Yvonne Creative

mehmeh_lim

hi Josl,

Maybe u can do tt sort of housekeeping? Tt's the purpose rite? I think veryvery infrequent YC brides, can be off the chart? Maybe see what do the rest feel?

Hhaha, i think u need to post the chart & they can fill u in with the relevant details lah. They must know what info to offer mah, unless u want to dig thru the archives & piece everything together lah

asura

hi Mehmeh,

Can use my AD gown in the PS cos I have already chosen the gown. Feng Jie said that after the PS, all my gowns would be stored at Yvonne's place until it is time for me to re-fit and alter. (Actually during the PS, I noticed that the EG and WG requires a lot of alteration but it might be too early for alteration now.)

asura

Hi Josl,

Yah... am so glad that the church wedding is over already. there were so many inputs before that wedding that it was so difficult for me to concentrate on studying for my exams (which was a week after my wedding)

With one item off the list, the AD would be so much more relaxing.. meanwhile, i got to start booking for my honeymoon..
happy.gif

asura

Hi Mehmeh,

Got the photos from Yow Siang yesterday. very well taken. Cant wait to post it up but I got to find a good website for me to put up the photos. intending to expand the collections in future so I need to find one with a large storage. Maybe i should set up a blog

mehmeh_lim

hi Asura,

Oh when u refer to AD, u mean the customary huh? heehee, i blurblur here.. Hmm, so during the PS, the gowns didn't fit too well?

Oooh, u love his pix too! hahah, phew, i so scared after i recommended u to him & u might get disappointed.. heehee! Oh u missed out my earlier msg on which site is gd.

www.fotopic.net: U have very huge storage space. If u dun want public access, u can have a password & email together with the link when u invite ppl to view. And ur frens need not have to sign up to view the pix, which is what i like over SnapFish & Kodak..

Many YC brides have used this platform, ahem after my recommendation! hahah, www.multiply.com. It's a site which really has unlimited storage of pix, but u can only upload max of 150 pix per mth. U can also have journal entries.. In short, this platform is veryvery user frenly. I used it to journal the wedding preps & wedding itself. Maybe u sign up & let us know what ur ID is & we will add u?

asura

Hi mehmeh,

Thanks for your recommendation. Yup, when i mean AD, i meant the customary... but both my church and AD WG are OTR... so I have no idea why she din want to lend me my church WG for the PS. Anyway, not a big problem with me cos Yow Siang took a lot of nice photos for me too.

Would go to look and check out the websites to decide. Definitely would inform all of you when i sign up..
happy.gif

Merry Christmas to everyone!

mehmeh_lim

hi Asura,

heheh, ur case is very unique, so gotta make sure i get the full pix. Truly, i also wonder why u can't use the church WG for the PS. But nvm, like u said, u've got gd memories captured by Yow Siang. U didn't want to use the same WG for the customary huh?

U're most welcome on the recommendations.. Blessed Christmas to u too!

mehmeh_lim

heyhey Cheery,

Wow, haven't heard fr u in awhile.. Is ur HB back in town oredi? Hope he is so tt u 2 can spend the 1st Christmas as husband & wife
happy.gif

sha08ron

Hi all,

I'm sourcing for a good BS and i'm thinking of YC. any comments? i actually signed up with EB but after the bad comments, i thought would b better off if i switch.

mehmeh_lim

hihi Cheery,

All's fine on my side, though still adjusting with staying with my ILs. But i guess they are also adjusting to me lah..
I just came back fr the 2nd HM fr Perth.. heeehee, just in time for the festive season! Not much plans for the 1st Christmas together, i think we're a fairly boring couple, heheheh, but busying ourselves with prep for a fren's wedding on Boxing day
happy.gif

U have a blessed Christmas!

