Will men go for a Divorcee? How do I kw he is into me?

yoyokomama

Hi all

I am a divorcee. I had asked for a divorce after my ex committed an affair 2 years ago. He had ask for forgiveness n wanted to patch back, which I had forgiven him soon after knowing his affair but decided to move on as I was hurt too deeply. I have an ex colleague whom I have only used to lunch or went out with in a big group. Recently, he gets to learn that i did some baking and requested whether he could have some of them. He knows about my divorce n tt I have a young child.

From there on, we got to meet up alone which we had never did before as colleagues. Subsequently, we started going out in few occasions for dinners & drink and started chatting through messages.He has also been quite gentleman and chivalrous when we went out together. He would send me off the train even thought he is not taking the train from the same place. He would text me to check if I have reached home after our outings that ended late. 

There's also times where we chatted for hours via SMS over midnight and I felt that he seems to be interested in knowing about my interest, what I like or dislike. In our messages, he would sometimes mentioned about what we could do in our future meetings. There are many occasions where i caught him looking at me and i turned and looked into his eyes for few seconds before i looked away. However, I was the one who initiated the chat (via SMS) to create the opportunities for the dates leading him suggesting to meet up. So far, I do feel that both of us do have special chemistry. 

My concerns are:
- Should I take the relationship to the next level? Honestly I do felt very concerns that it may be very unfair for him if we were to be together, as I am a divorcee with a kid. I also feel bad if he needs to managed the stress from his family as I belief his parents will be upset over my past.
- he is still young and a nice man, I really feel that deserved a better partner ( single n less complicated relationship)
- Why is he not initiating the chat if he is interested yet the dates that we had appeared yet positive? Should I cut down initiating the SMS to him, and see if he would text me. 
- What are some of the good ways to hint guys that we are interested?
- If a guy is not interested with me would he want date me alone?

60secs

That guy is interested in you. Some guys find matured ladies more attractive, i belong to this group.

60secs

I feel that there is no real platonic relationship between a man and a woman unless they are collegues at work or are currently working towards a common goal with mutual benefits.

For a guy to date a female colleague out not for working purposes shows that

1) he is interested in her
2) he is aiming for a promotion (if you are his superior)

yoyokomama

Hi 60secs

Thanks for sharing your views. Maybe it's easier for men to tell whether a guy is interested base on what I have shared. I am kinda concern if I may mistaken his feelings for me.

miloice

This is probably more relevant for initiating the friendship. At the end of the day, you do not only interact with people in this category. Friendship formed do not fade simply because they are not useful to us. If you have a good friend, even if they are a liability in a way, we still care for them.

yoyokomama

Hi Milo,

Thanks for sharing... Maybe I might have thing too much then...perhaps I should get myself busy with something else then.. Let destiny take it course... :p