The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

matka

*peek*

just popped in to say 'hi'.
happy.gif

poox

hi matka

how's life? i went pass Fullerton last week and the hotel look so nice with all the pillars lighted with gold lights!

besse

hello.. hehe.. din realised you gals posted.. paisey

Poox.. we went US for honeymoon.. to LA, LasVegas, Grand Canyon and San Fran.. was fun, but i still prefer Europe..

you have quite a while to decide if you wanna top up.. but i think it's worth it.. cos afterall, the wine itself cost almost as much or more (oh no.. i forgot!!)

We opened 3 barrels of beer, and wine just nice - we used up all 46 bottles of wine, and oni 2 bottles of hard liquor.

ya.. fullerton indeed beautiful.. it'll forever give me good memories of the most beautiful day of my life.

Matka..

haha.. nepal.. you hardcore leh!!
happy.gif
so how's married life??

matka

Hi girls
happy.gif

Poox, yah.. *dreamy sigh* Everytime I travel on the Benjamin Sheares or on Shenton Way, I have this feeling... "that's OUR hotel". hahaha

Don't you girls feel that way too? <grin>

Besse,
After the luxury of staying in the double-storey suite, Nepal was a totally different experience. Rough-and-tumble. But a very, very good and insightful experience nonetheless.

Married life is good. The fact that we have the label "married" seems a bit surreal. Nothing seems to have changed really cept that we have to clean our own house, wash the dishes, clothes... and face the prospects of monthly bills... electricity et al. Bleah. ;)

besse

matka

ya ya... we oso got that special feeling -- "our hotel" .. sigh... how i wish i can replay that magical nite again... everything juz whizz pass so quick that nite.. sigh..

how i miss the suite too... i was so reluctant when checking out...

am collecting my picts tomorrow from my AD photographer..
happy.gif
finally!!

poox

hihi

nice to hear from u gals again.

besse:u have quite a big event huh....46 tables! mm....bf says he can try to get wine at good prices....we'll see how that works out :p
U went US for honeymoon....that's nice...was it free and easy? That's one of my planned desination.

Matka: Same with me....i passed by the hotel every fri on the way to town after work and we'll wave at the hotel....:p

odie

Hi Ladies,

Am thinking of doing my own table numbering for my wedding dinner. Would like to find out how does the number stand look like.

If you gals have any photos to show... would appreciate if you could send it to me.

Lotsa thanks.

wendy76

Hi all fullerton bride...

I have juz booked my wedding in fullerton in dec 04.. kindly please e-mail me the table layout plan if there's any and advise on the food portion...
happy.gif

pam

Hi Besse,
Wow.... 46 tables??? Can the ballroom take so many tables? Remember Elizabeth told me that with 43 tables already very cramp.
Mine is on 28/12/03. Still waiting for RSVP replies to determine wat is the final count of tables.
Remember to share ur actual day pics.
BTW any tips for Fullerton brides-to-be?

besse

pam.. no prob with 46 tables.. max is 48 tables.. but trick is, try to plan your table with 11 pax so in case people last min can come and pull out.. will not affect your table dynamics too much.

in fact, 46 tables juz nice, not at all cramp.. still quite roomy...

but a feedback to all fullerton brides to be.. my guests at the end said they can really see us marching in from their table.. despite us requesting for all guests to be seated during the march in.. so maybe i can suggest that you all do a video out to the 2 screens at the side.

matka, got picts to share? i just got my ad picts ysday.. you can email me [email protected]

matka

Yep, i was told 48 tables is the max and it can accommodate 500 ppl.

I had abt 39-40 tables. But alcohol consumption was high... 2 barrels of beer and 60 bottles of wine opened in total. *cough*

Besse, will drop you a mail
happy.gif

matka

Hi wendy

you're still very early ;) Don't worry abt the layout plan. It really depends on the number of tables you have and that changes as you get your RSVPs too. Perhaps you can ask your coordinator to give you a rough plan. The ballroom can fit 3 tables from the stairs to the stage.

