The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

D

damnchobo

does anyone know if fullerton handles 20 tables for chinese wedding banquet? what's their minimum for the main ballroom? anyone with experience or same constraints? Thanks!

jewels

Hin damnchobo,
Think for fullerton, min is 38 tables(weekdays)and 40(weekends). From what I know, they have only 1 ballroom and its really grand!

D

damnchobo

Thanks for the reply!
I wonder if they are willing to split the ballroom (as mentioned in their website) to cater to smaller wedding (20 tables) . really like the place, but can't meet the minimum!!

F

fyi

Jade's chef Sam Leong was awarded the prestigious Asian Ethnic Chef of the year at the World Gourmet's Awards of Excellence. (read yesterday's ST Life) This should give all Fullerton brides an assurance of great food!

damnchobo, do not think that they cater to small functions for banquet, there is a min of 38 or 40 tables required. the partitions at the ballroom are for corporate functions, not banquet.

sue

my wedding will be on Sun & the min is 35 tables. But, I only needed 30 therefore Elizabeth is working out a package for me.

J

javelin

Hi fullerton brides to be,

I am intending to hold my wedding in fullerton next year but am quite put off by the attitude of one of the banquet manager. Any recommendations for banquet manager because I want to speak to someone who is more patient and accomodating.

nicole

Hi Javelin,

May I know who did you liase with? I reccomend that u speak to Thomas, I am liasing with him.

happy.gif
Maybe you can email me?

Cheers!
Nicole

brides

Hi All...

I did liase wif pauline (ex staff of fullerton), she was damn rude.. if anyone had deal with her?

janfyp

Hi Brides

I believe most of us deal with Thomas. I find him a friendly, very nice guy. U can request to change manager if you dislike or are uncomfortable with a particular manager.
So is Pauline the manager who left fullerton? I will be very sad if Thomas is the one leaving.

romona

hi,

I'm holding a small wedding - abt 12 tables @ Jade resturant itself. No decor will be done, only central flower piece and maybe picture stand to put our picture coz' we can't hang things around. But Jade restaurant is beautiful enough, so, decor is not a issue to me. But it definately more expensive than dinner @ fullerton ballrm. They gave me a night stay in a standard rm
sad.gif
have anyone been to their standard rm? I wonder how's the room like?

J

javelin

Hi all,

I am not too sure. The manager I spoke to was Thomas. He never return my calls even though I left messages and when I finally got hold of him, he does not sound interested at all, he was quite rude to a certain extent. I still want to hold my wedding there but really am not comfortable talking to Thomas, can anyone recommend someone else to talk to???

nicole

Hi Javelin,

I am surprised at Thomas' attitude. Anyway, I will reccomend tt u speak to Hon, she is another banquet manager. Could u kindly email me? Thanks!

Nicole

sue

Hi Javelin,
U can talk to Ms Elizabeth Ong, one of the Catering Sales Manager. Her no. is 68778125. I spoke to her several times but regret that I din take up their package eventually.

M

mrs

Hi Javelin

I'm surprised to hear that too ..

Thomas was my wedding banquet manager and I must say that he has been consistently very polite and considerate throughout our wedding preparations !

He had always return my calls promptly, and left me voice messages if he is unable to contact me.

J

javeline

Hi Nicole & Mrs,

I'm happy that you had been well treated by Thomas. But he always give me the take it, leave it attitude. I have to be the one who call him to ask for things he promise to get back to me.I am not too sure whether I still want to do my wedding in fullerton.

BTW, Sue, care to share why u din take up the package eventually?

Javeline

sunflower

Hi javeline,
I'm being attended by Elizabeth. She a nice lady. Maybe you would want to seek her advice for your banquet @ Fullerton. I'm sure she will be glad to attend to your request.

Mrs,
care to share your experience staying over @ the Loft Suite?
happy.gif
i heard its a really nice suite.

Hi Sue,
my wedding will also be on a SUN
happy.gif

Have you discuss more with Elizabeth on the contract details?

romona

hi,

Is fullerton wedding nice?

I can't have the wedding card coz' I'm holding my dinner @ Jade restaurant.
sad.gif

sue

Hi Javeline & Sunflower,
I have discussed wif Elizabeth on some details but din take Fullerton bcos I only need 30 tables & their min 35. For 30 tables on Sun, it'll be $838+++. There4, I decided to chng & I'm very happy to have Conrad. I switched partly becos of Conrad's svc...When I called for the price list, they sent it almost immediately & followed up wif a call to invite me to view their ballroom & suite. I'm impressed during my mtg wif them therefore I signed up after the mtg. Moreover, there are also very good comments abt the hotel under the Conrad thread!

sunflower

hi Sue,
tks for the info. glad tat you settle for one that suits your needs best
happy.gif
Actually i'm also intending to take 30 tables only. And Elizabeth is also very kind to suggest Conrad/Four seasons which will cater for 30 tables. But i think my guest list will meet the min. req. eventually, so i guess fullerton is on my top list.

hi romona,
personally i've never attended any weddings at fullerton b4, but i heard the service and food is quite good, food by tung lok(jade restuarant), should have standard. Went to view the ballroom, the size is juz rite for a cozy wedding.

