The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

goofie

Hi almondbun,
My coordinator will be elizabeth. Have not met her b4. Hope that she's good!
Btw, i did not get a spa package cos' my dinner is on a friday. Do let me know if you can successfully get the spa thrown in.. ;)

Otherwise, i too have almost the same as urs... (carpark, invites.. etc), but the usage of day room will be until 8pm. M hoping that they can extend it.....
happy.gif
Btw, when's your actual day?

postpet2

Cookiemz - 17&18Sep03/Yvonne Creative/Mabel Lee Photography
Matka - 4&5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery/Eu Lee (photo) & Wedding Paparazzi (video)
Blissz - 30Oct03 /TedWu/Montage/Greymatters (KC Wong)
Besse - 2Nov03/TheWeddingPresent/AndrewChoi/Triston Yeo
Wen - 17Nov03/TanYoong/(Wesley Loh)/ThePond(Tan Ngiap Heng)
Powderpuff - 23Dec03/BV, WG from Allure C/Utopia/ Linn Photography
Pam - 28Dec03/BV/Studio D'fia/(Choon Huat)
Miumiu - Feb04/Silhouette&Sophia/Sophia
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
goofie - 15 Oct 04
pheb - 16 Oct 04/BV/Utopia
Winterhakone - 2 dec 2004/BV/
Postpet2 - 12 Dec04
Eileen - 30 Jan 05
rainbow - 6 March 05
Jam - 19 Mar 05

besse

hi gals

OK. let's meet up on next thursday nite - 18th March 2004. shall we?

Attendance (Pls add in your name if i miss anyone out) - Besse, Matka, Chinchilla, Blissz, poox, E Tan
Venue - to be confirmed

Goofie.

join us in our outing if you wanna see our picts, i will be bringing mine then.
happy.gif

wendy76

Hi girls,

do hope to join u gals but can't make it.. still stuck in UK...
really hope to meet up with u all especially besse, matka and poox...looking fwd to seeing u all soon...
do enjoy yourself...
happy.gif

poox

hallo gals

so our hot date is on!

Besse, i suggest we email u our contact no. otherwise later no one turn up we dunno to wait or not :p

anyway, i just did my PS today...was really fun but tiring...only manage to do indoors shot bec of the downpour but was the indoor one turn out great!! very happy with it. Three cheers to Kim, Alicia and BV!!

chinchilla

hi ladies,

i have signed the contract already. I have chosen shang over fullerton.i called garey up yesterday n felt very bad about it because i felt like i was wasting his time. anyway i really prefer a big ballroom for dinner n a garden set up for my solemnisation, so i chose shang. other than that, fullerton package is definitely better.
anyway it has been nice talking to you ladies. thanks for the advice some of you have given. i am going to miss chit chatting here cos the shang thread is really very quiet..

cheers
chin

rainbow

Hi E Tan,

My coordinator is Thomas. He seemed rather serious at the first meeting but gradually warmed up after a while! He is quite flexible too and easy to negotiate!
happy.gif

besse

Hi gals

we meeting up on this coming thursday.

Venue will be bugis junction at 7pm.

So far, myself, Elenne and poox has confirmed the meeting. Anyone else?

please do email me your contact no at [email protected]

Matka??? you back???

elenne

hi rainbow, i asked cos he left the hotel without informing me personally. wouldn't have found out if i didn't email him!

matka

Hi Besse

I'm back
happy.gif
Sorry but Thurs is no good for me. But if you girls have already confirmed it, pls do go ahead and perhaps I can meet you girls up some other time.

jam

elenne,
what do u mean by Thomas left the hotel? you mean he's no longer working in Fullerton? he's my coordinator too.

elenne

hi jam,
yes he is no longer working at fullerton, they'll probably call you soon to inform you (your wedding is later than mine)

pheb

hi elenne

thomas is/was also my coordinator. so who's taking over your account now?

gosh...wish he'd told us...we signed on 1 Mar...

besse

Gals

This thursday seemed quite bad for me too. i have a full day apparantly.

can we change the apptmt to next week?

any preferred date? Matka, which day is also good for u?

Paisey..

jam

elenne,
thanks for the info. called fullerton this morning to see who'll be taking over Thomas' portfolio. don't think they have decided yet, like u said, my wedding is still quite some time away. i dun mind if gary or elizabeth takes over, just worried that it'll be some new inexperienced guy replacing Thomas
sad.gif
sigh! after getting all the assurances from you gals, now i'm left with uncertainties again!

elenne - so do you know who's taken over your account yet?

btw, after my intensive research for the bridal package, i've kind of shortlisted Ted-Wu, Silhouette and Flamingo. any comments / advice from all the helpful fullerton brides?

goofie

Hi Jam,
Dun worry about the fullerton service. I think it's a top down thing. The management stressed on top service. I think whoever will be servicing you will also offer u good service.
Btw, mine's Elizabeth. I have not met her but i think she shld be quite good.

