Yvonne Creative

A

ah eng

hi knowing,
yvonne introduced my photographer as xiao liang to me and at that time, he just joined yc ....

aimee
angie is dily's sister and she had just taken makeup as her profession 2 years back on dily's advice ....so dily will be more experienced ....as far as i know dily might hv bout 10 yrs experience cos my sis-in-law make up was done by her too and tat was mayb 7 years back...

aimee

Hi knowing,

Angie, Dily's sister. Make-up is too red. She was telling is for the actual day make-up. I was like wah... like those chinese opera singer leh.
crazy.gif
Probably, i normally wear light make-up that's y not used to it.

Fengjie promote her that she is gd in hairdo and they ask me to cut-out magazine to show her what kind of make-up i prefer.

My first make-up artist is li li ru. She is no gd also. Too much emphasis on the eye-shadow, lipstick doesn't match.
sad.gif

I won't be going for another round of trial make-up. The trial make-up with Angie is $35.00. Hubby finds that she is better than the 1st one. Just that the eye shadow and lipstick too red. Don't think wil chg again lah. Hubby is goin to say i veri frickle minded.
uhoh.gif

Hi Ah Eng,

I suay leh, wanted dily but only able to get angie. Fengjie told me they are from the same master. PS is 2 weeks later, very worried. I have cut-out alot of magazine ready to show her on the day.
lame.gif

cowie

Hi knowing,
From my understanding, Ah Liang was already with YC a few years ago (I think that was when he took ah eng's photos
happy.gif
)....then he left for Taiwan.... after he came back from Taiwan, he was with YC again (that was when he took mine
wink.gif
)..... Hope the mystery is now solved
lame.gif
lol.gif

Hi all,
Based on my experience, the make-up may look quite thick on the face when you look at it....but you have to consider the lighting etc when taking the photos.... Friends commented that my make-up look very natural in photos when I thought it looked pretty thick close up.

A

ah eng

amiee,

dun worry .....phototaking make up is always much thicker than ur normal day make up ....but u must still be comfy with the colours ....insist to go softer on the colours abit ....else i think they can always touch up ur photos later ...

I was not very confident with dily make up during the trial ...same feeling of the thick make up ...but the photos came out to be good!!

knowing

Hi Aimee
I think i will stick w Dily since alot of good feedbk for her
happy.gif

my ps end of next mth leh
my wedding Feb, YC said can make it on time

Hi Cowie
oic cos tht time i booked my pkg Dean is nt w YC

cowie

Hi Knowing,
Yup, same case for me too. But I checked with Yvonne why she changed to Ah Liang and she told me the story
wink.gif

A

ah eng

hi cowie,

i think u have solved the mystery ....now that i remember that my sister wanted ah liang as her photographer too but that time ah liang had left for taiwan ....thnx!!!

aimee

Hi Knowing,

Ur PS also next mth huh? where hv u in mind for the PS? i m still cracking my head. Saw two of Xiao Cai's album, both also at Marina South. I wonder is he suggest the pl or the couples chosen themselves. Since Xiao Cai is fr Msia, i wonder if he knows Sinapore has any nice pl for the PS. Or do we hv to come out with the pl?
uhoh.gif

knowing

HI aimee
u jus tell Xiao Cai what's yr preference he can suggest to u some places
like i told him i like nature, lalang, seaside
he suggests Changi side
I am ok w it cos i dun like bldgs

so u saw two album hw u find them?

aimee

Hi Knowing,

Juz normal, not realli impressive as ah liang. Hope to c more of his works. I have yet to see him in person, need to talk to him about my preference also. PS is in two weeks time. I hv some pl in mind, like labrador park, sungei buloh and old shop houses at Joo Chiat. Must see what he says.

knowing

Hi aimee
YC shld have arranged u to meet up Xiao Cai soon to discuss abt yr ps
have u selected all yr ps gowns?

aimee

Hi knowing,

this sun going down to finalise the WG. My MTM EG is not not even sew. Fengjie wants me to try on a similar design but not the colour I prefer. She said that I must be comfortable with design first before MTM. She gave me a feeling that hope I can choose all my gowns OTR. But my package is MTM for both gowns. I have already chosen WG OTR. Do not wish to choose the EG OTR also. And I cannot find my favourite colour also.
sad.gif

I m very worried that my EG cannot complete in time. Feng jie promised that she would be able to rush out before 9th. That means this two weeks I have go down to YC frequently. If my EG is not made, then I will ask my postpone of the PS. Frankly, I do not like last min preparation

crystal

hi tee & knowing
I will try to talk to Yvonne this weekend but chances very slim.

