The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

wen

Hi besse
Dont think will get to sample the wine during food tasting. Thomas mentioned something about another session for wine tasting but i forgot liao...
so are you going to prepare your own wedding favour?

besse

wen

nope.. don plan to waste extra cash on wedding fav that people won appreciate. i'd rather buy something more personal as thank kew gifts for frens who lent helping hand
happy.gif

*ponder.. what will make a good thank kew gift leh??

poox

matka

i think u've gotten quite a good deal....i think i shall go speak to my coordinator again!

cookiemz

hi wen,

ya, it's not worth paying so much for grouper fillet and shredded chicken. i was under the impression that there would be no change to my menu leh... hmmm... looks like i have to settle my own wines liao ;(

if you find the white card too plain, can add names/wedding date/pics to the front. Jasvy has many templates for you to choose from. gold lettering on the white card is quite difficult to read, silver matches the best but old folks may not like & copper the most readable.

poox

matka

hw many tables did u book? u exchange the cards and wedding favours for free use of 2 projectors and a free barrel of beer or pianist?

i think the barrel of beer cost much more than a pianist..

matka

Hey Poox

Is it a good deal? Heh. We didn't do much comparison but we said "Ok" once it sounded alright! <grin> Now I'm happy. :D

We booked the minimum no of tables for a Sunday - 35, but we expect our numbers to go up to about 40-45 tables.

Yup, the final package came up to the usual minus
1) invitation cards
2) wedding favours. we figured people won't really remember the chocolates anyway.

We received:
1) usage of projectors
2) choice of barrel of beer (or is it 50% cost, maybe!) or pianist.

Sorry, i can't really remember the beer part. The file is not with me. :p

besse

Matka

Ya.. i oso did away with the Chocs.. cos don think people will bother abt bringing the chocs with them (thru observation from the weddings i've attended)

For that, we exchanged for 11 bots of house wine OR waiver of 21 bots of house wine corkage. (note, our min confirmation is 40 tables) .. you gals can explore that option i guess

Anyway, the price of the house wine has came down to S$38+++ from $48+++. it's definitely more worth it to order from the hotel to save the trouble of indenting our own.

diasy

Had firmed up mine on 26th Dec. Actually have not even verify with MIL if the date is auspicious. Any bride getting wedded around the same period?

By the way, love the charming loft, grandeur of the ballroom and the interesting stairs.

On the housewine, upon the +++, it will easily comes to S$45 and S$55. Is it still worth getting from the hotel?

powderpuff

I think this is the last update. Do feel free to add your own name and details to this list.

Cookiemz - 17&amp;18Sep03/Yvonne Creative/Mabel Lee Photography
Blissz - 30Oct03 /TedWu/Montage/Greymatters (KC Wong)
Besse - 2Nov03/TheWeddingPresent/AndrewChoi/Triston Yeo
Wen - 17Nov03/TanYoong/(Wesley Loh)/ThePond(Tan Ngiap Heng)
Powderpuff - 23Dec03/BV/Utopia
Pam - 28Dec03/BV/Studio D'fia/(Choon Huat)
Miumiu - Feb04/Silhouette&amp;Sophia/Sophia
Tealeaf1 - 13mar04/Blush2
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Not allowed
Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV/ Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Matka - 4&amp;5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery

powderpuff

Hi Snowy,

Welcome for joining the thread. I thought the new packages come with wine. I think you can find out more with your coordinator.

cookiemz

hi snowy,

the hotel is currently trying to get more couples to use their house wines, so there's room for negotiation on the package with regards the price of wine and waiver of corkage.

besse

Hello gals..
Have not posted in this thread for a long long time.. how;s everyone's prep?

Cookiemz.. wedding coming soon hor.. prep everything oledy? hehehe.. muz not stress yourself.. and keep yourself in TIP TOP condition k?! ;) Do you suppose we can renegotiate nearer to our wedding on the price of the wine and all?

