The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

cookiemz

hi ladies,

long time never come into this thread.. how's everyone?

hi elenne & powderpuff,

who's your coordinator? mine is not very flexible, coz he does not allow me to defer the 2nd deposit.. :p I believe some of the brides here do not even have to pay the 2nd deposit... right, besse?
happy.gif

F

fullertonbride

hi gals!
just to check, does fullerton allow us to bring in our own projector?

Thanks.
happy.gif

besse

Hi Powderpuff

Hmm.. no le, don think can get free royce ride. they quoted us S$800 for 8 hours use for the royce.. not too ex, but still quite ouch factor!

Yo cookiezz..

How was the spa? good? ;) hmm.. not so sure abt 2nd deposit.. but i v long never contact fullerton liaoz.. will buzz my coordie up again to book suite for the PS in 3 weeks time..

Elenne

Don be pissed la.. Fullerton diff to negotiate one la.. belive is so for other same class hotels as well..

So what wedding bands you got? we also got ours oledy
happy.gif

elenne

happy.gif
hihi
powderpuff, you can email me.
cookiemz, yeah some people don't pay the 2nd deposit.
besse, got mine from aspial
fullertonbride, you can bring in your own projector. i was intending to do so but only managed to borrow one from my friend, so in the end decided to use theirs. Their projector is good.

zen

G'Morning!

Poox & Elenne,

I have not yet signed the contract with Fullerton...would really appreciate if you gals could share any tips for negotiating...

cheers

ps - elenne, we need two projectors to get full coverage for the ballroom, right?

cookiemz

Hi Besse,

Spa was good and very pampering.. hehehe..the fren I brought along signed up with them for a full package
happy.gif
Are your gowns completed? Any pics to show? I'm waiting to see my album layout. Now left with printing of invites and the best part... shopping for dowry and GDL items!!

didn't know that there's a royce for actual day rental? not that expensive hor.. compared to outside rental of mercs/jaguars.

anyway gals, here's the updated list..

Cookiemz - 17&18Sep03/Yvonne Creative/Mabel Lee Photography
Blissz - 30Oct03 /TedWu/Montage/Greymatters (KC Wong)
Besse - 2Nov03/TheWeddingPresent/AndrewChoi/Triston Yeo
Wen - 17Nov03/TanYoong/MemphisWest(Wesley Loh)/ThePond(Tan Ngiap Heng)
Powderpuff - 23Dec03/BV/Utopia
Pam - 28Dec03/BV/Studio D'fia/Fast Soup(Choon Huat)
Miumiu - Feb04/Silhouette&Sophia/Sophia
Tealeaf1 - 13mar04/Blush2
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Fastsoup Photography
Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV

we can bring in our own projectors but do check with your coordinator whether you need to rent any connection cables from the hotel.

zen

Cookiemz, Poox, and Elenne...it looks like you will all be having your banquet over two days! guest list must be huge! wow!

just curious, what made you decide to do your banquets over two days at the Fullerton, as opposed to one day at a larger venue (such as Ritz-Carlton)?

cookiemz

hi zen,

no lar, my customary wedding is on the 1st day and banquet on the 2nd day.. i had postponed my wedding at the last min and couldn't get the banquet slot on my actual day, so spill over to the next day lor.. ;) more relaxing too!

poox

hi zen

well like what besse mentioned, it's a little hard to negotiate much as i believe they are already giving quite a good package. Try to negotiate for some cockage waiver or lowering cockage price. that's abt it.
unless u want to forgo their favours or cards then can try to change it for something else eg. some free bottles of wine or beer etc.

elenne

Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV/ Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat

elenne

he was recommended by my friend who got married 2 years ago. actually i chose many things according to this friend's advice
happy.gif
. guess in the bridal services line, word of mouth is very important.

tinkerbell

Hi gals,

I'm also interested in fullerton but i find their menu a bit lacking, considering the price they are charging... the lower-priced weekend menu doesn't even have abalone (which my FH said it's a must-have item for his side... sigh..)... was wondering if we can negotiate for the mushrooms to be substituted... and fullerton's menu is only 8 course, leaving us even less room for negotiation...

I'm also attending the ted wu show... hopefully, fullerton has some enticing perks at the show!

poox

hihi elenne

great! i have confidence in him
happy.gif

hi tinklebell

mm....i'm not really a food person(esp chinese food) thus the menu looks alright to me. maybe u can try to negotiate and top up a little for your abalone?

ethan

Hi tinkerbell,

Fullerton's weekday menu is a lot more affordable for a reason, & abalone is one of them. The quality of the food is more important than the physical dishes, as what's the point of being served 10 courses of poorly cooked dishes? For banquets, no hotel can guarantee their food, as it's kinda difficult to do high quality control for large quantities of food. U may have to rely on word of mouth, & even then, u may be unlucky enough to recieve less experienced assistant chefs for your night.

besse

haiz.. food is actually least of consideration for us. haha.. decide on hotel without even looking carefully at the menu ..

