Yvonne Creative

jojo

Hi Blur like sotong,

YC has a comprehensive range of packages which ranges from solely off-the-rack, to made-to-measure packages.

I personally took the made-to-measure package as I am slightly on the bigger side. However, I was able to select gowns from off-the-rack for my photo shoot as well. Yvonne helped me to choose gowns which goes with my size...also, she helped me in decisions with the gown design, so on and so forth.
happy.gif

I would definitely recommend YC if you ask me. Do pop down to their shop at The Plaza at Beach Road. However, they are closed on Tuesdays. Do call beforehand to make an appointment with Yvonne personally so that she can attend to your needs. Overall, I find them very accomodating and not pushy at all.
happy.gif

Here's to wishing you all the best in your wedding preps.
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Blur like sotong,

I will be getting married this Sunday and I must say that my experience with YC is so far so good
happy.gif
Can take a look at the picture on the home page of Singapore Brides. That's me and my hubby. The photo is taken by Dean, the in-house photographer at YC
happy.gif

The package I took entitle me to either EG or WG MTM. But I am not familiar with the latest package prices. I booked last year, sorry.....

knowing

Hi Cowie & the rest

I have selected my wedding gown
bt I like 2 gowns, one the top part is nicer
n the other one the bottom part is nicer w
all organza & both are bustier tops
I have choosen the latter
nt sure if Yvonne can let me shortlist 2 gowns or
nt?

I told Yvonne yesterday abt yr photo being put at the front page of SB forum, Yvonne v happy & immediately open the webpage n see
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Knowing..... really, must ask Yvonne if she wants to pay me advertisment fees!
biggrin.gif

Have you tried asking Yvonne if she will reserve the 2 gowns for you first until you make a final decision?

knowing

Hi Cowie
Yah huh, I should have asked her to reserve 2 for me, maybe i call her later...thxs for yr suggestion

So hw are u feeling nw? Excited?
Wishing you a blissful marriage.

cowie

Hi Knowing,

Yup, excited....but very tired leh... just cannot get myself to go to bed early
lame.gif
Thanks for your well-wishes
happy.gif

knowing

Hi Cowie
I called YC & asked Fengjie to reserve the 2 gowns for me
happy.gif

Try to read books before sleeping to make yrself sleepy & doze off early, cos u really need beauty rest during this period

Did u choose the magazine style photo album
my gf did .... but x huh

snowcat

Hi gals,
So glad to see this thread alive again. Right now I'm reno my flat, so no time to think abt wedding.

Juz wondering, is Xiao Mei still in YC? The last time I overheard her wanting to quit.

Cowie, u look great in the pic!!!

snowcat

I've got some questions. My wedding is in May 03. When do u think Yvonne will call me to come for first appt to design gown? When should be the bridal shoot? Do I have to call Yvonne or she will call me?

Cowie, who did ur makeup?

Gals, any good makeup artist in YC to recommend? Other than Eileen that is....

pinky

Hi snowcat,

welcome back. Xiao Mei already left. right now they got a new designer call Shef and another photograher assistant call Jean, i think.

My makeup artist was Dily Ng. Not bad lor i think.

cutie

Hi snowcat,

My wedding is in June 03. I've already had my 1st appointment on 9/9. Cos i kiasu called them up to fix appointment...
lame.gif

Maybe they are too busy that they forgot? Do give them a call.

cowie

Hi Snowcat,
Thanks. If you are worried, you can always call up and check with them when is an appropriate time for you to meet up with them
wink.gif

My make-up was done by Eileen
happy.gif

snowcat

Hi Cowie,
During my ROM, my makeup was done by Eileen. I found that she talk alot.... so dun really feel very comfortable with her. Maybe I might try Dily Ng. But I have to admit that Eileen is very experienced.

I'm quite busy right now with my house reno, maybe I will call them in Nov/Dec. Do u think it will be too late?

aimee

Hi all,

Would like to seek your advice. I have actually book my actual day make-up artist during my 1st appointment. Do you think I can still chg 2 another one?
uhoh.gif

I have used Li Li Ru during my ROM. Hubby finds her skills is avg, he doesn't really like the hair-do done by her. Do you have anyone to recommend? I think most of you here either use Dily or Eileen? I hardly came across anyone using Li Li Ru.
crazy.gif

Yvonne has mentioned that Li Li has just return from Taiwan after some make-up training. She thinks that I should give another try and communicate to her the hairdo i prefer. But I don't even know what kind of hairdo i prefer. Pls help...
bounce.gif
sad.gif

Thanks
aimee

nov

Hi aimee,

My photoshoot was done by her. I didn't like one of my hairdo. But the rest were ok. If you dun like what she did, you should tell her not to do it the next time.

jojok

Hi,

I wld like to find out more abt YC gowns & photos. R they more of taiwanese style or ??? May intend to make a visit sometime this week.

