The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

matka

Morning girls!

Wendy, i checked out a couple of videographers from the websites as well as went thru my own list of referred contacts.

I'm very picky about wedding videos because a lot that I see online are very cheesy so that's a no-go for me on that. heh heh.

Eventually I met up with two, one was a personal friend who's a professional who does some freelancing on the side, and the other was Ami of the Wedding Paparazzi (www.weddingpaparazzi.com).

We finally took up the package with the Wedding Paparazzi whom I think you shld definitely consider.

Actually both my friend and Ami were from my alumni. My friend was my senior and Ami was my junior but we decided to go with Ami in the end even tho my friend's package wld have been lighter on our pockets. You have to view her portfolio to know why
happy.gif

Hey Poox, we actually spent the amt that's listed in her rates. But she had a promotion then so we had a $100 discount. On top of the normal full-day videography, we took up the Long-story-short.

We didn't upgrade anything with the Fullerton at all. Our projectors came free - but that's only because we gave up on the Invitation cards and the wedding favours. So we had, in return the use of the projectors; and 50% off the 2nd barrel of beer or free pianist.

We confirmed the minimum no of 35 tables. Later on, we confirmed 38 + 2 or something like that. I cannot really remember.. heheh

organise

Hello everyone!

I just met Garey from Fullerton last Sat & I must say we got on well with him. We had good vibes with him and the package from Fullerton was also very attractive as compared to other hotels (we are currently looking @ 4 Seasons and Fullerton).

However, I cant help but feel a bit suspicious about the package as to why it is so competitve - i mean a free bottle of wine for every table is quite something and he was willing to throw in other stuff for me too. We havent fully negotiated the package yet, and was wondering how far we can go! Did any of you manage to get all your corkage waived? Alcohol will be a big expenditure item for us, so we are looking @ bringing in our own wine & beer too.

Anyway, it is a relief to find that all the postings here had good comments on the hotel.

Hey, makta, what did you get for wedding favours? I am also looking at trading in the hotel ones for other stuff.

FYI, we are planning ours on the 10th Dec 2004 for 34 tables. (I cant believed that they are all booked up for the months of Nov-Dec on ALL fridays!)

Looking forward to getting more advise from you gals.

matka

Jeanette, *ahem* Free bottle of wine for every table? Sounds like a really good deal... perhaps they've had a price adjustment or perhaps their wine distributor is trying to promote their wine.

We had a waivor of corkage for 12 bottles, one barrel of beer and 50% discount on the 2nd barrel (but that's because we traded some stuff). We tried to get more out of the alcohol bit but weren't exactly successful (ha ha). Corkage was originally $30++ but our coordinator later brought it down to $20++ nearer to the wedding. I believe that everybody had theirs brought down.

We brought in our own wine - 84 bottles of them and used up 60 bottles and 2 barrels of beer. That's an average of 1.5 bottles per table. It was surprising considering it was a Sunday and I didn't expect people to drink so much!

For wedding favours, we designed and printed our own thank you bookmarks.

I'm not too sure about the other hotels, but I was very impressed by the Fullerton's service standards esp for the wedding couple
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

postpet2

Hi all,

I'm terrible excited by all the discussions in this thread.

Was wondering if anyone could share with me how's the package like and which package had you girls got? i think there are 2 from the website.
me looking ard for AD venue and beginning to feel the headache.

organise

Hmm, I think the free bottle of wine package is relatively new, since most of the ex-Fullerton couples didnt get it.

