Taiwan F&E

Hello Idono

I have been to most of the places except for Jiufen and Keelung. What is nice in JiuFen and how do I get there?

I like danshiu.. its very beautiful
happy.gif

idono

Jiufen is a small "town" (kind of, hard to desc) on a mountain face overlooking an old harbour.

Its now quite touristy last i visited. lots of shops like danshui (maybe more). there's a lot of little curiosities to buy as small gifts. its a very old place revamped. the place just attracts me for some reason.

to go jiufen, usually i'll take a train to ruifang and then take to bus to jiufen. bus ride abt 15 minute. it'll wind up the mountain and after tht suddenly jiufen will pop up on the way down.

btw, most tourist who go jiufen also go to jing-gua-shi. its 1 bus stop (10minutes ride) further than the jiufen stop. jing-gua-shi is where the old gold mines are.

Hi Idono, is one day enough for jiufen? I do not have to stay overnight there right? How long is the whole journey from taipei city? Thanks for all your replies
happy.gif

idono

yes, 1 day is more than enough. u dun hv to stay over night there unless u wish to.

do u hv a facebook? i can open my taiwan photos of it i took for night scene there.

skywolf

Yup, TS hotel is really our fav also. Normally we will split our taipei stay into 2 parts, i.e.: Reach TW, stay @ TS, then go other places like Hualien/KS, then back to TW to stay @ Rainbow.
happy.gif

hollow

hi hi

does anyone have the number of TS Hotel?

I tried calling the one on the website but it is a invalid number.

and they have not replied to my online reservation

blanqq

hi hollow, i stay there before, they will sure reply u but if peak period they will reply abit later. If still no new after 1 week, u can send your reservation again..

hope this help u..

jall

hi! how much does it cost to stay TS hotel per night for 2 pax?
Anyone stay at Alishan before? can recommend?

fly05

Hi All,

Me and my hubby is planning to go taiwan in May 09. How is the weather in May?

Which travel agent will you recommend? it has been a long time since we last travel, and we are lost about how to go about for everything. We are still considering between travel by tour package or F&E, which is more advisible?

little_a

hi all,

I intend to book the tickets and accommodation online.. however I need to check how do I arrange the airport transfer? The hotel I intend to book is Ta Shun Hotel... Anyone stayed in the TS suite before?? Any comments on the other rooms?

sweetcorn

Hi little ash,

A 5-seater car can be arranged by TS for NT1200 from airport to TS and NT1100 from TS to airport.

Otherwise take KuoKuang Bus from airport to Taipei Main Station for abt NT125 per person, then take cab to TS for abt NT80.

Saw from another forum that the elevator only goes up to the 6th floor but the TS suites are on the 7th floor (highest floor) so you have to walk up one floor from the 6th floor.

little_a

thanks connie, i'm aware that TS suites are on the 7th floor and no lift. I don't mind actually cos I heard they said they are only two rooms on the top floor and we actually booked two rooms. Thus this means we are going to have the floor to ourselves?

I'm planning a 8 days/ 7 nights itinerary which I do not know how to go about it. Is it possible to visit Hualien on a day trip and back to TS in the evening? What's there to see in Hualien? Which are the must-see, must visit places in Taiwan?

sweetcorn

It's possible to tour Hualien in a day. Plan which day you want to visit Hualien then go to Taipei Main Station to buy return train tickets on the day you arrive. Set off early in the morning coz the travelling time for each way is abt 2.5 to 3hrs and return in the evening.

In order to cover more places in shortest time, you can hire a cabbie to visit the attractions on an agreed price. There are many cabbies waiting outside Hualien Train Station to bring tourists around Hualien. You can check out other travel forums for recommended cabbie as well.

The attractions that most ppl will visit are Taroko, Tunnel of Nine Turns, Swallow Grotto, Eternal Spring Shrine, Cing Shui Cliffs, Bai Yang Bu Dao, Ci Sing Lake etc. There is an ocean park (Farglory Ocean Park) further to the south but I don't think you can cover this in a day trip.

