(2003) Brides of year 2003

wen

Hi Leo29,
I am too tall for S size so can only tie the skirt at mid hip or slightly higher. Tend to slip as I walk cos the skirt is quite heavy. I think it is due to the material they use. As for M size, too big and the skirt is very loose.

I went to H.O.E. last Saturday. Have you tried any of their kua?

shirlynn

Hi are,

The shop name is Min Sheng TV & Radio Trading

Add : Blk 94 #01-16, Lorong 4 Toa Payoh Singapore 310094
Tel : 6354 4031, 6256 4031

The boss is Vincent See.

It will be good if you can look around the major electrical stores to source what you want, take down the model no., then you do not have to go to the shop, just call them, with the model number, you can check the pricing thru' the phone, I ordered my first item - the fridge by just a phone call and they just deliver to my place.

Remember to check around for pricng first so that you will be able to bargain with them for a good price

K

kk

Hi Gals,

Wow, guess u all had a great time during the outing last nite! Sorry for not attending as i accompanied a girlfriend to select her rom gown at her bridal shop last nite. It is indeed a pleasure to be an audience. At least not so tiring
happy.gif

Thumbs up for house hopping!

By the way, u all know the kind of "balloon glass" that pple placed on their reception tables to hold namecards, etc during functions? Any idea where to get it? I need to get one to hold chocolates for my dinner.

feb

Hi Gals

Too busy nowadays and never have time to pop into this thread. Think I have missed out the outing yesterday..So Sad...Sob Sob..

Who is staying in the West now? My new house also in the west leh...

meow

22/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Besse, Are, Yve
28/03(eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are, Leo29, twinklets, Feb, Jing jing
29/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are, Amore
Not attending - Wen, Sunnyling, Clyne, okeanosmao, DK

Venue: Esplanade? Any more suggestions?

Thanks Are for updating for me.
blush.gif
I ever ask the diff of granite than those un-natural ones. They say the price does differ. Granite is more expensive lor. Good thing is that you can place hot boiling pot on granite but not on solid surface ones.
Wen,
Yeah i'm using Nick Goh alright. I took the Journalistic $1500package which includes 10 rolls of film and 2 albums. 1 will be those slotted in with all photos taken and the other one will be a story based 15pages album with nice border(artwork like brush strokes) rather than the normal white border. He do have another package that's $950 but only 3 pages of the artwork and with 8 rolls. Now he also got another package that's $1880? Can see from his website for more details(www.nick gohphotos.com). All i know it includes additional 2 VCDs that's to show your guest the growing up of yourself and the other the actual day happening. If you get what i mean.

Pris, I will try to find it out for you. But of course at the same time you can get your friends to help you too.

Okean,
Good luck for your coming exams!

Ladies, Please update me your PS dates. Thanks!
happy.gif

leo29

Are,

You don’t have to be around. Ask your hb to bring the boy to your house will do. I should said symbolize Zhao Sheng Gui Zi but the Zi don’t know refer to boy or gal. By right is boy. I do it just to hope I can have baby soon not really symbolize a boy lor. Actually, I hope my first baby is girl, more adorable mah.

Sad to said that not really accurate if it symbolize boy! Becos.... my frd give birth to 2 gals.

Wen,

Haven’t! But can see their kua is quite heavy. They can’t alter for you?

shook

Hihi Vin
My bridal boutique only allow me to kiv 3 EG. Actually there wz a new girl quite enthusiastic to let me try those fashion show gowns. My hubby requested 4 a designer to help me choose the gown. The designer wz busy so she browsed thru those gowns which the new girl took 4 me, kept a lot of them. She said not suitable 4 me. She picked a few which is suitable 4 me. After showing me 9 gowns, she juz picked her choice n kiv 4 for me. She said can pick 1 as EG, 1 as tea dress.

Hihi May
Ai say man, hotel blackout. BTW wat has the hotel got to do wif your fitting? U mean your bridal boutique is in a hotel is it? Hmmm... think it is faited 4 u to take pictures.
I selected my gowns 4 times. ROM, the coordinator injured her leg, so can't help me. PS, the one @ Kaki Bt oso din show me much gowns. She said those r the ones dat suit u. No pt showing u other gowns dat don't suit u. So I went to Marina. The lady is nice but working part time now. She works only where they call her. 4th time wz yesterday. Dunno whether is it I m really dat petite or the staff not patient wif me.

How many gowns were u gals given to try on n how much time u spent selecting the gowns?

leo29

Meow,

My PS is July 23. You like to drink wine or testing the wine for your wedding,not possible hor, too early. Saw your early posting on the wine tasting.