Postpet2, this is what Garey has offered me (without negotiation):
1. Friday dinner @ $798+++ for a min. of 35 tables (he is only willing to go down to 34 tables)
2. free bottle of house wine (which is the $38 bottle on the wine list) for every confirmed table
3. invites, car park, wedding favours
4. 1 free 30L barrel of beer
5. 2 night stay in the suite with bkfast
6. free aft tea in the suite
7. food tasting for 8
8. LCD screen
9. waive of corkage for 5 bottles of hard liquor

I am also getting a function room for free for my solemnisation ceremony, which will be 1 hr before the cocktail hour. So that was really nice of him. I will also be trading in invites & wedding favours for more alcohol (possibly another barrel of beer & more bottles of wine)

Wow Matka, you brought in 84 bottles of wine! that is a lot! I was only planning on bringing in 5 cases in total. We will have to do a closer estimation (since most of our friends & colleagues are drinkers)

From the way things sound, it looks like Fullerton is a good choice to go for. Btw, what does AD stand for?

Oh matka, can you send me pictures of your table numbers too? [email protected]

thxs!

postpet2

Dear ladies,

I'm just so sad...cos i just mailed fullerton for 12Dec and they replied saying that its taken up alr! Boo Hoo...

so now either i take my other date which is on 12 Feb or choose another hotel lor...
sigh...

Jeanette :AD stands for Actual Day. which is the actual wedding dinner day.

wendy76

matka: your advise is noted... was considering Fabian Lim production abt $1500 for AD videography.. any idea if what is the current mktg price??

Jeanette: my wedding AD is also in Dec 04... how's your preparation so far???

matka

Hello girls

Jeanette, I think the hotel's done some adjustments to the pricing. Perhaps that's why they've added the house wine to sweeten the package ;)

For wine, honestly I only expected 50% of the guests to drink and even then, I thought one bottle would have sufficed. Apparently not! If going by my 50% estimation, each of the 20 tables had an average of 3 bottles of wine. *cough cough*

After the wedding, my husband figured that perhaps the atmosphere of the dinner (nice ballroom, everyone was quite dressed up, etc) made it extremely conducive for the guests to "have a glass of wine". ;)

Postpet, aww. do you only have 2 choices for dates?

Wendy, pricing for videographers are like sourcing for pricing of graphic designers and artists. The prices are variable and it really depends on how much they think they're worth. There are videographers who charge from $600 to up to $2000+. Some of the common rates I've seen so far are either $800 or $1500.

Have you met up with Fabian and seen his videos? It's best if you do and then you can discuss about the package. Likewise for the other videographers. Wedding Paparazzi has an a la carte menu, the price will depend on what you want.
happy.gif

Anyways, I just realised... you're not back in Singapore yet. Don't worry for now. There's still a lot of time when you get back to source for a good videographer!
happy.gif

organise

Hi Wendy,

my prep is just getting started. we are still waiting to firm up the date for the dinner. Actually, there might be a possiblity that we may push it to Jan 05; as my mum wants us to get married on a 'good day'. That is quite a hassle as we will have to check against the dates available at the hotel vs what she wants. sigh... how i wish it need not be the case.

Anyway, once I firm up on the date, will have to start prepping for the dress, photographer etc. There are just sooo many bridal shops ard, that it will be impossible for me to shortlist 5 of them to view! I will also be looking at a freelancter to do the package for me. So lets see how things work out.

Any good advise to give anyone?

wendy76

Matka: Thanks a lot.. yup i m still in UK.. will only be back in a few mths time...will take a look at Wedding Paparazzi website...u've been a great help... thanks...

J : Jan 05 means u have more time to prepare... thats good..think fullerton is a right choice, so many good comments from the forum and most importantly the ballroom and the bridal suite simply gorgeous... i m really pleased...i thought of BV but yet to confirm as i would need to go down personally to try on the WG.. will do that once i reach sin...good luck for your preparation... enjoy
happy.gif

matka

Hi Poox

I actually did enquire with them, but something told me that I didn't need to go hunting already :p heh heh.

val1977

hi martka, it's me val, the gal work in MOM n had military wedding, had my wedding on 7th of Dec,2 sundays ago

hv been search hi n low for u :p
post a email to ur yahoo
happy.gif

jam

hi all, need someone's advice on this....

has anyone held a military wedding at Fullerton before? Will the aisle in the ballroom be too short for military wedding?