Could some of u pls. share some views abt their gowns, photos & service. Thanks.

cutie

Hi jojok,

Sorry for the late reply.

I dun tink their style is taiwanese. If it is, I'll definitely not sign up wif them.

I like Ah Liang's (the photographer) works. He's very passionate abt his work and i like the photos he's taken. See whtr u can talk to him. You'll be influenced by his enthusiasm.

The service by YC is good. For me, service is a very important factor for consideration when i want to buy something. YC staff is not pushy and they are very friendly. Will make u feel at ease.

My designer is Shef and we can communicate well. She knows what kind of gowns i like and offers me ideas and suggestions.

Anyway, they will b hvg new gowns in Oct so the variety will be more.

Hope that helps! Need my help just let me know!

Cheers!

jojok

Hi Cutie,

Thanks 4 sharing ur views. Will go down & hve a look.

Have a great weekend & happy mooncake festival !

M

mialeng

Hi Ladies,

I went down to Yvonne recently for my 1st appt, and couldn't find anything to my liking, does anyone here knows by which appt must I be able to confirm my gown with them? As my appt for that day was rather late in the evening, I actually dare not try too many gown as it's 'eats into' their closing time, do you girls think I can do down to try the gowns again?

knowing

Hi mialeng
jus tell Yvonne the fact u can't find any & ask her to arrange another date for u to go for trying

M

mialeng

Hi knowing,

thanks for replying me so soon, may i oso ask u, how many gowns are we allowed to wear/change for the photo-shoot? and whether i can wear my MTM WG for the outdoor photography. The OTR WG are quite limited, I was wondering if they have so many brides that come and go, where are all these gowns that I can oso try on.

I am worried that if I can't find any suitable OTR WG for my photo-shoot and just depend on my MTM one, dun u think my album will be very dull, showing only just my MTM gown?

Sorrie if I'm so long-winded, cos I have a very "hard to dress" body size, that caused me so much trouble.

What bout yourself, u already have a lot of experience with Yvonne ?? Have u chosen your gown?? Wanna tell me more?

Cheers!

mialeng

knowing

Hi mialeng

Dun worri too much
give yrself time to choose
if dun have anythin u like u can tell Yvonne
when's there are new gowns
I have shortlisted 2 WGs bt I still want to try
new ones if there are
happy.gif

MTM gowns are not supposed to bring out during photoshoot cos u may dirty yr gown or it may get damage when u go around taking photos

I dun have alot of experience bt i have 2 gfs w YC, I am the one who recommended them there & one had completed her photo sessions & have upgraded her photos to magazine style, another one jus went for her photos shooting...

as for yr album there will be a huge variety for u to choose, cos u can choose kwa, country costumes, yr mtm gown, yr evening gown etc etc...

M

mialeng

Dear Knowing

Hi, thanks for the info, guess I have to call up Yvonne personally and let her know are my concerns.

Oop, boss here already, chat with you again soon.

Have a nice day at work.

Cheers
Mialeng

confused

Hi i really needs advise from your gals.
Have you heard of Preious Moment - any feedback to share?
Dun know to take PS or Yvonne Creation.
Thanks

C

cutie22

Hi Confused,

Cant help u here cos nvr heard of any comments abt Precious Moments. It just shifted to Thomson rite?

Y dun u read the comments under the Precious Moments thread?

Hv u gone down to YC yet? Need help let me know.

Cheers!

cowie

Hi Confused,
I dun think I can help you much where Precious Moments is concern cos I do not have any experience with it. But I can share with you my personal encounter with YC though. I just got married 2 weeks back and my entire wedding preps process with YC was a positive one
happy.gif
I was with them right from before my ROM. ROM gown selection, WG design, EG selection, photoshoot, wedding proper all went on very well.
happy.gif

Do let me know if you need any help where YC is concern. Will do my best to assist
happy.gif

B

blur_like_a_sotong

Hi Cowie

Remember mi "Blur_like_a_sotong"??I have juz gone to YC few days ago, my FH was impressed by the in-house photographer (photo in mag style) and he wanted to sign up with YC. I think i would go down this week to place deposit. Decided to choose the $2998 package.