J

jan2003

Hi all,

Shook: you same as me, cannot take pics. so sian hor, cannot share. as for ROM dress from xzen, can forget about it. it's not included in package and i mentioned it twice and all they say was can RENT it to me at $150! I might as well buy a dress. simple one will do since my rom on weekday and and i can still get to keep it. Agree with vin, see if you can fix up other appointments to try on some more. should try on till you are happy. once in a lifetime, i am sure they also want to leave good impression, call them up again and try yah.

Vin: you are right. i suspect once i step in to stay, moving out will be like moving a moutain. tough, very tough.

May: at least today you got everything ready. as for the detox, i give up trying to lose weight. as long as healthy and look ok and most important we are happy on that day, i don't care already lor. tried so long but didn't lose much. put back everything i lost when i was admitted to hospital, now back to normal fei fei self!
happy.gif
anyway, MTM is to fit us not for us to fit the gown so your designer better be nice to you. must show us your pics hor. Shook and myself miss out sharing, we are very sad.

Maya: i too lazy. i think i will try spotlight if i decide to do the corsage. envy your enthusiam and good handiwork. i cannot do handiwork. in fact, tying ribbons i also very lousy. all my bows turn out very ugly. that's why for my wedding invitation cards, decided not to go for anything that requires tying of ribbons.

Pausini: my future SIL how bitchy? hmmm... tough question. just don't like her. she's not only bitchy. very sloppy and lazy. don't do housework at all. i visited her room once and was shocked to see the mess in their room. she once told me she don't do housework since last time her mum is a housewife so all housework done by mum. but i was really shocked and puzzled lor. now you married into the family and there is no maid, you mean you treat the rest of the family members including your MIL as maid meh? anyway, i don't care lor, FIL love her so much, they even buy breakfast for her everyday and no complains. i think they worry she will want to move out and they will lose their son lor.

okeanosmao

thanks meow!

are,

wat course are u taking? so interesting got ex-dj to teach.is it mass comm?
i'm currently studying diploma in marketing management at MDIS. hope to study degree next yr in logistics.kinda not used to studying at first after long break.now still okie..managed to pass the modules but not with flying colours..

biggrin.gif

sweetie

Hi,
My PS is July 12. Anyone wants to have PS at Tanjong Rhu? Which beach good? Which park good? Anyone took at Botanical Gardens?

meow

Leo29,
i believe Andrew Tay is from The edge right? Then its Amore who has take him as her photographer. Eeks, i dun know how to drink and i'm allergy to it. Keep on scratching till skin with rashes. It was Pris who wanted lah

bluebonnet

Hi Yi,

Great pictures! You look awesome in those pictures! The boat ride pictures are refreshing. Good choice. Love your home decor too. Looks roomy with the combined living and dining area. Money well spent.
happy.gif
As for my wedding pix, still waiting for the soft copies of the colored pixs from my MIL. Once I get them, can upload some. ;)

meow

Sweetie,
I though of taking it at Sentosa and botanic gardens too. Tanjong Rhu is not in Singapore right? You wanna travel there jus to take PS?

shook

Hihi Jan
Ya lor so disappointed cannot take pictures.
My hubby wanna saves leave for honeymoon. Don't think he will apply leave to go wif me to select gown again. I m v disappointed, feel like buying EG myself. I m not going to pick the tea dress fm the 4 gowns. I wanna select again on my next appt which is the final fitting.

wen

Leo29,
As their kua is for rental, cannot alter the size. They offer to lengthen by adding another layer of cloth with beadings but this will make the skirt even heavier. So i guess better not rent.

vin

Hi Shook,

Like what May and Jan said, call them to fix an appointmet with your bridal shop again and try the gowns till you satisfied. I told my co-ordinator last time, I took up your bridal package, you must try to accomodate what I want. That's why last minutes, (ard a week or less b4) my wedding, they even tailor make a long skirt to match my top. Of coz me paid fr the material and the habour fees but they put in the effort to rush fr me.

Ask them to inform you when they hv new stock of EG coming in.

