York Hotel

verre

Hi Winnie,

wow..not bad if you r choosing rest! *envy envy*
Haha..you all so cute. if you all r driving to ROM, be careful. The car inspector is there to summon ppls car non stop! So hv you source for your WG?

sleeping_beauty

Hi verre,

I believe WG is wedding grown right... I took my from Bridal Zone.. Package very good. Actually my 1st package is from Seletar Broadway somewhere at Ang Mo Kio... Their package is much more better than Bridal Zone.

After signing the package i pass by the shop and found out that the grown's design look chin-na and yellowish... And found out from my friend that their design very old, her grown are not MTM although they say are when you sign up the package and lastly their service are very poor.

So my ex-colleague intro me to Bridal Zone and ask whether are they willing to take up my exsiting package. Lucky they are and partly referred by my ex colleague.

Do you have any recommendation on rest? I saw a few quite good and location is at orchard and shenton way area. I find that the more i see the more perks each rest give. So don't know how to decide... Can help me....
sad.gif
What is important to ask for in a banquet package? What do i need in the AD dinner?

monet77

Hi verre
good to hear tat u r gg to do ur foto at last...heehee

i have alot to tell u le...but must have time to type........chat wit hu again mayb weekend k....
bye

verre

Hi winnie,

Not so sure wat to look for for AD dinner. Most rest peaks are pretty good compared to hotels. As mine is a simple dinner, so i only look for barrel of beer. Maybe you can ask monet? I do quite like the tong tok rest at taka. But more ex than yoke...

monet77

Hi verre, it is.... i email u the room pic nw... but i not inside...my colli took pic there and i didnt really take pic in there as i m too tires liao

joan7577

Hi i'm new here. Currently i'm searching for a hotel to hold my banquet next yr. I have shortlist 3 hotels:
1. Hotel Rendezvous
2. Plaza Parkroyal hotel
3. York Hotel

Does anybody has any comment for these 3 hotels base on service, price, food, ambience and etc?

Pls let know cos i don't know which to chose.

monet77

Hi Jo..

PLaza PArkroyal is it at cityhall there...if yes, they have high ceiling and food is good too

Hotel Rendezous .......

York hotel depend on which ballroom u choose...they have nice room and own private space

hope tis help
happy.gif

summersales

Hi,

Has anyone held their wedding banquet this year @ York Hotel. I would like to gather some feedback.

I am also looking for a venue on 12/11/05. It's really tough to get an idea venue ...... Feel free to drop me an email if you are giving up one. Email [email protected]

pristinn

My advise is to move on. There are better hotels with better service and location and with more sincere and professional banquet managers.

coralfairy

hi pristinn,

did you hv bad experience with York? Can pls share? i'm gonna hv my wedding at york this oct leh... pls tell me what to look out for? Txs very much!!

joannapht

Hi Coralfairy and shannie,

Have both of you contacted York hotel already? any feedback to share? I intend to hold my wedding in York hotel nxt yr....

Thanks!

september

hi there, need some feedback for those who hv hold their wedding at York hotel as it is also one of my shortlisted venue for my AD

1) How do you rate their food?
2) How is their service?

thks

jiamin_loh

Hi,

I am planning to hold my wedding @ York Hotel next year (2006)- but not confirmed yet. Will like to check if this hotel is a ideal venue to hold a wedding banquet???

september

hi samatha, i tink it depend on how do u view a hotel as an ideal venue? service, food or location? actually tink York Hotel location is nt really gd, it is behind Goodwood Park Hotel and quite a handful of people do nt know their actual location. me happen to attend a wedding dinner there yrs back which is how me noe it location, in fact, initially i also dun noe ware it was and hv nv heard of it before.

but their package is consider rather cheap and their perks rather attractive too (received their package thru email) will be meeting up with the co-ordinator on wed to see the ballroom...

jiamin_loh

Hi Diana,

You are right, their package is quite cheap compare to some other 4 stars hotel...May I know when is your actual wedding day??? Have you decided on the bridal package already??? I have not even started to source for all these yet even though my wedding is next year (really a handful things to prepare).... Can you let me know the outcome with the meeting up of York Hotel coordinator? As I am on the verge to view their locations 1 of these days if you rate their service and package ok - asking for advice.