Hi Sharon,

How much deposit have u placed with EB? If it's a small amt, less than $500, i think it wld be better to forgo tt amt.. If u're very particular abt gown quality & service, i suggest u give them a miss. I was in the same situation as u were & i am a very happy YC bride. My sis had used EB & thru her experience i knew how EB's quality & service & top-ups are like, tt really turned me off. I am very particular abt the quality of materials used for gowns & their style of photography is really run-of-the-mill, quite Taiwanese. But becoz i placed a huge deposit with them, i did only indoor PS with them with tt deposit. I did however show the photographer the styles i wanted & told him what i didn't like, so the indoor PS turned out not bad.

So far, apart fr my sis who used EB, had a fren who had used them too. Sad to say, compared to YC & other BSs, EBs quality of stuff is quite low grade. Their french lace is not as exquisite, if u're intending to use for ur gowns

Think u shd pop by & have a feel of both EB & YC gowns to really see the difference. I can safely say tt in YC, u dun have to MTM a WG & find gorgeous OTR gowns tt wld sweep u off ur feet. This also means cost savings. EB may also charge extra for ur MTM if u intend to have embroidery or lace. This however is not the practice in YC, no matter the amt & how elaborate ur design is, u just top-up a std amt for a MTM.

The part i can't tolerate most abt EB is tt when it comes to selection of pix for the album & selecting how the album is done, lotsa & lotsa top-ups wld be required. $65 for 15R, and if it's going to be digital i think each wld cost $80 or $85?? Tt's sky high! So if u're going to have 20 pix done digitally, u're paying 20 x $20 = $400? This is not so for YC though. So long as u select 45 pix, sufficient to do a mag album, u just pay for the additional pix u select. There's no design fee at all..

huiling

hallo mehmeh!

well I chose my nick...er...it just came to me lor. wahhahaha.

Yep hurricadia is good! I like terence's style. Fell in love with his photos the moment I saw his portfolio. actually I changed my wedding date for him! cuz he couldn't fly back from UK in time, but i was determined to have him shooting my wedding! wahahahha, that's a first yeah?
anyway my photos are ready! got some uploaded. more coming later will share again. In the meantime, have PM you the link.

my colleague ar...not sure what are her plans. for the moment, she is doing it as a hobby.

huiling

Mehmeh!

just realised you dun accept PM! why ar? what is your email address?

Angelight? you want to see the real album or online version?

josl

hi asura,

glad u have a wonderful ROM,post ur pics in multiply,which most of us are already there.
happy.gif
How did ur exam go?

HM ar, its such a long way more,dun think the booking is out yet .

hi mehmeh,

yeah i will take them out, but after they pop out how hmm..

hi cheery,

great to see u!
happy.gif
come in more often leh..

mehmeh_lim

hi girl ren yu,

U actually changed the date for Terence? Wow! Not fr DK ah? heheheh.. Looking fwd to viewing the pix. I dun accept PM, coz the email add linked to the PM is spammed badly. U can email to this add: [email protected]

Maybe if i go into wedding planning after the bond & ConnectPlan, i wld ask u again on ur colleague lah.. heheh

Hi Josl,

I know, tt's the controversial part hor? Hmm.. Let's see what the rest have to say abt it too

asura

Hi Josl,

Had my exam when i was really sick. ANyway, cant do anything about it but wait and pray for a pass (results only out in Feb).

I am considered late in my HM booking already as my trip is going to be self-drive. Am on budget so need to book motels at the canadian rockies and other small towns, which are limited in numbers. The only problem is that i cant finalise on my trip itinery yet. Would have to start booking the motels once i finalise the details.

asura

Hi Mehmeh and Josl,

Have set up a website in multiply. Now working on loading the photos up and redesigning my blog. Would let you have my link once i am done with posting.
happy.gif

This is so fun... can finally set up a blog!

josl

hi asura,

Oh no, u fell ill after ur AD,dun worry u will be able to make it!
happy.gif

Woah, u 2 really know how to enjoy ur HM,me n my hubby not the kind who will drive, juz be lazy n join package tours.
happy.gif