I'm oni going for my food tasting in End Sept, so prob will have the detailed discussion with coordinator in Oct.. What kinda setup and color themes have you chosen? hmm.. so overwhelmed now.. esp got so much to do on the house.. *pant pant

matka

Hi girls

We just had our food tasting. The food was yum!!! Till i felt ill after that because i over-ate. heheh. *blush*

My update: just added the actual day photography and videography. Finally confirmed them.

Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Not allowed
Matka - 4&amp;5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery/Eu Lee (photo) &amp; Wedding Paparazzi (video)

poox

hihi

dunno why my actual day photographer is now Not Allowed?

Just updated it below.
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Matka - 4&amp;5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery/Eu Lee (photo) &amp; Wedding Paparazzi (video)

blissz

hi besse

i'm oso planning to meet up with my coordinator to discuss some details...btw, do they give us cards based on the total number of confirmed tables??

hi matka

did u have your food tasting as dinner or lunch??any particular dishes that are good?? have u printed your cards yet??

matka

Hi Blissz

Our food tasting was dinner... wld there be a difference?

Nice dishes.. Part of the appetiser included baked pork ribs. I usually hate pork, but this one was good.

Sharks Fin was good, so was the steamed soon hock. Very soft. It helps that the fish and prawns are really fresh.

The dessert chilled soursop pudding sounded a little weird. But turned out to be a pleasant surprise.
happy.gif

Now i'm hungry again.

We designed and printed our own cards. We had them ready about two-three weeks ago so we've already sent out our invitations last week.

Poox, i was also quite surprised to see a "Not allowed" under your listing. <grin>

Powderpuff, pardon my ignorance, what does "F'soup" mean?

blissz

hi matka

oic....not sure if it's different...think got to check with garey....good to hear that the food was yummy
happy.gif

cookiemz

hi besse,

ya, i think u can try negotiating for your wines around food tasting time. i juz topped up my package by 30+++ per table to get a bottle of house wine per table, free use of 2 LCD projectors, 6 bottles of corkage waiver and no changes to my menu. save me a lot of hassle getting my own wines and projectors
happy.gif

the hotel has very limited colour schemes.. i took the gold with red theme and picked yellow lilies with coloured roses. hope it turns out okay. i'm also very stressed with my new house, juz gotten the keys to it 2 weeks ago, so many things to do and so little time left.. :mad:

hi gals,

i had Yam paste with pumpkin and ginko nuts (Orh Nee) for dessert at my food tasting and it was very nice... not too sweet! but portion very stingy :p~~~

powderpuff

Hi matka,
F is for Fast and S is for Soup, but it is "not allowed" on Singaopre brides. By the way, you can move your name forward on the list as the list is arranged according to the date of event... if you like.

matka

Powderpuff, why is FS not allowed on SingaporeBrides? *Kaypoh mode ON*

Didn't realise that the dates were listed in a chronological order. Just goes to show my (lack of) analytical skills! <grin>

Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat

matka

cookiemz,
hahaha... you know, that's what we kept telling the chef during the feedback session: Sharksfin... very nice, but not enough. Prawns only one per person, not enough. hee hee. The only thing that was more than enough was the Ee Fu noodles. But then again, that's just me being greedy ;)

poox

hihi matka

how much did u pay to print your own wedding invites? i'm doing that as well....can share your contacts?

powderpuff: what happen to fs??

matka

Hi Poox

I had mine really, really cheap.. because it's a personal contact. But I could share with you the name of the printer. It's called Semco Designs and I've used them for another job, they're pretty good. I'll drop you a mail.
happy.gif

cookiemz

hi matka,

ya lor, the food portion is really small, i suppose they call it 'fine dining' kekeke... did you have 8 or 10 pple for food tasting? the chef mentioned that the noodles and dessert dish we had were actually prepared for 10 pple when there were only 8 of us at food tasting, means actual day our guests will only have 2 mouthfuls of noodles/dessert each :mad:~

hi ladies,

anybody here wan those silver ribbons (for tying the cards) given by the hotel? i have 300+ of them to give away
happy.gif

matka

Heya Cookiemz

Fine dining will be lagi worse.. imagine a big plate with a small piece of meat. Everyone will go hungry. I think the closest that the dinner came to it was the prawn dish. heheheh.

