The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

besse

Hi Cin Cin

wah.. u look so pwetty. hehe.. so happy on the actualy day!! any prob with walking down the steps?? hope i don fall

hehe

I went fullerton 2 meet up with the florist last evening.. have decided on using deep red roses and plenty of baby's breathe..

Quite excited..

poox

hello cin

thank u for sharing your pic.
pic look nice
happy.gif
so how's married life?

besse

Hello all

Just came back from food tasting.. food's ok, hope that nite can maintain same standard..

Matka, i've also chosen roses as my theme flowers.. deep red roses with baby breath.. hehe.. hoping 2 create the romantic ambience.. did you top up on your package 2 get the wine?? we are thinking of doing so..

Cin, did you open up another barrel of beer or just enuff? how many bottles of wine did you use??

matka

Hi Cin, very nice pix!

Besse, we didn't get the wine from the hotel because my fiance's dad has a friend in the wine biz so giving the business to his friend. He ordered 84 bottles which I think is a lot. That's two bottles per table. Hopefully our guests aren't closet alcoholics ;)

Oh yes, do you girls know what they do to the beer if the barrel is opened but with the rest unconsumed?

cin

Hi Besse,

Yes we opened up another barrel of beer, and 38 bottles of red/white wine if i remember correctly. Not that many cause some tables brought their own alchohol haha.. and our dinner was on a sunday...usually guests attending a saturday dinner will drink more than on a sunday, cause next day don't have to work...
happy.gif

Hi Matka,
84 bottles of wine is a lot! esp if yours is a sunday dinner... hope your friends don't sabo you with the leftover wine hee hee
happy.gif

tattybear

hi CIN,
thanks for sharing your lovely pics!
happy.gif

hi all fullertonbrides,
i read and know tat its possible to top up 30+++ per table for house wine per table n free use of projector?
what will happen to the original eg. 12 bottles of corkages waive?

And if we need more wine than the free wine per table, any extra corkages gonna be charged for tat?

Thanks.

blush

hi all

i am considering doing my wedding dinner at fullerton at the end of 2004. but i only have about 20+ tables. i know their minimum for weekday is 30 tables.

has anyone tried to negotiate with them to lower the minimum required tables? i checked with them, but was told that the price per table will go up. anyone knows what's the likely increase?

thanks!!

powderpuff

Hi Blush,

I think you should get a good rate for 20 tables since it is just 10 tables short. We are having only 10 tables and it is slightly over 1000 each table. make sure you tell them the maximum tables you are going to have because we got to pay the same rate now even if we increase the number of tables.

poox

cin
how many tables did u have? 38 bottles of wine and some brought their own.....i wonder how many bottles i need to cater :p

lovekin: i saw the setup for new asia menu during the wedding show there....i love it but i've already booked mine - chinese menu.

tattybear: i think it's better to check with your coordinator.

blush: no harm trying but the ballroom may look very bare....why dun u consider the straits room.....it's very english and classy.

cin

Hi Pooh,

We had 34 tables... but most of the tables had either 11 or 12 people per table instead of the usual 10
happy.gif
so top up per head for the extra people lor...cause some want to sit with this person, some don't want to sit with that person, and some are muslim eating... so in the end we had about 365 guests i think...

that time fullerton hadn't come out with their wine package yet, so our wine was not inclusive...

besse

hi gals

me just had our final round of confirmation with our coordinator on our wedding prog and plans..

Decided to top up the 30+++ per table for a free bottle of wine for each table and use of the projector..

Tattybear, what we did was, we did away with the wedding favours in exchange for another barrel of beer, so now we oni left with corkage waiver for 5 bottles of hard liquor that we are bringing in ourselves.

In case you ran out of wine, you can purchase from the hotel at S$38+++ per bottle. You will not have to pay for corkage if u purchase the wine from the hotel. tried the lindermanns for the red and willowglen for the white.. pretty nice and decent, so we gonna get all our wine from Fullerton.. save the hassle of logistics and all!