Take care
happy.gif

september

hi samantha, my AD is on 1st Oct 2006 actually me looking at amara hotel too...anyway will let u noe after me meet up wif the co-ordinator later in the evening....
=-)

september

hi samantha, hv meet up wif the co-ordinator Christine earlier. she is beri friendly and experience, one of the most experience co-ordinator we ever met, before we ask anyting, she hv oredi explain / go thru wif us...their biggest suite is beri nice and big

But the only drawnback is tat their ballroom on the 2nd flr (their biggest ballroom coz my is abt 38 tables) is nt impressive enough coz u see the ballroom the moment u step out of the lift. but i tink u shld go down to see personally coz they hv another ballroom in the first flr and if ur no. of table is lesser, then the 2nd flr ballroom mayb fine coz they do hv removable doors to do a separate foyer and banquet area lor...

Overall, tink their package and Christine service is good and she seem rather approachable and nice to work wif too...u noe wat i mean if u meet up wif her lor

Btw, my BS is White Link. but do be careful wen signing BS, know tat some people hv bad experience especially for those BS located at Tanjong Pagar...one of the gals from another thread hv bad experience with Z wedding lor...

Hope the above help...happy searching for banquet venues and BS...btw, when is ur AD? =-)

jiamin_loh

Hi Diana,

My AD supposed to be Jul'06 but postponed to Dec'06 bcos of certain reason...So you have chosen whitelink, heard that their package offered is quite good. Yeah, although there's alot of BS in Tanjong Pagar - but most of them very expensive lor... Anyway, have you decided to have your wedding banquet @ York Hotel and how much have you paid for the deposit??? Since you say that their service is quite good, may want to go down 1 of these days to view their ballroom... Actually, I have enquire with Bridal Concept - any idea whether is good or not??? Last but not least, as for customary wedding - any idea where can I get the items for "An Chuang", "Shang Tou" & "Chumen"???

faith_faith

hihi! i'm gonna have mine there as well! yupz! i like christine too... which is a significant factor that made me choose york. hehe... just have a feeling that she's very experienced and "zai" rite? mine's 40 tables...so have to squeeze a little. agree tat ballrm's cramped and kinda weird when u first step out of the lift. haha..but makes the walk-in cool!

september

hi samantha, me still deciding and mayb seeing one more venue first before i decide on anything. as for ur qns on for the customary item "An Chuang", "Shang Tou" & "Chumen", me nt too sure...are these for GDL? if so, u can check wif wendy tan who hv had her customary on 30th sept...u can find her in the oct 2006 (me also there) as she will go there rather often to chat lor...paiseh cant help u...

faith, ya christine is cool and zai...so r u hving ur AD nex wed? coz christine did mention tat there will be a wedding nex wed for abt 40 table leh...and she invite me to go over to see if i wan to noe how the ballroom will look like for 40 tables lor..hee hee

faith_faith

hi diana,
next wednesday is not mine... mine's end of next year.
the ballroom is actually quite pretty when the lights are dimmed.. the chandeliers look pretty good! has a sweet n cosy effect. so r u going on wednesday?
hehe...but can u imagine... the mc announces that the B n G are coming, everyone looks toward the lift with great anticipation, then the lift door opens and out steps... *guests who are late*

jiamin_loh

Diana - Ok, thanks anyway.

Faith, let's say for 25 to 26 tables - they normally recommend which ballroom? What is the actual date of your wedding, me planning end of next year too leh...

faith_faith

think still Carlton Hall (the upstairs one). i think you'll be quite comfy there ...it'll be more spacious, then all the tables will have unobstructed view,not too near kithen and toilet, and still have space for pre-dinner drinks.
mine's 11nov =) we both have a very comfortable at of time to prepare! have you chosen your BS yet?

faith_faith

think still Carlton Hall (the upstairs one). i think you'll be quite comfy there ...it'll be more spacious, then all the tables will have unobstructed view,not too near kithen and toilet, and still have space for pre-dinner drinks.
mine's 11nov =) we both have a very comfortable at of time to prepare! have you chosen your BS yet?

september

faith...ke ke ke u beri funny leh...but true in a sense too...tink me nt gng down nex wed lor coz got appt wif frenz...but see how if appt change then mayb lor...u?

samantha, think they will recommend the ballroom on the 1st flr lor...coz if me nt wrong, the 2nd flr ballroom min. is 30 table lor and the 1st flr min. is 25 table...btw, deposit is 3k think this is standard for most hotel...