Hi Jan,

Ya ya, is diff to move out once you stay with them, unless they hint you to move out if you hv child else... heehee... TKK (Tan Ku Ku)...
happy.gif

are

shirlynn... oh, i know which shop is tat liao! i always go there to eat, did check out the shop before, but haven't done our homework, so din know if cheaper. will check it out when we got time. thanx! ;P

meow... ya, tat's basically the gd point of granite, plus scratches not easily seen and less likely to crack in future. but colour very limited lor.

leo29... oh, so you gonna try for baby aft customary? xian mu... hubby say cannot give birth so early, tied dwn with finances leh...& he want to 'guo er ren shi jie' first lor.... but might still psycho hubby to 'borrow' a son from fren staying nearby, coz i still want 1st child to be a boy! ;P i think boy more fun mah... hehehe...

okeanosmao... yup, i'm taking mass comm in SIM. she's really funny, look @ her will think of anita sarawak! ;P

sweetie & meow... my photographer did mention tat sentosa is 1 of the best place to take, coz got variety of shots, & the best sunset scenery. meow, i think tanjung rhu is around pebble bay that area, near indoor stadium. but definitely in singapore lah... ;P i've oso heard of packages to go bintan or batam to take? or further is perth, aust.!

are

by the way... any one of you getting professional videography for your wedding? how much are you being quoted and wat does the package include? i wish to hv tis, but gotta really watch my budget lor. need to find out market rate...

twinklets

Hi Sweetie,

Tanjong Rhu is one of my locations too. But basically I like the long bridge near the Cosy Bay there. Have seen my BIL's sis took their PS there. Very nice! Me & FH will rackee the place 1st before confirming our 2 locations, maybe can let u noe by tat time.

Meow,Tanjong Rhu is somewhere Kallang there. Kinda near to Cosy bay tat side & ID stadium..

twink|ets ~

leafy

kk,

Not a bad idea hor...

Ur guest will dip a door gift like lucky draw.
happy.gif
I came across the ballon glass tank b4, but just couldn't recall where i saw it. paiseh...not able to help.

ur dinner at farrer park right? Just wondering...will suzanna do up their marina outlet by my wedding?
happy.gif

vin

Hi Shook,

Y you need to fork out the $$ to buy your EG?? They should provide maaa... if really can't find your like gown and you intend to buy, pls ask them to compensate you. B4 I select my gowns, I already hint my co-ordinator, what happen if I couldne't get the gowns I like?? So just ask them to inform you when there's no gown coming in.

Your FH can't go down to select gowns together with you?? Then you choose yourself, then ask him to go down aft work lor. If you dun really like the gown, just tell ur co-ordinator that your FH also not fancy abt the gown, gv a excuse to select again as well...:p

shanice

hi beibei n all

i can, anytime haha... not working mah..
happy.gif
hi pooh, once u confirm then let us know lor.. okie?

hi sweets,
i usually go paragon branch Hollywood secrets. airbrush? wat u mean? eh.. she paint oredi then will put my hand on some machine with heated air blowing out lor... the commonly used one to dry the nail polish, if thats wat u mean? hehe...

beibei, 19/3 is a wednesday issit.. which means i just come back from photoshoot in tioman... my PS tioman is 17th n 18th....should b ok... keke.. :p

i'm at a cyber cafe now... keke.. going to my aerobics class soon. hope to c as many june brides as possible!
happy.gif
))

Shanice
happy.gif

beibei

June brides gathering
19/3/03

YES
--beibei
--Shanice
--Priviledged
--abrinas

maybe
--pooh

No
--Pucca

now we have 4pp liao!!
happy.gif
so most likely we meet on 19/3 and pooh will let us know if she can meet us!how about the rest??!!

taddess

So good that shanice is not working...every morning when i wake up i dread going to work...:{

I look at beibei's done list and i get even more anxious...beibei you are really well prepared! Almost everything is ready...anyway i can't wake to finish my outdoor shots and then look at my photos...

If you gals have already taken your photos must let us @@ okie?!!

Anyway now i am sourcing for a videography! Any good and cheap person to recommend? Is anyone also getting a photo montage done cause if you are, can you share them with me? Don't know whether to get it done professionally or just stick to diy

Y

yi

hi bluebonnet,

thanks for your compliments.
happy.gif

the boat ride pics is something different and unique which is hubby's fav shoots!
happy.gif

my home? oh, thanks. guess we got to make our home cosy so that we would look forward to gog back every night.
happy.gif

i'll be waiting for your pics ok?
happy.gif

wen

Are,
My colleague's contractor recommends granite tiles instead of solid surface. However, he did warn her that the finishing for granite table top is not as smooth as solid surface as you can see lines. If you are seriously thinking of using granite, better check this with your contractor. Ask for site viewing where his client has used granite as table top.

Meow,
Thanks¡­ will check out his website¡­

All,
There are so many places I want to go for PS:-
Botanic Garden;
Sentosa;
Telok Blangah;
Singapore River / One Fullerton
The bridge near Cozy Bay
Art Museum
City Hall (opp Padang)

Btw how many places can we go? If Singapore then walk over to City Hall, consider 1 location or 2?

