Singaporebrides | Photography
45 Important Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Wedding Photographer
These 45 questions are here to guide you if you cannot decide on a wedding photographer for your big day.
Choosing your wedding vendors can be a really fun task during your wedding planning. But when you have a tough time choosing from your list of shortlisted wedding photographers in a bid to find the right one to capture those oh-so-precious moments of your wedding day, and time is running out, you might need some help.
To help you decide on the right one for your big day, use this list of questions to help you decide if a photographer is right for you. However, do not print this list out and grill your photographer when you meet them! You may already have answers to some of these questions when you visited the websites of your shortlisted photographers and seen their portfolio. Instead, use this list of questions as a guide to help you make a decision on the photographer you’d like to engage for your wedding.
Questions For Your PhotographerGrace and Dominic’s Pre-Wedding Shoot in Melbourne with Magical Light
1. How long have you been in the industry and how many weddings have you shot to date?
2. What is your photography style?
3. Do you have a portfolio I can review? Where is the best place for me to view a full portfolio of your work?
4. Which of these images are your own, and which are by team members? Is the work recent?
5. Are you open to a photographer’s shot list?
6. How far in advance do I need to book with you?
7. Is my wedding date available?
8. How many weddings are you booked for on my wedding date?
9. Will you be the one shooting my wedding? If not, can I meet the photographer who will be on-site?
10. Will there be a second photographer on the day? If yes, can I meet the second photographer?
11. Why do you need a second photographer? What will he/she be in charge of photographing?
12. Is there an additional cost if I want a second photographer?
13. Do you have a backup plan/photographer in the event that you are unable to shoot my wedding for some reason?
14. What photography packages are available, and what is included in these packages?
15. What add-ons do the more expensive packages include?
16. Can I customise a package to fit my needs?
17. How many hours are included in each package? How much do extra hours cost?
18. What is your refund or cancellation policy?
19. How much deposit do you require to book your services?
20. When will the final payment be due?
21. What payment methods do you offer? Do you accept payments in installments?
22. Do you often shoot weddings that have a similar size and style to the one we are planning?
23. Have you ever shot a wedding at our wedding venue/s? If not, do you plan to check out the venues in advance?
24. Do you offer other photography services, such as photobooths or live-roaming photography?
25. Is there a videography team you enjoy working with that you can recommend me?
26. What time will you arrive at the site and for how long will you shoot?
27. What happens if you are delayed getting to my wedding?
28. What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
29. What kind of equipment will you be using? Will you bring our own lighting and necessary equipment?
30. Do you have backup equipment?
31. Do you shoot in colour, black and white, or both?
32. Will the photos be retouched and colour balanced before they are given to me?
33. If an image is delivered in black and white, will I also have access to a colour version of the image?
34. On average, how many edited images can we expect to receive from you?
35. How will I receive the images? Do you offer an album? If yes, what type of album do you offer?
36. How long does it take for us to receive the images after the wedding?
37. Will we have rights to the images, to repost on social media etc?
38. Are you available to travel? If so, what are the additional costs? What do I need to provide?
Questions For YourselfJillian and Jason’s Soulful Wedding Photography in Norway in the Dramatic Lofoten Islands
1. Do you like this photographer’s photography style and works?
2. Do you feel a connection with this photographer as well as his/her photos? Are your personalities a good match?
3. Do you feel comfortable with the photographer’s experience, portfolio and work and communication style?
4. Is the photographer within your budget?
5. Is this photographer open and receptive to my suggestions?
6. Has this photographer listened well and addressed all my concerns?
7. What experience have other couples had with this photographer?
With this list of questions in hand, you are now ready to meet the photographers you’ve shortlisted. But before you visit them, read up on the 8 essential things your wedding photographer wants you to know to get to know your wedding photographer and his profession better for a more productive meeting.
Feature Image: Charis and Joshua’s Captivating Pre-Wedding Photoshoot with Bloc Memoire Photography
All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeBrides.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram for the latest article and promotion updates!