for BS cant help u much too as me only go everbliss and whitelink then hubby fine wif whitelink so we sign liao...but i tink the most impt ting is u muz be comfortable wif their services and like their collection of gown lor

jiamin_loh

Although have not viewed the location yet but my future husband like the name "top of the york" -but know that they can only hold less than 20 tables rite??? So your wedding will be this year nov??? Very excited hor... I have not chosen the BS yet but someone has recommend me Bridal Concept near Bugis... Any comments???

jiamin_loh

Diana, is the 1st floor or 2nd floor ballroom nicer @ York Hotel??? I have a friend who had her wedding @ Hotel Rendezvous, the distance between the main door and stage is very near - their wedding march lasts for very short time only leh...

faith_faith

samantha
heehee, so cute... didnt know the name of the ballroom can oso attract ppl! =) mine's 11-11-2006. not this year, but i'm already very excited!
as for BS,very time consuming leh!! imagine having to sit thru all those talks for every BS you are interested in!! then they all sound the same, and say the same thing, and slime other BS the same way... after a while it stops being fun. so we just settled for a reasonable package lor...

jiamin_loh

Faith,

You are staying at which area huh??? Actually, have alot of things to seek for advice... Anyway, its true that all BS is about the same. I am actually getting quite tired bcos my hubby is leaving all decisions to me as he is very busy with his job...

Right now, I am working out on his budget before making decisions - very stressout leh cos I also busy with my work...

september

samantha, guys is like tat one lah...my hubby nt so buz in work also leave me to look for venue and BS ha ha..o...bridal concept is at bugis...i tink my cousin use it for his wedding...tink it shld be ok coz nv heard him complain anything lor...but suggest tat u better go down to see their collection of gown first coz they seem rather small to me so mayb hv limited design of gown lor....personally opinion lah...but me nv been in there b4 lor...

faith u also hv nt chose u BS yet?

Btw, are both of u ROM yet? me hv mine in May 2005 liao...

butterang

hilo all.. i had held my wedding back in 2003 at york hotel.. my coordinator was also christine... at first hubby n i were very comfy wif her,, find her friendly n experienced..n she make us feel very comfortable that she will make our wedding a pleasant one.. n we can count on her etc... so we signed up with york hotel .. also no choice cos our date was so hot that there r no more restaurants or hotels available.. n that is the most ideal ..
subsequently ... we called her n wan 2 negotiate with her on something.. i cant remember.. find that i m not so comfy with her attitude anymore.. she commented that all are written on the contract already.. there is no way that she help..we ask if she can discuss with her manager or management.. she flatly rejected us... n this is not very flexible as we tot that as long as we express it amicably .. or she get back to me after dicussing with her mgmt... even if we dont get it we can also understand .. but her tone n her way of rejecting is very firm .. n it sort of makes me n my hubby abit uncomfortable.. hubby feels that she is those who talks abit loud n tame pple down, .. dont-mess-with-me kind of woman

nevertheless i wld like to say that .. no matter how good your coordinator or operation manager is or how good the ambience are etc..it all depends on your luck on your wedding day ... even if things dont turn out good .. still have to put on a big smile on your actual day .. n u wld feel good cos the guest will feel that u r still the most beautiful bride there...
on my actual day ..the lift broke down..mayb many guests came at the same time n the lift cannot take it..so our guests had to climb the stairs near the car park area.. n they were very puzzled y the lift broke down at that time... my parents were trapped inside the lift.. hee..i find it abit amusing...
so when all my guests starts entering the ball room from the stairways..abit chaotic.. all had 2 walk fm the back of my reception table to the front to sign on the guest list.. so abit chaotic here..

as for the lift distance to the main stage n the march in .. not 2 worry... say u have 30 tables..they will put a partition near the lift area so that it is partially shielded from the main stage.. .so it is still quite okie.. those who r interested shld go n look at the settings when they have a wedding there

the carlton hall is of cos nicer n more grand...
happy.gif
.. anyway the ambience of york is different fr other hotels.. u will feel like u r way back in 70s or 80s .. n that is something different.. the suite room is also much bigger than other hotels..

i just learnt that Grand Royal Park Hotel package is much better than york hotel .. my fren booked there..

this is just my opinion
happy.gif

faith_faith

Samantha, i'm staying in yck area...ulu ulu place... You leh?