The food portion is good. Everything is evenly spread out. The banquet staff will portion it out for your guests.
happy.gif

wendy76

Thanks matka...
i feel really nervous and lost at times cos i m now in UK, will be back in March yet to see the ballroom juz saw it on web... my FH booked it cos he really like fullerton... lots to be done.... do u think i will be in time for all this??? congrats....happy married bride... btw i too need to book hotel rooms for my overseas guest.. pls. advise rates... thanks a lot... u r my mentor...
happy.gif

wendy76

Hi Fullerton brides,

My wedding package 2004 include a bottle of free wine for every table but dunno if i still need to pay for cockage charges...

kare2711

Matka, Besse
I know what you meant by your 'our hotel' moments! I have them too. There's always a tight hold on my heart every time I see Fullerton. Fullerton will never be the same again! LOL. And it does help that Fullerton is so pretty on the outside too.

matka

Hi Wendy

Glad to be of help. But mentor.. err.. don't call me that lar. I only contribute what i know. You actually have lots of time. In fact you only need to meet your coordinator a few times, and March is more than enough time. You'll probably have to worry abt your gowns more than you have to abt the hotel.
happy.gif

As for hotel rooms, the rate i got was a promotional $219 per night for a standard room (i think). But you should check it out with the hotel nearer the time because there might be promotions going on. Published rates are usually much higher.

kare2711, *hi-5*
happy.gif

wendy76

Thanks Matka...

btw did u change any of the dishes in your menu??
walking down the stairs of the ballroom... do u need to be extra carefull???
happy.gif

besse

hi hi matka..

rec your links and viewed your picts.. you so pwetty!!! hehe.. i have not uploaded my picts yet
happy.gif

kare
ya ya.. i agree with you too.. never regretted chosing fullerton!!!

matka

hi girls
happy.gif

Wendy, nope we didn't change a single thing on the menu. The food was great.

I usually wear flats/sneakers. So I was generally afraid of tripping that day since i wore 3 1/2 inch heels. But it was fine. Just be confident when you walk around. My coordinator told me - don't look down when you walk down the stairs, just look straight and smile. If you feel like you're falling, give your husband's arm a jerk so that he'll know to support you more.

Everything went without a hitch. It'll be very obvious if you seem to concious about it
happy.gif

Besse, thanks
happy.gif
*blush* It's the wonders of make-up. hahahah.

Don't worry, i'll bug you for your pix in a while ;)

pam

Hi Besse,
Can share your pics with me?
[email protected]
Thanks!

Seeing you girls so satified with Fullerton for your wedding banquet, makes me look forward to mine.
2 more weeks to go!

Hi Matka,
We decided to do away with the first dish presentation song too. Still can't find the instrumental version of Rainbow Connection. Guess we have to find something else.
sad.gif

pam

Besse,
When u mean "but trick is, try to plan your table with 11 pax so in case people last min can come and pull out.. will not affect your table dynamics too much", is it that those who "not sure can come or not" ones I put as 11th person so that when they turn up Fullerton will charge us for that person if that person doesn't turn up Fullerton does not charge us???
I have a few such cases, poor me still thinking if I should put them in or not. Any advice?

wendy76

hi poox
thanks... so when is your wedding day???

Pam
All the best in your upcoming wedding....share your experience with us pls...

Besse
Can i view your pic too..thanks

matka

Hi girls
happy.gif

Pam, I found a 'karaoke' version of Rainbow Connection. But it doesn't sound too nice tho. I'll u/l it into my yahoo! briefcase and send you the link. Why don't you use a version with vocals by singers such as the Carpenters or Sarah McLachlan?

Besse, am viewing them now. Great pix!

Poox, i'll forward you my link
happy.gif

poox

hello ladies

Thank u besse and matka for the link, looking forward to view them tonight
happy.gif

hi wendy, my church wedding is on 8 May 2004 and dinner at Fullerton on 9 May 2004. r u considering BV? I'm a BV bride too!

pam

Hi Matka,
Hmm.... I think the Carpenters one is nice but Hubby prefers instrumental one coz we heard it being played live at Fullerton during our photoshoot and we love it.
Ok will get it from your my yahoo! briefcase later. Thanks for your help!
Mind sharing your pix wif me? Caught a glimpse of some of ur lovely pics from the ones u sent n would love to see more.
happy.gif

Thanks Wendy, BTW i'm also a BV bride. Same combination as poox a Fullerton BV bride.
happy.gif

matka

Hi Poox, i like your date... it's my parents' wedding anniversary
happy.gif

Pam, why don't you ask your coordinator for the song then? It's probably in their CD collection. hehe. Unless, your 'live' meant a live pianist! I'm doing up my simple site, so i'm adding them a little by little, will send you the link soon
happy.gif

wendy76

Hi poox
my dinner at fullerton is on the 26th Dec 04.. yup considering BV what type of package are u taking??? how long in advance do i need to book with the bridal... as i m now still in UK only be back in April or June hence do u think i have enough time...

