Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

oyt

Hi all. I am marriott btb soon once i paid my deposit nex yr!!! I visited 5 hotels that day which includes mandarin oriental, grand copthorne, goodwoodpark, orchard hotel & marriott.before i visited marriott, i like mandarin best but its a little pricey and orchard hotel is really cheap at 1.4nett and we were given hell lots of perks!!! I was kinda headache to go with a so-so hotel which saves our pocket or a hotel which is really beautiful and offered extensive menu! I was contemplating really hard until i went to marriott. Htb and i were very impressed with the exclusive ballroom and foyer marriott offered as well as their amazing perks!!!! The price given was in between orchard hotel and mandarin oriental and was within our budget but the perks we got were so much more than what even orchard hotel could offered! The best thing was, i didnt even negotiate! My WP basically showed me what they could max out and both of us were jaw dropped!!! She even prepared us with wedding favour each as gifts before we started e conversation. We felt that she was really sincere and not too "hard sell". Her name is jolene. I am very satisfied with whatever we discussed that day and i cant wait to hv my wedding dinner on 25th sept!!! Everything was so perfect for us and best is, marriott has got e best location centralized in town & drivers could escape from ERP!!! And and and the desserts, icecream (melting hearts) which i requested to have during my wedding was granted!!!!

oyt

Ahhh sorry i meant once i paid my deposit next week haha...

The hotel is having e promotion on 31oct, its a wedding showcase.
I got my perks bcus of that and i will only get my perks if i make e payment on 31st oct itself. So hurry down if u wanna know more!!!

mifenmei

Hi all. I am marriott btb soon once i paid my deposit nex yr!!! I visited 5 hotels that day which includes mandarin oriental, grand copthorne, goodwoodpark, orchard hotel & marriott.before i visited marriott, i like mandarin best but its a little pricey and orchard hotel is really cheap at 1.4nett and we were given hell lots of perks!!! I was kinda headache to go with a so-so hotel which saves our pocket or a hotel which is really beautiful and offered extensive menu! I was contemplating really hard until i went to marriott. Htb and i were very impressed with the exclusive ballroom and foyer marriott offered as well as their amazing perks!!!! The price given was in between orchard hotel and mandarin oriental and was within our budget but the perks we got were so much more than what even orchard hotel could offered! The best thing was, i didnt even negotiate! My WP basically showed me what they could max out and both of us were jaw dropped!!! She even prepared us with wedding favour each as gifts before we started e conversation. We felt that she was really sincere and not too "hard sell". Her name is jolene. I am very satisfied with whatever we discussed that day and i cant wait to hv my wedding dinner on 25th sept!!! Everything was so perfect for us and best is, marriott has got e best location centralized in town & drivers could escape from ERP!!! And and and the desserts, icecream (melting hearts) which i requested to have during my wedding was granted!!!!
how much per table for mariott?

oyt

Hi normally for dinner is probably abt 1.5k plus to 1.6k NETT. It depends. If u go down on 31 oct with their wedding showcase u get better deals!

Hi lovemylife, are you taking the 7course lunch? Do you think 7course is filling enough? I understand that most hotels provide 8course lunch.

Yup I'm taking the 7 course lunch. I think for lunch, even if it is not very filling, it is ok haha. Cause 3 hours later will be dinner already.

We went for the food tasting and was very full after the 6th course. Of course, the portions are larger during food tasting. My wedding is next sat! Will ask my guests for feedback and update here :)

@lovemylife congrats!! share with us yr exp!

Shall do a short post on all my wedding vendors. Hope the below info helps all btb. Any questions can just pm me.

Prewedding photoshoot and AD wedding gowns: z wedding
I love my gowns alot, and I received lots of compliments on my evening gown. Claire was my gown consultant, and she was able to pick gowns that suited my body shape. My whole process choosing gowns took about 3 hours because Claire was very fast.