As for the attractions in Taipei are:
Ximending, Danshui/ Fisherman's Wharf/ Lovers' Bridge, Tianmu, Chiang Kai-shek memorial hall (renamed as National Taiwan Democracy memorial hall), Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Marty's Shrine, National Palace Museum, Longshan Temple/ Huaxi St Night Market, Raohe Night Market, Shihlin Night Market, Shida Night Market/ Gongguan Night Market, Yang Ming Shan, Beitou, Wulai, Yeliu, Jinguashi, Chuifen, Keelung/ Miaokou Night Market etc

Shopping: Taipei main station underground mall/ Ho Che Zhan, Wufenpu, Miramar Entertainment, SOGO, Taipei 101, New York New York, Shin Kong Mitsukoshi, Eslite Bookshop etc

Outside Taipei, you can visit Maoli for fruit farms, Sun Moon Lake & Yushan at Nantou, Alishan at Chiayi, Kaohsiung's Cijing Island for seafood and sunset etc. These places definitely require more travelling time.

It depends on your preference, nature or cultural tour or more of food and shopping. When do you arrive at Taiwan? Coz there's a flower festival at YangMingShan till mid of march. Strawberry season is from dec to march/april but this year may end earlier due to global warming.

little_a

Thanks connie.. this is very helpful.

Do you think I should spend one night at Hualien?? Which hotel is recommended?? I have changed my travel date: 25 Apr to 2 May 09. Do you have an itinerary that I can refer to??

bubble_low

Hi little_ash,

I stayed at a minsu in hualien: www.heartstay.com.tw. The minsu boss can be the tour guide to taroko gorge. The day trip is twn$2400, including ²M¤ôÂ_±V. He also suggested to bring us to ¤C¬P¼æ and ÃU³½¼æ.
Heartstay is located within 5-10 mins walking distance to the town centre. Pretty good to walk around at night. Owner is an old couple - very hospitality and buy mochi for us to try. Morning breakfast at the nearby soyabean king shop like the one in Geylang. Breakfast is good. You can order whatever you like and the owner will pay. Free pick up to/from train station.

I also stayed at Bayview Minsu (www.bayview.com.tw) at ¤C¬P¼æ.
Room located very near the beach. Can hear the waves and see the pacific ocean from the balcony. Got free bicycle rental to go around. Free drinks (can drink, coffee) at level 2.
Bayview can arrange for cab to town area or night mkt. 300 twn $ return trip per cab. Lots of nice food at town area. Pls ask minsu for advice. They also provided morning call for you to see the sunrise in the morning.

My itinerary in hualien: Reach hualien abt noon. Pickup by bayview minsu and spent the afternoon exploring ¤C¬P¼æ. The nx day, the minsu drove us to train station and we met the Heartstay boss to bring us for the day tour. For me, i like to spent about 2 days to explore each city.

Low

little_a

Thanks Low. How do I book the train tickets to Hualien? I saw on the website that we can choose the type of train ... also which train station should I depart from taipei and alight in Hualien?

kiddyu15

Hi,

I have signed a package to take my honeymoon pics in Taiwan with a Taiwan BS.. It's 2D2N and will be concentrated in ̨ÖÐ (°¢Àïɽ£¬ÈÕÔÂ̶ etc).. We are planning to continue our honeymoon in Taipei and probably Kaoshiung.. How many days is required for these 2 places? Cos we planning to go to Japan after that.. Is there anything to see @ Kaoshiung? Or is Taipei enough?

sweetcorn

You're welcome ashley,

Depart from Taipei Main Station and alight at Hualien Station but some ppl will alight at Sincheng Station coz it's nearer to Taroko National Park.

You can use the following as reference for your 8D7N trip.

Day 1: Ximending - Shihlin Night Mkt or Miramar Entertainment or both

Day 2: Yangmingshan - Beitou - Danshui/Fisherman's Wharf/Lovers' Bridge - Miramar Entertainment or Shihlin Night Mkt or both

Day 3: Maokong - Wulai - Gongguan/ Shida Night Mkt

Day 4: Hualien/ Taroko

Day 5: CKS memorial hall - SOGO - SYS memorial hall - Taipei 101/ NYNY/ Shinkong Mitsukoshi - Wufenpu/ Raohe Night Mkt

Day 6: Yeliu - Jinguashi/Chiufen - Keelung/ Miaokou Night Market - Raohe Night Mkt