BTW, has anyone engage YC' s actual day photographer & videographer?
How's the work & service?
Is the price resaonable?

knowing

Hi aimee

Hmm u shld insist u want MTM cos that's stated in yr pkg.....
actually i am headache abt my gowns dun know which one to choose thot of mtm but nw think time is nt enough, i didn't know tt yr mtm gown is nt ready..when's yr big day

Hi Crystal
maybe u shld give xiaocai a chance by lookin at his recent works
if u feel u still prefer Dean have a gd talk w Yvonne see hw much extra u have to pay if a few hundreds more maybe u can consider

as for actual day photographer at YC, my gf engaged before but i think nt cheap according to her overall her photos plus developing $500plus
but i forgot to ask her hw many rolls
cos i dun intend to engage them at the moment

tee

Hi ! Crystal,
hopefully, u can have Dean as your photographer. :)

Hi! Knowing,
I tok S$500+ already very cheap, I found out from Nick Goh, Ray Ong etc all more than that ley... let me know if you find a cheaper one as my budget also very tight :)

A

ah eng

blurblur,
of course i can remember lah ....u blurblur forget oredi ??? ....and i oso know who u r!!! ....a mother of one ..right ?? ...want to go shopping with me ??....heehee

aimee

Hi knowing,

I have tried a simlar new OTR WG which Yvonne has designed for my MTM WG. It doesn't look nice on me so I dont' mind to choose my WG OTR. But I will insist my EG to be MTM as stated in my package. My big day is in Mar. Just worried that it won't be ready for my PS on the 9th.
sad.gif

Hi all,

I have engaged Yew Kwang as my acutal day photographer. His rate is $500 for 8 rolls.
proud.gif

knowing

Hi aimee
Dun worry too much
If they promise they can they shld
like my ps is end of dec
i asked them before my wedding in Feb can be ready
they said no problem
yrs in Mar shld have more time than me
happy.gif

same w my gf fm YC she is using Yew Kwang too
actually i did consider Yew Kwang cos he is my gf's hubby's buddy (v confusing huh)
& my gf said his skills are good
but too bad he's alreadi book on my Wedding day
so i am still sourcing around

knowing

Hi Tee
Cos i find the inhse photographer nt so professional so i may as well get outside freelance one better
if u want i can give u some contacts i have
but i have nt go down n view their portfolio yet
all are thru friends recommend
one of them is Xiao cai recommend one & my gf also recommend the same one

aimee

Hi Knowing,

Really hope that they can make it. Hv you tried Choon Huat? Saw alot of gd comments about him in other threads. Too bad he is not within my budget.

happy.gif

knowing

Hi aimee
yahloh alot of my gfs told me he's good
hw much he charge?
i nt willing to spend too much on actual day photography hee hee

tee

Hi knowing,
Tks ! no need the contact 'cos anyway my wedding is in May, never mind lar, still can ask you which photographer you choose :) as yours is in Feb

aimee

Hi Knowing,

I cannot remember leh. I think is $850 for 8 rolls lah. I also cannot afford to spend too much, that's y choose Yew Kwang. He also do journalistic. I shld consider myself lucky to b able to book Yew Kwang.

wink.gif

N

naive-pal

Hi all YC brides

Does MTM means YC will start from scratch and sew a new gown for me?

My contract stated that I'm entitled to 1 MTM either WG or EG. But for both of the gowns, they showed me what they already have in the store and just made some amendements to it so that it will fits me better, does that still consider as MTM or am I being treated unfairly here?

Can someone explain to me, I'm very new here and is quite confused. If the gown is MTM, it should not be coming from behind the store right? (which means someone has already worn it before??) It should not even be there as they have not even taken my measurement yet, so like tat consider MTM meh?

Thank in advance to all brides here.

aimee

Hi naive-pal,

MTM means it is made to measure according to yr measurements. Those that are taken fr store is consider off the rack. U shld voice out to Yvonne about your concern, she wld b to help you.

tee

Hi naive-pal,

or do they mean that if OTR you can't find anything, then they give you MTM ?

I agree with aimee, should ask Yvonne.

aimee

Hi gals,

Those who r going to hv your PS. May I knowwill YC alter the OTR WG to your measurements for the PS. I went down yesterday, Yvonne told me that they won't alter the WG for MY PS, probably they will use pin. The bustier top is quite loose when I tried.

M

mialeng

Hello everybody

Wow! it's been quite a while since I log in here, so happening!!

Me and hubby went down to YC recently to take a look at the works of the new photographer. He's pretty good, his skills can fight with Ah Liang, no doubt Ah Liang is very chatty and friendly, we have yet to meet up with the new guy, but I guess he's just as easy-going as Ah Liang.

Hope every YC brides have a wonderful photography experience with the new photo-man.

