The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

0seven7

Hello!!

We are looking at booking the fullerton ballroom. Would like to check who liaised with maureen before and what are the perks we can request for? Any help and advice is really much appreciated!! :)

You may also email me at [email protected] wherever convenient. Many thanks in adv!!

Inuka

Hi all! I'm seriously considering tthe Straits Room as the chandeliers are lovely and it's a smaller for just my friends and family. However I'm worried that the venue may look too sparse because the whole place is painted white. Does anyone know if Fullerton will provide extra hangings/fairy lights/hanging flowers or if they will allow me to get a third party to help me decorate?

If anyone has photos of their decor for their special day @ Straits Room, I would so grateful if you could share them with me :)

annanovem

Hi all! I'm seriously considering tthe Straits Room as the chandeliers are lovely and it's a smaller for just my friends and family. However I'm worried that the venue may look too sparse because the whole place is painted white. Does anyone know if Fullerton will provide extra hangings/fairy lights/hanging flowers or if they will allow me to get a third party to help me decorate?

If anyone has photos of their decor for their special day @ Straits Room, I would so grateful if you could share them with me :)

Hello, i was in the same dilemma as u.. considered putting fairylights along aisle and in jars scattering around the straits room. But one of the staff there told me that the chandeliers are actually very bright so the effect might not be obvious. And also it's over my budget. Hence we are just going to hang fairylights at the front of the stage. I am using the fullerton's partner for the fairylights.

Minkishly

I'm a Straits Room bride-to-be! I love that room, it's so gorgeous. c: Fullerton uses Mirage Flowers as their florist, I think you can get the fairy lights from them. I'm thinking of getting them on the stage as well, most probably as part of the back drop. It won't be very obvious, but it'll be pretty, especially when they dim the lights for the video to be played. I'm thinking of doing a bit of customization for my decor and have been in contact with Mirage Flowers. They're very nice and prompt and will give you quotes of how much you have to top up. Personally, I've been sending them picture references and stuff I saved on my pinterest board. I'm actually going to be buying some table props from Taobao and will get them to decorate those instead of using their own vases. They're quite flexible so I think you'll have no problem working with them.

cloudyiee

Hi btb, I'm looking to having the straits room as my wedding lunch venue. Anyone willing to share the package or pictures will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Minkishly

Just had my food tasting session at Fullerton and I have to say that the food was pretty good! Our parents were impressed, and my dad is actually quite a picky eater. :) The service at Jade Restaurant was really good as well. Although our coordinator was out of office today, she made sure that everything was prepared for us so everything went smoothly. Really looking forward to our dinner now!

Tweety8703

I'm a Straits Room bride-to-be! I love that room, it's so gorgeous. c: Fullerton uses Mirage Flowers as their florist, I think you can get the fairy lights from them. I'm thinking of getting them on the stage as well, most probably as part of the back drop. It won't be very obvious, but it'll be pretty, especially when they dim the lights for the video to be played. I'm thinking of doing a bit of customization for my decor and have been in contact with Mirage Flowers. They're very nice and prompt and will give you quotes of how much you have to top up. Personally, I've been sending them picture references and stuff I saved on my pinterest board. I'm actually going to be buying some table props from Taobao and will get them to decorate those instead of using their own vases. They're quite flexible so I think you'll have no problem working with them.

Hi Minkishly, Congrats on your wedding! I am about to book the straits room soon for my wedding in 2018 (yea, I abit kiasu). Would you mind sharing with me your package details ([email protected])? Just wanna make sure I am not missing out anything in the contract. The food at Jade Restaurant is really nice. You can also try their weekend dim sum brunch! Food is really good.

Thanks in advance~

I missed the roadshow in april-ish I think. Anybody mind sharing with me the deals you have gotten during the show?

happypotato

Hi Minkishly, Congrats on your wedding! I am about to book the straits room soon for my wedding in 2018 (yea, I abit kiasu). Would you mind sharing with me your package details ([email protected])? Just wanna make sure I am not missing out anything in the contract. The food at Jade Restaurant is really nice. You can also try their weekend dim sum brunch! Food is really good.

Thanks in advance~

I missed the roadshow in april-ish I think. Anybody mind sharing with me the deals you have gotten during the show?

Hey Minkishly and Tweety8703, I am interested to book the straits room for my wedding in 2018, too (Tweety8703 you're not alone :p) Appreciate if you can also share with me your package details ([email protected])

Thanks so much!