also, if i wanna trade in anything in the package (probably too lazy to print our own weddign cards), u know if i can still get a good bargain on any wines, corkage or beers?

i spoke to Thomas from Fullerton. He sounds quite firm abt the price & package =(

matka

Hi Jam

Both Besse and I have recently held our weddings at the Fullerton with swordparties. They turned out very well
happy.gif

For me, the aisle fits 4 pairs of swordbearers perfectly. I'll be happy to show you pictures. I believe you can add a 5th pair if you want too. Thomas can advise you on that.

jam

matka, thanks for the assurance! feel quite relieved now =)

how abt the package? realised there was a typo in my earlier message. if i DON'T wanna trade in anything in the package, u know if I can still get good bargains? (my FH's frens and relatives like drinking a lot... so i can't imagine the corkage / beer bills at the end of the wedding!)

matka

Hi Jam,
no worries.
happy.gif

I'm not sure about getting a better bargain for alcohol w/o trading anything. Perhaps the rest of the girls have experience in this?

It does sound quite unlikely that you can bring the price down without 'sacrificing' anything because I believe their rates are quite fixed. Jeanette's post on Monday, December 15, 2003 @ 3.02pm sounds like quite a good deal though.

organise

Hi Jam,

You should be having a free bottle of wine per table if you are having your wedding next year. Our friends & relatives drink a lot, and we are actually trading in wedding cards & favours for more wine & beer.

We think it makes a better deal to trade in the above, as the cost of alcohol will cost much more. Rope in your friends who are creative, and get them to design your wedding cards for you (that way u can save cost) as for wedding favours, I personally dont think much of them. So if your budget does not permit, I think its perfectly fine to do away with them.

besse

hi jam

ya ya, me n matka just had our mil wedding.. the aisle is ok.. i personally think too long an aisle will make me v v nervous.. hehe.. we manage to fit in 5 pairs of swordbearers..

we traded our wedding favours for an extra barrel of beer.. not much leeway to bargain, to be frank.. except perhaps for extra day room use and some extra invites and carpark coupons.. took up the per table 1 bottle of wine top up.. and for us, wine consumption juz nice. at 46 bottles, but had to open a 3rd barrel of beer.

i personally find the wine charges at 38+++ v reasonable should your guests exceed the no. of bottles of wine included in your package..

Matka, howdy? merry xmas in adv!!

jam

Thanks, J. That's very useful advice! Am also thinking of trading in the wedding favours. Btw, do u mind if I ask how much your card-printing costs? (As you probably can tell, we're still at the initial stage of planning..... don't know any market rates at all!)

We're planning to have the wedding in early 2005. So we'll have a complimentary bottle of wine per table, but the price per table will also be slightly higher.

Besse - do you mean that the wine charges are $38+++ per bottle or just for corkage alone? And that's for wines from Fullerton? Or from yourself? Thomas told me corkage is $30+++. So each extra bottle may add up to be more than $60?

And, we are also thinking of having 5 pairs of swordbearers! Really great to know the aisle was ok =)

matka

Hiya girls

Besse, I'm doing great! Merry Christmas too!

Jam, I traded in my wedding favours too and did our own invites. This in exchange for the projectors and 50% off for the 2nd barrel of beer/free pianist. Personally I don't think people care for wedding favours - esp if they're potpourri, chocolates, the likes. I doubt people are going to complain either ;)

$38+++ should be inclusive of corkage, right? If so, that's quite good and it saves you the hassle of arranging for the wine to be delivered. I remember being quoted for $30+++ corkage and $25++ for a bottle of wine. Finally we brought in our own wine at $18nett per bottle through my in-law's friend and the hotel charged $20++ for corkage.

As for printing costs, it generally is quite variable. Printers charge very differently and it depends on the specs that you want. If you would like a customised card, I don't mind helping you out with it. I do a little design work here and there and I have some printer contacts. I'm also thinking of expanding my portfolio, so drop me an email if you need help: [email protected]
happy.gif

postpet2

Hi girls,

i got a couple of questions on Fullerton. Need your advise.

