The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

besse

Hi Powdy..

Congratulations on your ROM!!
happy.gif

I just took my PS in Fullerton on last Friday..

Thank god for the indoor shots.. outdoors was sweltering
happy.gif
Am sure you all will love the suite for PS.. some much nice angles to take.. Am so glad i chose Fullerton!!

poox

wow besse...so fast! didn't realise how fast time flies!

so glad u like fullerton...hope i'll have just as much fun when i turn comes next year :p so did u take pic from the loft suite or fullerton suite? share share u pic when they're ready lei....

cin

Hi girls!

Wah, this thread still very busy... came back from my honeymoon two weeks ago... for those of you who don't know me, i am an ex-fullerton bride, had my wedding on June 22. If need any info, feel free to ask and i'll try my best to relay anything i know or experienced
happy.gif

powderpuff

Hi Cin,
Congatulations. don't say 'ex'. We'll forever be fullerton brides, won't we.

Hi Poox,
Thanks for sharing your ps experience. you guys make me really look forward to my turn.

powderpuff

sorry, i got the name wrong.

thanks Besse, for sharing your ps experience.

it can be so confused reading this forum.

Hi Poox. I really look forward to my turn too.

poox

hi cin

Welcome back!! so where did u go for your honeymoon? was it fun???
is your actual day pic ready? who did u use?

hiee powderpuff..it's ok...
happy.gif
when's your wedding?

matka

hi girls,
so glad to see so many happy girls : )

just wanted to find out... how long did your PS take in the hotel and in the suite?

How long does it take to also have your indoor shoot?

i haven't the faintest idea!

blissz

hi gals

glad to see the thread alive again
happy.gif

hi matka

my indoor shoot took quite a while from 9.30am to about 4.00pm....PS in the suite and hotel took about an hour plus...then we went to another outdoor location...

btw when's your PS??

hi cin

care to share where u had your cards printed? did u go to the printer fullerton recommended? when do we collect the cards from fullerton? 2 or 3 months before our wedding?

powderpuff

hi girls,

thanks for visiting powderpuff. i got a lot of unexpected visitors after putting up my dress link. sorry my powderpuff might not display properly if you are not using MSIE. and things are not really displaying properly anyway. it is just another of my hobbies, please do not take it seriously.

hi poox ,
my wedding is 23 DEC 03

cin

Hi Poox,
Went to fiji for honeymoon. It was beautiful, didn't want to come back heh heh...
We used Monica from vividshots as our actual day photographer and Treasure Productions for our videos. Photos not collected yet, going down on Saturday...

Hi Blissz,
Yes, we used Jasvy, the one recommended by Fullerton. We chose the white wedding card. But it was a bit plain, so we wanted to add something to it, but because of the word 'invitation' in the middle, it was kinda hard placing the words. We added the chinese word 'XI' and our names and date. We kinda centralised everything in the middle around the word 'invitation'. Turned out better than i expected...we collected our cards about 2.5 months before the wedding.

besse

Cin..

Yo.. long time no chat leh... guess i've better pick up the emailing with ya again!
happy.gif
hehe.. wah.. went Fiji.. so exotic!! how much u spent there?? *kaypo*

Matka

ya. like blissz mentioned, i started my PS from 12pm.. started to move outdoor at 4plus.. took abt 45 mins - 1 hr at fullerton and went take a few shots at cavenagh bridge area.. den went to marina south for some greens.

Poox.. we took loft suite. cos can oni book one of the suites.. the double storey adds more variety to the angles..

Blissz.

I saw Cin's invitation cards.. v nice..
happy.gif

blissz

hi cin

thanks for your reply
happy.gif

btw how much did you pay for the printing?? did you do hot-stamping or inserts?? do you mind sharing a pic of your invitation card?? besse said it's very nice...looking forward to see your card
happy.gif

hi besse

i took the loft suite too...agree that the double storey adds more variety....so how's your pics?? must be very nice
happy.gif

matka

Thanks Blissz and Besse! : )

I've been told that occupancy rate currently is 100% so we might not be able to get the suite for PS
sad.gif

PS is less than 2 weeks time. Haven't exactly prepared for it yet *gulp*

cin

HI Blissz,

We did hotstamping in silver for our white invitations card. We paid $210 for hotstamping for 300 invites, and $0.20 each card for additional printing on front cover ($0.20X300). So total altogether is $210 + $60 =$270.

I didn't take a pic of the wedding invite...will try to get it done and upload it, but i IT blur one, must ask hubby to do it...

but if you go down jasvy, they might still have our card there...that's where Besse saw my card i think
happy.gif

Hi Besse,
How have you been? Busy with preparations? I got fiji airtickts at a steal...got them for $1500 each then cause i kiasu booked early(booked in early march when honeymoon end june
happy.gif
A few weeks after i bought the tickets, the price shot up to $2680 each then now it has gone down to $1680 each.