OKie okie, will look forward to ur blogs and pics.Have a wonderful xmas!
happy.gif

sha08ron

thanks mehmeh for your advice. i've placed a $388 deposit with EB. I went to the shop at Suntec w/o appt last wk and the m'sian salesgal there was very cold towards me and my hubby and not particularly helpful. i asked to see the gowns tt they have, she juz point to the row of wardrobe and said 'all the gowns are here'. then i had to ask for the portfolio and she reluctantly brought out a few to show us. really regretted signing up with them. with so many ppl signing up with them, i dun expect they can provide personalised svc. i'm afraid it'll be a mass production kinda thing... i'm seriously considering to change. on the invoice they scribbled, its stated that i can change to rom pkg should i decide not to take on their pke. i hope they fulfil their promise and not ask me to top up more $$. can i check how much is YC's pkg?

huiling

hallo mehmeh ve already sent you the link. ya thinking of going into wedding planning? still two years more to go before any decision? I'm thinking of going into dress business
happy.gif
haha, we can talk again after next year.

mehmeh_lim

hi Sharon & Dreymin,

I had this posted earlier on & is now archived..

hi Patek,

Here's the info, hopefully updated though.. Maybe the other BTBs wld be of more help

Prices of package may vary based on when u sign up. I signed in Oct 2004 & did so as walk-in customer. Package items are more attractive when u sign up with them during their bridal shows

The basic starts at $2988
WG & EG are OTR
1 teadress/Kua OTR
2 Suits for groom
1 pair of pants MTM
2 fresh flower bouquets
4 MU (1 trial, 1 PS & 1AD-Day & night)
2 suits for dads
21 15R or 25 10R
16 x 20 or 3-in-1 8R portrait
4R loose pix
1 mini album
Car Deco & entourage car deco ribbons

Hi Sharon,

I suggest u to make a switch.. If u're willing to forgo tt $388, i think u wld make urself a very happy bride! But if u dun want to waste tt deposit, u can try their ROM package.

Frankly why the scribbled in the invoice tt u cld pay so little & use for ROM, coz the sales person only wants to secure ur deal & earn her commission. Which honestly is meagre! But by her sales volumes, she prob can accumulate her commission..

Hi girl ren yu!

Okie pokie.. Me check the link later! hahah, so exciting!!
kao_clap.gif

I'm quite into the wedding planning, dress-making, car & church deco etcetc.. Anything abt weddings! Def will catch up with u again when our bond is over.. We're half way thru oredi! hahah

mehmeh_lim

hihi Josl,

I realised! I'm so upset... Since last nite!!! Have quite abit of stuff to share with u all

Seems like all sub-threads under Anything under the sun are also down.. Gee, wonder what's wrong too
kao_confused.gif

nanshee

hi dreymin .. definitely agreed with mehmeh
kao_biggrin.gif
.. YC is a good .. my package with them includes 3 MTM gowns - ROM, ACTUAL and EVENING .. and i really like their services and my gowns alot .. i have intro my frens .. about 5 frens are with YC and none complain so far ..
happy.gif
kao_wink.gif

there's another 2 next yr with YC as well ..
happy.gif

minssy

hi josl & mehmeh,

oh the rest in 'under the sun' is down too? sigh.. i was sooo fed up leh.. but someone managed to post something in our thread leh....

josl

hi mehmeh and minssy,

Ya loh the whole anything under the sun is down,gotta wait for CL to rectify it loh.At first i was thinking why u all disappear the last few days,until i realised it was down.

mehmeh_lim

hi ladies,

gd morning.. I'm feeling so exhausted after spending Christmas & Boxing day with my fren's car & church deco.. *yawn*

Hi Minssy,

I think she posted before the thread was down...We got to be patient man

Hi Nanshee & My Melody,

U ladies seldome come in here to chit chat with us.. Must do so more regularly yah? heehee, we're a bery cozy & chatty bunch

windcloud03

Hi everyone,

We finally took our indoor shots last Thu but was not able to take outdoors because of the weather. It was rather disappointing. Seeing the solemn look on our faces, the photographer and MUA (May) decided to give us another shot by re-doing a different hairstyle and asked us to do more poses. Not to mention the $80 postpone fee + 2 x $25 + $15 for the ampoure, we have to fix another time and clear day to do our outdoor. It's really stressful.

