(2003) Brides of year 2003

leo29

Yve,

IC. You very fast hor, settle your Si Dian Jin already. My parent never mention anything about the gift to me lei. So sad! I guess they start to buy things for me maybe 2-3 mths before my wedding. You know when I mention my wedding, they, especially my mum always said, ‘Ai yoh still got so many mths to go why so kan chiong’. End up I’m the one who kana becos everything will jam together.

Are,

Gold have it’s value and can be used for trade in if you don’t like it next time. My mum also prefer gold so I guess my Xia Chang will be like you, getting gold blare blare blare. How I wish she can buy me a diamond bracelet. The worst thing is my HB mum already bought the Si Dian Jin long long time ago. So I guess the design will be……, I don’t dare to think of it.

Meow,

Yah, if you just compare bare tile, HT edge is shaper then CT. So have you decide what you want, HT or CT?

So envy those that already got your Si Dian Jin ready. Hm…….., I think I better get it later if not I sure take it out and wear before my wedding.

cherubies

Hi all,

the next natas fair from 21 - 23 Mar 2003.
more details at natas website: natas
happy.gif

cat

Hi Pausini,

Saw your pics liao. Agree that you look good in bustier. Yah photo no. 15 really looks good on you.

Cheers
Cat(mao)

naturally

Hi all,

Mrs Quake, u have a good set of priorities there, very sensible, and thanks for the reminder!
happy.gif
Dang's free teadress offer sounds good, considering that SB card membership costs only $30...
happy.gif

Btw, will anyone be engaging a live band for your wedding dinner? My FH is very keen on the idea, i'm not very sure how much it will cost though... any reccomendations, anyone?
happy.gif

rhs

Hi sunshine,
Your 1st fitting is so early! (which I think is nice). Mine will only be mid May and PS in July. I choose Freddie as my make-up artist. Who's yours?

Hi jady,
yep, got ur no.

cherubies

Hi Yi,
sorry, miss out your qn on where i'm staying.
me staying at punggol. very excited as i'm always amazed tat i can afford to have a flat [with my fh of course]. hee hee...

anyone got any good contractors to recommend? don't think we r engaging id cos not want to make house too nice. save money.. basic reno will do. most id firms will want to design your house and stuff like that but i only want to do the main things like kitchen cabinet, air con, curtain, and lights. no need for bomb shelter cover, built-in wardrobe, etc. basic facilities suffice... hee hee..

priviledged

Beibei, I'll probably meet you all either outside Olio or inside, not at the MRT entrance. I'll message you when I get there, OK?

Just to confirm, it's the OLIO DOME Suntec btw 6.45 and 7.00 pm tomorrow.

jan

Hi Hi I'm a Jan '03 bride as well. Jus saw this thread and decided to join u gals. My wedding was on the 11th.

I really miss the days when I was preparing for the wedding, going to the bridal to try the gown, discussing with the hotel co-ordinator etc..., now there are onli the fotos and video to look at. Kinda of miss those days. Though it was hectic but it was fun.

I'm planning to go for my honeymoon prob in Apr/ May to Aust. Anyone got suggestions on the places to go there?

beibei

Prviledged,

ok no problem!!!

that's right!!!it's the one you mentioned and I have reserved under'beibei'.so those reach there to go in first?ok with every one?

M

mrs

Hi Naturally.

Hehhehehe...no choice lor...after seeing all the better boutiques and trying on their gowns...sure feel as if one is on cloud 9. Head giddy with all the niceties at each shop so must prioritise to set my feet down on earth aagin.

Having a live band is cool if you have mostly younger guests at your dinner, otherwise it is just a waste of $$ if most of your older guests do not appreciate. One of my friends had 3 strollers providing live music during the cocktail instead of pipe inmusic. Quite nice too. Very classy.