For accommodation, we spent 8 nights in fiji (2 islands, 4 nights each) and 3 nights in Auckland, New Zealand. Total expenses for accommodation was about $10 K. So after adding airfare, shopping and expenses there (some of the meals were included in the resort rates) total for honeymoon is about $17000.

Wanted to extend our trip lah...but no more money haha

cin

Btw, we have uploaded our photo studio photos, so if you are interested, can view them at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tianchongandcindy ...

but might take quite some time to download cause i uploaded the entire album layout format ...oh and some of the background in the pictures not airbrushed, can see wrinkles on the backdrop. Didn't realise i uploaded the wrong version until all was done...but uploading takes such a long time, me not going to redo heh...

so please be patient and wait for the pics to download if you wanna see them, thanks.

pam

Hi Cin,
Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!
Hope my photographer can capture Fullerton as well as yours did.

T

tealeaf1

Hi Girls,

Hope you all still remembers me...tealeaf1
happy.gif

some news for you all-
i am not going to have my wedding afterall...cos
both my husband and myself is going to migrate soon to australia(becos of his work). We decided not to have the customary wedding, just a church wedding there will do. We be leaving on 12th Sept Friday.

We going to shift to sydney. I'd be quitting my job and help out with his sister's f&b cafe there.

I am quite sad to write all this....

anyway, can you guys help me? I still have a bridal package with blush blush and a deposit with fullerton. I can let go at discount then to forfeit it...

can you all help me to pass this word around? thanks....

you can email me at

[email protected]
we can keep in contact by email...
happy.gif

love and hugss...
tealeaf1

matka

Hi tealeaf

so sorry to hear about you having to give up your dinner at the Fullerton. However, Sydney is a very nice place. I hope that you'll enjoy yourself there.

When is your dinner supposed to be scheduled? I can help you keep a look out since I may have a number of friends who'll be getting married soon.

Take care.

poox

hihi tealeaf

well....migrating to Australia sounds great!
will help u ask around to see if anyone can take your packages....any restriction like it have to be in 2003 etc?

hi powderpuff

i haven't been to many shows so nothing to compare with....will probably go for BV's one in Oct:p

powderpuff

Tealeaf's schedule is: Tealeaf1 - 13mar04/Blush2

Hi tealeaf,
Going to Australia sounds great, especially when your jobs are already secured. Life there is slower and less stressful... sure you are going to have a really great time. Will help you ask around too about your packages.

Hi Poox,
You should really go to the raffles one, and Sheraton too.

T

tealeaf1

Hi all,

thanks for your help...
happy.gif

My bridal package is with blush blush and banquet is with fullerton lor on Mar 04. No restiction on dates, can change to any date you like.
In fact, i already posted a few threads and ask if people want it...

thanks....we keep in touch!

miumiu

Hi there all fullerton brides...

i'm interested to have my wedding banquet at fullerton.

Need you gals to tell me how you would grade their:
quality of Food
serving size
sevice
ballroom
ambience
bridal suite

Thanx !

cin

Hi Miumiu,

On the scale of 1 to 10, with one being bad and 10 being excellent, i would rate:-

1) quality of food - 8
2) serving size - 5 or 6
3) service - 8
4) ballroom - 8
5) ambience and deco - 8
6) bridal suite - 8 or 9

cookiemz

hi gals,

juz wanna share with u.. i have been given the opportunity to upgrade my banquet package by topping up in exchange for a bottle of house wine for each table and the complimentary use of 2 projectors. if i opt for this, the 12 bottles waived corkage would be removed. it sounds like a good deal to me so i will be upgrading my package...

for those of you who have signed the contracts earlier this year, maybe you can check with your coordinators for more details.
happy.gif

hi miumiu,

i have only gone for food tasting so far and i would rate their food 8 and serving size 6.5 (based on food tasting portion size). Bridal suite would be a 8 (it would be 9 if the bath is as big as Ritz's)!

hi Cin,

surprisingly, i was quite full after food tasting... had expected to be hungry after dinner! :p

wen

Hi Cookiemz,

Can share how much is the topup cos I am now looking for wine? Really have headache cos dont know what wine to choose. Can save the hassle if hotel has good offer.. Thanks!!!

