The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

postpet2

Hi girls,

Seem like all of us fell very much in love with Fullerton...heeh..good to hear this...

So which dates have you girls decided on yet? Wanna list?

poox

hi icequeen

mm....guess the brides here have the same good taste in hotel venue *wink*
my advice is to email them for a quotation and they would arrange with u to fix up for an appointment. During the appt my coordinator Garey showed us the ballroom, explain the details and even brought down the cards and guest book and the album of all the flowers and colour theme they have. I was really impressed. They mean biz although it was my first meeting with them
happy.gif

hi wendysiew,
no u do not need another wedding gown for the morning....i was too free so popped by allure C to look at their new collection and happen to fit perfectly into one....as the price was pretty attractive, i bought it :p
i took the sun package
happy.gif

besse

Kare, icequeen

eliz is back from maternity leave just.. she called me to catch up cos my close fren oso taking up fullerton for her banquet end this yr.
happy.gif

icequeen..

hehe.. it's normal to feel so chatty and excited when planning for your wedding. i was like that too... esp after we confirmed on going ahead with fullerton as the venue .. it has all along been my dream venue for a wedding! keke

try to confirm as early as possible cos the dates, esp weekends for fullerton are v hot.. i was v lucky to be able to get my weekend choice date in nov despite only starting to look ard in march..

jam

Wendy - My wedding is actually more than 1 year away. But being kiasu, thought better get the ballroom first. Haven't looked around for bridal yet. Think that one I can afford to do later.

Have heard so many good comments abt Elizabeth. But since Thomas was the one who confirmed my booking, think will probably stick with him. Just hope he's as good as the others that you ladies have recommended.

powderpuff

Hi everyone,

I have got a weekday package for 12 tables at $908+++, which we later increased to 16 tables. We prepared to pay a bit when we decided to go with Fullerton but our guests were rather generous and they covered the cost. We actually made some money... ha ha.

Besse, I only have the proofs of my Photo shoot. I hated the neckline of my BV WG and also felt that it was too plain. I like the one I found at Allure C better.

Poox, You got an Allure C gown too? I wonder if we got the same gown. What's your design like? I served JP Chenet Cabernet-Syrah Vin de Pays D'Oc 2002. It is under $20. Oh no, now all my guests who read the forum will know that I didn't serve them expensive wine.

Wendy, There is no need for another gown unless you are not happy with what you got. I love my Allure C gown and I didn't wear the BV WG at all.

poox

hiee powderpuff

mm...i've bought a simple A-Line WG from Allure C with bustier top looks a little lacy with gitters. I hope my BV's WG would turn out nice....going for first fitting this week :p

Thanx for the recomendation on the wine....i'm not a wine drinker so dunno what to serve :p may i ask where u got your wine? u may like to send me a private email at [email protected]

wendy76

poox
hope u will enjoy your first fitting at BV... tell us abt it..
happy.gif

any idea if we could served our wedding cake to our guest??

icequeen

postpet/poox,

Yup. I guess we're all the same. Great minds think alike, agree?? *wink*
happy.gif

wendy,
Thanks, I've gotten the quotation from Sept 2004 onwards as I'm planning my wedding on 2005. Now reviewing.

Jam,

I guess it should be fine. Afterall, with so much assurance and good comments from ex-fullerton brides, shld have confidence in their professionalism.

kare/besse,

Elizabeth is back already. Tried calling today and her colleague told me she's on the phone. Anyway her colleague sent me a quotation from sept 2004 onwards as I'm actually planning my big day in 2005. Thanks for your help anyway, kare.

Btw, I've told my FH regarding this forum and how helpful n nice u gals have been
happy.gif

And he said seems like I've set my mind on fullerton..hahaha. But he still wants to keep his options open.

I'll probably be arranging for appt and booking only after CNY or beginning of 2nd quater as he's constantly travelling. But he did said something like 'as long as i like it, he's fine with our choice'..heh heh...looks like it won't be tough to convince him on fullerton as I personally felt he likes fullerton too during our stroll on saturday.

Thanks for all your help gals. I love chatting wif u gals n i hope we can keep each other posted.

matka

Evening girls!

Amazing! I missed coming to SB for a week and look how the thread has grown!