Diana, i've chosen liao.Mr and Miss @ tanjong Pagar. tried on a few gowns there too, they're quite alright,but anyway can mtm, so no worries.
Samantha, if tired already take a break from it ba, since it's still quite far away. i think as long as the banquet location is settled, everything else can take it slow, and try to enjoy the process... only get to do this once! =)if husband not interested, then ask gal frens to accompany u.=)
My friends are coordinating for me and have come up with a list of things to do... hehe. when he sends it to me, i'll let u have a look!mabbe that'd help.

faith_faith

thnks for sharing your experience, Butter ang! yeah, i guess some unexpected things are to be expected (??!)but at the end of the day, yupz, just want my family and friends to have a happy time together and share in our joy.

now that you mentioned it...yah, itz true the lifts have an "old" feel to it hor... like anytime can spoil liddat... uh oh... i hope i won't be the one being stuck!! haha, another new nightmare scenario: MC announces arrval of B&G. waits. waits. Waits a looooong time.lift door opens. bride n groom crying in the lift.

jiamin_loh

Diana, my ROM is on Jul'04 - quite rush that time bcos have to get the cert before purchasing for my resale flat. Where are you staying???

Faith, I am staying at Bedok Reservoir now with my husband... There are alot of things which need to be planned and take into consideration before making any decision - that's why very sian...Please e-mail to [email protected] ok. Thanks

Can I ask for you gals advice if I got any queries??? Thanks alot...

butterang

hi faith_faith ..
haaa. the lift episode during my actual day is very funny ... kee.. no choice rite...
when u march in..u wld stand in front of the lift area .... for me i went down early to greet my guests ..so no problem for me... just that my guests suffers.. heheee

september

o..butterang, thks for sharing ur experience...tat wat i told my hubby too..tat christine is experienced so she can anticipated wat we will run into and can help us but at the same time, she will noe ware/how to"eat" us also ha ha....

faith u really beri funny and optimistic hor...cant stand u and ur imagnation....

samantha, me nw staying wif my parent at hougang and me used to stay in bedok north when younger and my lovenest is at AMK which we got from the balloting...feel free to ask lah me dun mind...me usually in either the october 2006 bride thread or the may 2005 rom couple thread lor...

butterang

hi diana.. yes..that christine is a very experienced sales person ... so whatever u all request for .. try 2 cover as much as u can ..
happy.gif
hubby n i felt that she did not even wan 2 go to the extent to enquire whether she can allow us to have the request n reject us flatly .. n that is something i am unhappy ..at least even if she put on a show n tell me later that she tried but cannot accede to my request.. i can still accept.... her firm rejection is a turnoff lor

shannie

Hi Samantha,
items for An Chuang, mayb u can try chinatown complex (the market) at smith street. There r shops selling customary things. i bought my things there.

Dear all,
I will be holding my banquet at york hotel in dec 05, my co-ordinator is Tracy, mayb u gals can look for her. She's a nice lady.

As for BS, can drop by Z Wedding D'sign for enquiry. I've signed up with them and have taken my PS, so far so good and they've wonderful gowns. Do join Z Wedding D'sign thread for more information.

Most impt things is to decide a date and book a suitable venue for the day. The rest can sort it out at a later date.

Have a nice day!
happy.gif

jiamin_loh

Hi,

Diana - No problem, will seek for your advice... Anyway, which other hotel you planning to view???

Faith - you are really jovial and all my stress are gone, ha ha....
happy.gif

Shannie - Thanks for your advice, by the way what is the date of your actual day cos me planning on 10th Dec 2006 (sun)...

Butter - Thanks for sharing your experience with us...

I have just called up York Hotel, the person in charge is Tracy - have arranged to go down next sat to view the location...very excited lor...

september

samantha, our budget is below $800/table for abt 38 table, me hv seen amara liao still considering if we shld see Plaza Park Royal at Beach Road lor

butterang

the plaza park royal place .. i feel quite run down ... n got a few pillars around.. the grand plaza park royal at coleman street is nicer.. its abt 600++ per table...

september

ya butterang, agree that plaza park royal is kind of old and log kok lor...but grand plaza park royal is nt in my list as my no. of table is more than their max..me hving 38 tables...