Check with you, is Ah Liang = Dean?? Ah Liang told mi that there will be another photographer coming to join YC in October, and if we want him to be our photographer, we have to place booking fee.. so i want to confirm whether Ah Liang = Dean (dun want to get the wrong person)

cowie

Hi Blur_like_a_sotong,
Phew....that is a long nick
crazy.gif
. You're right, Ah Liang = Dean
happy.gif
Find him really good
happy.gif
Hope that you are aware that the mag style photo is an additional cost on top of your package. Somewhere along the line of another $2000. But I do agree that it is very impressive and do go for it if it is within your budget
happy.gif

If you are taking the $2988 package do seriously consider the posting Blue has just above. I am sure Yvonne will honour you everything that should be there in the package and even whatever extras Blue had bargained for
wink.gif
. All the best
happy.gif

woodstock

Dear Cowie,

Thanks for assurance you have given to Blur_like_a_sotong.

Dear Blur_like_a_sotong,

You can go to "Marketplace & Exchange Corner" forum under the thread of "Yvonne Creative Bridal Package for Transfer". Details of the package are listed there. You can email me at [email protected] if you need further information.

I have spoken to Yvonne in person and she has no problems with me transferring the package. This is because I have been frank to Yvonne about my financial problems and she is understanding about it.

M

mialeng

Hi Knowing,

I went down to Yvonne again and this time round, dear fengjie was there to help me choose my WG and EG, I'm really glad that there are actually gowns for my "hard to pleased" figure.

Before going down I was actually feeling blue and weary, so scared got no gown to fit me again, but now, Wow I got so many choices and I don't know which gown to reserve :)

So girls out there, fear not, just let YC know what your concerns are and they will come up with really good suggestions and ideas.

Any my special thanks for fengjie, for being so patient, understanding and helpful. Cheers!!!

Really lucky to have chosen YC at the bridal exhibition, no regret man.

Mialeng

knowing

HI Mialeng
V glad u found the gown u like
Yah YC is v accommodating we have to voice out n they will try their v best to help
me v fickle minded may want to go YC to try more wedding gowns for my actual day can't decided which one to choose
Yup Fengjie is v v patient & nice lady Yvonne is lucky to have her
WHen's yr big day?

cowie

Hi Mialeng,
Yup, I had very good experience with Fengjie also
happy.gif
She was also the one who tied the deco for my wedding car.....very good job
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi aimee,
You aware that you can ask to see their works? YC has some sample photo albums done up by their free-lance actual day photographers. Sorry, unable to help you further cos I did not use them.

M

mialeng

Hi knowing

Same here, me oso very fickle minded type, joke to my hubby whether I can rent all the gowns I liked and change it every hour for my big day. Ha ha, like fashion show.

O my biG dAy in March 2003, what bout you?? When will u be having your photography sessions?? May I know who will be doing your make-up? Mine is Dily, have not met her yet.

Hi Cowie
R u the pretty lady on the home page of Singaporebrides.com this month? Both u and your hubby look just great, so natural and sweet. Congratulation to the both of you.

Fengjie oso doing car decoration as well? Wow!!she's super-woman, really must book her for car deco then. But I personally think that Mercs, model 200 E125 quite old fashioned, may I know are u using this model as well? did it turn out to be fantastic after the car deco?

Ok ladies, chat wif you soon. Me better get back to work now. C Ya!!

Cheers
Mialeng

aimee

Hi Cowie,

Thnks for the info. Actually wanted to souce for other photographers but most of them are out of my budget. I m only looking @ $500-$600. Really a headache to me.
crazy.gif

aimee
bounce.gif

cowie

Hi Mialeng,
blush.gif
Yup, that's us on the home page. Thanks. But I think all the credit goes to Ah Liang and Eileen (my make-up artist)
happy.gif
They did a really good job in transforming us
lol.gif

Heehee, no need to book lah...from what I know, Fengjie does all the car decos. Nope, I didn't use their Merc.... Personally I don't quite fancy Merc... I used a Camry instead
happy.gif
Yup, really like the car deco on the Camry
happy.gif

Hi aimee,
Do note that for these free-lance photographers, their service fee may appear cheaper but you have to pay for the photos based on how many rolls they take for you that day. Other photographers may sound expensive, but they have already factored in the number of rolls of film which they will be taking for you. Do remember to take this into consideration okay? Oh, also...for the portfolios of the free-lance photographers that you see, if you are interested in the photographs taken by anyone, do make sure you request for that exact photographer. Otherwise, you may just get another person who is available on your big day. Hope this helps
happy.gif
This is just my two cents worth. Ultimately, you must be comfortable with your own decision
happy.gif

knowing

Hi Mialeng

My weddin is on Feb
Going for my fitting of the mtm gown end of the mth, may be calling YC these few days to try out more gowns any new ones recently??