I'm thinking of having a real three tier wedding cake at my wedding. Anyone doing that? I'm thinking of serving the cake at the dinner after the dessert. Would that be too much? Most likely, I'll go for an 8 course dinner (including dessert).

rinoa

Hi all

glad to find this thread.
i am a dec bride too...mine is fixed on 28 Dec.

but other than booked the hotel, i have done nothing else...gosh...hope i am not too late??

any tips on places to avoid when gown hunting??
thanks

You all have fun tonight ok?
*sob* i can't join you all!

my first fitting is coming up next sat
kenah postponed coz the tailors & seamstresses were all on leave for the chinese new year period.
got like dat one meh?

too bad, guess i dun want to rush them or to offend them...just in case they sabo me back by giving me poor workmanship or making the dress look ugly on me...

have you girls started going for more regular facials? my colleague's beautician wife advised me to go for facials every 3 weeks instead of 1 month to cleanse and maintian the skin. I kinda trust her coz she's already in her 50s, and her skin macam like baby's skin ... smooth and porcelain-clear!

poki: take your time to look for a videographer. Like the photographer, it must be someone whom you're comfortable with. ANother impt point Fabian told me, is that the photographer and the videographer's shooting style must be the same, otherwise it'll be a clash of styles.

Coz the photographer is the #1 man, followed by the videographer. If the photographer is the taiwanese ching-chong style type, and the videographer someone who does journalistic tpe, then these 2 won;t be able to get along v well.

Perhaps you can ask your actual day photographer to recommend you some videographers whom he's worked with? I did that with Choon Huat; that's how i ended up engaging Fabian...

Good luck!

Y

yi

hi wenn,

oic, as i'm not a food person, i'm there more for shopping which i really enjoyed.
happy.gif

hopefully, i can go there again next month if nothing goes wrong.
happy.gif

hi cherubies,

my love nest was done by an ID so can't recommend any contractors for you. sorry.
so natas fair is coming, maybe wld also go see see with hubby on europe tour.
happy.gif

but last time the SA(UIC) pple told me to book nearer to departure date to get a better offer leh!

hi jady,

i got my air-con from my cousin's fiance and installed by him too.
happy.gif

are

leo29... my mum oso ask me last yr why i so kan cheong to book everything 1 yr ahead, she juz doesn't know the current trend is 1 yr of preparation!
lol.gif

i doubt i can ever trade-in, she'll kill me! unless i really broke lah...
lol.gif
but i tot yve's situation is quite unique, 1 person buy one item for si dian jing. i tot its supposed to come frm MIL? anyway, my MIL haven't said anything & i'm not going to ask oso. anyway, i'm not a jewellery person, so watever she give is ok, even if juz a bracelet or chain.

meow... i'm oso looking for wooden bed, will let u noe if i find one tats sturdy and nice k? i'm not surprised tat in the end we will custom make, juz like our sofa, coz the price is really comparable, & we can hv any design we want!
lol.gif

Y

yi

hi fionau,

i have emailed you the pics liao.
happy.gif

hi jan,

welcome to this thread.
my wedding was on 24 jan 03.
you miss the weding preparations?
me no, just miss the march-ins which were real memorable and romantic.
actually, we shld look forward to our lives with our dearest hubbies mah and not look back. hehe
me just came back from a short trip to bangkok and planning for my honeymoon to europe after june 03.
happy.gif

australia is a nice place too, i've been there in 2001 for my mini-honeymoon after ROM, went to sydney and brisbane (gold coast). Nice places!
happy.gif

akira

DK, agree with you that Silhouette is really v nice. wanted to sign up with them too but settled on second best in the end cos its a bit ex. btw I think the 3.5K price the designer quoted you for MTM is cheaper than the quote I got last Nov.Back then they quoted around 4K for MTM.

leo, at least you are getting si4 dian3 jin1. my mum already told me I'm not getting anything.. anyway not Teochew so not expecting anything either in the first place. My hubby is Teochew and MIL already asked my hubby wat would I like but then I pai seh to say cos dun want her to spend so much. anyway not fond of jewellery.. I rather they buy me blue chip stocks.. at least will yield investment returns years later.. ha ha me very practical.