Powderpuff, Congratulations! Just like the rest of us... the Fullerton will forever be OUR hotel ;)

Jam, you can rest assured with Thomas handling your account. Although he looks very serious, he actually has a sense of humour and he'll actually show it in time to pass
happy.gif

Icequeen, the whole ambience of the hotel takes the cake! That's how my husband and I fell in love with the hotel. It wasn't just for the ballroom. After your wedding, you'll get that dreamy sigh everytime you pass by the Fullerton or see it in the distance. Like I said before, it'll always be "OUR" hotel
happy.gif

besse

matka.

hehe.. sure is right, i went back there with my colleague to meet with elizabeth ysday and wow.. that feeling came back
happy.gif
so nice.. so glad she decided to take fullerton up for her banquet.
happy.gif

dclaudia

hello

fullerton is also one of my choice hotels. I heard that in one of the ballroom, there's a staircase leading down, is this true? can anyone share with me her photos for the banquet. Me really keen on this hotel after hearing so many good feedbacks....cant wait to fix an appt with the coordinator!
my email is [email protected]

icequeen

Evening gals,

great stuff happening in this thread i must agree.

By the way, can u gals help give me some pointers to the hidden/additional/uncalcuated costs that's not factor in the quotation. I've come up with a few, but hope to get some more to help in my calculations: (sound like an accountant *wink*
happy.gif

1. corkage charges
2. printing costs of wedding cards
3. extra consumption of alcohol exceeding what's provided in the package

Anything else?? If possible can pls help provide a rough figure for my estimation?

postpet2

Hi icequeen,

I've asked fullerton qn 1+2 as well before...i've yet to meet up with my co-ordinator, however, i can provide answers to qn 1+2.

Corkage is chargable at $20+++ if you bring in your own wine.
If you buy wine from them, you dun have to pay corkage. Instead, you are charged at $38+++ for red/white wine.

For qn3, if you allow free consumption of red, all you have to do is pay whatever consumed bottles after what's provided.
If you restrict consumption, then cost is predicted lah...

Fullerton brides, correct?

matka

postpet, correct
happy.gif

I don't know about the invitation printing with the Fullerton because we used our own cards. You can always check with the sales manager
happy.gif

For extra consumption of alcohol aside from what's provided in the package - i'm assuming that you mean beer. If I remember correctly, a barrel of beer costs $600. Your beverage I/C will have to then play by ear. Once they open a barrel, the full amt will be charged. Alternatively if it's towards the end of the dinner, you can choose to serve the beer by the glass.

besse

icequeen

postpet is correct. to get the additional bottles of wine from fullerton after you have consumed the ones in your package, is more convenient. afterall, the S$38+++ (inclusive of corkage is reasonable a good price)

so with that, you can get a good gauge of the cost of the estimated consumption of wine based on your guests profile.

In fact, for liquor, you should provide a more conservative estimation, that is, to budget upwards.. prob add 1 barrel of beer, and 5 bottles of hard liquor and wine on estimation of comsumption.

Printing costs - prob abt 200 bucks..

do you need to book rooms for any relatives or helpers overnite? if so, need to budget in.

hope it helps

claudia

ya, nothing beats viewing the ballroom yourself.. and it's nt only the ballroom, but the suite that also stole our hearts away
happy.gif
go contact the catering sales mgr, fix an appt - seeing is believeing!!
happy.gif

postpet2

Hi matka,

Heard that you are printing your own cards?

Me thinking of trading in my invites and favours for more stuff.
Can i know where did you print your cards?

May i know ah, if i want one more barrell of beer, do i have to trade in both invites and favours? Can i just trade in one?

Anything else that you girls traded?

matka

Hi postpet

My wedding's over. It's been 3 months? Yep, we designed and printed our own cards. Will drop you a mail.

I traded both invites and favours for the use of the 2 projectors and 50% off the 2nd barrel of beer. Dollar for dollar, that shld come up to about $750 + $300.

So if you're not looking at using the projectors, I think you can safely trade the favours for the 2nd barrel of beer.

icequeen

Hi gals, thanks for the prompt replies.
A couple of questions as follow:

Postpet,

when you mentioned restrict consumption of red, does that mean if I have 40 tables, since fullerton provide one red per cfm table, suppose if my coordinator is elizabeth, i can actually tell her to restrict up to 60 red ? Which means 40 from the package, and 20 will be my additional costs?