For cards, you can get it done with some card services, i guess that will be better rite? you can get to choose your own wedding card designs!!!

happy.gif

sue

Hi Sunflower, it's gd that yr guest list can meet their min. I was quite insistent on having Fullerton and even tot of getting my dad to invite more friends so that we meet Fullerton's min. But, after much consideration, I dun think it's worth it since I dun even know who they are!
So have u confirm with them? I really love the Loft suite.

romona

hi Sunflower,

I've booked with Jade for 12 tables, they only giving me the standard rm(w/o Breakfast)as our wedding rm
sad.gif
and my package is S$800 Nett w/o sharkfins. No chair cover, no cake, no decor, no presentation, no WG cards, no FOC carpark, no beer, no free flow of drinks, no chocolates, no guest bk... and can only take photo @ main hall.
sad.gif
I also love the Loft Suite v.much but they can't open the room for photo takings..
sad.gif
Do you think I'm being overquoted?

sunflower

hi romona,
i guess its becoz the jade resturant manangement is diff. from hotel. tat's why they are not so flexible. $800 nett is quite ex. but you can be assurred of good food.
happy.gif

maybe u can try talking to them again. Or change to another tunglok group resturant? compare the price....maybe its becoz jade is in fullerton, most things are quite ex.....
for my ROM, i wanted to try jade oso, but change to SPICE Garden resturant, another rest. by Tunglok, the food is great....
happy.gif
and price much cheaper.

hi Sue,
i've only make a tentative date reservation with them, have to get back to them on the confirm date....u went to view the loft suite? i've yet to see it.....
~sunflower~

J

javeline

Hi Sue & Sunflower,

Thanks for your advice. I called fullerton today and must say was very surprised after I spoke to Elizabeth! She was very helpful and patient in answering a lot of my questions as well. I feel more at ease after talking to her.
She spoke about the loft suite as well, seem very impressive so I think I will go down to take a look.

romona

hi sunflower,
at first we thou' of Spice garden too, but after trying to climb the stairs, felt that not suitable for old folks coz' my relatives are mainly 40-80 yrs old.
As for Chinois, their sales mgr worked office hours!? So funny, thou' sales mgr shld cater to work more on weekends? and package is almost the same as Jade.
Imperium, already sign up for my friend's buffet lunch. Need to share wedding with another couple. My FH don't like it.
Tunglok (liang court), taken up.
Noble house, taken up.
Charming garden, abit out of place for relatives. So no choice, left only Jade.

Indeed, Jade is VERY hard to neg. I merely just ask for 1 candles for central flower piece, they told me to pay extra S$15/table. Wahhhhh.. feel like being con by loan sharks..
sad.gif

sue

Hi Sunflower,
I saw the suites from the Fullerton website. There's a video on all the suites. U can go & take a look. Elizabeth did mentioned tt I can view it but I din do it since I'm not holding my banquet there.

Hi Javeline,
Glad that you've gotten Elizabeth to help you. Yes, she is really friendly & very patient. Tell us more after u have visited the Loft suites. My FH & me would love to stay there for some special ocassions. Thks!
happy.gif

~sunflower~

hi Javeline!
Glad to hear that you have talked to Elizabeth. I'm sure she'll be there to help you with your queries...
happy.gif

Do share with us more once u confirm a deal with her...likewise i'll keep my postings here as soon as i've got any new developments with her....

romona,
wah JADE really charge for everything huh. $$$
i juz viewed the picture of Imperium , seems like another 'in' venue for weddings. U should really consider tat....

hi sue,
tks,..ok i'll search for it on their website.....most probably i miss out on that link.....
crazy.gif

You have sign up with conrad rite? Is there any perks they offer you? Now *headache* thinking whether is there any perks i can ask from elizabeth??

sue

Hello Sunflower,
Nice to hear from u...it's one of my favourite flower!
happy.gif

They upgraded from a one night stay to a 2 night stay. In fact, I din really asked for more things because I thot the things they provide are pretty standard. One thing is if I dun want the 1st anniversary dinner, room use for brides-maids or invitation cards, they can offset them from my bill. By the way, when's yr wedding? Have u book yr bridal package?

~sunflower~

hi Sue,
*hee*...actually my favourite flower is tulips. but use sunflower as my nickname. Weird or not....
crazy.gif

so good of conrad to actually provide room for brides maid...i think fullerton don't have
sad.gif

Maybe i should ask elizabeth.