K

kk

Hi Jady,

Yah, aircon installation all done by id. He quote me around $3000 if i did not remember wrongly. Mitsubitshi Inverter System 3.

Hi Flowee Jie,

I think i know what u are saying. The can can thing is hidden inside the train u mean? No wonder i always feel something inside that makes it big. Feel something sort of dangling inside.

K

kk

HI 1027,

I guess quite true that the seamstress and all went on long leave during CNY. If u see some bridal shops outside, they open a few days after CNY too.

Hi Poki,

ohhh..so that is photo montage! So how ah? My ex colleague told me they actually did the powerpoint presensation themselves and play background music. I told my hubby let professionals do it lah, just in case it doesn't work on the actudal day... hohooo...

So can i pass scanned photos to them? I mean those indoor and outdoor ps photos. I dun intend to put in actual day clip lor.

tingting

mrs quake, Dang looks very attractive to me too..on the wedding cake, well, personally i would think 2 dessert items is a bit too much, unless u take out the dinner dessert. also, pple tend to leave during the dessert time...dunno abt you, but i'm a cake lover, so very "heartache" to see plates of unconsumed cake on the table..my special wedding cake some more....

on the issue of cake..i've heard from someone before that in the past, people keep their wedding cake (those fruit cake with alcohol kind) till their 1st anniversary. So you have a piece of your wedding memory to savour upon one year later..not sure how it'll taste though!

hi rinoa, welcome! you are just in time to start looking around
happy.gif
to play safe, look up magazines like Her World Brides n go to those shops u r interested in..think they would be more reputable. or browse thru the threads on bridal shops in the Forum here...will give you an idea of what the shops are like..

poki

Hi 1027

Ray did recommend a videographer to us but we dun like his work. That's y we must work hard to look for one.

Yap, it's better not to rush the tailors & seamstresses. Anyway, we still have time to wait for a little while.

I have started to do my regular facial sometime in OCt. Notice that my makeup "stay" better.

rhs

Me too, have Freddie to do my PS and actual day makeup. Had met him before, he did my ROM makeup and he was also my SIL's PS & actual day makeup artist. Freddie has tied up with several bridal boutiques.

blurblur

Hi 1027

your photographer is choon Huat? can i have his contact no? how much does he charge ? and inclusive of how rolls? additional roll how much?

pls advise. thx

jan

Hi Yi,

Oh yes, of course the march-in as well.....

You went to Aust before??? Tat's great, any places to recommend to stay and have fun in Sydney, Gold Coast and Mel. Thot of going these 3 places within 10 days. Dunno enuf time or not.

Wow, you going Europe, tat's nice. Lucky you....

You gals sharing fotos?? Can I take a look at yours as well?

You can go to the following link to see my fotos:

www.99photo.com

UserID: [email protected]
Password: 99photo.com

These are all my actual days fotos. Alot of them. Enjoy.....

twinklets

sighs .. i duno whether i'm getting 4 dian jin or not.. my FMIL is those modern techeow type .. i dunno whether she'll follow the custom or not..
sad.gif
But hor.. i dun like the yellow gold.. i wud prefer the white gold... but if got diamonds lagi better lar ... hahahahah *keep dreaming...
sad.gif
17760.gif

twink|ets ~

may

Shook: yes, go centrepoint robinsons household dept.

Pausini: Diff people have diff body shape and diff cutting to suit. If you think a-line is suitable then stick with it. Cant wait to c your 2nd fitting pixs - hopefully u will like the gowns this round.

Kare: Dont be disappointed lah. u know first fitting only let your try the cutting..2nd fitting then u see the details. My evening gown also very plain what...only the wedding gown got more dramatic effect because of the low back and the flowers. Actually, i also feel that the gowns make my top look big. I am going to ask the designer if there is anything that can be done.
How come u cant wear the evening gown? Did they take the wrong measurement or you put on some weight. At least they are willing to alter for you. Mine insist that i will lose weight. Altho i can wear but it is supertight.

Wish u cld take some pixs to show us. Dont sian ...next tuesday fitting will be better. What is your gown design like?