Matka,

The beverage i/c is someone from fullerton or it's one of my helpers?

Besse,

Thanks for the additional tip you mentioned with regards to booking of rms for relatives/helpers.

What about corkage charges for hard liquor? My in-laws and parents actually had a collection of at least 20 bottles of either XO or Otard. Hence in this case, how will it go about?

Also wondering will the coordinator help to arrange for printing of cards? Coz I do not want to go thru the hassel of a separate coordinator for the wedding cards.

I apologise for bombarding you gals with loads of questions. And thanks once again! You've been great advisers. Perhaps all fullerton brides can consider as part-time wedding consultant..kekeke

powderpuff

Hi everyone,
Let’s do our update again. Although my wedding is over, I like to put down some changes as a record for other brides-to-be’s reference.

Cookiemz - 17&18Sep03/Yvonne Creative/Mabel Lee Photography
Matka - 4&5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery/Eu Lee (photo) & Wedding Paparazzi (video)
Blissz - 30Oct03 /TedWu/Montage/Greymatters (KC Wong)
Besse - 2Nov03/TheWeddingPresent/AndrewChoi/Triston Yeo
Wen - 17Nov03/TanYoong/(Wesley Loh)/ThePond(Tan Ngiap Heng)
Powderpuff - 23Dec03/BV, WG from Allure C/Utopia/ Linn Photography
Pam - 28Dec03/BV/Studio D'fia/(Choon Huat)
Miumiu - Feb04/Silhouette&Sophia/Sophia
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV/ Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat

New brides to be, please add on your details if you don’t mind sharing.

powderpuff

I am sad to say that I am not at all that thrilled about the loft suite. I found the dressing table area not well equipped for doing a proper makeup. There was only one socket near the dressing table which I wasn’t sure whether I should use it for the table lamp or the curling iron and the makeup area was not well lit enough. Another puzzling thing was that the tea set with kettle was in the cabinet downstairs but I did not find any water supply there and had to go up the stairs to the bathroom to get water. I wonder if there are pantries in other bridal suites. I can't say I miss the suite but I definitely miss the tasty cucumber sandwiches they serve at the straits club.

jam

Powderpuff - think that's a great list! I can't put up my details yet as I still haven't confirmed the bridal etc. But somehow I feel all Fullerton brides would have similar taste and hence your list serves as a great reference for all Fulleron brides-to-be! =)

Abt the loft suite, there are many good comments despite the inconvenience that powderpuff has encountered. Since Fullerton provides 2 nites there, I'm thinking of getting the suite the day before my AD and using it as the "fetching-the-bride" & tea ceremony place instead of my family's flat. Cos' i'd be having quite a lot of relatives and friends from overseas, think they'll probably join in for the ceremony and need space to move around. What are your views?

postpet2

Hi powderpuff,

I've yet to confirm my dates with Fullerton yet so can't add on to the list. Will definitely do so when things are settled.Thanks for initiating...

Hello icequeen,
I do not know if elizabeth is the correct person to tell for restriction of bottles of wine consumed that night..Often, there will be one beverage in-charge which comes from your side(that is, your fren) who will take up this responsibility of ensuring that the consumption of beverage is in "law n order". So you can tell you beverage i/c to inform the hotel that 20 extra bottles is the max for the night when the hotel inform him that more bottles of wine is required.
so i believe the co-ordination got to be on both sides, ie, inform the hotel your max, let your beverage ic know too to restrict when hotels ask that night.

matka : let me know when you drop me a mail hor...thanks....i think for my new contract, i'm given the projectors alr. so i might need another barrel of beer to backup. so tot of trading some stuff as me thinking of getting my own favours too.
Can i trade in my invites for more bottles of wine ah?
do you all know what's the value of favours and invite?

poox

hi powderpuff

thanx for the update!

hi pam: have u seen your AD pic? are u happy with it? cos i'm also using c.huat, just wanted some feedback!

powderpuff

Dear Jam,

I have to highlight that I am not promoting BV or Utopia.