From the package mailed to me,
1)it says that 2 LCD projectors will be provided. However, i see that some of you girls are negotiating for projectors?
2)The min # of tables listed says 35 for Fri and Sun. Has anyone successfully bring it down to a lower figure?

Matka : I've just confirmed that $38+++ is inclusive of corkage if we buy the wine from them. If bring in our own wine, then the corkage is $20+++

Fullerton's package looks very much competitive compared to the other hotels and me really tempted to take it up and get the other date in Feb instead.

Thanks

poox

hello postpet2

some of us signed up before they introduce the new 2004 package which do not include the 2 projectors and free bottle of wine per table all at $30+++ more per table.

i agree that their package is very comprehensive which is what i like
happy.gif

besse

hi postpet2

the new 2004 package was inclusive of the 2 LCD projectors and 1 bottle of wine per table. the 2003 package that Matka signed for did not include that. in addition, they revised the wine prices down to 38+++ per bottle inclusive of corkage if you purchase from them. Matka was quoted the old price and package.

I was quite lucky cos i had the option to upgrade to the new 2004 package by just topping up 30+++ per table to get the additional bottle of wine per table confirmed and 2 LCD projectors.

Fullerton's package is indeed v v comprehensive and the ballroom was wonderful!! i would strongly recommend for you to take it up!
happy.gif

jam.. hope the answer to postpet2 answers your question on the wine too.. if any other questions, you can either email me or matka.. will be so glad to help. u can find my email by clicking on to my nick :")

Hi poox.. how is it going with your prep??
happy.gif

happy holidays gals!!!

postpet2

Hi girls,

thanks for the answers...

I've seen Fullerton's ballroom over the weekend. Fell in love with it of cos...ahahha

however, i kinda got the feeling that the co-ordinators are a little 'dao'?
i had not had the chance to meet up with anyone yet, but while looking at the place yesterday, this guy came forward and gave me a look that says "what do you want"?
Was wondering if you girls can give me any feedback on the service of the co-ordinators so far? good? got airs?

For the LCD screen, its provided rite...how about the projector itself? i know i have to bring in my own notebook, but how aboout the projector? provided?

matka

Hiya Postpet

Besse is right. I signed up for my package end 2002 so the one that you've been given is probably the revised one.
happy.gif
Since you've mentioned that LCD projectors are included, you don't have to worry about them. Projection screens are a given. You just bring your own notebook, that's all.

Thomas was my coordinator and I didn't have any problem with him. He was cordial throughout and not the least bit arrogant. A true professional. You will appreciate them for not snapping at you even when you ask the most irritating and annoying questions. hahaah. I've seen the comments by the other girls about their coordinators and the rest all seem really good too! So you'll be in good hands. Don't worry.

Perhaps the staff that you met thought that you were just lurking around or something, just let them know that you're viewing the ballroom for your wedding and you'll be just fine
happy.gif

poox

hi besse

i've chosen my WG design and would be going for first fitting next week! i've also chosen my wedding band design, custom making it at Fairy's Inc. know what, i actually had a nightmare the other night that all my guests are waiting in the ballroom and i have not done my wedding flavours and have not collected my gowns!!

hi postpet
u should have called to make an appointment to meet a coordinator so that he/she can show u around and share with u the package. my coordinator is garey, he's very professional. dun worry.

besse

poox.. good to hear all progressing well.. haha.. don stressed yourself up.. your dream shows signs of stress.. hehe.. make your hubby share your load as well in the planning
happy.gif

postpet.. guess the coordinators oso human like us la.. got their moods.
happy.gif
they should be professional generally.. Thomas is known for his "professional" way in interacting with you - some will see it as distance.. i personally had a v v nice experience with Elizabeth and you can request for her if you wish to..
happy.gif

matka

You know, the thing I like about the Fullerton is the effort they take in doing up the cocktail reception area with the candles and rose petals. I've never seen it done in the other hotels before (maybe I'm THAT suaku) without any further expense.