Tweety8703

Hey Minkishly and Tweety8703, I am interested to book the straits room for my wedding in 2018, too (Tweety8703 you're not alone :p) Appreciate if you can also share with me your package details ([email protected])

Thanks so much!

My Fulllerton consultant email this to me, 2 days go. Regisration opens next week I think. I am excited for the show case!

Attachments

• 1476424991151.jpg
    1476424991151.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 142

fluffs21

Just had my food tasting session at Fullerton and I have to say that the food was pretty good! Our parents were impressed, and my dad is actually quite a picky eater. :) The service at Jade Restaurant was really good as well. Although our coordinator was out of office today, she made sure that everything was prepared for us so everything went smoothly. Really looking forward to our dinner now!

Hi Mikishly! Congrats on your wedding! I'm looking at booking the Straits Room for my wedding in 2018 as well :) I'll be heading down for the wedding show next Sunday so I was wondering if you could share with me your package details ([email protected])?

Thanks so much in advance! :D

B & R

Anyone willing to share the package details ;)?
Straits room is one of my top consideration too!

Will it be cheaper if i secure the deal by this year for my 2018 wedding? And how much the deposit are?:p

fynnn

Hey all, this thread is awesome. I'm looking to book Straits Room for my 2018 wedding too. Could you share your package details with me via PM too???? :D

imiuki

Hello.. Have you been to the food tasting? Could you share with me what perks did they throw in for you :)
You can email me [email protected] :) Appreciate it.

Happy new year in adv.
Hello, I've went to food tasting on 30 dec. Food is good! I signed up their ballroom during their wedding show last Feb. The perks I get is $80 off per table only.

Cicillia

Hello, I really like the Straits Room ballroom in Fullerton for my wedding lunch next year.
Can someone advise what perks I should negotiate or share the package with me? I have the first quotation from my coordinator Maureen. She is great. Please share if you have any ideas. My email is [email protected]

Thank you.

Krystal91

Hello.. anyone know if there would be a Fullerton Wedding Showcase anytime soon?
Looking at many hotels having their wedding showcase in Feb and March..

#justasking if anyone knows :)

Geniec

Hi everyone I'm a 2018 btb. Very keen in holding a wedding lunch in Fullerton. Appreciate if anyone here can PM me the addtional perks they were offered. Thank you!

Juliett

Hi All,

I'm a 2018 BTB too, anyone can share their wedding packages, expereinces and tips? Had actually kind of signed a wedding lunch package with MBS during their wedding show case weeks ago. Kind of having a second thought and might not be proceeding with the contract. Currently am eyeing on Fullerton and JW Marriott (their interior is really wow) but they dont seem to have any upcoming show cases. Wish to know if either of these 2 places are worth considering before I forgo my MBS package as so far for my research, MBS package is considered to be one of the better ones.

Hi All,

I'm a 2018 BTB too, anyone can share their wedding packages, expereinces and tips? Had actually kind of signed a wedding lunch package with MBS during their wedding show case weeks ago. Kind of having a second thought and might not be proceeding with the contract. Currently am eyeing on Fullerton and JW Marriott (their interior is really wow) but they dont seem to have any upcoming show cases. Wish to know if either of these 2 places are worth considering before I forgo my MBS package as so far for my research, MBS package is considered to be one of the better ones.

Whyyyyy! I feel like forgoing deposits is one of the you-shouldn't-do things because very sayang leh!

Anyways fullerton is not bad except for the low ceiling and stairs. Some people love the stairs but I'm more concerned about tumbling down the stairs in hard to manage gowns! A lot of photo worthy places!

MBS has high ceilings with the exception that it's not exclusive, a lot of weddings can happen at the same time and especially if your ballroom is located at the end. But MBS food is good!

Krystal91

Hi All,

Hi Juliett,

I was in the same situation as you. i went to MBS / Fullerton and JW and spoke to their coordinators.