Guess what Ethan said is right. it's diff to control the quality of the food in a banquet scenerio.

---

matka

Hi Girls
happy.gif

Today's actually my first time participating in this forum. Am also having my banquet at the Fullerton on 5 Oct. Solemnising in church the day before.

Having my wedding package with Irene's Creations which comes attached with the photoshoot in August by I Gallery.

Hi Fullertonbride, i did ask my coordinator if it was ok to use our own projector (i thought of trying to save cost there) but he said that by using our own projectors, we would take up more space in the ballroom. Whereas the Fullerton's own projectors are suspended from the ceiling and you only require one laptop to activate both projectors (on the left and right). By using our own two projectors, we will have to manually activate them and the cables that run around will be unsightly as well.

In the end, we decided to forgo some things from the package which we wanted to do ourselves and exchanged it for the projector.

Just a question, i didn't realise we cld book the suite to have the photoshoot done in there. Will we have to pay for the usage of the room? My photoshoot will be in august.
happy.gif

tinkerbell

Hi Poox, ethan, Besse,

Me not that concerned about the food as well (probably won't get to taste much of it on the acutal day itself hehe...) but my FH's family quite particular about the quality of the food (sat with his parents and relatives at his cousin's wedding recently, so I know...)

We have to hold a weekend wedding as most of our relatives would want to turn up for the tea ceremony in the morning and it would be very inconvenient for them if they have to apply leave or close their shops etc... So no choice, must fork out more for weekend rates... also saw from my friend's wedding (which was on a Wednesday) that the tea ceremony can be quite quiet if not many relatives can make it for the ceremony... not so good...

blissz

hi matka

i'm oso a oct bride having banquet at Fullerton.

i just had my PS at the Loft suite last week. dun worry there's no extra charge. my coordinator informed us about this when we signed the contract. maybe you could make arrangments with your coordinator?? the suite is simply heavenly ;)

matka

hi blissz

great to hear that! we were planning to have our photoshoot around the raffles place/fullerton/esplanade area cos i simply love the location albeit a little overused. But i just love the waterfront so i'm going to overlook that bit. ;)

I'll definitely check with my coordinator on that. Thanks again!

wen

Hi Matka
Can ask what do you have to forgo for the use of projector? My coordinator also tells me the same things when i told me i want to bring my own projector... in the end, my husband said too costly so we gave up the idea of slideshow...

wen

Hi Besse
Have u started anything with the hotel? Like food tasting, collection of cards etc???
I need to give my father-in-law lots of time to write his invitation cards.

btw do we call them first or wait for them to call us???

matka

Hi wen,
honestly, i can't remember the full details of my package now because the file isn't here with me. But we decided to not use the hotel's invitation cards cos we wanted to design them (and and our own professional printers) ourselves. I think we managed to get the use of the projector from that part.

wen

Hi Matka
Thanks! It is ok... Since decided not to use projector, better dont change my mind. My husband doesnt like me to keep changing.

As for invitation card, still have not seen those that the hotel provides. Nice?
I like cards from marie versailles but they are v unconventional. Dont know whether FIL will be happy. Thinking of using two version - one for relatives and another for friends. Weird?

I am sure your wedding cards will be very nice & special. Me not the creative type... so can never design own card.

matka

hi Wen
The ones that the hotel has are very nice and classy, in fact. I've seen other invitations used by other hotels and the ones Fullerton has definitely beats the rest. If not for the fact that we wanted to use a particular concept from one our previous trips, we would definitely have used the cards from the hotel.

this is just my personal feel, i prefer using a standard card for everyone. If you really like the design, i think you and your hubby might want to propose or lobby for the card. Sell your FIL the idea that it's different, memorable... hee. Hopefully he's open-minded enough to accept unconventional ideas.

wen

Thanks, Matka!
Think will stick to conventional card. FIL will definitely be unhappy and so will husband. The wedding card i like is too "ang-mo" for relatives. They might not know it is wedding invitation.

besse

Wen wen

Yoz.. howdy? been MIA-ing for a while yeah? how's prep?

me been lazy la. not yet contacted fullerton.. tot still gt plenty of time.. now busy with work and somehow, a bit of doing up the house..

That reminds me.. must call fullerton 2 book my suite for the PS.. when's PS for you? mine's 18th July.. 2 more weeks.. tomorrow going for trial and 3rd fit.. how's your gown?? ;) gt picts??