I have just confirmed on my BS last week. After searching for so many, I decided to go for The Wedding Present. This is my recommendation. At the end of the day, it's really best for you to go talk to them and make sure that you are very comfortable.
happy.gif

postpet2

Hi jam,

i agree with goofie. Sometimes, its the feeling you get when you are there that helps you with the decision.

I've gone to many many BS and am thinking which to go with..You've got to know firstly what type of gowns you like. If its a straight forward type of answer like embroidery, crystals, etc then the choice is quite straight forward.
but if you dunno what you want, then can go to places that are generally good overall so that designers can help you.

I've got to all you've been to and so far, ted from your list gave me a better feel than the rest. But then its you and your feeling.

FYI, i'm deciding now betw Ted and Amanda.
Some local and younger designers like amanda and margaret are good too...

jam

hi goofie and postpet2,

thanks for all the encouraging words. u won't believe how "intensive" my research is... i dare say i've been / i'll be going to most of the shops that you can think of!
embarrassed.gif
after so many visits, i roughly have an idea of what i want (that's why i may have to give up BV and some others in the end cos' realise i prefer satin ballgown with embroidery & crystals...)

actually went to wedding present last week, but guess it was a matter of bad timing. I was tired that day and Patrick was tired too... so we didn't manage to get many gowns that make me "wow"...didn't get the chemistry, if u know what i mean....

have already made an appt with amanda this week. have been to margaret but realised she only "sells" gowns now... since i don't intend to keep the gowns, guess probably not then. but think it's an experience to go to her shop. i feel like a little princess inside!
happy.gif

btw, goofie, once you decide on the photographer, you can update the fullerton brides list!!
wink.gif

pheb

hi jam

i called fullerton today as well...asked the gal at thomas' extension and she couldn't offer answers but she did get elizabeth to call me. elizabeth said they're hiring another sales manager to take over and we all have no idea how soon...so...
uhoh.gif

i'm pretty unsettled too that they did not bother to inform us and since thomas' depature on mar 6, no one's been assigned

rainbow

gosh! so Thomas has left Fullerton? Tot the hotel should at least have given us a call to inform us so!

have any of you ladies tried Divine Couture? any comments?

goofie

Hi rainbow,
my understanding is that Divine is well known for is low back sexy design... go check them out.
I went to visit them as well. Their designs are not bad, just that its abit over my budget.
happy.gif

when's your AD?

postpet2

Hi jam,

actually i did hear from margaret that she wants to concentrate on selling 'made' gowns. but i think recently, she is willing to do MTM alr...
i've called her and confirmed this...
yes, margaret's shop is really dreamy and romantic..think its the colour...
when you seeing amanda? do keep us updated of your choice ok??
i think she will say "another fullerton bride within the same week"? ahahah...
i went to her place this tues for a second visit and talk...

rainbow

Hi goofie,

Yup, i popped by Divine for a while over lunch the other day cos its near my workplace. But yet to sit down to discuss package, try their designs etc! Have just started on my bridal search since my AD is on 6 Mar 05! Still a long way to go!
happy.gif

jam

postpet2,
read your postings under Ted Wu. realised we have really similar taste! me also looking for big big ballgown. i tried one at Ted Wu and found the details stunning! i'm also more inclined to Ted because of his evening gowns! (though I haven't decided whether I want one cos' will be wearing Kwa for dinner anyway... but Ted's EGs are so tempting!) And I'm quite sure I want Photolanguage!! (actually considered Picturebox too, but Marcus won't be in s'pore most of the time...) so many similarities rite?
lol.gif

am going off to Amanda Lee now.... will let u know what I think aft that
happy.gif

elenne

hi jam, sorry for the late reply. garey is taking over. don't worry, i'm sure whoever takes over it'll be ok cos so far no negative comments from my friends abt any coordinator yet
happy.gif

ublur

hi all,
I m new here, Planning to hold my banquet in fullerton as well. Most prob next year end.
Searching for a bridal boutique soon.. all comments are welcome.

Cheers

ger

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whether does Fullerton provide projector for montage. After viewing Fullerton ballroom, l realise that ppl sitting at the side cannot see the groom and bride walking down the stairs....can anyone pls give me advise on what can be done to make everyone see what is actually happening

Thanks.

besse

hi germ

Yup, fullerton has 2 overhead mounted projectors for the whole ballroom for your montage. Think it is included in the package. Can check with ur coordinator.