Pam
Hope to have the same combination as both of u too...

Matka
thanks for the photos... u look great...

pam

Hi Matka,
Ya.... there was a sting quartet playing it. Dun know if can hire them to perform. After which, during my 2nd march in play Rainbow Connection then they can go off already. I think going to cost me a bomb!

besse

Pam..

you will have to confirm table with special guest diet or extra seatings 3-5 days before the actual date.. so for those with 11 pax (make sure not all tables are planned with 11 pax la), just confirmed with coordinator at 10 pax. then if the 11th person turn up, they can serve the 11th person (muz coordinate v well with your own helpers to inform the banquet manager 2 preset the table last min before guests go into the banquet hall, after they arrived at the reception) .. like that, they will only charge the 11th pax when utilised.

But if you confirm 11 pax with fullerton and only 10 turn up, den you will have to pay for 11 pax...

err... nt sure if you understand wat i trying to say... *sheepish grin*

ok.. will try email you gals the link..

poox

hello

thanx besse and matka....your pic look great!! and fullerton is just so lovely :p esp with your happy and beautiful faces
happy.gif

matka, i have some problem viewing your video though....the first one doesn't load till the end and the other two cannot open. i also met up with Ami....am still considering whether to do a love story clip with her :p more$$$

besse: thanx for your advice on the seating arrangement....so if we utilise the 11th pax last min then we'll be charged....but how they portion the food? dish for 10 shared by 11???

Pam: Go hmv or that cd shop at pacific plaza....ask the people there...they should be able to help you with your song.

Wendy: Don't worry....u still have time
happy.gif
BV only needs about 5 months so you can visit them and decide when you're back. I've booked the simplicity package but am considering upgrading it as i would love to have a ballgown
happy.gif
see how it goes next week....going down to see her proposals
happy.gif

wendy76

Poox
thanks...how much is your packgae with BV and what does that include...btw who's your coordinator at fullerton... mine is Garey yet to meet him....
happy.gif

poox

hi postpet2: i think it's only two little heart chocolate :p

hi wendysiew: i took the simplicity package $4980. my coordinator at fullerton is also garey
happy.gif
he's very professional :p

matka

Hi Girls
happy.gif

Wendy, thanks!

Pam, Perhaps some orchestra has played the rainbow connection before.. but i'm not sure how drama that'll sound! You could try your luck calling up HMV's classical section. Their staff ought to be well-versed in the collections there.

If i remember correctly, a string quartet would probably cost abt $1k or more for 2 sets. Each set is 45 minutes. I think!

Poox, it's ok when i view the videos online. Perhaps it was just a bad connection then? I highly recommend doing the video if your budget permits. Our hearts also ached a little when we signed the contract (haha) but it was all worth it.

She's very passionate about doing the videos and she's got good concepts so you're really safe. Long-Story-Short was a hit with our guests when it was played during the dinner. I could hear the whole ballroom laughing when we were waiting outside for our 2nd entrance.
happy.gif

wendy76

poox: Thanks.. your BV package does it include photography and bridal car deco...

matka: how's your videography?? thought of Fabian Lim production...any other suggestion??

Winterhakone: when is your wedding date... i am also a Dec 04 fullerton bride but yet to choose my bridal...

poox

hello

matka: i'll try again later....how much did u spent on video? did u upgrade your pkg with fullerton to get the projector thrown in? not sure if i still have a chance to bargain? btw, how many tables did u confirm?

wendy: yes, the package is very comprehensive...incl car deco and photography by popular photographers like KIM, Chris, Andrew Choi, Utopia....

wendy76

Winterhakone: mine is on the 26th Dec 04.. how's BV.. r u on the same package as poox??

Poox: what abt the groom suite?? i think i shall put BV as my first choice... how's everything so far?? when is your PS?? did u take the ballgrown..

poox

hello wendy

yup! the pkg incl a mtm groom's suit plus a otr one too
happy.gif
it'll be done by Men's Club next door so super convenient!
i would say the choice is very personal....so go check out a few before u finally pick THE one
happy.gif
i'm going down to see my proposed design this thu....i'll probably decide after that :p