Regards
A & B

mehmeh_lim

hi A&B,

Hmm, maybe think of it in a positive light? Since u felt tt the expressions weren't quite what u were looking for, this 2nd chance is gd to offset the aspects u dun like at the ID sessions?

Why were u & ur FH so solemn looking? Worried abt the gloomy weather huh?

Hihi Minssy,

Me too... Now i can literally tap my fingers on the table-top to wait for things to happen

Hihi Josl,

I tried calling Kim, but i think she might be out of town. Let me try again later today k? I was thinking of going down this Fri.. U okie?

mehmeh_lim

hi A&B,

Hmm, maybe think of it in a positive light? Since u felt tt the expressions weren't quite what u were looking for, this 2nd chance is gd to offset the aspects u dun like at the ID sessions?

Why were u & ur FH so solemn looking? Worried abt the gloomy weather huh?

Hihi Minssy,

Me too... Now i can literally tap my fingers on the table-top to wait for things to happen

Hihi Josl,

I tried calling Kim, but i think she might be out of town. Let me try again later today k? I was thinking of going down this Fri.. U okie?

ammy_world

hi all,

Wanted to find out if transport for PS is provided for? (Or at least that was what I was told when I signed up with YC). Joyce was telling FH and me to drive on PS day as it would be more convienent. Is that the case for everyone? Feel "bullied" leh....

mehmeh: I found another contact that sells 3 hydrating ampoules for $20, some germany brand "Sensual" on the forum by this lady Ann. Does that sound ok? Thanks for your contacts but I wasn't able to drop by bugis as i stay and work up north of spore! How much did you get the ampoules for again?

cheers, ammy

windcloud03

Hi minssy,

Thanks for the consolation but I just feel that we could have done everything on the same day and one less worry off our minds.

Regards
A & B

windcloud03

Hi mehmeh,

Yes, gloomy weather really hard to predict but after this, we learn another invaluable lesson. We will check the weather forecast for the next round of shoots. We try to be positive but now it seems that we will plan slowly and hope the next one will be more interesting and enjoyable for us.

Regards
A & B

windcloud03

Hi ammy_world,

Dun get intimidated! Yes, they did asked us if we have transport. The reason given was that we can move around freely and to whichever locations we want to. Just tell them that you do not have a vehicle. Get them to provide transport. If you have locations to take, talk to the photographer. Usually it is fine.

Regards
A & B

nanshee

hi meh meh ..
will come more often since my AD is over last month.. super busy lei .. hey, you gals have a multiply site? i too hv .. is it ok if you add me in?? my nick in multiply is nanzjoe ..
kao_babydust.gif

hi A&B
no worry abt the retaking of pic .. my fren took abt 4 times to complete hers .. and the effects were so good cos they enjoyed themselves so much .. in the end, they develop lots of pics ..
kao_biggrin.gif

hi ammy_world
like what A&B mentioned, it's really more convenient to hv our own transport (if u hv) cos if there's always last min changes .. like mine .. we din go to our pre-planned area .. and with our own transport .. we actually covered more areas .. and we loved those places that our PG brought us to ..

ammy_world

Hi A&B,

Thanks for that! If I'm not wrong, your photographer is keno too? Just spoke to feng jie as joyce is on leave. Explained that its hard for us to get transport and she's going to help to arrange. Yay...really x3 relief....