Hi Blissz,

Glad ya enjoyed your PS.. where else did ya go for outdoor?

tinklebell

same tots as you guys.. weekend wedding for convenience of relatives and guests.. haiz.. at expense of our pockets.. duh!!

Hi matka

Welc welc!!
happy.gif
wanna update the details and share with us your plans??

matka

Hi Wen, i checked out the Marie Versailles website. Nice, and certainly very different from the usual cards... : )

Hi Besse

Thanks! here's the update (haven't decided on actual day photog):

Matka - 4&5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery

blissz

hi besse

PS was great though tiring...we went to the Loft Suite and the pool...then the Asian Civilisation Mueseum and the bridge just outside Fullerton...

another PS coming up next week....not sure where the photographer is gonna bring us to...so have you decided where u wanna go yet??
happy.gif

wen

Hi Besse
a bit sian lor... nothing much to do now...
house already done so only need to concentrate on wedding prep. After confirming the design of gown, must wait till second week of Sep for first fitting.
yeah... feel like still have lots of time... 2 more months to fitting.... My PS on 30 Sep.
I also havent call them to book suite...

are you excited?? sure have lots of things to do.... manicure, pedicure, facial etc.... how s the detailing of your gown esp your red sexy EG?
rememer to take pictures hor....

wen

Hi Matka,
Very unusual, right? one of my fav is the couple on bicycle...
if i dare to be different, i will choose a few designs so that my same group of friends & colleagues will get different card.... more interesting....
but very unlikely lor.... 100% sure FIL wont be happy.... moreover, black background...to him... not auspicious enough...

besse

haros..

had a bad week manz . slept for oni 1 hr this morning cos have to rush a proposal. later going for trial mkup and fitting, liew, think i look so horrible that my designer will faint. haiz.. TGIF!!

Matka,

Thanks for the update. let's chat actively here.. life can be so boring sometimes..

Blissz..

My coordinator juz called to confirm my suite booking for the PS.. wondering to take the loft or the fullerton suite.. hmm.. wat you gals suggest? I have not thought much abt PS.. cos too fat liao, might even consider postponing the PS.. see how la, will decide after the fitting later

Wen

haiz.. i just starting on my hse.. ya, started mani liaoz, hehe.. cos my nail chipped bad.. so had to go do silk wrap..

gown details were nt totally up during 2nd fitting.. hope i won be disappointed later.. see how la.. will take picts and share
happy.gif

Take care and have a good weekend!!

poox

hi besse

sound like a rough week for you....must calm down and take time to relax

well if u feel that u're too busy then perhaps postponing for PS is a good choice. Recommend u take a couple of days off b4 PS to do some spa treament or simply bum at home to refresh yourself
happy.gif

i think i'll go for fullerton suite since we can also take pic in loft suite on actual day
happy.gif

share with us your trial makeup session

matka

Hi girls

oh dear. i never knew so much preparation goes into the photoshoot! Manicure, pedicure, facial... what else??

Wen,
i'm not sure.. does your FIL have to know what kind of cards you give your friends? hee hee. ok, better incite any trouble here ;) Yep, we were specifically told by my FIL ... "NO black cards ahh". I think even my dad would feel the same way cos he's told me before not to wear black to other people's wedding. Out of courtesy, and because he probably doesn't like it if other people does the same to us too.

blissz

hi besse

how's your fitting?? hope to see your nice pics
happy.gif

now that it's weekend do have some time for relaxation...take care...

hi matka

yeah, got a list of things to do before PS...btw when's your PS?? where u planning to go??

matka

hi blissz

our PS is in the first week of August. Final fitting at the end of this month. We haven't finalised the locations yet, but one place that we'll likely to go is Raffles Place/Fullerton/Esplanade area. Personally, I'm toying of the idea of Portsdown Rd with the b/w houses + railway track. Darn the One North construction
sad.gif
But still need to talk to FH about it.

Which locations did/are you girls have/having your PS?

wen

Hi Matka
Oh dear... Sometimes, I will wear black dress to wedding dinner. Dont know whether I have offended any friend's in-law. No choice, black makes me look slimmer. Ok, next time I will bring along a colourful shawl. hee hee...

Until now, still dont know where to go for PS. I only have 1 location for PS. Trying to ask my photographer to add the hotel as 2nd location.

wow... your PS is about 3 weeks later... Have you gone for final fitting? Are you excited?

ok.. something to share...
My friend told me that her makeup artist asked her to put SK2 mask the night before PS so that the face will be smoother and easier to apply makeup. Anyone who is keen, do try one to c if suitable about two or three weeks before PS.

wen

Hi Besse,
Muz take good care of your nail. If not, not mei mei liao...