Day 7: Martyr's Shrine - National Palace Museum - Tianmu - Taipei main station underground mall/ Ho che zhan - Longshan Temple/Huaxi St Night Mkt

Day 8: Last min shopping - Return to SG

Dione,

Kaohsiung is known for its harbor so most ppl will go there for fresh and cheap seafood esp at Cijin island. Other than that, nothing much to see.

little_a

Thanks Connie. This is very helpful. But how do I book the tickets online?? I dun noe which route to take.... and what is Tze CHiang?

bubble_low

Hi little_ash,

Website to buy hualien train tickets: http://railway.hinet.net.
1. To check time of train, click on ¤õ¨®®É¨è¬d¸ß on left side of website. Then Click on ²©ö¾Þ§@ª©¥». Select start and end destination, date. System will display available train timings and duration. I will normally choose the train timing that takes the shortest time. Take note of the train no. that you wish to board.
¦Û±j is the train type.

2. Go to http://railway.hinet.net/. Click on the English icon on the left side of website to order train ticket using train no.

3. Tickets must be collected and paid for within 3 days of booking (day of booking being Day 1). Pls use your passport no as they will request from you.

Low

sherrycherri

Hihi !

I will be goin to Taiwan for 6 days 5 nights (Free & Easy)on the April.

Can anyone share with me:

- wats the weather on April? *Heard is raining season =(*

- Any place is a MUST GO ?

- Place for Cheap & nice accessories, clothin etc.. ?

- Popular hot spring? Wats e charges like?

- Nice food?

Your sharing of details will be is very much appreciated.=)

noscon

hi gals

I just booked Onestar hotel, now just renamed to See you hotel near to taipei station. Anyone been there, can share about this hotel?

mrs_ng

Hi,

I will be heading to Taipei in end May 09
5 Days / 4 Nights.
Staying at TS Hotel
Any good recommendation where to go and what to do ?

Thanks a million in advance

iceqoo

Hi all,

Anyone know if the taiwan drief beef is sold anywhere here in Singapore? If not, anyone can help me buy??

Thanks.

tanmuiyen

Hi,
I'm just came back from taipei... I have 5pcs of NT100 cash voucher from cosmed for sale at $4 each. If you are to take all, i'm willing to throw in a NT100 voucher for Guo Da Yeh (a steamboat buffet resturant with 100+ of food and free flow of drinks and Hazan Daz ice-cream for a price at NT379/pax) and free postage. Another thing to take note is the cosmed voucher can onli be use during 18-Mar to 31-Mar. So anyone going this period of time and intend to go cosmed to buy things like mask, why not get this voucher in return for a better rate. If interested, please drop an email to [email protected]

sweetcorn

Hi all,

Keep all your receipts after purchases. You can use them to exchange for free admission to the Gold Ecological Park in JinGuaShi. Each receipt is for one admission per person. I'm not sure if this works for other attractions, you can ask before paying.

Ashley, to save the hassle of online booking the tickets to Hualien, I bought my train tickets from Taipei Main Station once I reach Taipei. Return tickets are cheaper than 2 one-way tickets. The timing of the tickets can be changed once without any charges.

Sherry, you can try hotspring at Full Moon Spa in Wulai (http://www.fullmoonspa.net/). It is recommended by many forumers. Go during weekdays coz less crowded and can enjoy discounts for hotspring. I booked the private room (žw–Ø•—˜C) for 2 hours at NTD 2000. Pricing for an hour is NTD 1200 (discounted/weekdays), NTD 1500 (normal/weekends). Hotspring in Wulai is clear and ordourless.

968106.jpg

cima_yv

dear all,

may be planning a F&E trip in Nov 09. please advise airline n places to stay (near MRT). on tight Budget.

jaslyn288

hi can someone share with me your taiwan itinerary? I'm cracking my head trying to put together a 8 Days/7 nights itinerary
heading there in Oct'09...

appreciate if you could PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks
happy.gif

cola

Hi
I am planning to travel to Taichung,ChingJing,Hualien on the wk of Oct 10 -16.There are two of us. I am Looking for couple who would be keen to share the driver cum tour guide (ChingJing/SML to Hualien,price NT5000/car) and also the Taroko Gorge whole day trip (price NT2200/car) It will be cheaper if there are 4 of us.

Anyone keen?