Yep, the Noodles and dessert were prepared for a table of 10. I guess cos they can't really reduce the size of the bowl/mould (eg: for the soursop pudding)

I just hope that the quality of the food is maintained on the actual day! *Crossing fingers*

powderpuff

Hi Matka and Poox,

I have really no idea what's happening with FS. I was forced to delete those words with i tried to post our schedule. If you try posting that name, a not allowed message will appear.

I am preparing to print my cards too. Please let me know how much you paid for printing, and the Semco's number too. Thank you.

matka

hihi

to tell you the truth, i had no idea what FS was... so I did a search and realised that they provided photography services. I'm so suaku.

Powderpuff, you've got mail
happy.gif

Cookiemz, I would love to get some of the ribbons from you if you have any spare. I'll need to do up my church programme booklet so it'll come in very handy.
happy.gif

cookiemz

hi matka,

the ribbons are pre-cut, 46 cm long and 7mm wide. if u can use them, i can pass all of them to you coz i bought my own ribbons
happy.gif
drop me a mail by clicking my username den i can arrange to pass them to you.

poox

hello

i've decided to get my own wedding favours. can someone advise me what i can try to exchange for?

besse

Hi Poox, if you don already hv a bottle of wine for each table in your package already, you can top up for wine or corkage.. else, you can check if you can exchange for dining voucher or additional room nite??
happy.gif

How's every one's prep?? am excited.. wedding's oni 1.5 mths 2 go...

poox

hi besse

haven heard from u for a while....
time really flies...when we first started chatting u have not even booked fullerton...so how is your prep? went for food tasting already? mine is still quite a long way to go :p

thanx for the suggestion....will see what i can do.

besse

Hi Poox

ya lor, been busy recently with reno and furnishing shopping.. your love nest done up??

we going for food tasting end of sept.. now getting the invites printed out and buying my GDL stuff
happy.gif

pam

Hi Girls,
I need your help in sending me a copy of the Fullerton floorplan for approx 40 tables.
I have not asked my coordinator yet but juz wanted a rough sketch to do some initial planning.
Email [email protected]
Thanks!

pam

Hi Cookiemz,
Thanks!
Congratulations and best wishes for your wedding tomorrow and Thursday!
Must be soooo exciting. Must share ur experience with us when you come back.
happy.gif

besse

Cookiez... CONGRATS!!! HAVE FUN on your BIG DAY!!

Kare.. no, elizabeth will go on maternity prob end OCt, early Nov.. i do hope she can see my wedding thru!
happy.gif

Hi gals..

how's everyone's planning?

besse

wa... that gal still not yet sleep on eve of her wedding?
happy.gif

hehe.. muz be too kan cheong hor! ..

hmmpf, today's weather looks superb!!

Tang tang tang tang.. *in tune 2 wedding march

besse

hey gals

am meeting the fullerton florist next week.. 2 decide on the flora decor etc.. i clueless abt flowers so figured better start early..
happy.gif

1 month 1 week 2 go.. stress level upped liaoz
sad.gif

matka

Congrats Cookiemz
happy.gif

Guess what. My wedding's exactly 2 weeks away and I've only just confirmed the floral arrangements today ;) Well we've had a prior meeting last month just never gotten round to telling my coordinator the settings we wanted. hehe
happy.gif

besse

matka

i'll be meeting cecelia the florist on wednesday.. can share wat flowers you chosen? color theme??

Thanks!! and happy prep!!

matka

Hi Besse

I didn't even meet the florist :p

I just selected the floral arrangements based on the portfolio that my coordinator showed. hehe.. I chose roses and lilies with candles.. light coloured. My table settings are ivory and gold.