Hope it helps!

tattybear

Hi Besse,
Thanks for your advice.
it sure did clear some doubts
i'm going to meet my coord. this sat.
i believe in the end i'll do the same like yours
happy.gif

how did u decide on which type of wine? their house wine? did u get to try the wine while having discussion?

TKS

besse

tattybear,

ya, we decide on Lindermanns for the red and WillowGlen for the white.. it's their housewine.. and yup, we tried the wine during foodtasting as well as last evening. you can request that from your coordinator.

When's your wedding?

Gals, my coordinator going on her maternity leave.. any recommendation who's the next best banquet sales manager to take over my acct? any feedback on gary, danny or thomas?

blissz

hi besse

same here!! we oso decided to top up 30+++ for the wine and projectors.

btw did u choose your flowers at the florist?? my coordinator asked us to choose based on the pictures he showed us but i felt that the choices are pretty limited.

tattybear

hi besse,
tks for the info
happy.gif

shall ask to try the wine in the next meet up.
my wedding is next year march.
i believe your coord is eliz, same here.

my original date is nov 2nd, but re-scheduled.

besse

tattybear,

haha, i'm the lucky one who took over from the date you had to let go!
happy.gif
my wedding's on Nov 2nd.

Ya, my coord is eliz, but she's due on 5 Nov, so she's gonna pass us to another of her colleague.. but i wan to have the most suitable coordinator working with us on our big day.. else won feel secure..

Blissz,

ya, i met Cecelia, the florist.. i chose the deep red rose and baby's breath, cos i wanna have the ballroom to match my EG which is rich deep red..
happy.gif
furthermore red roses is a symbol of love and romance... *dreamz..
happy.gif

blissz

hi besse

oic...i'm thinking of choosing cream or champagne coloured roses....btw did the florist meet you at fullerton or did u go to her shop?

my coordinator is garey...he's quite obliging and very polite...u may wish to consider him...
happy.gif

tattybear

besse,
haha so u r the one who took my original date :D
i'm sure u will be in good hands with the new coord. dun worry
happy.gif

matka

Hey girls

I just had my wedding. And I can safely say that... we've certainly made the right choice!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I've got nothing but good words to say about the hotel. The suite is to die for as well. I felt like a suaku when I was exploring the room when we first checked in. I just went "waaaahhh..." non-stop! The service is impeccable and the staff are absolutely dedicated professionals. They certainly live up to their name as Best New Hotel.

My coordinator was Thomas and he was extremely patient with me. Just before the wedding, i called him non-stop just to clarify on one single issue. I would've driven myself nuts if I were him. But he was very patient and obliging with me. If he were the least irritated, he definitely did not display that in front of me. They make you feel very good. First class service : )

Going through the proceedings for the dinner was a breeze. I left them all in the hands of my friends and the hotel. They know what they're doing and you can sleep well : )

tulipgal

Hi!!!

I'm also going to hold my wedding in Nov 2004. Have already checked out Fullerton and met up with Thomas twice to go through the package. He's a really patient guy, I must say. And yes!!! The suite is to die for!!! Have made my tentative booking alreadi. Hope that it is all worth it based on all of your great comments about Fullerton!
happy.gif

poox

hihi matka

congratulations!! glad that everything went well and u love fullerton
happy.gif
such a relief to hear that. so how many bottles of wine did ur guest consume? what did u exchange for ultimately for the wedding favours and cards?

hi besse

i'm with garey and i find him professional and nice.

kare2711

Since I'm an old bride of Fullerton, I thought I'll just throw in a few words
happy.gif

I had my wedding there in May, 30th May to be exact. Elizabeth was my co-ordinator. She has been generous and wonderful, despite the fact that she was pregnant. She stayed with us until after our second walk-in. I actually felt a little bad for her.

What I have now are the best of feelings of Fullerton. Whenever I passed by the hotel, I would feel tingly and touched. If given a second chance, I would not hesitate, not even for a moment, on which hotel I would go for. Not even when Ritz Carlton or Raffles Hotel or any of the other hotels are thrown into my face. I'll still go for Fullerton.

The two nights I stayed there were also so memorable. The whole experience at Fullerton was nothing short of breathtaking.