Tentatively, i plan to hold my wedding on Nov 2003. I've not started looking for bridal packages yet.....maybe will do it end of the year or next year..... how abt u? when is your wedding? start looking at bridal package oredi?

happy.gif

sue

Hi Sunflower,
I like tulips as well...basically I'm a 'hua chi' because I love flowers. I love taking photos with lots of flowers in the background. When I went to San Francisco, I stopped by those roadside flower stalls to take photos...my FH said I'm siow!! My initial intention was to hold a garden wedding but Botanical Garden can only take up to 20 tables so I dropped the idea!

I think it should be ok to book the bridal package later. I have been looking around & most likely I will take the package from Bridal Veil. I love those swarovski crystals on the wedding gowns.
happy.gif

~sunflower~

To all ladies,
Anyone out there already a fullerton bride? Or fullerton bride gonna-be?
I'm gonna place a deposit soon...anyone can share with me what are the things to look out for in contract?
Other misc. issues??

Thanks
happy.gif

hi Sue,
happy.gif
i can understand, most gals love flowers. I'm already thinking on the flower decors for the banquet...also a *hua chi*
crazy.gif

White lilies seems like a good choice.....roses hmmmm dunno if the effect will be tat great...coz quite small size........
wat flowers u have u in mind for the decor?

nicole

Hi Sunflower,

I am a Fullerton Bride to Be. My wedding is in Dec 2002.

Pls email me then I can share with u abt what to look out for before u place yr deposit.

Anyway, let me assure tt so far, my experience with Fullerton is wonderful!!

Will be waiting for yr email!!
happy.gif

Cheers!

Nicole

K

k

Hi Sue,

Which part of the botanical gardens were you thinking of using? Can you give me an idea of the costs per table? Is it western or chinese food? Thanks in advance for your input!

sue

Hi Sunflowers,
I have not tot abt the flowers to use for the banquet. I tot just leave it to the hotel to settle for me. Most likely, I'll have floating candles & gerberas as my table centrepiece. Maybe, once I settle my bridal package, I'll start to think abt that.
Yes, white lilies are beautiful, calla lily also nice.

Hi K,
U also another 'hua chi' like Sunflower & me huh? Just joking
happy.gif

For Botanical Gardens, it will be Burkill Hall. I have only checked with Hyatt Hotel on their sit-down dinner. Price is same as their banquet - Weekday $688 nett, Weekends $888 nett for 20 tables. To book the place, u'll need to pay $2000 more if wedding is from Jan to Aug & $5000 from Sep to Dec. I think u can check out those caterers, some do provide catering there. But, one thing I was told is no cooking is allowed at the garden, therefore, the food were all pre-cooked and brought there. Hope this help!
U might want to consider Rasa Sentosa. I tot of that too but my parents find the place inconvenient.

K

k

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the information! I find that I am becoming more and more of a hua chi since I started my wedding preparations.
happy.gif
Still don't know much about flowers but am certainly looking at them from a different light. The rental costs are quite pricey..

sue

You're welcome, K!
Yah, the rental is pretty expensive. Even if u were to engage a caterer, u still need to pay abt $3K to rental Burkill Hall.

P

prominence

Hi Ladies, I have just confirmed my wedding at the fullerton hotel for May next year. So far everything has been perfect. I saw from the June issue of her world brides mag that there will be an upcoming wedding show? Does anyone has any idea about it?

nicole

Hi prominence,

glad to meet another Fullerton bride.
happy.gif

The bridal show (with Ted Wu) is on 18th Aug, and its at $18 per person or $30 per couple. Afternoon tea is provided.

For reservations call 68878120/68878124.

or just email yr banquet manager...........btw who are u liasing with?
happy.gif

Cheers!

A

aliciak

Hi! Prominence,

Thank 4 your info. I have juz registered myself...heard they r quite full.....so ladies if you r interested please call fast and the number is 6877 8120 / 6877 8124.

candy

Hi fullerton brides,

I had also registered for the bridal show, heard that we will get to see the different set ups and flowers as well.According to my banquet contact, they will be launching some new ideas as well. My wedding is in Dec this year so I should be able to get some tips from there.

Hi Jewels, you can get a sample of the chinese name from your banquet manager

P

prominence

Hi Ladies,
I have called up Fullerton and made reservations for the bridal fashion show already. I hear that tickets are going out real fast. Ladies who are interested should act fast to avoid disappointment.

Nicole, Aliciak and Candy,
Thanks for the info on this show really appreciate it. My banquet manager is actually Elizabeth. Who are you all working with?

Looking forward to your reply.
Cheers

hawkflyers

hi all fullerton brides!

I had also just confirm my dinner with fullerton
for year end 2003.

Fullerton chinese name is Fu4 li4 dun1. Some people said it meant lot of luck and prosperity...

Just like to ask if any of you are able to throw in any freebies? Cos the person in charge of mine are not very willing to add in any more things..
btw, mine is a weekend package. Heard some other brides in the forum are able to throw in 2nd free barrel of wine..

hope to hear from you all...

p/s: i also sign up for the wedding show in ted wu
happy.gif