Anyway, my PS will be end Sep or early Oct. By then, everyone should have finished their PS. Must let me know where to go for nice photos¡­.

Looking for journalist photography which is less than $1000, any one with any recommendation???

wen

Are,
Journalist Actual Day Photography + Videography
Stefine - $1600
Moomedia - $1688
Get the above rate from their website.

Anyone can recommend cheaper videography?

jady

hi gals,

bk fr appt. outside so hot!!

yi & elaine, i left my blue file in the restaurant leh, luckily no confidential stuff inside. shows how engrossed i m in chattg wif u gals!:p

yi, will sure bother u abt the tradition stuff:p

elaine, u know u hv a kaki here when it comes to mum..i can only ask u dont take it to heart & b a happy pretty bride. but i know when comes to my turn, i think i'll get more emotionally upset than u..keke

leafy, thks!! now flowee get me so excited to want to confirm JP liao..hope to get david leh..let me know the status ok? eerrrmmmm yr sis wont forget to ask rite?:p

flowee, finally we met after strings of emails & sms..:p

wenn, i fr east to north also. will miss my supper & food @ geylang for sure!! cry! hope to get used to it too!

chicory

Hi tingting,

I was at Dang yesterday too... you were with two other girls (all very tall)? I am impressed by Dang's gowns too. Good workmanship, great designs, great cuts.

Mrs Quake, What is their payment structure like? I am more or less deciding between Jawn Happy Ever After and Dang. Is the cheong sam going to be your tea-dress? So you are taking the tea-dress back and renting the evening gown?

besse

Hi Gals

Me back in action.. was so busy ysday.. and WAH. so many postings oledy

DK, Wen, wah.. you both v on leh, visited so many bridals.. me oso yet confirmed my bridals. Actually wanted BV, but after 2nd visit there, still feel that the crew is not v warm.. As I will be away, I can oni start searching from week after .. die, isit too late? Actually i oso v lazy.. hmm..

Anyone going for overseas PS???

M

mrs

Hi Chicory!

The normal payment structure is 50% deposit and balance 50% during photgraphy, I think. I guess this is negotiable. You can try talking to Dang about it if you want to have more part payments.

The cheongsam is actually my teadress. Usually for Dang's MTM package, you get:
1) WG (MTM on rental),
2) EG(MTM to keep), or
3) EG(MTM on rental) and Teadress (MTM on rental)

I get to keep both my EG and teadress because I have the SB card. SB card entitiles you to have a teadress to keep with any package signed up with Dang.

are

wen... ya, we r aware tat the joining lines can be seen. but quite ok for us coz our L-shape will oni have 1 joining line on the longer side. the shorter L-side is 1 pc coz its lower. we read tat 'fire' (stove) muz be lower than 'water' (sink), thus tis design. plus, i'm shorter so need the stove to be lowered so i can cook! ;P no need to view samples, hubby's hse is using granite! hee... so everytime we can't decide, juz go to his kitchen! ;P

if you really like so many locations, maybe can go a couple of them during your actual day? i actually wanted 3 locations, but most photographers i spoke to when 'researching' says its pretty tough, coz time will be spent on travelling, & setting up. my bridal actually has no limit on locations, but says depending on tat day, & how tired we are. but he did mention tat avg shd not be longer than 5hrs, coz you'll be too tired to smile! ;P

isn't your PS a bit late? i tot usually bridal needs 1-2mths to do up the albums? sorrie, i'm not doing so not so sure. maybe the other novas can advise?

are

besse... its not really too late to get your bridal, coz there is still time for even MTM. but you hv to bear in mind tat the make-up artist and photographer involved. so if someone already booked the 'teacher' or 'master' before you, then you hv to settle for freelancers. oso the vehicle if you getting from them. i wld suggest you book soon, so you hv time to work out with them on the design you want for MTM.

even for OTR like mime, i already confirmed my gown, so the next bride tat comes along will not see my gown. its all first-come-first-served basis. sorrie.. not meaning to scare you. ;P

are

wen... thanx for your info, but i'm getting photography from bridal, so need juz videography. may get from bridal, but juz want to know wat's the market rates.

seiko

HI ladies!

Whitefloral welcome to the forum
happy.gif

So glad 2 see another bride -to -be sharing the same date! Yippeee! hows yr preparations coming along?

