the 4 in one pack mirror at my dining area. My FIL help us to fix it to the wall. these mirror is very thin, so if u DIY, better to get extra cos they chip off easily during the fixing. we bought two packs, placed 6 up the wall and chip two during the installation.

another update, i went for my PS fitting yesterday. i change one gown, the halter neck one. cos designer shown me another one which my mum said i look even nicer with that and the gown fit well on me. Luckily my mum accoy me for the fitting. She was able to spot the area that they didnt do a good alteration. She even suggest where to alter. So pai seh!
Btw, can u all chose ur own flowers for PS? I cant! they only allow me to chose my colour. So i choose yellow and i want bright yellow. hee hee...

priviledged

Yvonne, so exciting!! Where did you make your kebaya and shoes?
Actually I wanted to make one. My mum has this kebaya tailor from KL. But in the end, she took so long to confirm with me that we went ahead and booked the package from Silhouette, so I'm not having an authentic kebaya. Also, I felt that the authentic kebaya is very 'susa' to put on, especially the sarong. And half my relatives will probably turn up in their finest kebayas too so I wanted to be different.
Silhouette is making me a kebaya to wear over my evening gown.

I didn't want to spend so much on shoes, but I have two pairs of beaded shoes, one I'm saving for the wedding, has a 2-inch heel.

seiko

Hi Ladies
happy.gif

wow, looks like most of u gals r having yr PS way ahead of mine... aiyoh, now a lil worried cos
i wonder if the bridal studio is able 2 get the pix ready 4 me in time leh? cos of work, im only able 2 make it in June... hence 5/6.

looks like most of the major preparations r outta da way already... Phew!
oh no! i juz remembered ! got that Guo Da Li thing rite?

tingting

Hi everyone,

me just realised what a blur sotong i've been. Remember i was telling u gals i was waiting to see a bridal exhibition in Apr before deciding on a bridal shop? Just found out that i've been looking at the wrong list of participating boutiques, and the ones which i'm interested in are actually not taking part in the exhibition. Guess now got to go shop around and make a decision, hopefully by end march, so i can settle this.

wonder if Dang will be flexible in exchanging a tea-dress for a price discount?
biggrin.gif

mrs quake, congrats on you finding such a good partner in life!
happy.gif

vin

HI Pausini,

Not necessary to hv same number of Ah Yee vs Brothers.

My PS flower is artificial flowers. And I can choose what flower I want and what colour I like.

And I prepared diff shoes for diff. gowns on my wedding days. But you can share the same pair of shoes if your gowns can match with the shoes.

Hi Shook,
Hv you received the link I sent to you??

HI Gals,

Are you all going to prepare any roses petals fr your friends fr them to shower you with the petals when you walk by them along the aisle in your wedding dinner??? Or you got flower gal to do so???

M

mrs

Hi tingting,

Thanks for yourwell wishes.

I did ask Dang if she could substitute the tea dress for a discount. She quoted $100 discount. In the end, I took the teadress.

rinoa

Hi everyone...

woah...so much progress...good to know.
agreed that we shd find the actual day photographers...cos if we want good ones, there can onlie be one day for our wedding, unlike ps whereby dates can be arranged.

in fact i have checked out 2 actual day photographers and all cant make it on my day...feel really demoralise cos i like their work. anyone know of good photographer whose forte is in b/w journalistic pics??
would appreciate if you pple can give me some tips here.

i have not even fixed my bridal package...just more anxious abt photographer for my actual day.
but i am leaning towards bridal veil....hope i make the right choice.
happy.gif

meow

22/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Besse, Are
28/03(eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are, Leo29
29/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Wen, Are

Are,
Yeah i agree, i bought my fridge, now still in the warehouse. Must wait till everything okay then can send over.

hi ladies

I'm going for my trial make-up and first fitting this Sunday. Anybody here knows what we're supposed to look out for? I know i'm supposed to bring my shoes along (for the designer to get the length right), but what else?

BTW, any ladies here seen any white ties on sale at boutiques / departmental stores?

lilac

Hi Snoopy,

wah!! good for you, at least you can break from the wedding preparations for a while and come back fresh for the wedding!!

For the rest of us, guess from June onwards, it will be the busiest time........

Due to my date, I have to do the Guo Da Li before the Lunar Seven month, so about a month before my big day.

may

Just called Amara Hotel abt wedding cards. Apparently, i do not need to collect the wedding acards if i am using the printer that they recommend. So i am calling to find out the quote for printing. Anyway, i just wait for the coordinator to mail me the sample wedding cards first.

Jan: Will ur FH be still overseas after wedding? If yes, r u going to stay at your IL place or yr mom's place? Q to use common bathroom is ok, as long as the family have clean habits. Heard complains abt not flushing toilets after use...oops...do not mean to offend anyone...