Dick from z wedding took our pre wedding photos. Even though the photos eventually turned out nice, we didn't have such a fun time taking our photos because Dick was quite "fierce" and kept making remarks that we did not know how to pose. I was very irritated because we expected the photographer to guide us on how to pose. The process of taking photos was stressful. If we could do this again, we would have requested for another photographer. The only consolation was that the photos turned out to be nice.

Amber from z wedding was my makeup artist. She's really very good! I love my makeup and I also received lots of compliments on my makeup.

VG AND PG:
We engaged 12 Loves for our Actual day videography and photography. We got their sg50 package deal at $1488 for 8 hours of pg and vg, which was super worth it. Sam and kevin are very funny guys which helped to lighten the mood a lot. The actual day photos also turned out to be great. Highly recommend them!

Hotel: Marriott Hotel
Coordinator: Jolene
Banquet manager: Ronald

Husband and I felt that our coordinator was not very "on the ball" because we had to ask her for updates, i.e. she did not remind us on the printing of the wedding cards and only when we asked her, did she set an appointment to choose the cards. This resulted in a tight deadline for us with one month more before our wedding. However, she is prompt in responding to emails. She's also very flexible and we managed to negotiate for extra perks.

We were very happy with our banquet manager on that day. He's very attentive and sweet. When he overhead that we were thirsty, he brought hubs and I some honey water. He was also very conscious of the time and guided us with the flow of the programme such that everything went smoothly and on time!

Food wise, our guests said that the food portion is smaller than other hotels. We had the 7 course meal. However, quality of food is good.

eelyllis

Hi, i'm new here and a 2016 btb.
Torn between Marriott and MM for their pros and cons. I prefer MM's coordinator compared to Marriott's. But most impt to me is the food. I read some reviews that Marriott's food is no good.. :(
Anyone care to share more? TIA!

momentousdream

Hi all! I've just had my dinner banquet at Marriott in November, and thought I would just share my experience here.

Coordinator: Stella
Banquet manager: Mano

It was an extremely delightful experience working with the whole crew for the event. Both Stella and Mano helped to ensure that things were all smooth and they took very good care of both my hubby and I throughout the event. Eg: they'll help to check my gowns to make sure I'm comfortable, reminded us to eat, and brought honey water to quench our thirst etc. It was a huge load off our shoulders and all my hubby and I did during the dinner event was to smile and smile more.

Our wedding entourage who worked closely with Stella and Mano was full of praises for both of them too. My hubby and couldn't be more thankful to have Stella and Mano with us on the day itself.

As for the preparation leading up to the actual event, Stella had been of great help too. She would help keep us on track in terms of timeline and when we have any queries, she would give us advice accordingly. She's really a gem in her industry.

One if the reason we decided on Marriot was because food was our main concern. Although the dinner menu doesn't seem impressive like many other hotels, we have heard good reviews abt the food before we decided to sign with Marriot. On the actual day, all our guests told us that the portion was crazy huge, and tasted very good! Phew! Glad that the guests liked the food!
According to our family who attended the food tasting, the standard and portioning of food on the actual day was the same as tasting, if not better. All our guests were very satisfied with the food, which means my hubby and I are happy too :D

All in all, I'm so glad that we chose Marriott for our wedding. Location is super great (convenient!) and people were nice. Highly recommended to other couples!

Hope this helps :)

kewpie20

@eelyllis i chose marriott cuz MM v pushy leh... lol. min tables abit too many for us. food wise mixed reviews but we believe restaurant will be better? :D MM pricing was much lower too..

Too bad marriott falls to my 3rd choice. It was a nice place but feel that the space they gave us - the gallery is too open cos we only have 8 tables. Stella was friendly but didnt follow up with us after the meeting. Which make me feel 'unwelcome' though its not her intent.

Congratulations to you!!

eelyllis

@eelyllis i chose marriott cuz MM v pushy leh... lol. min tables abit too many for us. food wise mixed reviews but we believe restaurant will be better? :D MM pricing was much lower too..

Hi kewpie20, our coordinator at Marriott is quite slow in replying and follow up, MM coordinator is v on the ball that's why I like. Hehe. Hope if we choose Marriott everything will turn out well :)