Wow ladies! 179 more days... getting exciting already :p

chicory

Hi Mrs Quake,

I think the payment structure is the same as Jawn.
I asked Cindy about the SB card promotion for the free tea-dress to keep, she told me if i have the SB card, if i choose to keep the tea-dress, i can't keep the EG. I thot with the SB card, i can get to keep both EG and tea-dress. Why so different wan? Did you talk to Cindy or Dang?

tingting

chicory,

Cindy may be talking about the option where both EG and teadress are MTM for rental? Better clarify with her.

Yup, I'm one of the 3 tall girls..
happy.gif
Are you the one who's trying the gowns before we started?

may

Shook: my bridal shop is located within a hotel. What a joke right? I heard there was a wedding dinner somemore last nite.

I also agree with Vin tat u shldnt spend extra $$ to go buy a evening gown. Go fitting after work. Or get one of ur gal friends to go w you instead.

Mine is mtm so i got no gown selection. When is yr final fitting? Call them and tell them not to KIV the evening gowns for u, say your FH dont like. On final fitting, u select again and tell them to keep the more suitable ones for u. Dont worry b happy.

Can u tell pixs on ps then? perhaps u can take some n show us.

Jan: Where did u go for ur ps. I will tell u if the mtm gowns are still tight or not tomw. I think it shld be the same...sigh...

Can u discuss w your FH that it is very lonely n strange for you to be staying in his house w/o him after marriage. And bargain w him to allow u to go back to ur mom house on weekends. I think u need some breathing space away from ILs and SIL. Otherwise it is going to b so stress. Unless u r prepared to go home late everyday...but also no good coz IL will wag their tongue and complain dunno where u go every day after work.

M

mrs

Hi Chicory.

I'm very sure of Dang's MTM package. If you do not have the SB card, you will only get:

1) WG (MTM-rental),
EITHER
a) EG(MTM-to keep) OR
b) EG (MTM-rental)+ Teadress (MTM-rental)

Let's say, you choose Option a, that means you get to keep EG.

Then let's say you apply for SB card, then you can get a teadress (MTM) to keep.

Got it?

I suggest you take a look at the Card application page and see the perks you can get.

BTW, I talk to Dang.

vin

HI Jan,

Hahaha,,, agree with you. Discuss with you FH. OR should ask him to tell his parents that you will go back home to stay fr a few days in a week. Better to come out from his mouth instead of yours...

As you SIL, if she still create problem fr you, tell you FH and ask him to warn or "suan" her...:p

beanie

Hi beibei and sweets,

Mr hotel only provide one 30l barrel and my gut feel tells me is not enuf. That's why i am getting from apb. is really cheap, two to three hundred and my hotel allows me to bring in but will charge corkage. After some calculation, is still worth to but from APB. just that now i am calculating how many barrel, one or two? i can save a few hundreds for a little bit more work. hee hee.

As for red wine, i am asking my friend who use to work in a pub to recommend a supplier. anyone has good buy elsewhere? btw, how many tables both of you having?

As for my GDL thingy, i wanted a very simplified one. i think i will go to the shop in beauty world as recommended by beibei. beibei, you know the name of the shop and located on which floor? you got your stuff liao? how much did you spend?

beibei

Beanie,
Oh I see..
for me i have about 48tables at the moment but sure will reduce to lesser tables at a later stage maybe left with 44tables.

for GDL thing,there are quite a number of shops in Beauty World so u can ask ard and compare their prices.I will only go down end of this month to purchase the stuff but I will not exceed $100 for my GDL stuff cos mine is very simplified one so already filter a lot of things out.

whitefloral

hi

I m with J&M. Photoshoot 5 May. WG OTR, EG should be MTM but duno enuf time or not? Snoopy, my coordinator at Traders is Rosalind. Bortei Khan, not sure when to an chuang but havent bought my matress yet.

shook

Hihi Vin
I v disappointed leh. Both ps n actual day EG oso not up to my expectation. But I do like the EG dat I selected fm Marina. Dat gown is 2 big 4 me. I called the new girl in the afternoon. Thot of asking her to kiv the EG I selected fm Marina n let go of another gown but she is on leave.

Hihi May
Got height gd leh. I always envy tall ppl. Both my hubby n me kar teh kar teh. Tall ppl can wear many nice long skirts n jeans.
My ps is over. Haven't collect my photos yet. Told them not to rush, give us by May can liao. I dun wanna collect early. Many ppl keep asking can see my album or not. Afraid it will spoil easily if pass ard.

Hihi Jan
May's suggestion is gd. Tell your FMIL your mum miss u v v much n want u to stay @ home over the weekend.