Pausini: i can imagine how pai seh u r...but think on the bright side, they will alter your gowns well. I add on the crystals for both evening and day shoes.

So r u getting fresh flowers for ps? I dunno abt mine - but the last time the bridal told me i need to do homework for flowers and much depends on the season. i will check with them tomw again.

are

meow... u oni got fridge, we've got washer, hob+cooker+oven, dinning set, coffee+side tables, kitchen accessories, all stored in warehouses!!! hahahaha... buying furniture is so fun, & we sometimes hv to remind ourselves tat we've got no place to store!!! hahaha... so now, we resort to not looking at all. but sometimes got sale can't really help it! ;P

so how's your reno going? chosen your tiles yet? we are still stuck with kitchen design, but will most prob use granite top.

pausini

vin: i intend to get the bubbles gun, get the small kids to do it else those sitting along the aisle. bubbles dun need clean up.

shirlynn

Hello everyone,

I got to know one shop at Toa Payoh whose electrical appliances are quite cheap especially if you compare to those big stores like Safe / Eletricity ....

Let me know if you are getting ...

are

shirlynn... really? is it called da xing? tats the oni shop i noe in TPY tat sells cheaper things. another shop is near lavender.

pam

Hi Rinoa,
Have u visited Bridal Veil? I am also considering signing up with them but not so soon most prob in early April. If they can accomodate another bride on that day otherwise I will settle for Ivory Aisle.
Since we are having our wedding on the same day, and I checked with Colin, according to him he already has another bride on the same day so I think he can only take up to 3 brides on the same day. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

peabrain72

oso32... it's me... posted the caterer, Creative Eateries. Tried them on a few occassion, food is yummy
biggrin.gif

Not to worry about food being spicy cos there's a variety to choose from. Give Pei Pei a call, 90079632, say you're recommended by Serene's cousin
wink.gif
Might be able to work out something for you.

yvonne

there's this shop in siglap centre that tailor-make kebayas.. he actually has workers in melaka to sew them.. my granny used to make very nice kebayas too.. too bad.. she is too old to make one for me
sad.gif
otherwise it would be nice to wear one made by my granny on my wedding ..

i also got my shoes made in another shop in Siglap centre.. he also actually have workers in melaka to make them..
i dun have any kebaya or beaded shoes.. although my mum have dozens..
it will be my first time wearing those nonya costumes on my wedding day
happy.gif

my beaded shoes will be white based in color.. with some pinkish and bluish flowers
happy.gif

will be collecting them soon for my photoshoot
happy.gif

icemilo

Hey Yi,

My lovenest is at PG21. Must agree that nowadays the size of flats are getting smaller and smaller, but then, the prices are getting higher and higher. Sighz.
sad.gif

Me too, had hacked my room, so that it can be bigger. But then, I rebuild another wall, so that I can still have 3 rooms and in then end, my master room gets bigger. Haha.

shook

Hihi Vin
I received the link. thx
Wow u know a lot abt flowers. I can't tell wat r most of the flowers in your list.
My hubby's niece n nephew wanna b our flower girl n page boy. Haven't decide wat to do wif them.

Hihi May
My aunt also event planner. She travels a lot too. So my grandma tag along n gets free accomodation.
Your hubby really shld thank u for saving $ on the shoes. Shoes wif crystal more x.
Carlton oso told my hubby they will send cards to the printer but I m printing the inserts n paste on the card myself. Gotta save $
Will feedback to my hubby mirror in the dinning area is gd fengshui

Hihi Jan
There is no rule on matching no of brothers n ah yi. Juz my personal preference.
How many toilet r there in your IL's hse?

Hihi oso32
I have not work on the caterer yet.

Hihi Pausini
Where u got your mirrors? The ones fm Ikea v thick leh.
I was not given the choice of bouquet 4 ps.
I got separate pair of shoes 4 WG n EG. The pair for EG, I wore during my ROM.

vin

Hi Shook,

Me dunno anything abt the flower. Just know a bit of them only. I got the list from internet....
happy.gif

And my bg will only gv me roses and tulips. And he like white colour a lotz. And our wedding dinner is all white which no much ppl like to choose.

You got flower gal and page boy.. nice. I've as well on my wedding day.

Notice you hv Daniel as your MC huh....
happy.gif
same same

pausini

Shook: which one u refering? the DIY one or those already with frame. i refer to those DIY where u need a small node to hold the mirror between mirror.

shook

Hihi vin
Wat task did u assign to your flower gal n page boy?
I thot of asking my hubby's niece n nephew to march in b4 me n my hubby wif both of them wearing adult's shoes. Like playing bride n groom. My hubby said they won't dare to do it. Very malu one. Is it malu?

Hihi Pausini
I m referring to the DIY. Find the thick one not so nice n v heavy. Afraid not stable.