Who said there's no such thing as love at first sight? That's what happened to me with Fullerton. The moment I saw the ballroom, I told my husband that it was the one. And it was.

matka

Hi Poox

Guess what. I think it was a good thing we ordered 84 bottles. I only expected 40 bottles max to be consumed (1 per table) since it's a Sunday. But turned out that so many of our guests are drinkers! The final count was 60 bottles for the night. That's an average of 1 1/2 bottles per table. Now I'm left wondering who the big drinkers are... (scary) haha. I'll have to refer to the photos for 'evidence' <grin>

We also opened 2 barrels of beer which was almost gone.

In exchange for the wedding favours and cards, we got a waivor of $200 for the 2nd barrel of beer. But when the bill came, they gave us a further discount (which was nice of them) to $300.

In the end, we made our own cards and bookmarks for wedding favours. We also did our own table numberings for a personal touch.

The one thing I'm quite happy was the timing. Our guests were mostly quite punctual and dinner proper started by 8.15pm and ended by 10.45pm.

I think the Fullerton staff are all trained to be super-nice. I was quite shocked to see how stern and demanding they can be with their staff and in a split-second, turn around and give us (their clients) a broad smile as if nothing had happened. What a 360-degree about-turn! Talk about professionalism.

It's quite funny, really. We've gotta learn a lot from them about patience.

:p

matka

hi kare2711!

I agree wholeheartedly with you. When my husband (then-boyfriend) and I first walked into the Fullerton in 2000 to explore, we were commenting that it'd be a nice place to hold a wedding. We were non-committal then so what we said couldn't be taken seriously.

When he proposed last Nov, we decided to look for a suitable place for our wedding. Shangri La was too often used so there was no novelty. It was then between Hotel Intercontinental and the Fullerton. Hotel Intercon was one down because the banquet sales person was seemed sooo uninterested over the phone. But we were won over by Fullerton's response.

3 years down the road, we actually got married at the same place we mentioned. Quite amazing.

They really make you feel like a king and queen when you're there. The wedding couple is always made to feel special by everyone. And hey, it's cool to have your car parked out in the front for 2 days with the valet looking after it :p

I'll definitely miss that feeling! <grin>

pam

Hi Kare and Matka,
Thanks for sharing...... great advice and info for us Fullerton brides-to-be.
Do drop by this thread more often, I'm sure lots of brides-to-be have lots of questions from time to time.
Cheers!

besse

Kare, Matka

haha.. it was love at 1st sight for me with Fullerton too.. it certainly gave me a lot of confidence that my wedding will be great with a team so professional and experienced on hand to help!!

Kare, i wish Elizabeth will be there on my wedding, but guess she's gotta take her well deserved rest before she popped
happy.gif
so we are being passed over to Thomas..

Tattybear..

hee, ya, gotta say thanks to you else i will have to settle for Pan Pac hotel liaoz.. so how's your prep?? where's your bridal?

poox

hihi

me too!! after seeing all the nice comments in SBO, we decided to check out the place and wow!! both of us love it at first sight too!! and it's the first hotel we visit during our search for venue
happy.gif

powderpuff

Congratulations Matka,

Glad to hear that you are so pleased with the service. I just had my PS there the other day. We couldn't get a bridal suite for our shooting because Fullerton was fully booked. Did you have a lot of out of town guests? Ha ha... We took our pictures at the lighthouse lounge which has couches like the suite so we are quite pleased about that.

matka

Thanks Powderpuff
happy.gif

I had a number of out-of-town guests but they were staying on the same floor as the Lighthouse, on the 8th floor, which has a fantastic view. I didn't realise that the suites were fully booked - it seemed awfully quiet! Ooh, now you made me wish I headed up to the Lighthouse lounge as well ;)

tattybear

hi besse,
no probs. glad tat you got your desired date at your desired hotel
happy.gif

preps are getting on fine, taking things slowly hehe

i'm with x-zen bridal. how abt u?
happy.gif

besse

Hi tattybear

Ya, that's my dream hotel to get married ;)

I'm with The Wedding Present. Cousin went for x-zen and the gown is v nice.. think yours will look fantastic too!!!
happy.gif

tattybear

Hi Besse,

CONGRATULATIONS on NOV 2nd!
happy.gif

hope u have enjoyed every minute n secs of your Special day
happy.gif

and do updates us on fullerton services.