I think it is very subjective to say if you should let relatives into your room. I shouldn’t have let my husband’s family come into the bridal suite. Because the other big problem about the suite is that there is no door to the bedroom. What happened was, they were just staying a few doors down, and they brought their kids over when I was doing my makeup. The nephews ran and screamed and jumped up and down for at least more than an hour while I was doing my makeup. I guess it affected the makeup artist and the night makeup did turn out as good as the day one.

kare2711

Besse/Icequeen
Thanks! Oh Elizabeth is back? I only know she is going to be back in Jan, but I didn't know so soon. Time to give her a call
happy.gif

I'm so missing Fullerton, so much so that for my anniversary this year, I'm tempted to book a night at the Loft Suite
happy.gif

powderpuffs_h

the loft suite does have a rather large bathroom with bright lighting and a door, although i'm not sure if there's a socket in there. also we got a day use room from the fullerton that could be used for more privacy...

blissz

Hi gals

Glad to see the thread so active....It's been quite a while since i popped by...

Overall, my wedding went on pretty smoothly at Fullerton...the ballroom was wonderful...there were also good feedback on the food and service...

However, there were some minor hiccups during my check-in and I tend to agree with Powderpuff's comments about the Loft Suite....

One of the air-con and the power point beside the bed were not working and worse, the flushing cistern was not working properly too...Well, I guess, as a 6 star hotel, they should have checked these basic amenities before letting us have the room....

Nonetheless, I do agree that Fullerton has this aura of grandness which makes it so special...especially for us who held our special day there...
happy.gif

Hi Matka and Besse

How's married life?? Any pics to share??

powderpuff

Hi powderpuffs_h

Ya, I guess what you said was true, but i have got guests there that might need to use the bathroom. I thought of going to the day use room for makeup but it was a bit troublesome to bring all the stuffs with me too. And the makeup artist was late and we just had to be quick. I think for brides who have your family there to help you, it should be ok.

So the lesson: have your make up done in the day use room if you anticipate some troublesome visitors, and bring a multi plug if your makeup artist uses curling iron.

jam

Hi ladies,
Just met Thomas yesterday and had a look at the ballroom as well as the suite. I also asked him abt the day room for my relatives to rest (cos' you gals have mentioned it in this forum) and he said it's abt $200+++. Did you pay that price for the day use room as well? Or got it complimentary from Fullerton in the end?

powderpuffs_h

hi jam,
the day use room was complimentary for us. it's subject to availability though.

hi powderpuff,
sorry my family is troublesome to you. guess they wasted their time traveling from the usa for our wedding.

besse

hi Jam

day use room is complimentary. you can request for them to throw it in..

Fullerton brides to be,

suggestion to overcome the lighting prob at the dresser area.. i did my makeup at the ground floor of the loft suite.. in front of the mirror at the sofa area. open up the curtain for more day light to come in.. should be no prob..

oh.. forgot to mention the yummy bvlgari toiletries.. keke..

Blissz

Congrats to your marriage.. hehe.. glad you enjoyed yourselves in fullerton despite a lil hiccups..

marriage life is great, aside from the housework
happy.gif
.. so where did you go for honeymoon??

matka..

when you starting to produce a bb?! ;)

postpet2

Hi ex-fullerton brides,

Besides the banquet + liquour price, are there any other 'hidden' cost that i have to take note of.
I understand that if i were to trade in my invites and favours, i'll have to factor in cost of invites and favours done on my own.

However, was wondering if there is anything that i had overlooked in calculating the dinner cost.

Din know that the day room is complimentary...so will take note of that as well

jam

Thanks for the advice. Just wondering, if I want to get the complimentary day room use, do I have to tell Fullerton before signing the contract or just try my luck by asking him on the AD itself? (I wonder why Thomas told me it'd cost $200+)

When I met Thomas that day, he told us we had to confirm all the options and put them in the contract before signing it, e.g. whether we want to trade in the favours and invites (though Thomas said later that we can confirm which option to take at a later stage). That made us a little stressed because we thought our wedding is still very far away and have not thought abt all these details yet! Sigh....*headache*

pheb

hi girls

i'm new here. and this thread is really useful! thanks all!

i'm exploring fullerton for this october. contacted thomas already but have not actually spoken to him...still waiting for him to come back with some info.

could i check with you girls on the food? is the chinese dinner is served by the kitchen/s of jade? town? neither? i've had numerous negative feedback about the food and the serving size ("too small", "not filling"). i thot jade's supposed to be good.

blissz

Hi Jam

We got the complimentary day room too....and we requested for it a few weeks before my actual day...