Also, you'll be glad to know that at a friend's wedding dinner that I attended, two of my friends commented that the Fullerton's Soursop Pudding was very different yet good - not too sour, not too sweet. I take it as a sweetener for a memorable evening.
happy.gif

My compliments to Jade, the chef and his team!

kare2711

Postpet ..
My coordinator was also Elizabeth. She's very very nice. She was very patient even though she was pregnant throughout the time she was helping me organize my wedding. On the actual day of my wedding, she stayed till my second march-in. I really was very thankful for her professionalism.

Like you, the moment I saw the ballroom for the first time, I fell in love with it. From then on, there's really very little I can nitpick about that place.

postpet2

Hi all,

thanks for the reassurance.

I'll work hard towards getting a good date that is available at Fullerton too..hahaha
the dates are sure taken up real fast...

Happy New Year to all!!!

wendy76

Happy New Year to all Fullerton Brides..

This is the best thread in the forum tat i have visited... nice comments, helpful gals especially ex-fullerton brides...all the very best in the coming year...Happy marriage...
happy.gif

cheers
wendy

powderpuff

hi everyone, I just had my wedding last week. It was ok, the food was really good, much better than the food tasting. A lot of guests really had good comments about it, and they love the wine i used. I had Cabernet-Syrah Vin de Pays D'Oc 2002, JP Chenet. But because we didn't really have much time to prepare for the event, a lot of things went wrong. But we were lucky to get a lot of help from our relatives and friend otherwise...it can be worse.

hi wendy, have you booked with BV? what kind of gowns do you like?

icequeen

Hi there,

I'm new to this thread. Fullerton is 1 of my options in by banquet list. Great to see so many complements. Makes me feel really excited to fix and appt with them to view the ballrm esp.

However, one of my concern is that it seems from this thread that they're not so accomodating to the package that they can give. Our frenz and relatives drink alot. so really worried coz personally i felt 1 barrel of beer is definitely not enuff.

My frenz just cfm a date with marriot and was given free flow of beer. wonder if fullerton will be able to accomodate this request.

any advice on how we can negotiate?
How's the charges like? as it seems many in this thread said it's value for money.

Thanks

icequeen

hi skywolf,

I'm not sure but usually we need to check with the coordinator i suppose for any special arrangement. it's just like company D&D whereby such request need to be made know to see if the hotel can accomodate.

Hopefully other ladies around can help ans your question. otherwise it's best to check it out.

besse

hi gals

HAPPY new YEAR!! may this year be filled with blessings, joy and happiness to all of us!!

Powederpuff - CONGRATS!! hehe.. another happy fullerton bride.. *grin*

Skywolf..

Fullerton serves muslim menu. no prob abt that.. not sure if that is wat u meant by Halal.. you can go check with the coordinator when you meet up with them.
happy.gif

Hi Icequeen,

Fullerton's package is not so negotiable.. unfortunately, but it's already very comprehensive. you can prob do wat i did.. exchanged the wedding favours (Chocolate pralines) for an additional barrel of beer.

You can get the catering sales mgr to fax u the package for the price and details. best is fix appt with them not only to view the ballroom, but the heavenly loft suite as well... hehe.. i think many of us here left our hearts behind in fullerton mainly becos of the loft suite as well...

icequeen

Hi besse,
Happy New Year to you too!!