See u soonz.

besse

Hi gals

Me back .. just checked out from the heavenly loft suite reluctantly...

I had a great time at my wedding at Fullerton.. their service was immaculate and the general feedback from the guests were excellent.. all the people have worked to give us a wonderful wedding right down to the minor details

Food wise, feedback was also good.. plentiful portion and even an uncle who is a food gourmet/chef had positive comments...

one suggestion to you gals however, is that DO NOT use the tall flower stands for your guests table centrepiece as it can be pretty troublesome in removing the flowerr stand when taking table pictures..

Am going for my honeymoon early tomorrow.. will catch up with you gals when i get back!!

Take care

poox

hi besse

so glad to hear your positive comments!

enjoy your honeymoon and share ur pics with us if you feel comfortable.

btw did u use their projector?

matka

Hi Besse

I just went through the Military Wedding thread and I'm sooooooooooooooo sorry I missed your query.
sad.gif
Apologies. But I'm glad you had a great wedding! I checked out of the hotel very reluctantly as well... to the point that my hubby asked me "you mean, you don't want to go back to OUR house?". That worked, cos then I felt so guilty. *blush*

Anyways, we got back from our honeymoon almost 2 weeks ago and only just got around to visiting SingaporeBrides. Hear from you girls soon
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

kare2711

Poox
Not Besse but I did use their projectors. Initially I have wanted to bring my own projectors but decided in the end not to, too troublesome!

matka

Hi Poox

I've enquired abt using our own projectors, but was (naturally) advised against it by our coordinator.

Using our own projectors would mean:
1. Bringing 2 of our projectors to the ballroom and setting up 2 tables just for them. You will compromise the number of tables the ballroom can take.
2. Wiring the 2 projectors from our laptop, which means lots of cables running around across the ballroom which would be unslightly.
3. Having to coordinate your laptop with the two projectors. In the end, you might just need to have two laptops and having two persons try pressing the <start> button at the same time.

Their projectors are suspended from the ceiling so all their cables are concealed. They already have the connection point for your laptop to be connected and this includes the sound system. So one click of the button is good enough.

I understand the projectors are a little costly but perhaps you can try to off-set the cost by exchanging them for something else?

Hi spect75, if i remember correctly, the minimum no of tables should be around 35 for a weekend. They might've amended their packages so best if you gave them a call. I think it used to be available in their website but not anymore. IMHO, they've great service!
happy.gif

besse

hi gals..

me back from honeymoon.. still jet lagged.. can't zzz so surf in..

poox.. we topped up our package by adding additional 30 bucks per table.. and got a bottle of wine per table and the free use of the 2 projectors.. that was a v good deal that you can consider... in fact, we played our photography montage, actual day footage and the movie clip that a good dear fren has made herself for us as a gift.. so worth it.
happy.gif

hi hi kare .. how you been? long time no see..

Matka.. how's life been for u? where did ya go for honeymoon?? hehe.. i oso checked out of the heavenly suite so reluctantly... the 1st day was kinda wasted cos we spent most of the day counting ABs.. so did you make?
happy.gif

matka

Heya Besse

We went to Nepal for our honeymoon. Very interesting experience, not the relaxed loungey type tho
happy.gif

Yep. 3/4 of our first day was spent settling the money. So i'm glad the hotel's package included a 2-nights stay - one for us to worry about the $$$ and the next for us to enjoy. ;)

We pretty much made it (but not counting the 2 deposits we paid beforehand). Together with our tea ceremony and Church ABs, we even managed to cover some of the extra expenditure. My grandparents gave us USD so we didn't cash it but used it for the honeymoon instead.

poox

hihi besse

welcome back! so where did u go for your honeymoon? mm....am reconsiderinf topping up the $30 per table....still haven decided whether to do a video to screen
happy.gif

so did u at least break even? top up more wine?