For your 2nd question, what we did was to ask the guests to be seated when we march in, so the view of the people at the side will not be blocked. Else, you can also do a live video feed to the projectors for the audiences at the sides.

ger

Hi Besse,

Thanks for your reply. Think Garey forgot to tell me about the projector. I will meet up with him again. Regarding the 2nd issue, is it true that only after u walk down the stairs then guests at the side can see you. So, the solution is to have a videographer for the nite rite?

elenne

hi all,
for the new fullerton palladian package, is it a free bottle of wine per table or free corkage of 1 bottle per table?

sharlene

Dear all,
I am deciding between Fullerton, Conrad and Raffles Plaza, can anyone give any comments?

How long can we tentative book the date and how much deposits to pay? Are they flexible?

hwee

hi all,

we are going to confirm the fullerton package with elizabeth these few days

will appreciate it if u all can advise on what are some of the addtional things in which we can request to be included into our package.

Does anyone here know if we can switch the dishes across menus without having to top up??

thanks

chamonique

Hi Yam Hwee,

You can request for
-Additional complementary parking coupons
-Additional wedding cards
-Day room for helpers or parents.

hwee

thanks chamonique..

can i just list in my mail to elizabeth all the addtional things i wish to include and let her do the elimination??

elenne

hi sharlene,

i checked out fullerton & conrad, didn't check out raffles plaza. price about the same but fullerton's ambience is nicer in my opinion and the bridal suite is to die for.
deposit for fullerton is $3800.

yam hwee, i already went for food tasting, from wat i know, you can switch provided the price of the dishes are not v diff, ie. can't switch a vege dish for a fish/meat.

sharlene

Hi Charmonique,
Currently they are giving only 50% wedding card, how much more u think can ask from them?

Hi E Tan,
How's the food with Fullerton? THe bridal suite is it "the loft"?

pheb

hi

i made slight adjustments to my banquet menu- changed one item in the cold dish and the cooking style of the fish. for the tea reception menu, i also switched dishes. the coordinator would be the best person to advice you on this. S/he will let you know if you'll need to top up or sacrifice something else.

as for wedding cards, i was told that FH is in the process of selecting new cards. these new cards may/not come thru. but i did mention to my coordinator who has since left to provide me with the option of opting out of the cards in exchange for more wine.

i also asked for more parking coupons as i will be having two receptions

i asked for 2 day rooms but this is subject to availability...

think that's all i asked for...hth

elenne

hi sharlene,
the food is good
happy.gif
. my parents liked it, friends who attended weddings there gave good comments. the suite is the loft... very nice!

sharlene

Anyone has Garey as the coordinator? How is he, is he flexible?
How is the setup at the ballroom?
Anyone had their dinner there? Can share the experience?

chamonique

Hi Yam Hwee,

I think you can try that. However I know it is quite difficult to get additional things other than items of no cost to them such as day room, function room for solemisation etc. The most is you can exchange item for other item. Are you taking their wedding favours? If you can find wedding favours that are about $1 or less, maybe you can opt out and exchange for other items.

Sharlene- I managed to request for 60% of wedding cards. Actually I don't really like the design of their cards but then I don't want to spend extra $$ buying my own cards.

ger

Hi all fullerton bride to be,

I have a few questions to ask about fullerton ballroom....

1)Is it true that ppl at the side cannot see the stage? Me only heard of ppl at the side cannot see the couple when they walk down the stairs.How do u solve the problem?

2) Do you have to take into consideration of the stairs when deciding your WG?

Thanks in advance.

rainbow

Hi Germ,
1) People at the side can see the stage though not very clear. But they definitely cannot see the couple when they work down the stairs. As sug by some brides here, you can do a videography and project it on the screens at both sides of the ballroom. You can go down to the ballroom to take a look to get a better idea!
happy.gif

2) Your BS will usually ask about the venue of your dinner. So far, ive had mixed comments from different BSs. Some said that due to the stairs, the train should not be too long.. but there were some that said that the train has to be long so it'd fall beautifully on the stairs as you walk down. But watever it is, I'm going for a long long train cos I love long trains!
happy.gif

Oh yes, any Fullerton + BV brides around? I heard from my BV consultant cedric that during the first consultation, Michelle will ask about the colour of the table cloth and flowers and decor etc so that she can better advise on the design and colour of the EGs. But think Fullerton told me that the decor etc will only be finalised much later about 3 months before wedding. Did any of you have such a problem? Do advise! thanks!