I agree it's too early to finalise the options now...We actually requested to trade-in our favours like 2 months before the actual day....I suppose negotiations are still allowed after you sign the contract...my coordinator was pretty flexible about it...

Hi pheb

The chinese dinner is served by jade....and no worries about the food and serving....i've gotten good feedback on the food...

Hi Besse

Congrats to U too!! Glad to know that you are enjoying married life...

Well, we went to France and Switzerland for our honeymoon....really enjoyed ourselves....wat about you??
happy.gif

powderpuff

Hi powderpuffs_h and all husbands-to-bes,

Please look after your bride if you are going to have your whole family over, especially if they are not a whole lot of considerate people. Don't forget to bring a multi plug, and extension cords for your bride, and double confirm to make sure that the hotel can play the correct song for your first march in. Also make sure you figure out how to open and close all curtains in the room because it can be quite difficult for the brides in their huge gowns to close the curtains especially the one in the bathroom. For your information, there is a socket in the bathroom. So grooms, please figure out how it can be used if your bride would be too busy to figure out herself.

powderpuff

Dear powderpuffs_h

I don't think your family wasted their trip. I think they had a great time staying at The Fullerton. Your nephews had a great time in the loft suite and your sis had a great time joking with my family.

powderpuffs_h

guess i should give some tips to the brides to be. please remember to learn how to wear your wedding dress beforehand so you don't waste 30 mintues staying in the lobby bathroom at the hotel during the day and also decide at the last minute to do a clothes change during the dinner when it wasn't planned. also remember to bring all your items, like your speech, so you don't make the groom waste 1 hour driving all across singapore to fetch it. you may also want to note, in the loft suite, on the control panel next to the bed, there is a button that says 'make up room'. this button is to call house-keeping. you do not need to get all upset thinking that there is a secret room to do make-up in the suite that no one told you about. there's not much point to get so easily upset and quick to black face when things don't go absolutely perfect. so brides, please try to enjoy and make the best out of your wedding day.

powderpuff

Ok brides,

Hope everyone can learn their lesson here. Never never let the groom's family into the bridal suite... for this is what you'll get.

besse

hi hi kare

It's a boy.
happy.gif

BLissz,

we went California. Trip was quite fun except that i was sick. in fact, i started running a fever immediately after my wedding. was still sick on flight and part of the HM.. but shopping there was great! burnt a big hole in my pocket.

dear powderpuff and powderpuff h..

cool down la.. must try work things out properly and talk it out nicely.. don fight so soon after wedding k!? we still have whole lifetime ahead of us.. Make love, not war..

postpet2

hi girls,

a little quiet here...

how's everyone's preparation?
I think me going to decide on the place very soon..was wondering if any thing else i should take note of and discuss with the co-ordinator?

poox

hi postpet2

meet up with your coordinator first. once u're happy with the place, make a tentative booking then negotiate the package eg. swopping invites for xxx, waiver of cockage for xx bottles etc etc

once u're happy with everything, pay the deposit.

wendy76

Hi girls,
I juz got a bad news from my MIL... need to change my AD from 26th Dec (Sun) to 27th Dec(Mon)
although rates are cheaper on weekdays but i m quite worried abt the food and the attendance rate... pls. advise....

Hi poox,
Do u plan to get your own wedding favour or take wat fullerton provide??
Hows your fittings at BV? I am still in UK hence will only visit BV when back in sin.. any comments abt BV??

Hi Besse, Blissz and Powerpuffs_h
Thanks for your advises...
happy.gif

Hi Matka,
hows married life??

elenne

hi everyone. haven't been visted this site for a long time!!

hi poox! i have decided on my gown design. did you choose the glamorous package?

powderpuff: how come u didn't wear ur BV gown?

hi wendy! BV is good, v professional. getting my gown from them.