MBS is nice, but they have too many ballrooms, it will get really messy on the event day itself esp there will definitely be other events (non-wedding) going on.
and moreover, their bridal suite is located in the hotel so its a walk from their convention center (ballroom ) back to the bridal suite..
However they mentioned they will give you a dressing room in the convention.. but still, they dont have a physical toilet in the dressing room premises i think, so you still have to walk through the public to go to your dressing room.
It is a bit inconvenient for this case. However, still MBS is recognise and their food was not bad ( as i attended on of my friend's wedding there before ) :)

I had the dilemma between Fullerton and JW.. and agree with u that JW's ballroom is AMAZING. haha however the reason why i gave up JW is because it is still not as recognised to the elderly, and the food reviews I am not very sure. On top of that, the price point for JW was slightly over my budget. haha

In the end, i chose Fullerton's ballroom. They have just renovated with their crystal chandeliers, it looks really grand and the hotel is popular among the old and young generation. I had mixed reviews about the food however i do like the idea that it is individually plated. One plus point about Fullerton is that their Friday is considered as a weekday price and the min tables was manageable for my case. The coordinator at Fullerton was also very helpful with my requests :)

For showcase wise, MBS and JW both had their showcase in March recently.. Fullerton have yet to have one.. ( but i did heard from my coordinator, they normally plan to have them in the 2nd half of the year.. and they cant have any showcase as of now cus their ballroom are all fully booked over the weekends)

Hope it helps! haha

Coldtreegreen

The fullerton hotel ballroom is really pretty and spacious! You can even have a dance floor in the middle of the ballroom! The reputation, amazing ballroom and great service sealed the deal for me!:)

Clairelyx

Hi Krystal91,

May i know who are your coordinator? If you all don't mind can you share the perks and package you secured for your Big Day? TIA :)

pinkconnoisseur

Hello! I am interested in holding my luncheon @ fullerton hotel. However we only have around 22 tables. Is it possible to have it in the ballroom then? :/

Jeanettekoh

Hello! I am interested in holding my luncheon @ fullerton hotel. However we only have around 22 tables. Is it possible to have it in the ballroom then? :/
Hi! Their minimum for the grand ballroom is 25 tables, but u can also do a minimum spending . Eg, 22 tables, plus additional top up of other thing like upgrade your dishes etc to hit the total amount equivalent of 25 tables. Otherwise , u may consider Straits Room :)
Hope that helps!

weng

You can try negotiating for 22 tables minimum spending. I just signed a package today for Sunday lunch next year October for a 23 tables minimum :) Did a quick calculation and realize we might not have 250 guests, so negotiated for 23 tables. Officially a fullerton groom lol (sorry my bride doesn't like to do research =X)

Omgwanpin

Hello, I really like the Straits Room ballroom in Fullerton for my wedding lunch next year.
Can someone advise what perks I should negotiate or share the package with me? I have the first quotation from my coordinator Maureen. She is great. Please share if you have any ideas. My email is [email protected]

Thank you.

Hi , may I know what Maureen quote you ?:)

Thank you

Nate Wolfff

Hi , may I know what Maureen quote you ?:)

Thank you

The Ballroom is gorgeously beautiful! but!

I believe there are sub standards of how the clients like us are being treated differently by the wedding planners in Fullerton! I had my appointment with Maureen like you mentioned that she was great, she was utterly cold with her responses and ran through the details within a mere 30 minutes.

We are not in this line and she was caught rolling her eyes by my husband which is absurdly ridiculous, and it is normal that couples asked questions about anything and everything. Because it was love at first sight with The Ballroom, I asked my husband to contact Alyssa immediately and this time we got Violette Ng, Senior Catering Sales Manager whom we first had our doubts after this incident but after meeting her, she is one who handled our meeting with nothing but meticulous details with flexibility of the packages and laughters throughout. Her responses with Allysa have been remarkably top-notched! They must have been in this line for quite sometime based on their professionalism.

Everyone should be treated equally and not substandards! Moving forward, I will definitely recommend Violet to any brides getting married in this beautiful Ballroom of The Fullerton.

Nate Wolfff

Hi, any one can share the last wedding show perks given during Nov wedding showcase for Fullerton? Thanks!

I was told that

Hi there, can we find out who do you contact from the Mirage team?

pooty

Hi all,
I already asked about the perks for grand ballroom. Haiz.. it's nothing much.
Maureen is my coordinator.

Juliett

I managed to get 30% car park coupons instead of 20 and able to chose 30 barrel of beer or 15 bottles of house wine. The perks are really the least compared to MBS and Intercontinental. Quite disappointing and they are really inflexible with the perks. They said that they need to uphold their 'prestige' image thus not negotiable. But if you look at intercontinental, they are also one of the heritage and prestige wedding venue and are able to give more perks. Also, am quite puzzled that why they are not able to offer both beer and house wine which me and my partner thought these are the basic stuffs in the package.
Oh well, most likely will stick with fullerton since that's our first choice.
All btb or gtb, do share if you managed to bargain for better perks.