How's your gown fitting on friday?

zen

hi fullerton brides,

just a quick question related to your deposit to the hotel: did you pay the deposit BEFORE agreeing on the details of the contract (i.e. what items you wanted to exchange, etc)?

(and is the "agreement" equivalent to the contract?)

any experience or advice is much appreciated!

thanks!

poox

hiee zen

i sign the contract after all "negotiation" is done. I paid the deposit at the same time. would suggest u do the same, get your coordinator to write everything down in black and white, sign then pay.

matka

Hi Wen, i personally like black too. Gives me a slimming effect! But it's just a personal choice not to wear it to weddings, just in case : ) I do see a lot of people who wearing black to weddings though, so i guess people are 'relaxing'. I don't think the couple/relatives will mind nowadays.

The final fitting will be one week before the PS... that (fitting) will be the end of this month. I hope, if anything, that I have not put on weight! hee.

Hi Zen, we signed the agreement and mailed it back to the hotel a month before they deducted the deposit from our credit card. By then, we had already agreed that certain things would be left flexible. That is, we had explored all areas that could be subject to change and our coordinator wrote down the options (possibilities for exchange) in his file and over email so that we can have alternatives in the course of the year.

zen

thanks ladies!

your advice is very helpful...

one other thing...do you know if fullerton provides the smoke effect for the march-in?

wen

Hi Matka...
Have another problem. Causally told PIL that I want husband to make a black tux. But FIL not that happy. Although he leaves the final decision to us, my husband is now thinking of blue or grey. BUT dont match my gown leh. HOW???

I took my measurement in Apr. Last few weeks, seem to put on weight around hip. Now very worried. My designer ask me to try reducing 2 inches from hip... Now worse than before. Dont know if i should ask him to re-take measurement.

matka

Hey Wen,
Huh... black tux also cannot? How about really dark blue? It'll also turn out like black, but there isn't much choice right? What colour is your gown? Maybe the other girls can give some suggestions. Or maybe how to approach your FIL in a delicate manner.

How far done is your gown? I'm sure your designer can do something about it. In the meantime, you still have some time to lose/maintain your figure : ) I need to do the same too. FH complains that I don't exercise enough. Make that - don't exercise :p

wen

Hi Matka,
My FIL is more than 70 years old so a bit pan-tang about black for wedding. Even the wedding date also has to be selected by him. Initially, i wanted 12/12/03 Friday.
Well, he did not insistent that No-Black. We have the final say but he is like a father to me, I dont want to make him unhappy. Likely to choose dark grey suit instead of tux.

My gown is light beige bustier ball gown with beadings on bodice. Dont know how the beadings will look like. So far, have only seen his sketch on EG & tea dress. EG with lots of embroidery but details unknown. Tea dress is cheongsam collar with peony applique on right side.
After confirmation of design, have not spoken to my designer, so dont know the progress. Only know first fitting in mid Sep but date not confirm.

I m too lazy to go gym so only control my diet. One heavy meal a day usually lunch. But this cannot lose much inches from hip and thigh but will not have tummy lor...

P

personaltrainer

Hi all,

For those Fullerton brides who're planning to slim down for their wedding, here's some advice.

A sustained fat-loss regime have to consist of a balance of exercise & diet. For short-term losses, a strict diet may offer faster results, but do understand that these results are temporary. The human body have remarkable ways of fighting back unnatural stresses imposed on the body. If u're looking at dieting, eating less meals is definitely not the way to go. Cutting back on the no. of meals may reduce your overall caloric intake, resulting in short-term weight loss. However, eating less meals mean your body will be in a more 'starved' mode than before, & the additional of food will cause an insulin spike in your blood glucose levels. In lay-man terms, this means that it effectively turns off your natural fat burning machine, aka metabolism.

P

personaltrainer

What u should do for diet, is to watch the quantity as well as quality. U may want to increase e no. of meals to around 4 per day, but each meal will be smaller than before. The total calories added together should be less than the 3 meals before. For quality, avoid saturated fat & oil, & dun overdo your carbohydrates, especially simple carbo like sugars & glucose. Work on the proteins, healthy fats, & fibre. To complete the picture, throw in some good vitamins & minerals supplements.

powderpuff

Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing with their preparations? I have just had my ROM a while ago. I wore the dress I made myself for the ROM ceremony and won a $20 bet from my dad. Actually I wasn't sure if I should wear it even just two days before. But my hubby came back that day and I insisted that he take a look at my dress. He suggested adding a waistband and said I should certainly wear it... so I did.

Here is a link to the pictures of my dress... just my dress.

http://www15.brinkster.com/powderpuff/my%20dress/front.htm