Thanks for your advice. may i check how much did they quote you? I believe I would like fullerton. But need to also consider the costs as I'm worried that the expenses will be way out after collecting all the "Ang Baos"..hee hee
happy.gif

I do have another option though..which is Grand Copthorne waterfront...But it seems that I see more complements to Fullerton...aiyah, making me feeling dreamy abt it..

wendy76

Hi powderpuff,
I m still in UK now thus not able to do any booking for my bridal yet... another gd comments fm u abt fullerton...
happy.gif
congrats... happy marriage

jam

Hi ladies,
I've just made my tentative booking with Fullerton. We haven't really looked around at other hotels but because of all your assuring advice, we decided to just settle with Fullerton (though that will make our budget a bit tight). Will be meeting Thomas in 2 weeks' time. Not too sure what to look out for at the first appt. But yah, will probably see if I can trade in certain things for more beer and waiver for corkage. And i'll definitely take a look at the loft suite =) Once again, thanks and happy new year!

powderpuff

Hi everyone, Nice to see the thread so active again.

Poox, Wine is not included, we served my favourite wine. We had a WD package and we changed the style for the chicken to Roast Chicken with Nam Yu Sauce and prawns to Wok-fried Prawns with Honey Beans in XO Sauce.

Skywolf, Yes they serve Hala and Veg meals upon request.

Besse, Thanks a lot. Actually i wasn't that happy because of our own poor coordination and all, but it was ok. Can anyone believe that we played the wrong song for our first march in? It took me so long to pick such a nice music, I still can't believe it myself.

Wendy, I didn't wear the WG form BV. I got myself another one from Allure Charix. Just be sure of what you want before booking with them. I didn't use their accessories, shoes, flowers and car decor as well, and hired my own makeup artist for actual day.

All the best for all brides planning for the big day

besse

powderpuff..

got picts to share?
happy.gif

why din you wear the WG from BV? din like it? or you found the ONE from Allure C?
happy.gif

Jam

Think you will be making the right decision la.. don fret.. we were quite worried initially abt the cost, but surprisingly, our relatives were so generous that we can cover the banquet..
happy.gif

icequeen,

mine was a 2003 package, diff from the 2004 package that they have released. anyway, the prices for weekday and weekends are diff. in fact, fullerton has 3 price tier if i am not wrong - weekdays, saturdays, and for fridays and sundays .. my advise is to call the catering sales to check, else can check from their website for the latest pricing.

poox

hi powerpuff

so that was your fav wine...mm....may i ask how much u pay for your wine?

mm...sound like u didn't have a very pleasant experience with BV? U make me a little worried :p
i've also bought a WG from Allure C....but will be wearing that for the morning and cocktail....keeping the BV's WG for church and dinner 1st march-in.

icequeen

Hi Besse,

Thanks once again. I'm planning my wedding in early jan 2005. I've gone thru the fullerton website and felt the price was reasonable.
Probably need to check with them whether it'll be the same rates for 2005.

Does anyone still has thomas or elizabeth's contact number?

ice

icequeen

Hi gals,

Me & hubby drove down to fullerton today n took a nice stroll..haha..really nice place. saw the ballrm from the reception as someone was holding a wedding. must say it look really nice esp with the pte reception.

but did not manage to peak into the ballrm :p

by the way, should I ask for the quotation first and browse thru the details or should I arrange for an appt with them then talk abt the details.
I went to the web but said nothing abt corkage charges and etc of those you've mentioned in this thread. I really took sometime to go thru this thread thru all the archives...haha and I must say it's really information overload...

besse,
you r rite!! as you've mentioned previously in the earlier archives of this thread, i would want to tell my children next time that i got married in fullerton becoz it's a special heritage bldg which will stand for the next decades...

though my mind tell me to source for some others to compare, but it seems my heart tells me where I want my special day to be..heheheee...

aiyah, really chatty today....but can't help it.
by the way, how long in advance should I book for the date in fullerton?
thanks

wendy76

Hi Powderpuff and poox,
do we need to purchase another gown for morning reception? btw is yours a weekend dinner package?

icequeen,
think u might wanna consider booking early cos its quite full now...fullerton is quite firm on their offers but then again with so much good comments from ex-fullerton brides think its worth the investment...all the very best...
happy.gif

besse,
your good comments does help...thanks a lot...
happy.gif

jam,
when is your AD? have u book your bridal?