Singaporebrides | Essentials
DIY Tutorial – Confetti Fringe Wedding Ang Bao Box
Craft this DIY ang bao box and brighten up your wedding reception table with colourful confetti fringe!
Personalise your wedding ang bao box with this easy DIY, and craft a colourful confetti fringe covered one in whatever size you need! Choose crepe paper in your wedding colours to tie into your wedding theme.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Cardboard box
- Crepe or tissue paper in different colours
- Coloured paper
Time taken: 20 minutes
Average cost: $5
1. Draw a slot for the ang baos in the middle of your cardboard box’s top side. Make it about 10 to 14 cm long, and at least 2 mm wide. Cut out the slot using a metal ruler and a penknife.
2. Cut your coloured crepe paper into 1-inch wide strips, then cut fringe along one edge.
Tip! Crepe paper usually comes folded into its packet. Just cut off 1 inch from the roll for a really long strip. Fold that strip into a manageable thickness and cut the fringe in layers.
3. Assemble the ang bao box, and glue on your confetti fringe, slightly overlapping the layers and alternating colours.
4. Cut out your coloured paper to fit the top of the ang bao box, and use your penknife to cut out a matching slot in the middle.
5. Glue on the paper to the top of the box.
You’re done! Your DIY ang bao box is confetti-fringed up and ready to be filled with the blessings of your wedding guests. Kind of like a blessing-filled piñata, we think!
All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeBrides.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram for the latest article and promotion updates!