M

mrs

Rinoa: Welcome to this forum. You are not too late yet. For bridal shops, try going to the more reputable ones that tingting mentioned. You can find good ones like Le Galleria, Dang at Tanjong Pagar. I went to both and found them quitye nice. Avoid those who try and hard sell you or throw in a lot of 'goodies' to pressure you into signing.

Tingting: Are you going to Dang or LG again this weekend? I'm going to the white link bridal show at Grand Copthorne and Lezen Creation bridal show this Sunday to steal some ideas. I will try and pay dang a visit again to be sure. This weekend gonna be busy again cos got to visit Andrew Choi and The edge. After that, hopefully I can decide finally.

As for the cake, I also thought that 2 desserts may be too much and somemore, I thought of serving 'or ni'(traditional teochew yam dessert).

I think the type of cake you are talking about is the fruit cake. My husband's relative actually kept the cake in the freezer for ten years before they finished it. Every anniversary, both husband and wife will share a slice of it and they finally finish every bit of it 2 years ago. According to them, these cakes won't spoil if you keep them in the freezer.

abrinas

Really sorry - cannot go 2moro cos going to buy gold. I know price already $23.50 but MIL wants to buy b4 price goes even higher so .... hai.....
sad.gif

Pooh not going 2???

Me continuing with painting pt 2 of house - ie. living room. last weekend finished 2 rooms and roof of mstr rm (cos wall will be blue). starting living room this wkend. hopefully can finish this week so tt can really start preparing for wedding starting next wk liao.
happy.gif

beibei

abrinas,

what a pity!!
sad.gif
but never mind we will have more gatherings coming up!

pooh hasn't confirmed with me leh...but hope she can attend!

Date:21st Feb 03 (fri)

Confirmed attending
pooh-maynot attend
abrinas-can't make it
kiroro
pucca
beibei
priviledged
beanie
totoro
joyful

cutie-not in leh
whitely-not in
cutie 22-not in

tentatively:taddess??

H

hf

Hi all

Its been a lot time since my last posting. Very busy with work and exam is next week.

Cannot join you people tonight. Have fun...

are

eh? is si dian jing for teochews only? i'm hainanese, so my mum gives me 3 things only. MIL is hokkien so dun noe if getting anything. but sure will hv something for 'drink tea' rite? aiyo, these things so confusing man. lucky for my side, sis got married 3yrs ago, so already set the standard for things required by my side. as for hubby, he forgot wat his brother got, & we dun dare to ask, so a bit more complicated lor. do you gers hv tis prob w ur MILs?

vio

hello gals....

i'm 'lost' for a while too n there's soooo much to catch up!!! ;) work has become so stressful + wedding prep :
sad.gif

shall chat tonite yah - see u all!!!

are

twink|ets... actually, nowadays, gold jewellery got quite nice design, quite modern. but 2 bad, my mum oni got eyes for the 'thick chains' & i can't win the argument coz she's paying!
angry.gif

blythe

Hi,

I can't make it tonight...coz after meeting in the late evening I got to meet my parents for dinner, is my dad's birthday......so sorry..so last min...

You gals enjoy and have fun ya.

pausini

Hi pple,

thanks. I will take note this evening.

Shook: I called up Alan Dai yesterday to ask him whether he is free on my wedding day to be my photographer and i will be meeting him next tuesday (9pm) at Spore post to look at his work. Did u meet up with him? he charge me $480 for 8 rolls but all color. I requested for black and white and he said $50 per roll. If i need 2 B&W in the packages will cost $550. What package did u take?