When is your next PS anyways?
cheers,
ammy

jojijo

Hello gals....
I'm new to Spore Bride Forum..so might need a bit of advice from you gals...Just got my password...
I've just signed up with YC a few days ago....My friends recommended me...Heard many many good things abt them..
Can recommend any goof photographer and MUA? Hai...I also realised YC got no car on AD...

My first posting today..let's see whether can be uploaded....

ammy_world

Hi nanshee,

yah i guess having your own transport would definetly be much more flexible...but think we will stick to having YC's car arrangements. Where did your PG bring you too?
happy.gif

minssy

hi a & b,

no choice but well, so long as the photos are nice.. both of you all look fresh & happy, thats most impt..

hi jojijo,

PG: keno (funny), sky (artistic and more serious), alex (experienced but he is still relatively new so no comments. you can ask tweety)

MUA: dily is the ever most popular one..

no car? never mind ah.. i am sure one of the brothers or someone will have a car.. small matter..

windcloud03

Hi ammy_world,

No worries. Yes, our photographer is Keno. He seems to be enthusiatic initially but lost his zest somehow during the end of the indoor shoot. Maybe because we didn't manage to do the outdoor and he is at loss on how to make us smile. Then came this burly big man with pony tail (dun know his name though, is it Sky, the last one is Alex I think). He started to make us pose in some many amazing positions and made us laugh till our teeth are shown. Keno took the photos seriously, so there were 2 photographers...haha.

Our PS was postponed to yesterday but in the end I cancel it because the weather is not good...grey skies. Keno wanted the blue sky effect and he said since we are doing it only once in a lifetime and paying so much, we should do it good. I think our next outdoor shoot will be somewhere in Feb/Mar as both of us will be busy.

Regards
A & B

gerchea

hey A & B

remember me ... ah gal lah , i have my PS one after urs .. me too got to cancel mine OD shooting as well.. i have change it to Feb.. me too wanted good effect hehee so juz wait til the weather is good lor ...
happy.gif
although i am abit disappointed but at least keno did told me if i insisted to have it done on the same day, he can do it for me but the effect will be sky dark dark .. so might as well postphone it ..me too lah got to pay additional money for the MUA.

hey army
i got my ampoule from this gal cal Ann L . i bought one whole box from her .. heng leh cos not enuff for me if i buy only 3 ampoule , i will have my OD PS done on anther day due to bad weather. ops regarding the ampoule rite, Dily told me to put the ampoule at hme be4 i come for my shooting cos the ampoule i got from Ann is abit on the gel type . Wat dily have advice is to get water-based type of ampoule cos it will asborb more easily than the gel type ... hope this helps
happy.gif

hey mehmeh
u are bk .. ops, i will be updating my WG , u take a look for me okie .. hehhee anyway thxs for ur infos on ampoule , i got it from anther gal ..

hey nanshee
can i add u in my multiply ... i wan to see ur mei mei fotos
happy.gif

ammy_world

Hi gerchea,

hey thanks for your tips! It's probably the same gal, coz her email is also Ann L
happy.gif
Pardon my ignorance, but i thought one ampoule will last a day? Alittle confused at needing a box. Ann doesn't have the water-based type? So hers are only gel base? Oh dear.....do you happen to have her hp no?

thanks much!
ammy

jojijo

Wah...Looks like everybody knows everybody here...so fun..
I'm in trouble....my AD in June..Just booked YC yesterday. Planned to get all my dresses ready by end Dec(fat chance right?)...Hopefully no need MTM..Cos I'll be away on Business from Jan and back only in Feb.. No time..
sad.gif

Ampoule very expensive...If we get from outside, will MUA be upset? From gerchea, must get water based one..
happy.gif

I havent booked any PG and MUA yet....Just went in and signed and make appt for fittings..Rush rush..
Can't offer much advice....Cos I everthing also last min..Will update once I go for 1st fittings and talked to Feng Jie..
From signed to 1st fitting, less than 1 week..then probably intensive fitting till end Dec...hope I wont make YC folks mad...