Taiwan Bridal Shop, Mikan Photo Studio

icemcbride

Hi All! i'm going to Mikan in April - confirm! I regretted not studying mandarin properly, now i have a little difficulty speaking to them in cheem mandarin :p

Flowers... they did say it's best to go between mar-may?

vivi6879

Hi Shirley,
I'll likely b gg for PS in late Apr or May..as my understanding frm them is that the best season to go is within Mar-May so if u're gg during these periods shd b safe.
happy.gif

ariesmoon

Hi all,
I'm planning to go for PS in late mar too, we might bump into each other too :p
They did say the best period to go is mar-may as the weather is gd, no worries for rain and the flowers open during this period is very pretty.

shirley85

Wow seems like many BTB going for PS between Mar-May... It's gd weather and our makeup won't be melting due to the hot hot sun heez.. I would love to catch the cherry blossom but my bf actually prefer to go during late april during the PH period. =\

Today i passby the roadshow at AMK hub and met 1 of the senior photographer, Ah Zhi he adviced that it will be good to jot down any nice photo and show it to the photographer. This will cut down alot of time. He recommend to logon http://verywed.com
happy.gif

lynnhere

Dear Mikan Photo Studio,

Our BTB will be appreciated if you could post the link here to let us know which month we are able to see what type of flowers. If possible, what are the things to take note and bring along from sgp.

Thank you!

chris1014

Can i know got any hidden cost when taken photo at Taipei?example stylist,transport.... i just sign a package last week....i affair got extra charges of that...

thanks

joannsw

Hi all

I just got back from my photo-shooting with Mikan. All the staffs over there are nice and friendly. My package is included 2 nights stay at Wego...Thumbs up for the Hotel and two thumbs up for the services over there.

ariesmoon

joanne, as you just back from your PS. Can I ask if we have to bring our own heels to taiwan for PS? Is there a lot of variety of gowns for you to choose from ?

sc_nah

hihi.. i was in taiwan last year march ... if dun remember wrongly it was he season of calla lilly .... whole panel of calla lily .. very pretty .. other flower i duno le wor ...

joannsw

Hi Ariesmoon,you can bring along your own heel and also slipper - in case (beach shoot). For the gowns selection, is depend on your package. Don't worry they are very pro in selecting of gown. They will gv suggestions.

shirley85

Does anyone know which location of we-go hotel is near to taipei or ximengting station? I've signed the package and was offered you lai hotel but i want to upgrade to we-go hotel.. Have anyone upgrade it too? able to advice how much need to top-up?

joannsw

Hi Shirley

Wego hotel is very far away from ximenting. is at Jian Nan Station. there is one shopping mall called Miramar Shopping (Mei Li Hua). Maybe you can email to them regarding the top up price..one thing is that you have to check in and check out the next day and check in again.

shirley85

yeah that's what the coordinator told me too... Can only check in after 8pm and have to check out at 12 noon the nxt day... It's so inconvenient
sad.gif
Is there any other similar hotel in taipei that can save the trouble?

joannsw

Hi Shirley

Only We-go have this rules. But it is nice experience to stay at We-go. Even their lift have TV in there.

My frds stayed at You Lai Hotel, so far no issue about that hotel.

chriswwl

I was oso being offered to stay at you lai, I try to send an email to change but they said its according to de agreement, so no choice I juz take up you lai.

joannsw

You Lai hotel also not bad, nearby their shop. Coz early in the morning you have to reach there quite early for make-up.

sc_nah

Hihi ,
i will be going in may 2011 cos my fren was saying best weather (he marrying a taiwanese) . Anyway i have yet to book the ticket and hotel.. planning to extend and bring htb around as my relative there as well..

Hotel wise i strongly recommend wonstar and future star.. all is jus at ximending ... really like e location .. no matter go where also easy ..probably will extend and go there...

ander_wiz

Hihi everyone,

I have also signed up their package today at their roadshow at Iluma with Sindy (Sales Manager). Was really impressed by their photo display and good service. Their wedding pics look like those taiwan MTV. Also thinking to there in March 2011. They were suggesting a New Hotel call City Inn (think near a railway or metro station). Anyone heard abt it? Thanks

off_the_rack

Hi Ander_Wiz,

I have also just signed up a packagae with them...And thinking to go in Mar 2011 too. And the hotel they recommended is also CityInn.

ander_wiz

Hi Chriswwl -- Yes the free 2N stay included in the package is in City Inn. Have surf the net for this hotel, seem this is a new, trendy hotel in a good location. However this hotel seem to allow people to book room on a hourly rate (like hotel 81).

Hi Off the Rack -- We might bump to each other in taiwan since they suggested the same hotel to us and we going around March 2011 too!

off_the_rack

Hmm
sad.gif
my package does not include free hotel stay.
Am sourcing for cheap air ticket now...but it seems its getting more expensive than 1 month ago. Jetstar was approx 1k for 2 now it is 1.2 k for travelling in mar 2011.

purefovmew

Hi. I signed up a package with the mikan studio. And they charge me and my gf 1200 for the package. I would like to ask. The words at the side of the contract, did they cancel it for you? Because if i didnt remember wrongly, the words at the side says that additional fees could be charge.

lelaine

Hi,

does Mikan provide any info booklet abt their seasons and locations?

Qing, what flowers are there in april to shoot? Thanks

off_the_rack

Hi Lelaine, before you set off to Taiwan for ur PS..they will email you abt what to prepare and expect...so far they have been very prompt with the email response and quite efficient. I will be flying there in Mar 2011.

leeweida

Good day ladies~ i have signed a S$3,680 package with Mikan. Can someone tell me what i'm in for??

1. Additional costs for the use of chairs and stuff?
2. what is the likely kgs for those stuff to be airfreight back?
3. what is the usual price for the bargain of additional photo, even it is stated as S$65 per photo?

ariesmoon

Hi lelaine, mikan have email me the flowers availabe for every month. If you want let me have your email address, I can forward you the email.

joannsw

Hi Shirley

Sorry for late reply, when you reached there, they have already assigned one photographer/one makeup artist/one helper for you. Just tell them what you want. My photographer is Lin-Sir (very nice guy). I went to Daishi, beach(somewhere at Jin Shan), and another three places i cant remember. Bring along your slipper in case beach PS. BTW i am collecting my albums soon but I need to pay for the freight charges. lol

Cheers
Joanne

bg2012

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on the expected freight charges? I will be taking my photos in March 2011! Cant wait
happy.gif

earllatte

Hi Peeps!
I have signed up a 30pics package with them last Dec too^^ Have booked my PS slot in end April.. Was attracted to their "In-the-making" photobook that many other taiwanese PS boutiques are not able to provide.. can't wait for April to come quick!

earllatte

Hi Logged!^^ For freight charges.. I was told to be prepared to pay anything between $250-300 for the photo album and the freebies that they're throwing in..

Hi everyone,
My HTB and i have just went for the PS at Taipei last Dec. It was a disappointing trip, saved for the WEGO stay. Although it is a love motel and u need to check in and out everyday, the rooms were awesome. When we refused to buy more photos than required, they were not happy abt it. I dun think the service was gd, but i am glad some of u had better experiences with them.

garyting

Hi TSS, sorry to hear about your disappointment. May I asked who served you during the selection of the photos?

And also, hows the experience during the photoshoot?