Photoshooting end of nov, personally talk to Ah Liang a few times, he's a v humble & professional photographer, & i think its impt to work w one who is can click w u...
my makeup is Dily too having my trial makeup end of this mth too...
my gf used Dily for her weddin too, & she told me Dily is good & she's getting married early Nov...

Hi Cowie
ANy actualday photographers to recommend
I have met O studio yesterday charges quite ok
bt then nt sure which photographer is good over there?

cowie

Hi Knowing,
Mine was done by Choon Huat of Fastsoup Photography. Find him very approachable, humble and very prompt in his response. Quite satisfied with his work too
happy.gif
I have checked out O Studio before...I saw the works of two of their free-lance photographers - Kim and Alvin. Personally prefer Alvin's work but have not met up with him before. But I met up with Choon Huat soon after and hubby and myself felt that we could click with him and well.....
wink.gif

knowing

Hi Cowie
My hubby & i prefer someone who speaks mandarin so does Choon Huat speaks mandarin?
hw is his charges, did u end up taking more rolls of films than the pkg one?
Thank you

cowie

Hi knowing,
I'm not sure.....but if he does speak, I dun think it is very smooth
lame.gif
Uhmmm, I dun think it is very appropriate to discuss this under the YC thread. You want to e-mail me instead? [email protected]

N

nolost

Hi Crowie

You guys mentioned about Ah Liang? Thought he has been terminated by Yvonne. Yvonne told me last week when I was there for my fitting of gowns. I don't mind him to be away as he is quite a temperamental man!My girlfriend's photogpher was Ah Liang when he was with Christian Creation. He was also terminated by the boss accordingly to my this girlfriend. When is your wedding day, Crowie?

G

ginger30

Hi everyone!
One nice experience - I went for my appointment at YC and to be honest, I am extremely pleased with their service. My designer is Shef. She is a very patient and nice girl, fast and good with fashion sense. All the gowns she gave me were very appropriate for my size. Boy, I was very happy that I am relieved from my stress on thinking on my new designs. She also guides me step by step on the itineries I will be having for my next appts. (At least I will not be lost during the process)

Hi nolost, are u sure Ah Liang is terminated by Yvonne? I met up with him, and I find him very nice. Have not worked with him on my PS, so I shall have to expect a better work from the new photographer. Has anyone seen the new photographer's work? Guess I shall have to ask Shef to show me the new photographer's masterpiece then...

cowie

Hi nolost,

Are you refering to me....Cowie..?? Erhm, my wedding is already over...on 15 Sept. Ah Liang terminated?? I have no idea if that is true. But having gone through the entire wedding preps process with YC, I have no qualms about recommending them to friends, and as for Ah Liang, he didn't come across to me as temperamental at all. In fact, hubby and myself are always talking and joking with him
lol.gif

Hi ginger30,
Glad you had good experience with YC
happy.gif
Thought Shef was not my designer, but have spoken to her before. Found that she is very nice and offered very relevant opinions on my choice of gowns, etc too
happy.gif

alf

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that Ah Liang is no longer with YC? The first thing that impressed me for YC is Ah Liang's photography and not so much on their gowns. I saw Ah Liang's work during my hubby's cousin wedding and are quite impressed. Anybody knows which shop is he attached to now???

cowie

Hi all,
Yup, just called Yvonne up to find out. She said it is true that Ah Liang will be there until the end of the month only. But she reassures that the new photographer is also carefully picked and of high standard. She has his sample shots available for those who are interested to take a look. For couples who are insistant on having Ah Liang to take their photos, you can voice your concerns to her. She will do her best to help. Hope all these info helps
happy.gif

G

ginger30

Thanks for the relevant info. I was rather concerned abt the photography as my hubby is very particular on it. During my last appt with them, I met up with Dean aka Ah Liang (I suppose), he is rather innovative and expressive with his words, though I can say his work is good, but I do hope the new photographer can do a good job as well. Yeah, Shef has been calling me up to re-arrange my studio as I am very "mafan" cos of my irregular work schedules. Hope she doesnt mind... Has anyone seen her creations so far? Me pretty curious to know. Excited to see my WG. Is Feng Jie the one who does the tailoring? Think I could have seen her. Looks like I will recommend more friends to YC as it provides good service from all my shortlisted bridal boutiques.