Cheers
Mialeng

aimee

Hi knowing,

May I know your WG MTM or OTR? May I know for OTR gown, does YC alter to your size for PS. They r not goin to alter mine. I don't really the idea cos during PS, it may turn out awful in the pic.

knowing

Hi aimee
mine is otr WG
fm what i know they are altering the gowns for me for my photoshoot
isn't that the case??
except one gown for the seaside they are nt altering for me, but i chose one tt fits me quite well

aimee

Hi Knowing,

I hv checked with Yvonne. They will actually sew from the back if it is too loose cos our back will b covered by the veil. They will only do the atually alteration after i hv comfirmed which 1 i wan for my actual day cos i reserved 2 bustier for PS. One of the top is quite loose.

I find it's weird. If they are going to take pic of our back, will they sew from the front?
angry.gif

So u decided not chg yr make-up artist? Where will you be going for your PS.
happy.gif

How's yr search of the actual day photographer?

tee

Dear aimee,

I think they will know how to alter it.
got to tell them it's too loose, otherwise ......

when is your PS ? and e it xiao cai your photographer ?

aimee

Dear Knowing,

Fengjie assured me that she will be doing the alteration for me. She said no worry. My photographer is Xiao Cai. Mayb Dean's work really impresses me, therefore, I find Xiao Cai' so so. Keeping my finger cross. My PS is on 9th Dec. What about yours? I hv chged to another make-up artist. No trial make-up this time. Hope she is gd.

tee

Hi ! aimee,

I'm Tee lah, not knowing, anyway, my PS is in Jan 03, i do not know my make-up artist yet, who will be your make-up artist ? where are you going to take your photos ? have you met xiao cai ? How is he ? friendly ?

knowing

Hi aimee

My PS is end of Dec if nt wrong 28th Dec Sat
I think Xiao Cai still has room for improvemt loh..
which makeup artiste u change to??

Hi Tee
Xiao Cai is friendly dun worry
happy.gif

aimee

Hi Tee,

Sorry sorry ..... maloo..... pai sey pai sey !!!
embarrassed.gif

Wanted to go Sungei Buloh but is far. Not sure if there is enough time. Need to seek Xiao Cai advice cos I hv yet to speak to him. Hope to explore some new places. He seems to like to go marina south to do the PS. I don't really like it. I do agree with Knowing, Xiao Cai still has rm for improvement.
sad.gif

Hi Knowing and Tee,

Actually, I hv already resume my fate of using Angie cos Dily is fully booked. I was not really satisfied with Angie but did not dare to ask for another chg cos very pai seh. Yvonne has arrange Ponnie Hsu for me though I did not ask for any. I was surprised and happy.
bounce.gif
happy.gif

But how's Ponnie's skill? I did not hv any trial make-up, hope that it is as nice as those show in the bridal magazines.
wink.gif

observer

Hi there

Suspect some of the messages are not posted by YC brides. Beware of some bogus messages posted by YC or at their request.

knowing

Hi observer
there;s possibility of insiders in every thread
so dun bother abt them
hee hee

Hi aimee
what's special abt Sungei buroh can share w me??
so i believe i better use Dily since she's so HOT

aimee

Hi knowing,

It's a nature reserve for bird watching and there's some mangrove plantation there. I wanted something more nature thought Sungei Buloh mayb suitable though i hv not been there. You saw the poster besides the store at YC, it's sungei buloh.

Yvonne is quite discouraging about goin there. She saids there lots of mosquitoes and lizards. Got to seek Xiao Cai's opinion.

I hv not seen any brides here use Ponnie. Hope that she is gd.

tee

Hi aimee & knowing,

i tok PS can go 2 places ? me & my hubby tok of going to Raffles Marina at Tuas, but we have to pay $ to the club, still thinking of places where have lots of green...

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Knowing,

Just to let you know that Observer had made similar postings in 9 other boutique and 2 hotel threads on Monday which we had removed.

Anyway, just ignore posting by Observer.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

tee

Hi aimee,

I think we should go to the place and take a look 1st before decide cos the place might change a bit here and there hor.

aimee

Hi Tee,

You r right about taking a look there first but my hubby don't, drive cannot go. May hv to drop the idea of going there. It seems that s'pore has ltd places. Yvonne suggested Sentosa to me. Can go there but i want to skip the beaches.

tee

Hi aimee,

me tok of Senosa too, there got green and blue, but i feel like everyone from the pass went there to take photo, like very common. should find some new places, but what you say is correct, singapore has limited places. I don't like building, so me also headache of where to go for PS.

aimee

Hi Tee,

It is really a headche. My hubby suggested to go changi beach to capture planes landing. i wanted something uncommon. I don't want ppl see my album c say where is this pl or where is that pl.