Sorry girls, i will not be in the office after 2pm cos got meeting outside. i will reply all questions tm. (if possible, i try to reply today cos the other meetingplace also got internet access) cheers!

rhs

1027: yah, better not to rush them. If they sabo then die. I started doing facial since July last year. Blame it on SB forum!
biggrin.gif
(been lurking here for some time even before we set wedding date). Now I go roughly every 3 wks to BI. Ok lah, some ppl say I look fairer although I think I'm still quite tanned.

poki: So how u think of Freddie's style? Good or not? He's more into natural look, right? Don't want to look wayang leh kekeke ....

jojok

Hi ocean,

I booked w Silver Cloak Courture (along tanjong pager). The designer is v professional & good. Did u pop by earlier?

leo29

Are,

Actually during old times, Si Dian Jin is needed if either side is teochew. But now it’s seem everybody is practicing this. Maybe Yve’s case is only as gift. Ya, tea session definitely have somethings for you, if not ang bao. Normally, sibling will give jewelry,
during tea session.

You custom made your sofa?

Akira,

Since your hb is teochew, sure you have si dian jin. Must take! If you pai she, just ask for your MIL budget. Then shop with your hb. Your MIL don’t have to be around.

Twinklets,

Me also thinking of white gold and diamond. But no hope for me liao., my MIL already bought it. Don’t you think it look funny if we placed it in the si dian jin case(I believe it is red colour love shape case) , rite. Are is rite, nowday yellow gold design look modern and nice. Just that now fashion white gold so everybody going after it. And if you wear yellow gold, ppl will stared at you as if we are so sua ku.

naturally

huh?? The wedding cake can keep for 10 yrs?? That's something new to me... anyway i was actually thinking of doing without the cake! Think everyone may be too full to eat the cake after a 8/9-course dinner, so it'll prob go to waste... So it'll either be a dummy cake, or none at all!
happy.gif

Mrs Quake,
Having strollers is a very romantic idea... and u're right, the older folks may probably not appreciate it, but i think we will have mostly younger guests from our frens and colleagues, so it shd appeal to most.
happy.gif
I read in another thread that someone engaged a harpist, and i was like "wow!", heavenly music.... but FH turn down the idea immediately, think he prefers something more contemporary.... too bad lor!

akira

are, so you're hainanese? me too.
happy.gif
do you speak the dialect? btw do you know of any special customs that we must follow?? since your sis already set std for you.. as for my parents, they are modern so dun think they know much either.

leo, ha ha I like your idea. My MIL also quite modern.. know wat are the 'in' brands etc.. hopefully she will also realise tat white gold and diamonds are the 'in' thing.
lol.gif
but seriously won't want the si4 dian3 jin1 set if it utlimately comes out from my hubby's pocket esp since now his pocket is also my pocket and vice-versa. Your MIL bot the si4 dian3 jin1 so early huh? must be v eager to have you as DIL..
happy.gif

Blurblur: Choon Huat's mobile is 9696 7282. His website is http://fspphotos.homestead.com/pg1.html.

Better that you call him for his rates. I booked since June last year, and i think his rates his increased alittle bit. Nevertheless, i still think his rates are v reasonable.

If i remember correctly, additional rolls are $50.
His package is 8 rolls of EDITED photos.

HF: good luck for your exams! Come chat only after you finish; meanwhile study hard!

RHS: wah! you started so early ah! I'm only starting my regular facials this sat, all becoz of my colleague's wife who told me about good skin care. All this while i have been neglecting facials, now no choice already.

How much do you pay for each facial at BI? I'm paying $90 for some Vitamin C Cold Compress facial. Supposed to make the skin radiant etc, dunno how true coz i dun see very much difference in my skin....

are

leo29... yup, will be getting custom made. actually, its not tat we want special design, juz tat i dun like leather or polyfibre. i want fabric, & we found a shop tat can do up a sofa according to any design we want, & choose the fabric we want. so its gd 4 us coz we hv some idea of wat we want but hv yet to find a set tat fits. for a 3-seater+ottoman, we will prob be paying $500-600.

akira... u wan to know traditions? then we will hv to email each other! hahaha... i'm a 'pure' hainanese, so when my sis got married, we got tons of info frm so many relatives! but my mum oni selected a few coz too complicated so those r the ones i know. i can understand hainanese to a certain level, but can't really speak v well. well, as long as my elders still understand, i guess its fine!
lol.gif