Village Hotel Changi

renebaby

hi, appreaciate if anyone could offer me some advise for consideration?
How the food now at CVH? Is it worth having banquet there, in view that typical chinese families are critical about food.
pls advise, thanks.

llqx

Hi,

I did not attend the show on Sunday. However, met up with the coordinator on Saturday. The ballroom at the basement looks great. Main worry now is the quality of the food. Can someone comment on the food?

Thanks

llqx

The poolside ROM seems good. But must pay extra $1.5K for the setup. If you wan, can also use the function rooms beside the ballroom. That is FOC.

debunu

How is the food at changi village hotel?has it improved?The ambience at changi village hotel is really gd man

julia85

dawn> yes.. the food is good i would say...
we went to the wedding show previously and tried the food...
but din tot of signing there n then..
lucky they had a roadshow not long after and we sign during the roadshow..

kai> during the roadshow, additional perks are 188nett of total bill,
complimentary champagne for the glass tier pouring,
additional 1 nite stay (valid for 1yr from ROM date)

yvetteteo

hi, anyone who held wedding/rom in CVH in recent years able to feedback? I glanced through the forum and realize there has been complaints about their foods and sound systems some time back. is it still the case now?

julia85

hi yvette,

i've gt 2 frens who ROM there last yr..
they commented food was good..
nv comment on the sound system thou..
but oso no complain abt it.. so i guess it shld be ok.. =)

Hi all, got a superior room voucher to let go @ $188, comes with 2 ABF.

Good to have a feel of the hotel before booking.

PM for me details.

amryllis

Doesn't any BTB mind the location of this hotel? The ambience and view is wonderful but location is rather far...
sad.gif

I had a memorable ROM there in Feb 2011. Although the location is in the east and quite far for guests who are living in the west, it is worth it as it faces the sea and has a peaceful vibe to the place. My photos turned out v nice
happy.gif

loveforever

hi pink_swallow,

thanks for your sharing. I think I saw 1 of ur picture on changi village wedding fb.
It's seem very romantic and nice....
May I check with you, are the birdcage and floral decoration all done by their florist? How long before the ROM day will the florist contact u?
For ur ROM, is it lunch or high tea?

Hi love, yes the birdcage and floral decoration are done by their florist. You can choose the theme and also the colour/type of flowers. Of course if you have special requests then you may need to top up. The florist will arrange for a meeting with you around 3 weeks to 1 mth before your ROM.

My ROM is for high tea, booked the place from 2 to 6pm.

jasming

Anybody had their wedding at Changi Village Hotel? Does the guest complaint is v far ?

i like the ballroom from the pics. it looks nice!!!

kangblee

Hi Guys,
Need some comments from you. Am interested in getting my banquet done there but is worry about the location since some of my guests are living in the west and north areas and hows the quality of the food in banquet.

2012bride

Yea, i have the same concern too.. Kinda like that place but don't know if the guest will think it's too far and inacessible..especially when im having a sunday night dinner. Any inputs?

fansoq

i like that place too... but me and my htb also worried about that place is quite inconvenient for those relative who stay at e west and most of them from the west site also...sad...

jjosephine

my sister just attended a wedding lunch at changi village hotel on 3dec2011(sat).

And all she remembered was the service sucks and VERY SLOW.

It took them 45mins to serve the 2nd dish, and 30mins interval for every other dish..... by the time the food was served, all the guest were too hungry and totally have no mood to eat anymore.

My sister only took 2 bowl of the desert(Mango Sago) which is the nicest of all the dishes served that day.

And she commented that it was the worst wedding lunch she attended ever. . :x

jas1207

Hi! Anyone signed up with them? Can share your experiences? I was checking out their packages and is very interested! Wanted to hear if anyone has any feedback.. thanks!!

helloyou

Bumping up the thread. Anybody had any recent experience with them? Attended their showcase recently and found the venue great but would like to hear if there is any feedback.

JuzDream

Bumping up the thread. Anybody had any recent experience with them? Attended their showcase recently and found the venue great but would like to hear if there is any feedback.

Hihi I did shortlist this hotel as they provide a nice solemnisation pool venue. However, they will not close off the pool and there would be chance of noisy kids running around by pool during solemnisation.

If I am not wrong, they serve only halal banquet which explains their value for money banquet price and carpark could be a problem because of weekend crowd to changi village.

However, their coordinator Roy provides and excellent service to us and even wish us all the best although we did not choose them :)

helloyou

Hihi I did shortlist this hotel as they provide a nice solemnisation pool venue. However, they will not close off the pool and there would be chance of noisy kids running around by pool during solemnisation.

If I am not wrong, they serve only halal banquet which explains their value for money banquet price and carpark could be a problem because of weekend crowd to changi village.

However, their coordinator Roy provides and excellent service to us and even wish us all the best although we did not choose them :)

Thanks for highlighting :) Yea they only serve halal food which I might need since I've muslim friends. But I wonder how's the food there. I understand from the coordinator that they have carpark, din thought of the problem due to crowd. Maybe Village Hotel Katong is better since they have their own carpark.