T

tealeaf1

miu miu,

would you like to take up my package? i be leaving for australia and need someone to take up my package. i spoken to wedding coodinator...can change date...

if you interested, can email me at [email protected] thanks!

poox

during the wedding show 2 sat ago, i feedback to the banquet director that there have been feedback that their food portion is too small and she told me to let the coordinator know during food tasting.

cin

Hi Cookiemz,

Ya food tasting portions quite big, was very full after that...but on actual day, portions were small, according to some of my guests...

cookiemz

hi wen,

topup is 30+++ per table. my coordinator said that it's the new package recently launched for 2004 dates and if i was interested he could try to arrange the same thing for me. check with your coordinator whether they can give u a similar offer. it sure beats having to source for wine ourselves and decide how many bottles to order...
happy.gif

hi Cin,

ops, i thought the actual portions will be similar to food tasting portions! the chef did mentioned that some of the food tasting dishes were prepared for a table of 10 that's why portion bigger coz there's only 8 of us. i had only asked for increased portion for noodles and dessert which were prepared for 10 but quite miserly for a table of 8...hmmm..
uhoh.gif

wen

Hi Cookiemz,
May I know who is your coordinator?
I think $30+++ is very reasonable cos they are going to charge me $30+++ per bottle for corkage and extra for use of projector.
Thanks for the info!!!

cookiemz

hi wen,

my coordinator is Danny. will update you once i confirm the upgrade with him next week, coz i'm not sure if there are conditions to it?!
wink.gif

decbride

Hi Powderpuff,

don't know if you still read this thread but didn't want to put it on the other thread, wanted the discussion to end there.

sorry for you experience with M.G. I think just like what is said in the other thread, i think it's all personal experience. For me, it was like when i went to B.V., they were all very nice and professional but this is what they told me, i quote, "sorry, you will not be able to see _____ until you sign up". So that was my experience with them, and therefore I share what I've experienced.

i guess that day must be a busy day for M.G., and if i'm in your shoes, being caught in the rain, bad mood and all, i will not have the patience to wait too
happy.gif

so you are having the your banquet at Fullerton? this is really nice... heard the suite is great, make you feel like queen or king! Really want to hold it there but price a bit steep for me... so had to drop the idea...

when is your date? have a great wedding! Enjoy!

wen

Hi Cookiemz,
I have decided not to take the new package. They want to charge me extra for retaining the whole fish.
Anyway, thanks for your help!!!

matka

Dear girls

I have finally done my PS! Finally! Can't wait to see how the shots turned out. We went to the Loft Suite... beautiful! We were given the suite that faces One Fullerton and has the view of the Esplanade. Can't wait to go back to the suite.

*dreamy sigh*

wen

Hi Besse
Going for food tasting next wed.
As for wedding invitation, have collected the sample. But the white is a bit too plain. Not sure if FIL will be happy if i choose the white design w silver wordings.
Gold wordings - weird right???
What do u think?

wen

Hi Matka,
wow... remember to show us pictures... must be very nice!!!
I called my coordinator but he said cant confirm the loft now. He can only inform me the availability one week before PS. sian!!!
Until today, still have not seen the suite. From the way u gals describe, must be heavenly..

wen

Hi Cookiemz,
Dont think there is any hidden cost. Just different menu.
Compare to what i have, not as good lor. They replace whole Soon Hock with fillet of grouper and shredded chicken instead of shredded abalone for shark's fin. If we want to retain the fish, must topup at least $40. If not, they can give us sea bass at no extra cost. Not very attractive, right???
Anyway, we can now get wine from them at $38 a bottle for Lindemans Premier Selection Shiraz Caberbet 2001 and $48 a bottle for Penfolds Private Bin Shiraz Cabernet. This price is inclusive of corkage and no minimum required. Think likely to go for this.

wen

Hi Cin
Can show picture of your invitation card? I find the white a bit too plain and the word "invitation" is very small. Think of getting own cards but quite troublesome leh...

matka

Hi wen

yes, you can ask for an exchange if you don't use the hotel's cards. We designed our own cards and did away with the wedding favours (chocs/potpourri). In return, we had 1) free usage of the 2 projectors and we can 2) choose between another free barrel of beer or a pianist.

matka

Wen, Oh! As for the suite, that's exactly what my coordinator told me as well. But another coordinator who called me told me that they've not disappointed any brides to date. So i told him, "pls not let me be the first one" ;)

Otherwise, the surroundings of Fullerton is just as beautiful esp since the hotel is big. I'm sure your photog will be able to take great shots!

besse

wen

the lindemans sounds like a good deal.. let me know after you have sampled it during your food tasting..
happy.gif
if not i gotta go source for our own..

Yes, the hotel will give you extras if you do not use their cards.. i was thinking of it then too.. maybe can swop for free wines or extra corkage waiver if you going 2 bring your own.. i swopped my wedding favors (choc) for the wines/extra corkage waiver.