Singapore Art Musuem

poohgy

hi girl ren yu,
I've juz booked SAM for my wedding coming jun.
Did you hold a lunch or dinner? Mind sharing the layout.. was it a sit-down or standing reception? Having headache now as I'd be using the glass hall for mine. Trying hard to squeeze more ppl in... haiz...

huiling

hallo Poohgy!

I only had a high tea reception at the Courtyard, so no layout
happy.gif
weather was great that day so everyone was walking about eating and chatting
happy.gif

wiselyn

hi all,

i had my wedding recepttion at SAM last june, all i have got to say is it is a nice place...i love my wedding reception..

wiselyn

michelle_

Hi all,

Do you all mean the Glass Hall @ SAM? I just went there last month for a catering food sampling. Very nice and cozy place. Nice food and cozy area made the whole place look grand and expensive.
happy.gif

kanchi

Hi, grapey:
thanks for your nice photos. Both Wiselyn and you use SAM at the daytime.

anyone use SAM for wedding at night? I want to compare SAM and ACM...

Hi Goober,

I am also interested in having my soloemization and wedding banquet at SAM. After looking at your lovely pictures, I wanted even more to have it there. I have many questions and really hope that you can help to answer to them,

1) Can I know which florist did you get? Saw the beautiful flowers that were attached to the chair.

2) How about your dinner, did you opt for buffet or Chinese banquet dinner? I intend to have the solemization in the Auditorium, cocktail reception at the courtyard and Chinses banquet dinner at the Glass Hall. Still deciding which caterer to go to?

3) Who is your photographer and your bridal package is from?

4) How much is the rental fee for the London cab and for how long?

Thank you very much for your help!

grapey

Hi malteselover!
1. the flowers attached to the chair were handmade by me lah.. bot flowers from Concourse.
2. my dinner was at Conrad.. not at SAM.. i had reception after the ROM though
3. what is your email? I send you my photographer details.. i had a few photographers.
my gowns are from The Wedding Present.
4. the london cab cost me about $200plus for 7 hours

Hi Goober,

Oh, from the pic, I thought it was done by a florist, fantastic job there!

My email is [email protected].

If possible, would you be able to send me the procedure for your solemization ceremony. I am confused on what should be done during the ceremony... THANKS!!!

lollie

Thanks Wiselyn,

You used the glass hall right? The marquee area is the courtyard?

How much did you spend? With all the frills, deco etc, is it more expensive than hotels or country clubs?

I was told that SAM is going to increase its rates. Have called and emailed Stephanie to enquire but have yet to rec any reply.

wiselyn

lollie,

Yup,used the glass hall...the marquee is on one side of the courtyard.

Total abt 12k, including deco, food, jazz band, wedding favours and hall rental. I have abt 280 pax..for standing cocktail reception.

Think it is cheaper then hotels or country clubs lor..

when did u try to get her? sometimes she can be very busy lor..wait for a few more days..i heard that they are going to increase their rates..but till not i think not yet increase

wiselyn

theaprilwedding

Hi Wiselyn,

Thanks for your email. Really appreciate it. Looks like you and your friends had a wonderful time.

Was the marquee part of the package when you book the Glass Hall or did you have to request and pay for it?

Cheers!

wiselyn

rany,

ya, we did have a great time during my wedding..

i got nanyany canopy to built the tentage for me..for SAM...they are only respondsible for renting out the plc...all other logistic and stuffs, u got to do it yourself..

wiselyn

clclwedding

Hi Brides,

If you need any projectors, audio equipment, can contact this guy. Sim @ 9743-2423. His price is reasonable and very reliable.

Cheers!

hatemenot

hi all,

i am thinking of a hi-tea reception too..

to those who have held a hi-tea reception at the courtyard, was the weather hot? or did you all installed a marquee?

Please advise.

Thanks!

de_princess

Hi,
Dunno if anyone still reading this thread..

Wiselyn,

I am thinking of using the glass hall or auditorium for my church wedding. Can I check if the marquee is necessary for the reception? There should be some shelter at the sides right?How much is the marquee?

cacky

I'm thinking of booking the SAM glass house for May next year. Probably just looking at doing buffet for 100 pax. How early in advance should I be booking?

jaye_w

G_Phua,
I used Rasel and their food is not bad and the decor was nice! I topped up alittle though cos' I wanted Cocktail tables as well as white linen table cloth!!

jeli82

hi all, just wondering if the glass hall and one of the courtyards can hold about 150pax. i'm not too sure how to squeeze everyone as the place seems pretty small.

did anyone put up a marquee? how much does the set up cost?

jaye: could you share your pics with me too? my email add is [email protected]

thanks!!

clement18

Hi Jeanette,

if your wedding is a standing kind, which ours was, our estimated guests for the day was 200 but end up about 300 came, cos of kids and some last min guests...if standing kind, pple would come and go and will not sit down for a long time like a banquet

for sitting down style, in the glass hall is about 10 tables, courtyards will be abt 5-6 tables on each sides...

indeed...SAM is not a big place...more towards cosy place...for us we did set up a marquee on one side of the yard...with the standing air con unit and fans...costed us abt 1.5k...but the effect was superb!
happy.gif

jeli82

Thanks Clement!

could you provide me with the contact for your supplier of the marquee?
would it be possible for me to take a look at your pictures too? would love to see how the set up is like.

thanks!

clement18

Hi Jeanette

provide me with your email account to share the pictures with you

btw the marquee is from Nanyng Canpony...can look for the sales staff there